• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Finished my survivor plus run and cleaned up some collecting now I am all done with SP. Time to do some MP. Hopefully I can finish it up before Destiny comes out.

andycapps

That's why I said blatantly. I understand sometimes there's more than one person firing, that sometimes in the middle of the mayhem you shoot at everything and you don't want to give the rival team the chance of a revive, I even understand if the guy was locking the enemy for me to flank, he did something for that kill. But you know which ones I mean.

I agree. I always go for the execution if I have the shot, even if it's not my downed guy. a) I don't want to give the other team a chance for a revive, and b) I don't want my dumb teammates (when not playing with Gaffers) to run out in the open to try to get a special execution and get themselves downed.

jeffc919

Playing with randoms, I just shoot everything that moves including downed enemies. I started out trying to let the guy who downed the enemy get the kill, but I've had so many kills taken from me that I figure it's fair game. It does feel a little cheap when I get a game with more executions than downs but I think I get quite a bit more that are just the opposite, especially since I tend to sit back and get a lot of mid-range downs.

The one exception is if a teammate downs the guy that killed me and then revives me. I'll always let him execute the guy in that case. Speaking of which, I had a game the other day where that exact scenario played out and the downed enemy was next to a health pack. I tried to pick up the health pack but it instead performed the special execution on the enemy...I felt so dirty and ungrateful!

WITHE1982

Played a few rounds last night and seemed that every execution I got was someone else's down. I never set out to kill steal any and made sure to apologize after each kill. It was weird. I ended up with 2 downs and 8 executions after one round without ever intentionally kill stealing once.

I tend not to mind if anyone kills my downed opponent as I get most of my parts from gifting anyway. As previously said it's the guys who jump up as soon as you revive them to kill-steal that really get on my tits.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I was just booted in the middle of a match, which converted 40 of my healthy clan members to hungry. :/

I had to share this. It's probably not a repeatable event. I had 4 shivs in 3 minutes….. on the same guy! 2 of the shivs i had the option of getting someone else but purposefully went for the same guy, haha. I had 7 shivs in total for the match. I think thats my most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKs58wmvKnw

When that music starting playing I lost it. I'm surprised that guy didn't rage quit lol

whoaduh

When that music starting playing I lost it. I'm surprised that guy didn't rage quit lol

Although he started off 0 - 4, he actually ended up with 7 - 6 so I don't think he's as bad as I made him look at first. But yeah, I was def expecting him to quit after the 4th one, haha.
Wow. That was amazing. That music had me crying

Song is amazing, and good job on using 7 shivs!

Thanks, guys! I have a 1 year old so that's pretty much the stuff I listen to nowadays.

I had to share this. It's probably not a repeatable event. I had 4 shivs in 3 minutes….. on the same guy! 2 of the shivs i had the option of getting someone else but purposefully went for the same guy, haha. I had 7 shivs in total for the match. I think thats my most.

dSDJP5C.gif

Mentok

Banned
Finished my survivor plus run and cleaned up some collecting now I am all done with SP. Time to do some MP. Hopefully I can finish it up before Destiny comes out.

That'll be tight. Each game counts as a day and you have to complete 12 weeks. So essentially that's 84 games per clan. So in total 168 games. Actually, I think it's less as you don't really play week 12 day 7, so that's 166 games. And it can take a while to get into games, plus games in which you join part-way don't count. One night it took me almost an hour to complete one day, simply because I kept joining games that had already started, then upon completion the server would boot me out and search again.

I was just booted in the middle of a match, which converted 40 of my healthy clan members to hungry. :/
That's happened to me a few times. I've also had the game crash twice, which counted as well (once during a 60% clan loss challenge).

That music selection is phenomenal. Great video!

Oh god was I wrong. The second the actual game loaded and the camera does that swoop thing at the start of every match? The FPS made my head hurt. Then I pushed up on the stick to move. It got even worse. So that entire first game I felt nauseous. It was the most surreal thing. I know some gaffer here was the one who influenced ND to include a locked 30 FPS option claiming it made them nauseous. When I first read that, I thought that it was an overstatement. It's not. 4 hours later I still feel like shit. I don't even know if I want to play the remastered right now, in fear of feeling even worse.

I eventually got use to it but that feeling never really went away.

I wasn't the influential gaffer, for some reason I get nauseous with bad unlocked framerates. It is exactly as you described, though I never get used to it. It ruins my entire day...

HOLY. SHIT. What loadout are you using? And I probably would have rage quit, or at least started gunning for you.

whoaduh

HOLY. SHIT. What loadout are you using? And I probably would have rage quit, or at least started gunning for you.

Covert 2
Brawler 2
Marathon 1
and my secret ingredient, the one that was a game changer for me… Sharp Ears 3. As far as i know I'm the only one that uses that and I think its almost as important as covert 2 for playing stealthy.

But regardless of all of that stuff, I never stand there in a shootout across a hallway (I'm a terrible shot anyway), I'm constantly flanking and I'm constantly going against the grain, against the natural rhythm or flow of the match to get behind the other team.

While that guy never did kill me, he sure was quick to run over and teabag me after a teammate of his killed me. haha.

Covert 2
Brawler 2
Marathon 1
and my secret ingredient, the one that was a game changer for me… Sharp Ears 3. As far as i know I'm the only one that uses that and I think its almost as important as covert 2 for playing stealthy.

I use Sharp Ears 3; I find it incredibly useful. I have Damage Marker 1, Hawk Eye 2, and Explosive Expert 1, as well. I like the fact that I can shoot and mark, and the enemy glows so I can see what they are doing.

I may have to roll with your loadout once or twice to check it out.

mollipen

Yup. I often down and enemy, revive a guy nearby who got downed during the gunfight, and have that guy run right for the downed enemy as soon as he/she gets up and take the kill from me. If that happens I'll make a point not to help that player again.

Is this really that big of a deal? The points you get for finishing someone off aren't that much, and I'd argue it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Unless there's some added benefit that you're missing out on from executions that I'm not aware of.

Is this really that big of a deal? The points you get for finishing someone off aren't that much, and I'd argue it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Unless there's some added benefit that you're missing out on from executions that I'm not aware of.

I honestly couldn't care less about the score/points or whatever.

It more of a "okay, if you're going to act like a dick then I'm not going to help you" kind of thing. Don't get me wrong, if we're in the middle of a firefight everyone should just be off-ing each others' downs to stop the other team from reviving each other. But in the situation I described, where we're alone and I revive the guy, and he just makes a bee-line for the enemy the millisecond he's up to take my execution first? You're just being a dick and if you play like a dick it makes me not want to help you out.

quickwhips

Launcher is probably one of the most fun weapons to use in the right situations. Pair up with someone else and it's downright hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ge16KGYQ80

Some Launcher brutalities going on in that rather quick match.

FUN!

I never realized this gun was in the game until somoene shot 2 at me yesterday. I was like wow that was close he can't have 2 of those right? And bam second one got me. I need to try it out sometime.

Launcher is probably one of the most fun weapons to use in the right situations. Pair up with someone else and it's downright hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ge16KGYQ80

Some Launcher brutalities going on in that rather quick match.

FUN!

Seems very useful if you attach the Bomb Radius perk.

Ammo is super expensive, but it seems that you can do some devastating damage if you know the arch. I think of this weapon more of a sidearm/secondary that would come in great use when enemies are behind cover. I mean, that's what makes the gun so unique.

whoaduh

I use Sharp Ears 3; I find it incredibly useful. I have Damage Marker 1, Hawk Eye 2, and Explosive Expert 1, as well. I like the fact that I can shoot and mark, and the enemy glows so I can see what they are doing.

I may have to roll with your loadout once or twice to check it out.

I still need practice using it, as I have yet to get the timing for restore down, but it is super useful. Unless they are rocking Covert 3. The fuckers...

and when are we getting more loadout points?

Real tired of playing with randoms who just sprint everywhere.

Wanna play with some Gaffers. PSNID same as GAF name.

I'll add you next time I'm on.

I just had a almost come back from with the enemy team having 17 respond with only some random with me. Got them down to one respond before the idiot ran out in the open with a molly, leaving me to get flanked and lose.

And share missed the capture by two seconds...

Toreal

Anyone know where you report exploiters, I just had a match where maybe the entire team was using exploits.
I only saw two that I am very sure was using it, but the match was insane 19-0.
Sure you can be in matches against very good players and lose in those numbers, but it looked alot like lag switching to me.
Not normal lag where you get shoot around corners but through walls and two of them teleporting so I would atleast want to report this

edit: Of course the stupid share function didn't record the match, but at least I have the names.
Its reported, not gonna let some jerks ruin the best mp in years

I just played the new maps for the first time. I like both of them. The Beach seems to have a lot of good sightlines while still offering plenty of winding paths and cover. District seemed to heavily gravitate towards one side of the map.

Variable Rifle is underwhelming. Going into ADS then having to also zoom is bittersweet since you have options but I feel like the reaction time is slower because of that.

Scoped Semi-Auto is pretty good but I run out of ammo FAST. It doesn't help that the premade class is awful for my playstyle. Purchasable weapon is a waste of loudout points for me.

Didn't try the other two scoped weapons. I'll mostly be sticking with Hunting Rifle.

jeffc919

Anyone seen this? In a couple of matches tonight, occassionally one of my teammates would just be sort of gliding in the air. Eventually he would "land" and then he'd move normally. Played a lot of hours of the MP and this was the first I've seen it. I'd guess it's some sort of lag/latency issue.

I figured the match would fall apart and I'd be booted but it held up to the end both times.

Cotrip

Whoa, awesome video whoaduh! The music made me lol. x)

Btw, my first post here, I will add my PSN ID to the google doc later (anyone feel free to add me). Right now I'm sticking with: Shorty + Full Auto Rifle, Covert 2, Fortitude 1, Explosion Expert 1 and Reviver 3.

BankyConan

Neo Member
Can't see google docs at work, but anybody is free to add me. Only have a few friends who play this MP, but it's definitely my favorite. Played on the PS3 and have completed both weeks on PS4. I'm pretty good, and a team player ( not an all-star though).

PSN: Same as GAF name

Yeah so I think I'm done with this game. Just isn't fun for me anymore. There's just so much BS to deal with now. Teams with endless supplies of Molotov's, lag and lag switchers, bullets not registering, snipers using that auto aim exploit. I would brush it off if it was just every once in a while, but this stuff is happening way too frequently.

Oh and let's not forget strategist. Probably one of the worst perks ND has ever put into an MP game. Much worse than Situational Awareness in UC2. At least there was a counter for that stupid fucking booster, and Strategist 3 let's other players spawn on you. So if you feel like you're always surrounded with no time to breath, that's probably why. Also, the Awareness perk allows you to see enemy name tags form behind cover, and at a good distant too. Also no counter. Oh, well it was good while it lasted.

Ugh, I'll probably be playing this again, won't I? ;_;

Gray Matter

Yeah so I think I'm done with this game. Just isn't fun for me anymore. There's just so much BS to deal with now. Teams with endless supplies of Molotov's, lag and lag switchers, bullets not registering, snipers using that auto aim exploit. I would brush it off if it was just every once in a while, but this stuff is happening way too frequently.

Oh and let's not forget strategist. Probably one of the worst perks ND has ever put into an MP game. Much worse than Situational Awareness in UC2. At least there was a counter for that stupid fucking booster, and Strategist 3 let's other players spawn on you. So if you feel like you're always surrounded with no time to breath, that's probably why. Also, the Awareness perk allows you to see enemy name tags form behind cover, and at a good distant too. Also no counter. Oh, well it was good while it lasted.

Farewell my friend, it's been a pleasure.

wowlace

We all have bad days buddy. It was good playing with ya.

You'll be back.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Som! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!

Jinjo

You just gave me a new class idea lol. Strategist + Awareness + Sharp Ears haha.

What autoaim exploit?

Dragshots

moving

Neo Member
Seems very useful if you attach the Bomb Radius perk.

Ammo is super expensive, but it seems that you can do some devastating damage if you know the arch. I think of this weapon more of a sidearm/secondary that would come in great use when enemies are behind cover. I mean, that's what makes the gun so unique.

Explosion Expert and Damage Marker make it amazing for flushing enemies out, makes bombs a lot more useful too. Cover is as good as useless if you get the arc right. If you can get enough parts coming in and you're on the right map it works amazingly as a primary weapon.

Real tired of playing with randoms who just sprint everywhere.

Wanna play with some Gaffers. PSNID same as GAF name.

I'll add you tonight (my PSNID is Blackiemoo). My mic use is hit and miss (mostly play when my daughter is asleep) but I like to think I'm not too bad at this MP. Can't stand the sprinters either.

Anyone else who wants to add me feel free as well - I currently have about 1 PSN friend who plays this.

Cotrip

God, I hate those ks people, wished there were friendly fire, so I could kill those bastards. Yesterday I saved a guy by downing an enemy and reviving him. After that he sprints and execute the enemy in front of me.

Ah...the rage...

My biggest complaint of my many multiplayer experiences are teammates who don't know how to play defense in interrogation mode. We had already open the enemies' lockbox 2/3 the way there. Only about 2 min left in the match and all 3 teammates go running to the opposing lockbox leaving me by myself to defend ours. Of course I get swarmed by 3 enemies and the worst part of it is my teammates couldn't finish the job getting stalled by 1 enemy.

I'd highly advise that if you are already winning a match at least have 2 people on defense, or you can even just lame it out and have everyone on defense (interrogation is not how it used to be where you have to open the lockbox completely or else it ends in a tie). And if you are one of those people who leaves only 1 person to defend a lockbox during clutch moments, at least have 1 of the 3 guys who are all going for the opponent's lockbox act as an aggressive decoy so you can expose the opponent's location if you can't already figure it out.

Being left alone sure can be nerve-wracking but having it done to me so many times ended up turning me into a defensive juggernaut, so there's a positive.

God, I hate those ks people, wished there were friendly fire, so I could kill those bastards. Yesterday I saved a guy by downing an enemy and reviving him. After that he sprints and execute the enemy in front of me.

Ah...the rage...

For me they usually end up getting shot down trying to rush an execution. Puts a smirk on my face.

My biggest complaint of my many multiplayer experiences are teammates who don't know how to play defense in interrogation mode.

Oh I hear you man. I've had matches where our lockbox is exposed and the other team's isn't and the randoms on my team will be on the opposite end of the map instead of defending. It's ridiculous. Even if they want kills they should know the enemy will rush our lockbox.

Could someone explain the glitches a bit more. I know the wall one, intimately, it seems, but lag glitching and the headshot one I don't understand exactly how those work.

I am going to play around 5 eastern for an hour or so tonight, so I'll add a few of you guys. I'll be sure to mention gaf in the request. Also, if anyone send me a friend request and I haven't responded if you didn't mention you were from gaf that's why. I try not to friend outsiders.

Oh I hear you man. I've had matches where our lockbox is exposed and the other team's isn't and the randoms on my team will be on the opposite end of the map instead of defending. It's ridiculous. Even if they want kills they should know the enemy will rush our lockbox.

Haha yeah it happens too many times, hopefully they will learn after several losses.

Bout to hop online for a bit if anyone wants to play. psn: kanyeswagyolo

That psn name sounds familiar lol.

Top Bottom