• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

zkorejo

Tlou mp and psn in general has been busted and buggy as f**# the past week. This is quite cruddy that peeps can't even access the mp because of 2 maps.

Yea.. Sony really needs to fix this issue.

It was hard enough without any new games to play.. now I cant even play one game I wanted to and already own... :/

despite the fact that every time I've tried to melee someone while being shot, the swing animation gets interrupted and I end up dying.

I think if the other player has a full-auto the swing gets interrupted. But yes, the game is buggier now... So much pop-in for the new maps. Or maybe it is my connection.

That wall shit needs to be fixed, though, like yesterday. Matchmaking is still slow, too.

I think if the other player has a full-auto the swing gets interrupted. But yes, the game is buggier now... So much pop-in for the new maps. Or maybe it is my connection.

That wall shit needs to be fixed, though, like yesterday. Matchmaking is still slow, too.

I also noticed that the framerate on Beach was a little janky. Definitely not as solid as the other maps are.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If you are going to put so much emphasis on this meta game, don't penalize me when you throw me into an integration match that already has my box being opened by a team that has only been interrogated once.

Edit: if you aren't playing with a team of friends then MP goes from being something really great to a fun yet extremely frustrating experience. Every single match I play now has players dashboarding out, even if we are winning, so that they won't lose survivors on the meta game. Therefore most matches end up having loop-sided teams and therefore loop-sided matches.

Business

Good games guys, we struggled a bit with the new maps and survivors but overall we did pretty decent. Next time I hope I can join the party chat, thanks.

HiiiLife

I'm not sure if it's the netcode but idk why I'm getting swung on by guys who clearly more than 5 ft away. He punches me I sprint away, knowing good and well I'm a good distance yet his animation still catches. Feels like I'm fighting fuckin' Mr. Fantastic.

Beach is good fun, if a bit too large for the amount of players. But there are some interesting hiding places-- I got caught with a shotty rounding corners, etc.

Mentok

Banned

Ok good, it's not just me noticing this! As much as I enjoy the MP, I'm done playing without friends on. I've had way too many terrible experiences without friends playing. I'm also kinda cheesed by the paywall weapons and perks.

Beech is a decent map (a little too big, but alright) whereas I'm not a fan of financial district as everytime I played it most of the firefights happened in the same spot (in the bank).

I'm not sure if it's the netcode but idk why I'm getting swung on by guys who clearly more than 5 ft away. He punches me I sprint away, knowing good and well I'm a good distance yet his animation still catches. Feels like I'm fighting fuckin' Mr. Fantastic.

Yesterday I shot a guy down, heard a "punch" sound but there was no animation and then I went down....it was SO bizarre (no one else was around us lol).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you are going to put so much emphasis on this meta game, don't penalize me when you throw me into an integration match that already has my box being opened by a team that has only been interrogated once.

Edit: if you aren't playing with a team of friends then MP goes from being something really great to a fun yet extremely frustrating experience. Every single match I play now has players dashboarding out, even if we are winning, so that they won't lose survivors on the meta game. Therefore most matches end up having loop-sided teams and therefore loop-sided matches.

It doesn't? I think that day doesn't count, so just treat it as a warm up.

Business

Beach is good fun, if a bit too large for the amount of players. But there are some interesting hiding places-- I got caught with a shotty rounding corners, etc.

I think we weren't compact enough as a group on that survivors match at Beach. It was my first one on that map and my first on survivors so yeah. Anyway we had decent matches on supply raid even if we didn't win enough, definitely better than playing with randoms for me.

Gold Member
Finally finished my second twelve weeks! On the new maps, I'm not really a fan of beach I think it's a bit too big. Financial district was fun though I thought, I like the setup on that one.

Going to take a break from it now, still have to do some single player to get the platinum and then onto the next, can't believe my backlog is already growing and we aren't even a year into this gen, no games to play on PS4 pffff ;)

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I struglled an long time with surviving.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Superflat

Two more "weeks" till I'm done with both MP campaigns.

Once you get both trophies, it'd be nice to choose not to engage with the metagame anymore. I want that option at least :[

Patau, we played a few matches with WTFing and kilgore.

hhaha. Right, you and kilgore are freakin' good. I'll play with you guys anytime. And WTFing, of course.

Two more "weeks" till I'm done with both MP campaigns.

Once you get both trophies, it'd be nice to choose not to engage with the metagame anymore. I want that option at least :[

Or you could just ignore that shit altogether.

Lol this patch has made the matchmaking worse.

It's a fuckin' mess of biblical proportions.

The beach = snipers paradise. I hate it. Financial district is nice though.

Yeah just finished a game there on supply raid. Annoying. Other than that, I really like the new maps. Running into more and more laggy players though. Man what is up with PSN lately? Good thing I always roll in a party or this would be unbearable.

lantus

Mmmm yeah matchmaking seems just about as bad as it was before the patch. It also takes forever for me to load and connect when I choose to start the MP.

Good comeback but damn that other team was shitty. I mean I suck too, but I know not to walk into a corner, keep looking into the corner, stay there, and not aim at anything in particular. And the charger didn't even have a melee weapon. lol

Matchmaking times seem longer for me now since the patch.

Yup, it's an ongoing process.
Of making the game shittier.
Maybe once the game becomes a ghost town after the release of Destiny, they can fix it.

Superflat

My delicious platinum has been got with my final Firefly skirmish. It was such a intense, long round of Interrogation that I didn't even realize it was my platinum-winning session until I was done. Whew.

Now to keep playing MP just cause it's fun :D

Reule

Had a weird freakout earlier today. I'm guessing it's because one of our guys left but I decided to upload it. I ended up invisible to everyone while everyone else ended up appearing invisible and idle at spawn. One of the friends I was playing with said they had trouble damaging the other team.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=863500393714131&l=5797347531667802575

Here is a bunch of stupid videos I made with me sounding incredibly obnoxious.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=863494667048037&l=5128858425929528557
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=856106184453552&l=4608725348646006311
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=856103864453784&l=1451944513103034222

New maps are pretty awesome. Both are pretty solid. I sort of wish the maps were in the patch rather than having to go download them from the store. Heard people are still having issues trying to download them.

Had a weird freakout earlier today. I'm guessing it's because one of our guys left but I decided to upload it. I ended up invisible to everyone while everyone else ended up appearing invisible and idle at spawn. One of the friends I was playing with said they had trouble damaging the other team.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=863500393714131&l=5797347531667802575
This happens in all ND mp games I think. Happened a lot in UC2, and that looks exactly like the rematch glitch in UC2. Basically if you played the same team over and over, you would get the glitch. Don't know if that was ever fixed or not.

Jeramii

Banned
1 spot. First person to add me gets it. Add me: Jeramii

If it's already taken when you add me, I'll invite to future games.

YoodlePro

What matchmaking problems are you experiencing? The only things I encountered where long wait times (which go away by leaving matchmaking and going back in, takes like 1-2 minutes before I get placed in a game) and more than often my team or the enemy team have 3 players rather than 4.

Maybe it's your connection :-??

Neptune

I usually don't play or enjoy competitive online games, and originally I planned to just grind out the multiplayer trophies as quickly as possible for the Platinum trophy, but the multiplayer here is surprisingly enjoyable and addictive. After finishing the Firefly journey yesterday, I'm looking forward to starting the Hunter run later this week. I'm not that great a player but I've found a loadout that works for me and I can tell I've improved since I first started, which is encouraging.

Interrogation is horrid, though.

but I've found a loadout that works for me and I can tell I've improved since I first started, which is encouraging.

This is key. I am slowly improving with my new loadout: 9mm, Variable Rifle, Damage Marker 1, Hawkeye 2, Explosion 1, and Sharp Ears 3. At least if I hit someone they are marked and they glow, which helps my planning; damn, Covert 3 fuckers, tho. Also, I am not the greatest of an aimer yet, so the increased cheap ammo on the Variable helps a bit. I found the Support loadout worked at first while I learned the game, at least you gain parts!

Add me (gaf name is PSN name) if you want to play sometime-- I have a good group of guys who don't mind playing with new players. I am regularly on Fri, Sat, and Sun 11am-2pm Eastern time with some nights, but rarely during the week.

Superflat

I usually don't play or enjoy competitive online games, and originally I planned to just grind out the multiplayer trophies as quickly as possible for the Platinum trophy, but the multiplayer here is surprisingly enjoyable and addictive. After finishing the Firefly journey yesterday, I'm looking forward to starting the Hunter run later this week. I'm not that great a player but I've found a loadout that works for me and I can tell I've improved since I first started, which is encouraging.

I played with randoms for the entirety of both my campaigns and still had tons of fun on Survivor and Supply Raid, but for the most part I stayed away from Interrogation because it had the most potential for fucked sessions, and it's extra infuriating because it's a gameplay mode with much more nuance but a lot of randoms play like they're on Supply Raid.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm gonna start up a party to play for a couple hours or so. Have 2/4 so far. Just friend me (Grinchy).

edit- and filled

Can someone explain the ethics or otherwise of execution stealing. I'd like to do it right, but it isn't totally clear to me.

people often get killed by trying for the special execution because it is rarely safe, or the guy crawls behind cover and gets healed. But if you have a clear finishing shot, you can get accused of kill stealing because the K/D ratio is all about the executions, not the downs.
In no party games it doesn't seem to matter that much, it is about winning the match and an execution is always 5% towards that goal, but in party games people seem to get precious on the chat channel.

Betty

Banned
Can someone explain the ethics or otherwise of execution stealing. I'd like to do it right, but it isn't totally clear to me.

If the guy who downed the opponent is nearby, you leave the kill to them.

If the downed enemy is about to revived or escape to cover and be healed by their teammate you take the kill.

Mentok

Banned

people often get killed by trying for the special execution because it is rarely safe, or the guy crawls behind cover and gets healed. But if you have a clear finishing shot, you can get accused of kill stealing because the K/D ratio is all about the executions, not the downs.
In no party games it doesn't seem to matter that much, it is about winning the match and an execution is always 5% towards that goal, but in party games people seem to get precious on the chat channel.

When I'm with a party, we communicate so it doesn't matter if a partner runs in and grabs the execution (in fact, sometimes I'll even say "I downed him, I'll cover if you want to execute"...like in interrogation) because we're working together. I hate when I'm playing with randoms and a guy hides while watching me in a firefight, then runs in and takes the execution for the sake of wanting the K/D, or doesn't revive me and goes for the execution instead. Outside of those two issues, I couldn't care less if you got the execution when I got the down.

Don't take other peoples downs. Pretty simple. In combat, I'd somebody is going for the heal you should be going for the healer and go for the double anyways

Top Bottom