• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

I just got finished playing at 2am Pacific, and it never took me more than 30-45 seconds to get a full lobby of Survivors or Interrogation, no parties. Did seem laggy at times, though.

And Interrogation rules all.

GenericUser

Wasn't able to find any matches yesterday evening. Nothing screams "value" more then not being able to find a multiplayer game in a 1st party AAA game that has only been released weeks ago on a saturday evening.

This is 4 the players!

Slurmer

Banned
Anyone else experiencing frequent game crashes? Or is it just me?

Yep. Getting executed by guys that I just saw get killed by my Molotov. Shiv kills not registering. Can't bandage or revive teammates. Seeing teammates randomly burst into flames. It's not constant but it's all happened to me multiple times this weekend.

hew9753

Took me forever to get into a match of Supply Raid yesterday and when I did it was laggy/glitchy as hell. I would down someone but not be able to execute them as they crawled around at my feet. I would see teammates trying to melee or struggle with an invisible enemy.

Every time I dropped out of a match and joined a new one it would dump me into an ongoing match and I would get no credit for it when it was over. I'd still be on the same day of my journey. Is this normal? Some of the matches were early - I'd join at around 18-16 or a similar score and still get no credit for my progress.

I hope this isn't a sign of permanent times to come.

Auctopus

+1 for weird connection/infrastructure stuff happening this weekend.

- Frequent disconnects/crashes.
- Kills not registering/all kills going to one player in the team.

Another reason as to why the metagame needs work/balance.

LifeLike

You guys are right, i'm having a hard time getting into a game. If I make it either I get disconnected or people are getting disconnected. It was working fine last week what happened?

PSN ID: HEALTH_DISCO

Why doesn't ND acknowledge this issue? Why the fuck do I have to pay €50/year for this BS?

My PS3 friends have zero problems and free online gaming.

You guys are right, i'm having a hard time getting into a game. If I make it either I get disconnected or people are getting disconnected. It was working fine last week what happened?

PSN ID: HEALTH_DISCO

Alot of people on PS3 are having these problems as well.

So the shit at the moment is also happening on the ps3? Does that mean its not down to lack of players then?

Cos a really fucking annoying thought is crossing my mind that I could put my ps3 on and play that without any problems....knew I shouldn't have supported these fuckers after lying. My own fault...

2 hours and 2 games. Kicked out of one. Thanks for fuckall ND and Sony. My patience will only take so much....

Destiny is also on the PS3...

What does Sony have to say about PSN issues? Hell, we can't even play custom games, since nobody can join anyone.

Personally, if matchmaking goes to "searching for closest game" (which comes after "optimal game") for more than 10 seconds, I just back out and go back in, and I'm in a lobby within 15-30 seconds.

I really should start timing these, as I'm relying on rough memory, but I know it never takes me more than a minute or so to get into a lobby.

What bugs me is how long it still says "searching for players" when the lobby is full.

What bugs me is how long it still says "searching for players" when the lobby is full.

This gets me too...especially after waiting so long to get into full lobbies these past few days, when it's full and still says "searching for players" for another 30 seconds, it just adds to the frustration.

Overall though I've had pretty good luck getting into full games within 30 seconds or maybe a minute of searching (generally in Supply Raid, no parties). But I definitely noticed some issues a couple of times, once where it took roughly 15 minutes before I found a game. Another time I tried different things for 20 minutes and finally turned it off. It's not worth waiting around that long to find a match.

EqicDodoO

Hi,
I need some friends to play this game with.
Psn Eqic_DodoO
Tz +1gmt
I have only played ones with a friend but he didn't like it.
I thought it was awesome.
But solo not so much.

hesido

One of my gripes with the game (or I should say PS4's update system), was that when there was an update to the game, the game specifically told me to connect to the internet although I was, it couldn't find the update on time, locked me out of the multi but didn't tell me why (so I couldn't know what the issue was). It took quite a while to figure what the problem was, but there was nothing specific I could do (like manually telling PS4 to look for an update for the game.) I just waited, turned PS4 on and off again until it found an update for the game.

Usually I have things auto-downloaded but I was away from home so did a complete power down, and I had this update problem giving me trouble without description.

I hope they come up with a sturdier update mechanism.

Hoping to get on tonight for an hour or so and tomorrow night for a few hours and would love to play with some gaffers instead of randoms...add me (PSN: Blackiemoo) and just let me know you're from Gaf.

The number of times that my teammates could've/should've revived me and literally sat there and did nothing instead was mind boggling my last few games. I'm hoping to alleviate some of that frustration.

AKyemeni

Not this fucking shit again...

Bx_SNQ3IgAAZFot.jpg

Portugeezer

Since Destiny has come out matchmaking takes longer, maybe less people playing TLOU or maybe because more people playing on PSN, a bit of both probably. Funny to see people moaning about lag when I come to share a gif I captured. Lag is rare for me, maybe I get host a lot, but this is something...

lag-of-usley8p.gif
(can you even get knifed once you're downed? never seen it before)

Also lol git good.

Bxf9-T7IIAAkim4.jpg:medium

Gray Matter

Since Destiny has come out matchmaking takes longer, maybe less people playing TLOU or maybe because more people playing on PSN, a bit of both probably. Funny to see people moaning about lag when I come to share a gif I captured. Lag is rare for me, maybe I get host a lot, but this is something...

lag-of-usley8p.gif

Also lol git good.

Bxf9-T7IIAAkim4.jpg:medium

Lol. Lag city.

Jinjo

lag-of-usley8p.gif

Lol. Clearly you got outplayed there man.

I like how he hits you with the 4x2 on the ground while sliding.

JZA

Kinda getting bored of Destiny and always wanted to try this out since I played Gears of War multiplayer. My copy should be arriving on 9/30. See my info below:

Gaf Username: JZA
PSN ID: So_Bluntnificent
Timezone: PST
Mic/No Mic: Mic preferred
Additional notes (e.g. casual, play to win, only plays on Tuesdays, etc.): Play to win always, but on a casual schedule. Usually online in the evenings after 6, some weekends. If you send me a friend request, please specify you're from NeoGAF, thanks.

New patch just hit, I got kicked from the game so I must have been playing at the exact time it hit.
I've been playing a lot recently and this seems like a huge improvement! Especially on the map vote time.

Business

Kicked me too, installed the patch and now I can't connect again.

I never had issues with PSN on PS3 but lately it just sucks big time. Fix this shit sony, it's getting ridiculous.

PSN: Yeah can't connect to PSN at all for half an hour. I don't have much time to play so having all sorts of problems when I do have the time is really disappointing. I'll start playing online elsewhere.

Joco

Did the PS4 patch just go up? I've been playing a lot today and took and break and just came back to see an update downloading.

Portugeezer

I was just playing, didn't see my notifications but it's possible it did download because I started the game and just left it hanging before I actually began playing.

Everything did seem faster now that you guys mention it, quick matchmaking and no long ass loads. I still experienced some lags where your character stutters from time to time as you walk, always annoying, but less than in the past few days.

just played with a guy that failed to revive me despite being right in front of him with no enemies around

when i messaged him after the game he said i didn't revive him before (when there were two guys near him

he also said i was rubbish when he had more deaths and less downs then me

i'm always getting paired with the bad teammates!

Portugeezer

Guess he doesn't want those 100 parts. I never message people, but I have also had some really shit players who don't revive or try to revive with enemies all around... Why am I always, and I mean always, top of the scoreboard? It's never even close.

All about accumulating those parts. I spawn with reviver and crafter early in the game, maximise points by crafting and giving gifts which also helps the team as they can be good gifts, quick revive for the beginning cluster fuck for more points. Half way through I am rocking 1500 - 2000 parts and buy some good upgrades / weapons.

andycapps

I'm still playing this, not sure how many more people are. I know most of the people I used to play with have moved on to Destiny. Played after the new patch went live last night and things seemed fine.

Business

I'm still playing this, not sure how many more people are. I know most of the people I used to play with have moved on to Destiny. Played after the new patch went live last night and things seemed fine.

I'll be playing tonight (GMT+1), if someone wants to get in a party just let me know.

Cotrip

I've been playing almost every night (GMT-3) with a friend. If anyone needs a team, feel free to add me (PSN ID: Cotrip). I usually play survivor, but I also like Interrogation.

Btw, is ND releasing more new DLC for this game? I'd love to get a new mode. :/

Top Bottom