• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

If Sony were smart, they would include the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta with every copy of The Order 1886.
I'm gonna buy that game, regardless of any potential bundled codes.

Still a good idea though (it worked for Infamous 1-2) or they could also give it to PS+ subscribers. I'm fine with both options.

I feel sorry for TLOU-only players, since they'll have to wait until TLOU 2 to get a similar MP experience.

You still make noises.

And you've had would-be-victims not using Strategist 2 locate you because of them? 'Cause from my experience, they never have. Only you can hear them, just like how enemies can't hear your teammates scream "I'm fucking dying over here", "Fuck, that was my last shot", etc.

OK, anyone up for some games tomorrow night at around 8PM BST?

I'm playing with randoms, and its fun.. but I want to play with GAF!

PSN: Uncleniccius for those interested.

Cotrip

I'm surprised with the all hate I've been receiving lately. Getting a couple of shotgun kills is enough to receive hatemails callling you a "shotgun noob" or other unpleasant words lol

Btw, what are your records for clan survivors? Recently I achieved 137, but it's almost impossible to keep people healthy at these levels.

yFGjggr.jpg

AKyemeni

I'm surprised with the all hate I've been receiving lately. Getting a couple of shotgun kills is enough to receive hatemails callling you a "shotgun noob" or other unpleasant words lol

Btw, what are your records for clan survivors? Recently I achieved 137, but it's almost impossible to keep people healthy at these levels.

yFGjggr.jpg
355 is my record

And you've had would-be-victims not using Strategist 2 locate you because of them? 'Cause from my experience, they never have. Only you can hear them, just like how enemies can't hear your teammates scream "I'm fucking dying over here", "Fuck, that was my last shot", etc.
Try it in a Custom Game with friends and Party Chat.

I use the shotgun a lot (with my support class) and I still haven't received hatemail in the PS4 version...

AKyemeni

Don't worry about hatemail. They're just mad that you're not playing the way they want you to play.

Whenever this happens, I make sure to give them extra Tbags during the match.

355!? How!?

Is the shotgun purchaseable? I haven't used ANY purchaseable weapons.. should I?

duuuuuuuuude....you are missing out.

I always roll with the shotty. Have taken entire teams out with that beast of a gun. Seriously one hit down if they are close. When people see you with a shotty they will run. Ammo is pretty cheap as well if you use it wisely. Usually get around 8-12 rounds in supply raids.

duuuuuuuuude....you are missing out.

I always roll with the shotty. Have taken entire teams out with that beast of a gun. Seriously one hit down if they are close. When people see you with a shotty they will run. Ammo is pretty cheap as well if you use it wisely. Usually get around 8-12 rounds in supply raids.

How much do they cost to buy in parts? This seems tempting - do you keep your primary if you buy them?

Anyone have a US copy that doesn't display multiplayer gore, no matter how the setting is toggled?

I've tried everything, but my US copy must desperately want to be censored.

Portugeezer

How much do they cost to buy in parts? This seems tempting - do you keep your primary if you buy them?

About 400 parts, maybe less, with 2 shots. Then you can buy more.

4 shots will probably get you 3 - 4 downs if you play it right, and if you can, execute them with your secondary. A shotgun ends up paying for itself in the long run.

Business

The shotgun is quite amazing but I'm just not used to using it, as in investing my parts on a another primary weapon and switching between them, having it ready when I may find an enemy close quarters...

I always try to just upgrade my semi-auto 400+800 and I use as an all around weapon. After that I'll normally buy armor and if there's some more, ammo.

Portugeezer

The shotgun is quite amazing but I'm just not used to using it, as in investing my parts on a another primary weapon and switching between them, having it ready when I may find an enemy close quarters...

I always try to just upgrade my semi-auto 400+800 and I use as an all around weapon. After that I'll normally buy armor and if there's some more, ammo.

I used to do that, but then found that sometimes the semi auto is just not up to snuff, specially if someone surprised you around a corner.

My personal favourite loadout is the silenced sniper + shorty and then buy a shotgun. Shotgun is good for running up to people and around corners; down with shotgun, execute with shorty to save ammo, sniper gives the best of both worlds.

Perks don't matter when you rock this, so use whatever.

Matchmaking is still broken.

£40 ps3 game.

£40 ps4 game.

Go on ND....laugh your arses off.

Can't connect with party members (none of us can - just kicks us as soon as we get in).

Every match has no connection bars.

Getting shot round corners, not by one shot but three!

Agility bug still not fixed from LAUNCH.

Btw, are they even gonna bother this or IS THIS NOW IT FROM ND/SONY?

smfh.....

They should be fucking sued. Got a sneaky feeling that the ones getting the shitty end of the stick is the Europeans too. I mean, at 5pm, how the fuck can no-one (OTHER THAN SHITTY CONNECTIONS) be playing? Perhaps they fucked us (Sony) on purpose with KZSF as I was never a believer than only so few played when SOOOOO many copies were sold.

Come on Sony what the fuck is going on?

Not happy...

320 at first and then ammo gets more expensive. After 8/10 rounds ammo is around 670.

Primary is usually hunting rifle so I got my long range and short range bases covered. You're chances of a comeback are significantly boosted with a shotgun especially in stuff like survivors. There is nothing in the game that can down quicker than a shotgun at close range.

It would be interesting to know what side of the border people are having the majority of issues with matchmaking are.

To me, it seems a lot of people are and a lot aren't?

Wowbagger

Any Euros on right now? Me and a buddy could use some backup. We play fairly frequently late evenings and early nights and are sick and tired of randoms running everywhere. Send a friend request to W0Wbaggr if you feel like helping out (tonight or any other night!).

We're mature and mediocre, come with mics and funny accents, and don't rage quit or care much if anyone steals kills. :)

Any Euros on right now? Me and a buddy could use some backup. We play fairly frequently late evenings and early nights and are sick and tired of randoms running everywhere. Send a friend request to W0Wbaggr if you feel like helping out (tonight or any other night!).

We're mature and mediocre, come with mics and funny accents, and don't rage quit or care much if anyone steals kills. :)

I'm the aforementioned buddy, so anyone interested in joining us occasionally can add me as well:

PSN ID: everlong416

320 at first and then ammo gets more expensive. After 8/10 rounds ammo is around 670.

Is it better to use the Cheaper Purchased Weapons booster or the Cheaper Ammo booster? I've never paid enough attention to figure out which requires less parts in the long run (assuming I buy ammo for it roughly 2-3 times in a match).

Darknight

Anyone have a US copy that doesn't display multiplayer gore, no matter how the setting is toggled?

I've tried everything, but my US copy must desperately want to be censored.

You'll only get "gore" if you or enemy is downed and you/they trip a bomb and the explosion blows you to bits. The other one I've seen is Special Execution with a revolver/shotgun, you blow the person's head off. Rarely you get a headshot that blows a person's head off.

Other than that, its hard/rare to see gory stuff.

You'll only get "gore" if you or enemy is downed and you/they trip a bomb and the explosion blows you to bits. The other one I've seen is Special Execution with a revolver/shotgun, you blow the person's head off. Rarely you get a headshot that blows a person's head off.

Other than that, its hard/rare to see gory stuff.

When I'm running my shorty/semi build I try to always swap to shorty for special executions. :)

Don't think I've ever seen bomb gore.

Servers are dodgy tonight.. I can't seem to get past the lobby - it just endlessly loads, and as I keep seeing the same people I think it is widespread:(

Finding Spanish/Brazilian players seems to be the norm these days.

Why does America/Europe ignore this game? What's so good about Borderhalolands?

AKyemeni

We just pushed out a live update (version 1.04.20) to The Last of Us: Remastered with a couple small tweaks:

1. Removed a couple of the matchmaking stages that were rarely suceeding

2.Set all maps to the same priority, so Beach and Financial Plaza should come up at the same frequency as all the other maps

We are still working on the more severe issues players are seeing such as being unable to join parties, losing connections mid-match, and sometimes getting very long matchmaking times.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/PS4-Live-Update-1-04-20-matchmaking-map-priority/m-p/44585256#U44585256

Why the hell did they add extra matchmaking stages if they rarely succeed? I hope he wasn't talking about latency stages...

Either way, this image seems fitting:

Science-dog.jpg

Too bad it isn't as consistent as Uncharted when selecting the host. You were almost guaranteed to be host if you were party leader in Uncharted.

Now, it's even more random.
Nah, it works the same way as Uncharted.

The biggest party (Po5 in Uncharted or Po4 in TLOU) hosts the match.

For example, when I play in a Po3 vs a Po4 in TLOU, it's always the Po4 that hosts the match.

ps: It's 50/50 when there are 2 full parties.

AKyemeni

Nah, it works the same way as Uncharted.

The biggest party (Po5 in Uncharted or Po4 in TLOU) hosts the match.

For example, when I play in a Po3 vs a Po4 in TLOU, it's always the Po4 that hosts the match.

ps: It's 50/50 when there are 2 full parties.

Not always, in my experience. It could be a person that isn't even in a party.

Top Bottom