• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

hesido

Guys, trying to connect to multiplayer, but the game tells me to check my internet connection (I'm connected to PSN without problems.)

Last time this happened there was an update to the game, is it the case now? It wasn't a straight forward process when there was an update, it took quite a while for the game to find any update, and I couldn't manually tell it to..

Sony fix that shit yo.

Guys, trying to connect to multiplayer, but the game tells me to check my internet connection (I'm connected to PSN without problems.)

Last time this happened there was an update to the game, is it the case now? It wasn't a straight forward process when there was an update, it took quite a while for the game to find any update, and I couldn't manually tell it to..

Sony fix that shit yo.

The servers might be taking a hit because of the Destiny launch. Be getting random errors since this morning.

Gray Matter

Okay gonna be streaming for the next hour or so. Come join me in my salty adventures. Probably the last time I'll play until the tournament is finished, oh and dat Destiny, yo.

Edit: GGs to Bamf, Evolved1, Dan, and RoeBear. Had some pretty rough starting matches, but we went "DUKE MODE" on the rest. :D

Gonna be streaming later tonight as well.

I'll play with you tonight.

one last stand before destiny

hesido

The servers might be taking a hit because of the Destiny launch. Be getting random errors since this morning.

Aw... Destiny launch. Darn.

Will everyone be deserting this game for destiny? Isn't there anyone not buying destiny? (I'm not buying that game)

Gray Matter

Will everyone be deserting this game for destiny? Isn't there anyone not buying destiny? (I'm not buying that game)

I keep saying that I'm not buying it, but I'm very very weak so I'll cave in a buy it probably by the end of the month :(

Grinchy

Banned
I'm starting up a "been so fucking busy I couldn't play TLOU lately and I'm going to suck and need partners" party. I'm at 2/4. I haven't checked my buddy list yet but if you want to join just send me an invite (Grinchy).

lantus

I'm not planning on it. I played the alpha and beta of Destiny and felt it was a pretty shallow experience. I'll just stick to TLOU and Diablo for a while.

For me, Destiny feels like a pit stop. TLOU m multiplayer is just so perfect for me. So while I'll be playing a lot of Destiny soon, I'm certain I'll be back to TLOU as long as theres someone to team up with.

HiiiLife

God the spawns times are so stupid. I died before you and you somehow spawn before me still? When I'm carrying the team and you have the most deaths? Wtf bro. We lost.

Gray Matter

To the guys that I just finished playing with... It's been a pleasure. I will see you whenever I decide to buy destiny
ugh lol.

Fady K

Personally, yes. It's a lot more tactical and less shootbangy compared to the TPS-ilk. It also emphasizes the importance of teamwork - something rarely happens in most of these games. Rewards are based off resources you pick out of dead bodies.

The objective is to last a 12 week standoff against your opponents (you can choose either the fireflies or bandits) and each week demands a higher resource requirement than the last. Interesting take of the multiplayer to which I will be glad to put hours in once I get the remastered (and the oh so glorious 60fps). Clearly, the best part of the game exceeding the single-player experience, IMO.

That's good to hear, that it's not a simple shoot to kill, die, repeat scenario. I am already loving the tactical possibilities for every battle in the single player mode. But if the MP mode is as you say I'll have to go it a shot later on :)

You will love the remastered version, it looks insanely good to say the least!!!

It's an amazing multiplayer. It plays like no other mp I've played. It's very methodical and then explodes into action.

Wow, awesome. I may give it a go then. I'm just madly in love with the game (2 hrs in). Just stunning from top to bottom.

rbanke

I'm at 22 weeks and feel like I should be better than I am. I do ok but not great and I feel like I've pigeon holed myself into just playing the same loadout because it's whats worked best for me but I know I'm doing myself a disservice. For quite a long time I've been using shorty, silenced semi-auto, Sharp Ears 3, Covert Training 2, and Explosive Expert or Healer. Sometimes I'll throw crafter 2 in there but thats about it. I notice myself being ultra slow and defensive because I die a ton when I'm not but I feel I'm not pulling my weight being overly cautious. Listen mode feels like a crutch that I end up using constantly and trying to avoid others seeing me which kind of lead to my play style.

Looking for a few loadouts and play style opinions that might help me break out of this.

Moofers

I'm at 22 weeks and feel like I should be better than I am. I do ok but not great and I feel like I've pigeon holed myself into just playing the same loadout because it's whats worked best for me but I know I'm doing myself a disservice. For quite a long time I've been using shorty, silenced semi-auto, Sharp Ears 3, Covert Training 2, and Explosive Expert or Healer. Sometimes I'll throw crafter 2 in there but thats about it. I notice myself being ultra slow and defensive because I die a ton when I'm not but I feel I'm not pulling my weight being overly cautious. Listen mode feels like a crutch that I end up using constantly and trying to avoid others seeing me which kind of lead to my play style.

Looking for a few loadouts and play style opinions that might help me break out of this.

Try using a loadout that has you relying on either a revolver or enforcer for your weapon. Then spend your points on Crafter 3 and Healer 2. Spend the remaining however you like.

Now with this setup, prioritize crafting. Try to get a partner who will make visiting all the supply boxes your priority while you look for the enemy team. This way, you can craft as much as possible and have a gift to give for every 2 items you make. Let the other player be your primary gunner and you play a support role that gifts and heals him while hanging back maybe 10 feet behind him. If you can get your whole team to go with you, then you're even better off.

That's the way I play when I'm worried about parts. Ive found that earning more parts lets me buy more armor and ammo, which makes me a better player. All that starts with crafting and healing, IMO. Good luck!

I did the same thing for awhile. I played only with revolver-only loadouts and used covert training 2, reviver 2 and first aid training 2, with maybe crafter 1 or explosive expert to round it out.

Now I've tried switching things around with different abilities and weapons. I've found I really like the full auto rifle (previously the only large weapon I'd ever used was the silenced semi-auto). I like pairing it with covert training 2 to be able to flank and then unload on people.

Personally I don't like having any loadouts without covert training 2 in them, as I rely on being able to crouch-walk around and flank the other team, or at least move without them knowing where I am/where I'm going.

I still keep reviver 1 or 2 in my loadouts as it helps with the tense situations where reviving a teammate quickly gets you that extra edge over the other team. I personally don't like crafter 3 as I feel it takes up too many loadout points.

My advice: just try out different things and different weapons. You might be surprised by a weapon or ability that suits your play style well. And if you try something for a few matches and get slaughtered, you change it and move on and it's not the end of the world.

Gold Member
Try using a loadout that has you relying on either a revolver or enforcer for your weapon. Then spend your points on Crafter 3 and Healer 2. Spend the remaining however you like.

Now with this setup, prioritize crafting. Try to get a partner who will make visiting all the supply boxes your priority while you look for the enemy team. This way, you can craft as much as possible and have a gift to give for every 2 items you make. Let the other player be your primary gunner and you play a support role that gifts and heals him while hanging back maybe 10 feet behind him. If you can get your whole team to go with you, then you're even better off.

That's the way I play when I'm worried about parts. Ive found that earning more parts lets me buy more armor and ammo, which makes me a better player. All that starts with crafting and healing, IMO. Good luck!
I had a similar custom loadout to this and it worked a treat. Crafter 3, Healer 2, Semi Auto & Revolver. You rack up the parts real easy and with the semi you can be more aggressive.

My favourite though was Crafter 3, Brawler 1, Sharp Ears 1, Silenced Semi & Revolver as you get the benefit of melee + the listen mode is really useful. Quite easy to score at least 4k parts in Survivors with this one. Hmm feeling a bit of withdrawal here actually lol.

Late Flag

I managed to get into a game no problem when I first fired this up this evening, but after that one game I haven't been able to get into another one. Yeah, I know, Destiny, but the matchmaking in this game just takes altogether too long.

rbanke

I did the same thing for awhile. I played only with revolver-only loadouts and used covert training 2, reviver 2 and first aid training 2, with maybe crafter 1 or explosive expert to round it out.

Now I've tried switching things around with different abilities and weapons. I've found I really like the full auto rifle (previously the only large weapon I'd ever used was the silenced semi-auto). I like pairing it with covert training 2 to be able to flank and then unload on people.

Personally I don't like having any loadouts without covert training 2 in them, as I rely on being able to crouch-walk around and flank the other team, or at least move without them knowing where I am/where I'm going.

I still keep reviver 1 or 2 in my loadouts as it helps with the tense situations where reviving a teammate quickly gets you that extra edge over the other team. I personally don't like crafter 3 as I feel it takes up too many loadout points.

My advice: just try out different things and different weapons. You might be surprised by a weapon or ability that suits your play style well. And if you try something for a few matches and get slaughtered, you change it and move on and it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll give them a try. I'd like to get better at being a bit faster and/or aggressive though. Maybe I'll use the full auto a few matches tonight.

Mentok

Banned
I've been using a silenced semi-auto with heal 3 and revive 3. I can't tell you how fast the points rack up for me, just being a team player. The silencer allows you to flank in a firefight (as very few will use listen mode when in one), then you just stick with your teammates.

Edit:
Some maps that have very short LoS, I'll roll with a revolver/shotgun class and just enjoy the carnage (trust me, the shotgun is a lot of fun). You could also look into the shadow pre-made class, I use that class from time to time as well.

Jinjo

Had my best matches in supply raid with the following loadout (with atleast 15 executions each match):

Enforcer
----
Scavenger 3
Brawler 2
Bomb expert 2
Explosion expert 1

Scavenger keeps up the ammo for the enforcer so you can keep firing away, plus it gives the extra supplies to craft melee weapons, bombs, smokes + shivs. Bomb & explosion expert makes those bombs and smokes a lot more useful. Smokes are especially awesome. If you get two people, shiv one first and smack the other one with the upgraded melee. Yes, I'm one of those people lol. You have to be very aggressive with this loadout though, if you're one of those people that prefers sneaking around and is sometimes cautious to advance/rush the enemy this is not for you. The reliance on smokes, shivs and melee means you have to get right in people's faces, sometimes more than one. Thankfully the enforcer is a close-up beast.

Mr YuYu

Hey guys,

Quick question. Are there codes included when you buy the last of us: remasteted new? I tempted to trade my destiny copy for the last of us and i just wanna make sure i don't miss any content.

Thx in advance!

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys,

Quick question. Are there codes included when you buy the last of us: remasteted new? I tempted to trade my destiny copy for the last of us and i just wanna make sure i don't miss any content.

I like the way you're thinking ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You don't need a new copy. Every DLC is already included in Remastered, and that "exclusive" content that you get with the code is useless and you will get it by progressing anyway. You can buy extra hats, weapons and skills for multiplayer through PSN if you want to use them in your own custom loadouts. You can try them out for free in the preset loadouts

Varth

Someone care to summarize the stealth mechanics? I see someone mentioned standing up distrupts stealth totally. I was aware running did, but I thought walking standing didn't, and was "vulnerable" only to Listen mode, whose range is somewhat limited, as confirmed by the beginners tips from the PS blog:

Another aspect of the game to be aware of is when you appear on the enemy’s minimap and when you don’t. The only times you will show up as a red dot to the enemy are the following: You are sprinting, you are firing a gun without a silencer, or you have been spotted by an enemy. You can also be seen to an enemy using Listen Mode if you are moving in any way (unless you have the Covert 2 or 3 skill equipped which makes you invisible to Listen Mode while crouch walking) but it’s not something to worry too much about. Unless you are using Covert 2 or 3, you should mainly move around with the normal standing jog and only switch to crouch walking if an enemy is near or you suspect an enemy is near. Jogging (not sprinting) is a quick and fairly stealthy way to get around a map.

So, what exactly shows on the radar/listen mode? On what range? What perks affect the perception?

Business

Someone care to summarize the stealth mechanics? I see someone mentioned standing up distrupts stealth totally. I was aware running did, but I thought walking standing didn't, and was "vulnerable" only to Listen mode, whose range is somewhat limited, as confirmed by the beginners tips from the PS blog:

So, what exactly shows on the radar/listen mode? On what range? What perks affect the perception?

Walking won't make you show on the radar, only running and shooting with non silenced weapons will.

You'll show on listen mode when moving, that is either walking or crouch walking.

Covert training 2 and 3 hide you from the enemy's listen mode when crouch walking.

If any of this is not accurate please someone correct me.

Varth

Walking won't make you show on the radar, only running and shooting with non silenced weapons will.

You'll show on listen mode when moving, that is either walking or crouch walking.

Covert training 2 and 3 hide you from the enemy's listen mode when crouch walking.

If any of this is not accurate please someone correct me.

Did someone check the range you show up on the radar when shooting/running? Is it map-wide?

hesido

Some are here to stay, but not enough, I guess? I've been waiting for it to find an interrogation match for the last 10 edit: 15 minutes.

My maximum wait was a couple of minutes and that was when people were complaining.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
anyone having problems with matchmaking right now been waiting 15 min and not a single game so far, i doubt we lost all the last of us mp players to destiny lol

hesido

anyone having problems with matchmaking right now been waiting 15 min and not a single game so far, i doubt we lost all the last of us mp players to destiny lol

I've managed to find a match with parties enabled just now, lost the match and lost connection to the player group after the match, still searching in the party enabled mode. (still it seems to be better at finding matches).

We may not have lost all but we might have crossed the treshold of players that TLoU's matchmaking is efficient.

I hate to say it, but the majority of my friends went to Destiny.

Maybe ND should ditch no parties... there's no point waiting 15min to play against Pedro El Uno Baro.

TheStruggler

I hate to say it, but the majority of my friends went to Destiny.

Maybe ND should ditch no parties... there's no point waiting 15min to play against Pedro El Uno Baro.

I wouldnt mind that however i dont have a party to play with, if i play in an "all party" match the chances of me and my teammates being destroyed are extremely high

I wouldnt mind that however i dont have a party to play with, if i play in an "all party" match the chances of me and my teammates being destroyed are extremely high
Well, the current setup favours solo players and parties of 4. There's no middle ground for parties of 2 or 3 players.

rbanke

Took over 20 minutes to get into a game today no parties supply raid, once I actually got into matches they were all either laggy or kicked me out in the middle. Started at week 11 day 2 and 2 hours later am now at week 11 day 4. Funny thing happened while playing, I respawned and instantly was dead on fire almost like the enemy tossed a molotov as I was spawning or on the spot I spawned on.

TheStruggler

Took over 20 minutes to get into a game today no parties supply raid, once I actually got into matches they were all either laggy or kicked me out in the middle. Started at week 11 day 2 and 2 hours later am now at week 11 day 4. Funny thing happened while playing, I respawned and instantly was dead on fire almost like the enemy tossed a molotov as I was spawning or on the spot I spawned on.

ya i got into a game no parties and it was real laggy fro some reason

Top Bottom