• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Been playing this lately for the gold trophies it gives. The multiplayer is really fun, but the people playing it? Not so much. A lot of rude people that get really pissed off if you don't play the way they want you to play. Worst part? I'm actually above average in skill on the MP, and most of the time I contribute a lot to the team. I almost always end up muting the mic of other people, because holy fuck I get the impression they think the game is a life/death situation.

I've also had to delete some in game friends, because they would do the same with our teammates, insulting them, screaming you suck, learn to play etc. etc. People like that just ruin the experience for newcomers. It is aggravating. I never had to deal with shit like that in other FPS/TPS I had played before.

hesido

Matchmaking.

Ok, currently it seems to be worse than yesterday but we should fear not, as more people apply the patch (and patching CAN be a painful process on certain occasions, as twice it failed to find the update and just left me off the multiplayer for a couple of hours), there will be more players to find games with.

Ok, currently it seems to be worse than yesterday but we should fear not, as more people apply the patch (and patching CAN be a painful process on certain occasions, as twice it failed to find the update and just left me off the multiplayer for a couple of hours), there will be more players to find games with.

I hope so but surely those that are already on will already have the patch so what's going on?

25 minutes to find a game. This is fucking shit. Fuck you ND...

Then its 5mins in with everyone no fucking bars....
Uhm, can someone explain the matchmaking changes in detail?

The patch notes are way too vague (as always)...

Less players playing may affect the efficiency of matchmaking (less players matching criteria for stable connections.), at least that what I hope to be the case.
Less players are playing because of Destiny, not because they haven't downloaded patch 1.04.

Patches are downloaded automatically (or at least that's the case for me).

A bit LTTP but I unlocked the bow a few days ago and had some matches where I was slaughtering people with it.

Having it upgraded to lvl 3 makes you feel like the Green Arrow O_O, it's really the funnest weapon to use imo if you get on a roll with it.

Portugeezer

A bit LTTP but I unlocked the bow a few days ago and had some matches where I was slaughtering people with it.

Having it upgraded to lvl 3 makes you feel like the Green Arrow O_O, it's really the funnest weapon to use imo if you get on a roll with it.

I never use it, but it's the worst to get hit with unsuspectingly because I always have trouble telling where it comes from. With other weapons I can hear where they're firing from a bit better and see the bullet trail.

Guess he doesn't want those 100 parts. I never message people, but I have also had some really shit players who don't revive or try to revive with enemies all around... Why am I always, and I mean always, top of the scoreboard? It's never even close.

All about accumulating those parts. I spawn with reviver and crafter early in the game, maximise points by crafting and giving gifts which also helps the team as they can be good gifts, quick revive for the beginning cluster fuck for more points. Half way through I am rocking 1500 - 2000 parts and buy some good upgrades / weapons.

I always play this way aswell crafter 3 really gives the team an edge and healer allows you to build a considerable amount of parts early on...i then switch to another class built around getting kills and let loose

AKyemeni

Just a quick update to let everyone know that we’re aware of some serious networking issues affecting The Last of Us: Remastered. These include being unable to join a friend’s party, losing connection during a match, and long matchmaking times (which we're still working on). We’re gathering data on these issues and working with the PSN team on solving them. We don’t have an ETA yet on any fixes, but we will keep you informed when we have more information.
http://community.us.playstation.com...update-PS4-Sep-26-2014/m-p/44555810#U44555810

Translation: Poor Shitty Network sucks potatoes, since it can't handle millions of Destiny players and Sony is too cheap to upgrade it, but here's a PR excuse for y'all.

I don't think it's a coincidence that FIFA 15 players also have connectivity issues... it's also not a coincidence that I can't see my friends list, PSN messages and PSN friend requests. My PS3 works fine though.

Portugeezer

Translation: Poor Shitty Network sucks potatoes, since it can't handle millions of Destiny players and Sony is too cheap to upgrade it, but here's a PR excuse for y'all.

I don't think it's a coincidence that FIFA 15 players also have connectivity issues... it's also not a coincidence that I can't see my friends list, PSN messages and PSN friend requests. My PS3 works fine though.

FIFA has been okay, any problems is from EA which has been surprisingly minimal for launch. I played many hours and only a few times got EA server error messages.

Mentok

Banned
Streaming right now

twitch.tv/akyemeni

Damn AK, nasty with that hunting rifle!

Has anyone had this happen: Last night we were playing checkpoint. This guy on the other team could never die unless we shivved him. Honestly, we shot him down, he'd slide and then pop back up like nothing happened. I don't know if this was a glitch or hack, but it was messed up. you couldn't down him. I even saw him take a nade, slide and pop back up. I wished I uploaded the game because it was so weird!

AKyemeni

Has anyone had this happen: Last night we were playing checkpoint. This guy on the other team could never die unless we shivved him. Honestly, we shot him down, he'd slide and then pop back up like nothing happened. I don't know if this was a glitch or hack, but it was messed up. you couldn't down him. I even saw him take a nade, slide and pop back up. I wished I uploaded the game because it was so weird!

Lag

Portugeezer

Probably lag or a glitch, I have had similar circumstances where you shoot a guy and it glitches out and they don't die, or they are downed and you can't kill them.

Sliding...

lag-of-usley8p.gif

Mentok

Banned
Probably lag or a glitch, I have had similar circumstances where you shoot a guy and it glitches out and they don't die, or they are downed and you can't kill them.

Sliding...

lag-of-usley8p.gif

Happened before the last update? Because it was the first time I've ever seen it....and it happened to only that player...I was thinking glitch, never thought lag.

Mendax

is there some trouble with the (EU) matchmaking server? Getting all kinds of funky errors and it takes ages to find and connect to a match, let alone stay in one until it finishes. Also, has there been a major exodus of players or is it just bad matchmaking at work..?

never had any trouble at all up until about a week ago, really want to finish the firefly journey but it took me hours to advance 4 ingame days today.

edit: oh it seems it is a known problem, should have read further up than a few posts

Darknight

Been playing this lately for the gold trophies it gives. The multiplayer is really fun, but the people playing it? Not so much. A lot of rude people that get really pissed off if you don't play the way they want you to play. Worst part? I'm actually above average in skill on the MP, and most of the time I contribute a lot to the team. I almost always end up muting the mic of other people, because holy fuck I get the impression they think the game is a life/death situation.

I've also had to delete some in game friends, because they would do the same with our teammates, insulting them, screaming you suck, learn to play etc. etc. People like that just ruin the experience for newcomers. It is aggravating. I never had to deal with shit like that in other FPS/TPS I had played before.

Just ignore those assholes. I was playing a few nights ago and was "level 27" as someone said and since I've been playing with the bow and getting used to it, I wasnt doing too hot so that dude was like "man up and act like lvl 27" while spewing BS. Funny thing is the next game we went on opposite teams and I wound up playing my regular class. Lets just say we beat his team and I scored more point than him. LOL All that shit talking for nothing.

So I just finished my first 12 weeks as a Hunter, only had around 50 survivors when I finished so no flight helmet for me :(

Have any of you guys purchased any of the DLC? I can do without the scoped weapons but that agility perk seems super useful......

Business

Playing with randoms is making me get bored of this. It's curious how the player pool is so different from PS3, here people runs literally all the time, it thought it was bad in PS3 but this is a whole different level. I'm watching the mini map and it's all dots moving, then they turtle as if suddenly they can be stealth... ridiculous.

ZanDatsu

Has the matchmaking been really bad for you guys the last few days? I've also been getting a lot of laggy matches, to the point that the game glitches like crazy and everyone on screen is just repeating the same lines over and over amid grunting noises as they are being hit/shot. Oh and of course the guys who you kill twice but then come back to life in a flurry of lag and proceed to kill everyone on your team. I've also had one match where an enemy was invisible and running around just killing everyone.

Still can't find a match as I've been typing this... or the 5 minutes before coming here.

Wowbagger

Yeah, the matchmaking is beyond fucked atm. Took me half an hour to finally get a match going earlier. Kept running into the same guys in lobby, but never enough to get a match started, and then we inevitably get kicked back to the search screen. Several of the players were from my own country as well; shouldn't have an issue playing with them, at least. Once a match finally got going, people were quitting left and right only to be replaced by new people that then quit, etc. Just a complete mess.

Whatever the issue is did eventually sort itself out after sticking with the group that finally finished the match... over the next couple matches, it got gradually better.

TLOU matchmaking has actually been alright-ish for me up until this latest patch. Worst of all, since the patch I can no longer party up with the one guy in my friends list who still plays this regularly - we just get kicked from each other's party. I sure hope this isn't the final patch.

BTW, what's wrong with Agility? I was thinking Agility 1 + Covert Ops 2 for a new loadout and was just about to buy it.

At this point I'm begging for the Uncharted 4 MP beta to come out ASAP. Fuck this "Remastered" 1080p-enabled lag sauce!

ps: IIRC, it's Agility 2 that is (still) broken.

AKyemeni

At this point I'm begging for the Uncharted 4 MP beta to come out ASAP. Fuck this "Remastered" 1080p-enabled lag sauce!

ps: IIRC, it's Agility 2 that is (still) broken.

If Sony were smart, they would include the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta with every copy of The Order 1886.

Top Bottom