• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Gray Matter

You know, playing destiny PvP, I have realized yet again how much I detest the FPS* genre.

It's too fucking fast paced, boring, and it's mostly based on luck and not skill. Which I why factions has been my favorite MP ever.

Gold Member
Just eliminate the Survivors playlist.

It's a terrible game mode anyway.
I couldn't disagree more! I love that there are no respawns between rounds it makes players work as a team more often than not I found. Of course you can trounced when your team doesn't play ball, but I guess that goes for all game modes :)

Mentok

Banned
Lol almost everyone on my friends list is playing Destiny, most of who I met through TLOU multi...guess I'm back to playing solo :(

I refuse to buy Destiny after playing the Beta and watching some Let's Plays. Doesn't fit my bill (which is sad, because I was a huge Bungie fan from the Halo series...but Halo this definitely is not).

Gray Matter

Lol almost everyone on my friends list is playing Destiny, most of who I met through TLOU multi...guess I'm back to playing solo :(

I refuse to buy Destiny after playing the Beta and watching some Let's Plays. Doesn't fit my bill (which is sad, because I was a huge Bungie fan from the Halo series...but Halo this definitely is not).

I bought it because I didn't wanna be left out. Definitely regretting that decision now.

It's too fucking fast paced, boring, and it's mostly based on luck and not skill. Which I why factions has been my favorite MP ever.

The differences between the two MPs are incredible. It's like if Supply Raid had unlimited lives and the speed was cranked way up...

I did get sort of peer-pressured into the game, but I am enjoying it. Once I finally play with friends I am sure it's going to be a blast.

I guess at some point I will be back for TLoU MP though. It might be quicker than I initially thought. :)

Mentok

Banned
I bought it because I didn't wanna be left out. Definitely regretting that decision now.

Did you get a chance to try the beta? I knew everyone on my friends list would buy it, but the beta only made me wish I had an X1 to re-live the MCC. Once I saw all the release dates for the RPGs I want, I knew I wouldn't even bother with Destiny.

I haven't tried to find a game recently but I imagine most games took a hit in player populations. My friends and I are all on the Destiny train for now but I hope to get them back into TLoU soon. It really is the best mp I've played besides Gears. I'm not reluctantly playing Destiny or anything but TLoU MP is just so great.

Gray Matter

Did you get a chance to try the beta? I knew everyone on my friends list would buy it, but the beta only made me wish I had an X1 to re-live the MCC. Once I saw all the release dates for the RPGs I want, I knew I wouldn't even bother with Destiny.

I did try the beta, and it left a bad impression on me. Although before I played the alpha/beta the concept looked really fun and I was really hyped. Once I played it, it was a complete different story.

Mentok

Banned
I did try the beta, and it left a bad impression on me. Although before I played the alpha/beta the concept looked really fun and I was really hyped. Once I played it, it was a complete different story.

Yup, I agree. Which made me really sad because Halo was the whole reason I went 360 last gen so I had high hopes for Destiny. Oh well, my hopes for my next shooter fix are now on RS: Siege.

I left TLoU for a bit for Diablo 3. Still played here and there, even playing the PS3 version. I'm sure I'll do the same for Destiny. I'll play for a few more days, get my "fix," then play TLoU here and there. Depending on how good Uncharted 4's MP is (or if TLoU 2 comes out relatively soon), I think I see myself playing the game throughout the rest of the generation. Even while playing Destiny I'm still thinking about the game. That says something.
I'm liking Destiny, despite playing solo and not hearing a single voice after 15+ hours in a "social" game. The first 10 hours or so are really slow and boring. Actually gets good when you start investing some time. The MP...I can't tell if it's unbalanced, or it's another TLoU where teammates are everything. Each match has 1-3 decent to good players, and 2-3 godawful players. 4-17 type of shit. So fucking annoying. Now if they could add an Ellie helmet...

Finished my second 12 weeks/trophy this morning just in time for Destiny.

Had a great final match too. Interrupted the enemy a millisecond before they opened our safe but then died. It gave our guys just enough time to open their safe a millisecond before the enemy team.

It really is a great MP, and honestly makes the lack of teamwork in Destiny PvP really stand out. Thanks for the memories TLoU MP!

Gumbie

I couldn't disagree more! I love that there are no respawns between rounds it makes players work as a team more often than not I found. Of course you can trounced when your team doesn't play ball, but I guess that goes for all game modes :)

I agree with you, I love survivors. Here lately it seems like every time I play supply raid it turns into a Molotov fest after the first couple of minutes.

Yup, all three of my teammates were in the clear and close enough to get me. Just another day in the life of non-party members as we all know.

ehhh...i'm 1 week away from completing the 2nd journey (ie. i'm on week 23), and i've played the entire thing in no parties. i'd say this is more of a rarity than the norm. sure you get people who run all over the place. people who don't play well in a team. but for the most part people will revive you if they are not in immediate danger. i've seen team members get killed trying to revive me more often than i've seen someone ignore me like that video

Sick to death of this game.

Waiting 30 minutes, in and out, party or no party and STILL not found a fucking game.

FU ND.

FU....

edit: sorry that's now since 4.25pm so that makes it 51 minutes and counting...

edit: wasting the fucking battery on the DS4 while I'm at it...

edit: wuppyfuckingdo. in a game after 56 minutes...

/rant

edit: oh no what a surprise 3 minutes 10 seconds into a game and get 200 fucking shitty parts and its the fucking Beach Map AGAIN...

/seriously end rant

:=)

edit: kicked from match within 25 seconds. shitty connection with all...

Slurmer

Banned
Anyone else having PSN issues? I can't even join TLOU parties.

Yes. Also finally got into a game and couldn't revive my teammates randomly. I would go into the revive animation but nothing would happen. Then my teammate would die and quit out. Happened twice in the match.

AKyemeni

Do the majority of the players have zero bars?

For me, yeah

Bxb-ZQJIMAA94SO.jpg
Bxb-cKxIcAAJ3xu.jpg
Bxb-fSeIgAA9nJu.jpg

I bought this today. I enjoyed the original PS3 release, but never played Left Behind or the MP.

Is there still a community for it or have I arrived too late?

That's why we have to stick around and fight the good fight my friend.
Good connections are a minority in ND games.

Anyway, this is the first weekend since Destiny came out, so I assume that everyone is playing that game now. 95% of my friends list is playing Borderhalolands.

This pool fiasco proves that this game cannot survive with 6 separate playlists.

Just remove no parties and make all modes votable within the same playlist. If people don't like Survivors, then they won't vote for it (just like Downtown, I guess).

More democracy wouldn't hurt... F2P could also help.

ps: I'm surprised that ND didn't have a contingency plan. Was it so hard to predict that (uber hyped) Destiny would wreck (underrated) TLOUR MP?

impact

Banned
Decent mode?

You funny.

It's the worst mode in the whole multiplayer.

Just because you're bad at survival doesn't make it a bad mode. It's the only mode in MP that actually feels like I'm trying to survive. And less people to respawn and shoot me in the back.

Footos22

Just because you're bad at survival doesn't make it a bad mode. It's the only mode in MP that actually feels like I'm trying to survive. And less people to respawn and shoot me in the back.

Survival is the best mode. Spent my entire 2 journeys playing survivor. Everyone plays better together on survivors as the penalty of death is usually a long wait.

AKyemeni

LOL You know nothing about me and the way I play.

It is also the most unbalanced and easiest of all the game modes.

It's like the Gears Execution vs TDM argument all over again. Well more like Warzone really. I prefer Supply Raid the most though I wish it was multiple rounds like the Gears TDM.

Top Bottom