• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

So I've realized that interrogation with randoms is a crapshoot. Supply Raid and Survivors isn't too bad because theres less tactics. Most randoms don't know how to play Interrogation though.

Superflat

So I've realized that interrogation with randoms is a crapshoot. Supply Raid and Survivors isn't too bad because theres less tactics. Most randoms don't know how to play Interrogation though.

Yup. When molotovs are being thrown around in the first 5 minutes, I instantly know that they have no idea what they're doing lol

What's up with the team balancing in no party lobbies? 9/10 times I'm placed on a low level team while the other team is decked with 20s. Really fucking annoying.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
What's up with the team balancing in no party lobbies? 9/10 times I'm placed on a low level team while the other team is decked with 20s. Really fucking annoying.

Players are rated based on their combined leaderboard KDR values from Supply Raid and Survivors.Teams are balanced such that the sums of each team's player ratings are as close as possible. This also applies to parties, however when parties are involved the assignments of players are more limited so the team balance may not be as close.

Strider

Yup. When molotovs are being thrown around in the first 5 minutes, I instantly know that they have no idea what they're doing lol

meh. I've done this in interrogation. Keep in mind a lot of people arent actually trying to win in interrogation... They are just playing it for the longer match times to get the supplies they need.

God, I hate those ks people, wished there were friendly fire, so I could kill those bastards. Yesterday I saved a guy by downing an enemy and reviving him. After that he sprints and execute the enemy in front of me.

Ah...the rage...

Hm, hope it wasn't me... Last night on Checkpoint I sprinted a good 30 meters to "steal" someone's interrogation, but only because he was crawling off behind some shelves and I didn't see anyone nearby to get him. Don't recall if I did it after a revive, but after my next spawn one of my teammates spent about 30 seconds just following me and taking swings at me.

Could someone explain the glitches a bit more. I know the wall one, intimately, it seems, but lag glitching and the headshot one I don't understand exactly how those work.

There was a guy on my team the other day that spent the whole round blinking back and forth about a foot or two (like 10-20 blinks/sec) Curious what was up with that; only time I've seen it.

Superflat

meh. I've done this in interrogation. Keep in mind a lot of people arent actually trying to win in interrogation... They are just playing it for the longer match times to get the supplies they need.

But then they're not playing interrogation, which effectively makes them no more useful than those who really don't know how to play lol

I guess they're free to do it, but Survivor is generally the best mode for supplies from my experience.

I swear I just had the weirdest and glitchiest round ever. People were throwing molotovs at me and the wouldn't explode for like 30 seconds, I was shiving people who were down, etc

Edit: and I just got put in a game where everyone was frozen in time but me.

Superflat

I swear I just had the weirdest and glitchiest round ever. People were throwing molotovs at me and the wouldn't explode for like 30 seconds, I was shiving people who were down, etc

Edit: and I just got put in a game where everyone was frozen in time but me.

I've had a glitch several times where molotovs would land but I wouldn't be able to see the flames; just the embers as if the fire already went out, though it would still burn me if i ran over them :T

Another one related to molotovs are the victims floating a foot or two off the ground while burning. Those are hilarious because it looks like some sort of divine punishment.

rbanke

Ever since the new maps were added I have had nothing but shit games. I can't remember the last time I played a match that I didn't feel screwed in some way. Tonight alone I meleed someone with an upgraded 2x4 and they went down, then immediately were back up and shot me in the face. Nailed a guy directly with a Molotov who continued on towards me and killed me with an enforcer. Was behind someone and went to shiv them (the prompt was there too) and during the animation he turns around and kills me. Along with getting shot around corners and countless other seemingly lag related bs, I've pretty well had it with this game. I'm 6 weeks from platinum and I think that will be the end of the road for me. I was really enjoying it for quite a while but it's been such shit lately that I'm fairly well put off of it.

Superflat

I had a couple bucks left over in my PSN wallet so I decided to try out the scoped semi-auto. Man, I play way worse with this thing lol

So, I've played around 10 hours and have got all of the MP DLC trophies other than one.. I have not played Hometown once!:(

Does anyone know what mode it tends to appear in most frequently? I haven't even seen it in a vote - I mainly play Survivors though.

Business

So, I've played around 10 hours and have got all of the MP DLC trophies other than one.. I have not played Hometown once!:(

Does anyone know what mode it tends to appear in most frequently? I haven't even seen it in a vote - I mainly play Survivors though.

I think it's just random. You can set up a private match if you want to see it :)

I think it's just random. You can set up a private match if you want to see it :)

Thanks:) I guess I'll have to wait it out then - I seem to have played everything else other than Beach (which was only added long after I started) mulltiple times!

I would do a private match, but I actually want to play on it;(

WITHE1982

Had a bunch of amazing matches last night with 2 guys on mic who were courteous, helpful and very good players. It made such a change from the usual boorish randoms I get lumped with.

We wiped the floor with 3 teams by using distraction tactics 2 & 2. Whereby 2 guys distract the team with covering fire and running about while the other 2 flank and get behind. then we'd reign fire on their asses.

I was surprised how many times that tactic worked for us. It even prompted one team to call us a bunch of faggots for always sneaking behind them. One guy was quite enraged, screaming "You guys think you're good?! All you can do is sneak behind people. F*ckin' faggots".

Sufficed to say we laughed our asses off at him. I really do love this MP.

andycapps

Ever since the new maps were added I have had nothing but shit games. I can't remember the last time I played a match that I didn't feel screwed in some way. Tonight alone I meleed someone with an upgraded 2x4 and they went down, then immediately were back up and shot me in the face. Nailed a guy directly with a Molotov who continued on towards me and killed me with an enforcer. Was behind someone and went to shiv them (the prompt was there too) and during the animation he turns around and kills me. Along with getting shot around corners and countless other seemingly lag related bs, I've pretty well had it with this game. I'm 6 weeks from platinum and I think that will be the end of the road for me. I was really enjoying it for quite a while but it's been such shit lately that I'm fairly well put off of it.

I've had the opposite experience. Since the maps and the latest patch, matchmaking times are much better and the online code has been much better. I've noticed less instances of teammates quitting and the game failing to replace them.

Cotrip

Hm, hope it wasn't me... Last night on Checkpoint I sprinted a good 30 meters to "steal" someone's interrogation, but only because he was crawling off behind some shelves and I didn't see anyone nearby to get him. Don't recall if I did it after a revive, but after my next spawn one of my teammates spent about 30 seconds just following me and taking swings at me.

It wasn't. If I remember correctly it was a Survivor match at University. Anyway, I don't mind people "ks" when the situation demands, but in my case, there was no threat and still the other guy stole my kill.

Yeah, it's quite rare seeing Hometown on Remastered. I played twice on it (with 11 weeks in-game), via supply raid.

AKyemeni

ND just fucked up the bow by taking away its corner shooting ability.

The one advantage the bow has over the other guns and they take it away to please a couple of whiners.

Fucking bullshit.

Gumbie

I haven't played a MP game since Gears 1 that makes me rage like this one. I usually play with a friend and we constantly get paired up with HERPA DURPA randoms who go running straight into enemy fire. Meanwhile the teams we're playing against are highly coordinated and using fucking mlg pro strategy. It really makes me not want to play unless I have a full party on.

Gumbie

The one advantage the bow has over the other guns and they take it away to please a couple of whiners.

Fucking bullshit.

Oh darn...I really hate that...

giphy.gif

Fucking bullshit.
Finally, they listened to NeoGAF!

ps: Did they nerf it on both consoles?

AKyemeni

Ah. The corner shooting never bothered me, or anything about the bow for that matter. People constantly complained and it wasn't even OP.
Same thing happened to the shiv dance. It was never OP, but people complained about it because it was annoying them.

Thus, it was nerfed

jeffc919

Åesop;128364323 said:
Players are rated based on their combined leaderboard KDR values from Supply Raid and Survivors.Teams are balanced such that the sums of each team's player ratings are as close as possible. This also applies to parties, however when parties are involved the assignments of players are more limited so the team balance may not be as close.

This is probably my only major complaint about the game. Granted, I'm biased because it's punishing me, but I think it's a really terrible way to try to balance the teams. If you take me for example...I have a high-ish KDR, but I'm rarely the points leader on my team. I'm actually probably last as often as I'm first, even though I'll usually have the best KDR. I play fairly defensively and try to minimize deaths above all else. A really good game for me might be 8-10 executions. More often, I'm in the 5-6 range. To get to my point, someone going 12-8 is more valuable to their team than someone going 4-2. If they really want to balance teams by execution efficiency, they should calculate average net kills (i.e. avg. # of executions - avg. # of deaths). Even win % would be a better way to do it.

All that said, I wish they would just randomize the teams in the no-parties lobbies and be done with it. I get that more balanced matches are more fun for everyone, but punishing players for getting better at the game by constantly putting them on the weaker team hardly seems fair. If you leave it to chance, some games will be well balanced and some won't be, but at least nobody is getting screwed a majority of the time.

/rant

NeoGiff

Hey guys, I'm only getting back into the multiplayer after a lengthy hiatus (on PS3).

I'm wondering... where the hell are the two new maps? Are they in the normal rotation, DLC 1, or DLC 2? I can't find them anywhere (and yes, they're downloaded and installed).

jeffc919

Hey guys, I'm only getting back into the multiplayer after a lengthy hiatus (on PS3).

I'm wondering... where the hell are the two new maps? Are they in the normal rotation, DLC 1, or DLC 2? I can't find them anywhere (and yes, they're downloaded and installed).

Sorry, I can't read. You said PS3.

They're in normal rotation. I play in "no-parties", and they show up there. I imagine you'd have better luck doing that since there are no other dlc maps in that lobby.

Top Bottom