• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

NeoGiff

They're in normal rotation. I play in "no-parties", and they show up there. I imagine you'd have better luck doing that since there are no other dlc maps in that lobby.

Thanks. Still strange though, I played 3 matches in a row yesterday in the normal rotation and they didn't show up once.

Can you not melee hit someone with the plank through an open window? If so, WTF. Also, how come when I am crouched under a window or behind a partition and I throw a molotov, when the arc is clear, does the molotov break on the sill or sidewall and kill me? Right after that happened I got my first rage message from a teammate. lol

BankyConan

Neo Member
Can you not melee hit someone with the plank through an open window? If so, WTF. Also, how come when I am crouched under a window or behind a partition and I throw a molotov, when the arc is clear, does the molotov break on the sill or sidewall and kill me? Right after that happened I got my first rage message from a teammate. lol

Nope - can't punch/hit through windows. The molly hitting the wall happens to me all the time. Just get used to not throwing it when really close to a window.

This is probably my only major complaint about the game. Granted, I'm biased because it's punishing me, but I think it's a really terrible way to try to balance the teams. If you take me for example...I have a high-ish KDR, but I'm rarely the points leader on my team. I'm actually probably last as often as I'm first, even though I'll usually have the best KDR. I play fairly defensively and try to minimize deaths above all else. A really good game for me might be 8-10 executions. More often, I'm in the 5-6 range.

i play the same way...the games where both teams run and gun KILL my parts/supply totals because i'm crawling around, grabbing resources and some dude is gunning down the other team or vice versa

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Matchmaking is hilarious on this game. It's as if they deliberately try to make the matches lopsided.

Just my last match, there was a player at week 90, another at 74, me at 52, two 20s, one 4, and two 0s. The 90 and 74 were paired up together. Ok, maybe I just have a better K/D ratio then both of them. But enough to pair me with the two 0s and the 4? I don't think so. Two 0s should never be paired together.

At one point during the match our supply raid stock number looked like a countdown clock. We were dropping like flies, I just couldn't help but laugh. Needless to say, we lost.

Just my last match, there was a player at week 90, another at 74, me at 52, two 20s, one 4, and two 0s. The 90 and 74 were paired up together. Ok, maybe I just have a better K/D ratio then both of them. But enough to pair me with the two 0s and the 4? I don't think so. Two 0s should never be paired together.

Yeah the matchmaking seems flawed - You could get 0s who had one really good (or lucky) game and have a K/D ratio of 5, when really they should still be paired with better/higher level players.

I can see why they do it the way they do, since there may be players who have made it through 60 weeks but still have a 0.5 K/D ratio (and therefore need to be teamed up with better players), but there must be a better way to go about it.

Hmm, I actually disagree. I'd much rather have you on my team than the 12-8 guy. Given more time and opportunity you'd just go 8-4.

Actually, someone going 12-8 would be much preferred. Ratio-wise, they're doing worse, but being capable of 12 downs in a single match (assuming we aren't talking Interrogation) implies they have a very strong offensive game. Meanwhile, 4-2 could imply many things. It could imply good standoff skills when they're paired with someone capable of 12 downs. It could imply they play a support role and will rarely engage if they aren't sure of their odds. It could also mean they have no combat sense and aren't there when their team needs them, having only killed a few strays by hiding away in a corner.

Quality-wise, they just vary a lot more.

i just left a game for the first time because the terribly balanced matchmaking. it was me (18) with a 30+, a 0, and a 1 vs. a 6 and 3(!!!) 40+ers.

whenever i get stuck with a couple of newbs and one random veteran, the dude is always the go-off-on-your own and do nothing to help the team type

Gray Matter

I'm getting really tired of people leaving the game early. I always play with friends from GAF and I can say that we are good. But man are too good that we are turning away these people?

Take the loss and just play, geez.

whoaduh

I'm getting really tired of people leaving the game early. I always play with friends from GAF and I can say that we are good. But man are too good that we are turning away these people?

Yeah, it would be nice if there was a stronger penalty for leaving games.

I've seen a lot of rage quits (at least that's what they appear to be) in supply raid after a standoff between teams when the whole other team gets killed. Sure, you didn't do well that time but you've got 16 lives left to turn it around...people have no patience or willingness to challenge themselves.

Mentok

Banned
I'm getting more and more tired of playing with randoms that just run off doing their own thing without reviving. What kid of strategy is that for a game with limited lives?? So stupid.

ND just fucked up the bow by taking away its corner shooting ability.

The one advantage the bow has over the other guns and they take it away to please a couple of whiners.

Fucking bullshit.

Because I want ammo and parts.

I also like to piss people off.

iG6BTxNnF59Lu.gif

u mad bro?

Thanks. Still strange though, I played 3 matches in a row yesterday in the normal rotation and they didn't show up once.

You'll have to play more than 3 matches - there are a lot of maps now. Personally I've only played Bill's Town once since I started playing TLOU:R's MP on release day, and only seen Downtown come up once (and naturally it didn't get selected). And I'm 14 weeks in.

Jinjo

Åesop;128364323 said:
Players are rated based on their combined leaderboard KDR values from Supply Raid and Survivors.Teams are balanced such that the sums of each team's player ratings are as close as possible. This also applies to parties, however when parties are involved the assignments of players are more limited so the team balance may not be as close.

Ok, so that's why I'm always the one that needs to do all the work lately in supply raid. Shit has been so unbalanced lately. I haven't ended a match with less than 10 executions and atleast a 2.5 KD. My teammates do nothing and the opposing team is just average. So what's happening now is that a 2.5 KD player is put with 3 0.5 KD players against all 1.0 KD players for example (so both teams have a sum of 4.0), is that correct? Cause that might explain the completely one-sided matches I've been having (in my favour). I feel the team balancing was better before the patch either way, matches were atleast closer.

Darknight

Dont you guys find it hard to accumulate parts when all your team mates are good players? Makes the match go too fast and not alot of time to get parts for your clan. Sometimes I feel 20 lives is too little and would need like 10+ per team to make it last a bit longer.

I wish the team who won also would get like a 1.5x multiplier for parts for your clan. I think Uncharted 3 did this so not sure why it wasnt kept. It would alleviate some quitters due to worrying about the clan stuff. I have quit 2 times and thats because the game forces me into an ongoing game where I know I wont get enough parts/ time to complete the mission. Cant wait till I get all MP trophies so I can be a sniper/bow bitch.

I think I am done playing with randoms, which means I am close to being done with the MP (all my friends are shifting to Destiny, blah) as I am tired of just getting destroyed by my non-strategic team tactics; i.e., run get killed, and leave me as the last survivor.

Dont you guys find it hard to accumulate parts when all your team mates are good players? Makes the match go too fast and not alot of time to get parts for your clan. Sometimes I feel 20 lives is too little and would need like 10+ per team to make it last a bit longer.

I wish the team who won also would get like a 1.5x multiplier for parts for your clan. I think Uncharted 3 did this so not sure why it wasnt kept. It would alleviate some quitters due to worrying about the clan stuff. I have quit 2 times and thats because the game forces me into an ongoing game where I know I wont get enough parts/ time to complete the mission. Cant wait till I get all MP trophies so I can be a sniper/bow bitch.

If you're playing with a good team and this is a problem, try Interrogation. As long as you drag out the timer, you'll end up with a lot of points.

Survivors is the worst when your team kicks ass. You only need to kill the opponents 16 times to end survivors.

Supply raid requires 24 kills.

Interrogation is unlimited. Kills and downs give your less points, but its worth it.

whoaduh

Whenever I play pure medic, reviver 3 and first aid 3, I'm always at the top of the leader board. I regularly break 5,000 parts and even into 6,000 parts. I would suggest that for supply raid. For survivors I suggest crafter 3 and craft only small items, shivs, smoke bombs and med kits.

Heres a pretty funny line, I outscore my good teammates with 0 downs and 0 kills.

ibxYcc5fsRopat.jpg

you need to play survivor. sounds like your style isn't suited well for raid

Whenever I play pure medic, reviver 3 and first aid 3, I'm always at the top of the leader board. I regularly break 5,000 parts and even into 6,000 parts. I would suggest that for supply raid. For survivors I suggest crafter 3 and craft only small items, shivs, smoke bombs and med kits.

Heres a pretty funny line, I outscore my good teammates with 0 downs and 0 kills.

ibxYcc5fsRopat.jpg

Okay, this is great.
SjLHeCB.gif

Alright guys, last weekend with TLoU MP until all
most
of you jump onto destiny, leaving me in the dust :,(

Yeeaaaah, I already sold this game back a week ago. Had a lot of fun with it, but Destiny. Destiny. Wrecking fools in PvP with GAF'ers in the beta was too good.

Agility 2 has ruined me. Vanilla movement feels terrible now.

Same here. At one point I thought it was bugged or something, and that I wasn't moving as fast as I normally do with Agility 2 enabled, so I disabled it to compare to default speed and NOPE...default speed is soooo slow.

Never will I complain that Agility 2 isn't fast enough again.

I've been searching this thread for the past 30 minutes or so and I cannot find the video of the gaffer using the Grenade Launcher to phenomenal effect. Can anyone repost?

Top Bottom