• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Also annoying is coming in to someone's rescue after they get downed, reviving them and then they go straight for the special execution with no health :/

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Too bad there's no way to find out how many wins you have.

Oh, and I steal almost every execution I can find.

I try not to steal. If someone is going to get behind cover, I'll take him out to make sure they don't get revived. A lot of the times I'll end up executing someone accidentally while another person was also shooting at them.

Can someone explain the ethics or otherwise of execution stealing. I'd like to do it right, but it isn't totally clear to me.

people often get killed by trying for the special execution because it is rarely safe, or the guy crawls behind cover and gets healed. But if you have a clear finishing shot, you can get accused of kill stealing because the K/D ratio is all about the executions, not the downs.
In no party games it doesn't seem to matter that much, it is about winning the match and an execution is always 5% towards that goal, but in party games people seem to get precious on the chat channel.

When I play with buddies, a few of them GAFers, we always confirm the kill. I don't care if I got the down, I don't care if I didn't. Whoever can get the kill, gets the kill.

In some situations though, when its not hectic and there are no threats it is considered unsportsmanlike to grab a kill that you didn't down.

Either way though, when you down you get 100 points. When you execute you get 50. And when you assist (aka you downed the guy but someone else killed him) you get 50. So as far as points go you don't lose anything.

3DShovel

Fuck, if you care about k/d in this game you are doing it wrong. It's all about them Ws, I don't care how we get them.

Well, here's the thing:

Typically you win games by killing more and dying less.

So technically, not caring about k/d is the same thing as not caring about winning.

Well, here's the thing:

So technically, not caring about k/d is the same thing as not caring about winning.

K/D determines who is on your team and who you face in matchmaking. Also I like to see myself getting around 3'ish, as a personal goal, so its nice to have 14 down games with 10 or so executions.

Or...you know...you could get better at the game and get your own damn kills, and stop leeching off of other people's efforts.

Na, better just troll people and suck at the game. It's easier that way.

Anyways, I've noticed that I'm being teamed up with extremely low level team members almost 80% of the time, to the point where everyone on my team is week five or less and I'm facing opponents who are mid 20's.

Is the matchmaking broken or something?

A lot of the times I'll end up executing someone accidentally while another person was also shooting at them.

Yeah, I am real apologetic to my teammates when that happens. And I don't normally care about executions unless it is safe, or unless I am having a bad game and then it's cathartic.

Well, to be fair, some 0 weekers may have really good k/d ratios at first. And some of them are truly amazing players.

Anyway, about the exploits, are there any known in the game? I swear I was playing against a headshot machine; I mean he's up from cover to headshot me before I can fire. Also, the wall glitch seems to be getting worse.

Yeah, I am real apologetic to my teammates when that happens. And I don't normally care about executions unless it is safe, or unless I am having a bad game and then it's cathartic.

Well, to be fair, some 0 weekers may have really good k/d ratios at first. And some of them are truly amazing players.

Anyway, about the exploits, are there any known in the game? I swear I was playing against a headshot machine; I mean he's up from cover to headshot me before I can fire. Also, the wall glitch seems to be getting worse.

Well... The ones I've been playing with are not what I would call amazing.

Superflat

It's all circumstantial to me. If there's a friendly down and a enemy down, and the enemy is potentially limping towards a teammate that will revive him/her, I'll take the kill shot before reviving my teammate, regardless of whether or my teammate downed him/her.

If someone downed an enemy in isolation, it's theirs to kill unless they just leave it behind.

In the end, I never care about K/D ratio or others', I just want to make sure we kill everyone on the opposing team.

Na, better just troll people and suck at the game. It's easier that way.

Anyways, I've noticed that I'm being teamed up with extremely low level team members almost 80% of the time, to the point where everyone on my team is week five or less and I'm facing opponents who are mid 20's.

Happens to me all the time.

The upside is that my teammates tend to suck, so I sweep most of the kills, so even if we lose I get enough parts to get by.

If there's a friendly down and a enemy down, and the enemy is potentially limping towards a teammate that will revive him/her, I'll take the kill shot before reviving my teammate.

But then you'd be exposing yourself and your teammate to enemies nearby when healing your teammate, as they wouldn't be busy healing theirs.
I always go for the revive in that situation.

wowlace

Well, here's the thing:

Yeah sure, but I don't care if my team mate kills my down. I just want to win. I don't care about parts, clan or k/d.

Superflat

Well, here's the thing:

Depends if we're talking about the collective K/D as a team or personal K/D.

I imagine those who care deeply about personal K/D getting angry even if they rolled the other team.

whoaduh

It's all circumstantial to me. If there's a friendly down and a enemy down, and the enemy is potentially limping towards a teammate that will revive him/her, I'll take the kill shot before reviving my teammate, regardless of whether or my teammate downed him/her.

I'm with you on that, all too often I see someone go for the revive first, get downed, and the enemy get revived.

btw, this is my first post so I had to make it in this thread. I play multiplayer under the name ThatShiv and would love for some new people to play with. I have a 2.4 kd if you care about that kinda thing. I don't steal, (except in the situation quoted, haha) and I mostly just play supply raid. Now let's get these sons of bitches.

Jesus, I can't stand the stupidity of some of these people. One guy just saw two people get sniped in a narrow corridor. What does he do? Fucking sprints in and get a his head blown off.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I played this again after not playing it for weeks, thinking that maybe matchmaking wouldn't take ages with these latest patches/live updates and guess what? It still takes ages for me. Whether I'm in the no party playlist or party up; it still takes forever.

So just a few hours ago, my old crew asked if I wanted to play with them on the PS3 version, since the new maps came out. Haven't played with them in a while since they don't have PS4s, so I figured what the hell, I poured days into the game, going back will be a step backwards, but it can't be that bad, right?

Oh god was I wrong. The second the actual game loaded and the camera does that swoop thing at the start of every match? The FPS made my head hurt. Then I pushed up on the stick to move. It got even worse. So that entire first game I felt nauseous. It was the most surreal thing. I know some gaffer here was the one who influenced ND to include a locked 30 FPS option claiming it made them nauseous. When I first read that, I thought that it was an overstatement. It's not. 4 hours later I still feel like shit. I don't even know if I want to play the remastered right now, in fear of feeling even worse.

I eventually got use to it but that feeling never really went away. I kept aiming down the sights instead of running and vice versa. Also shoulder swapping took me 3x longer than it should have. One thing I noticed, as others have mentioned recently, is that there's somewhat of a deadzone on the PS4 version of the game compared to the original on PS3. It was difficult trying to line up shots after trying to mentally reroute the shoulder buttons, the aim sensitivity, AND the FPS. With all that said, it's still fun on the PS3. It's still the great game we all know and love.

Also, DS4 > DS3. But you already knew that.

But then you'd be exposing yourself and your teammate to enemies nearby when healing your teammate, as they wouldn't be busy healing theirs.
I always go for the revive in that situation.
Again its all situational. I always run reviver 1. If the enemy is crawling for cover I'll confirm the kill before they can get behind cover. I then have a few seconds to revive. If the enemy charges I'll see it on the mini map. I'll pull out my revolver and get the edge on them. Now if you down an enemy and your teammate is also down bothnin close proxity with no real chance of escaping, I always revive before executing.

andycapps

If you blatantly steal my kills I don't revive you again. Then I do these silly jumps to piss off.

Eh, there are certain games where you end up rolling over the other team, and in those cases I've found that the 4 of us are typically all shooting at the same guy, it's hard to tell who gets the kill. But yeah, I hear you that it's dumb to steal someone's kill.

I don't mind someone stealing my execution because it's dumb to do a special execution anyway. We both get points when I kill them and someone else executes them.

Business

Eh, there are certain games where you end up rolling over the other team, and in those cases I've found that the 4 of us are typically all shooting at the same guy, it's hard to tell who gets the kill. But yeah, I hear you that it's dumb to steal someone's kill.

I don't mind someone stealing my execution because it's dumb to do a special execution anyway. We both get points when I kill them and someone else executes them.

That's why I said blatantly. I understand sometimes there's more than one person firing, that sometimes in the middle of the mayhem you shoot at everything and you don't want to give the rival team the chance of a revive, I even understand if the guy was locking the enemy for me to flank, he did something for that kill. But you know which ones I mean.

If you blatantly steal my kills I don't revive you again. Then I do these silly jumps to piss off.

Yup. I often down and enemy, revive a guy nearby who got downed during the gunfight, and have that guy run right for the downed enemy as soon as he/she gets up and take the kill from me. If that happens I'll make a point not to help that player again.

quickwhips

You guys sound great to play with I need more people like that. :) I don't think kill stealing is cool I mean if you have enough ammo to kill a guy that you didn't help down you don't need the extra ammo.

Top Bottom