• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
LOL. No craftables tho = pure skeel!!!

Crafting is fine, but my true HC mode would be:

• no radar
  • no LM
  • no mollies (or a massive nerf on either their effect or mechanics)
  • no boosters (though it might be interesting to instead have a few preset classes like a medic, bruiser, sharpshooter, agility so there was still a little variety)

Obviously not everyone would like this, but it'd be GOAT for me.

AKyemeni

• no radar
  • no LM
  • no boosters (though it might be interesting to instead have a few preset classes like a medic, bruiser, sharpshooter, agility so there was still a little variety)

And I wouldn't touch that game mode with a ten foot pole, except to troll people, just like I do Survivors.

• no radar
  • no LM

It would be interesting to see how the bow-users would fare when all the boosters are taken away from the standard weapons, maybe take away the upgrades and armor as well, just the default weapons and none of the newer ones or scoped ones, no purchasable weapons and no silencer.

AKyemeni

It would be interesting to see how the bow-users would fare when all the boosters are taken away from the standard weapons, maybe take away the upgrades and armor as well, just the default weapons and none of the newer ones or scoped ones, no purchasable weapons and no silencer.

We might as well take out all forms of combat. We can turn the square button into a wave button.

That sounds horrible.

UC3 Hardcore/Classic anyone?

Hoofuckingray. Got in a game with bars!!!

Is it me or is the PAID FOR WEAPONS = PAYING TO WIN?

Been playing and the Enforcer is MORE affective than a fucking rifle and the VARIABLE RIFLE beats EVERY FUCKING WEAPON NO MATTER WHAT.

THIS is bullshit and the shittiest of all shitty in game design. This shit happened in KZ:SF too. Getting sick of getting fucked......

Fuck ND and Sony. Will be buying their next game 2nd hand even if it costs more money.

There should be a topic for this alone on games that do this and how bad this is imo/

Gray Matter

Hoofuckingray. Got in a game with bars!!!

Is it me or is the PAID FOR WEAPONS = PAYING TO WIN?

Been playing and the Enforcer is MORE affective than a fucking rifle and the VARIABLE RIFLE beats EVERY FUCKING WEAPON NO MATTER WHAT.

THIS is bullshit and the shittiest of all shitty in game design. This shit happened in KZ:SF too. Getting sick of getting fucked......

Fuck ND and Sony. Will be buying their next game 2nd hand even if it costs more money.

There should be a topic for this alone on games that do this and how bad this is imo/

There has been numerous discussion and most, including me, agree that DLC weapons/skills are not pay to win. All perks and weapons have their weaknesses and can be countered if the game is played right. Stop using that dumb pay to win excuse.

GnawtyDog

Banned

SHOTTY > Enforcer - but that's just me.

Semi-Auto > Variable Rifle
Sniper Rifle > Variable Rifle

For my playstyle I guess.

The DLC is not pay-to-win BUT I don't agree with guns and perks being behind a pay-wall so I too am pissed at ND for it. I hope to god that the person that approves this kind of thing finds something else to nickle and dime in Uncharted 4. Hats, costumes, emotes, emblems, weapon skins (go ahead) - JUST NOT the weapon themselves, the perks or an accessory like weapon scopes.

They could introduce an alternative fire mode where the pistols, rifles, or bow shoot confetti, bubbles, paint... (in a limited fashion - ex: like the amount bullets) as a way to TeaBag the dead. Kinda like emotes. Nickle and dime that.

AKyemeni

The DLC is not pay-to-win BUT I don't agree with guns and perks being behind a pay-wall so I too am pissed at ND for it. I hope to god that the person that approves this kind of thing finds something else to nickle and dime in Uncharted 4. Hats, costumes, emotes, emblems, weapon skins (go ahead) - JUST NOT the weapon themselves, the perks or an accessory like weapon scopes.

Well, people were clamoring for a whole year about wanting new weapons and skills. So, ND listened to them.

There has been numerous discussion and most, including me, agree that DLC weapons/skills are not pay to win. All perks and weapons have their weaknesses and can be countered if the game is played right. Stop using that dumb pay to win excuse.

I disagree - you pay to get weapons that are more powerful. End of. Perhaps you should stop coming up with the dumb excuse that the weapons can be countered.

They could introduce an alternative fire mode where the pistols, rifles, or bow shoot confetti, bubbles, paint... (in a limited fashion - ex: like the amount bullets) as a way to TeaBag the dead. Kinda like emotes. Nickle and dime that.

Disagree with both of those countered weapons. It is impossible to shoot 2 shotties before you are dead by 4 shots from an Enforcer.

And it is certainly not possible to beat a Variable Rifle with a Semi-Auto. The VR shoots enough shots before you can even get 2 SA shots to kill you.

^ These are based for the majority of time when I play.

Good that you agree to these practices being not good even though you are able to overcome them.

Perhaps its more down to the absolutely shit network code resulting in shit tick rate that is the main problem of this game and the 'advantageous' weapons that can be countered appears not possible because of this.

Perhaps its more down to the absolutely shit network code resulting in shit tick rate that is the main problem of this game and the 'advantageous' weapons that can be countered appears not possible because of this.
Exactly. 15 Hz tickrate sucks, especially in a 60fps next-gen game.

Everything can be countered*, except lag.

* Yes, even HR's 70% damage... just use FAT3. :p

Gray Matter

I disagree - you pay to get weapons that are more powerful. End of. Perhaps you should stop coming up with the dumb excuse that the weapons can be countered.

More powerful? All the DLC weapons are technically weaker than the stock weapons. Enforcer takes 5 shots to down, revolver takes 3. The variable rifle takes 4 shots to down, the semi auto takes 3. And the full auto takes 5 shots to down.

I have also played hundreds of hours in this game, I can honestly say that the DLC weapons are just fine and in no way OP.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
And it is certainly not possible to beat a Variable Rifle with a Semi-Auto.

?? If you actually know how to use a Semi, then of course you can. Variable Rifle is fun to use, but among good players its either Semi, Burst or Hunting Rifle.

Gray Matter

Åesop;136870720 said:
?? If you actually know how to use a Semi, then of course you can. Variable Rifle is fun to use, but among good players its either Semi, Burst or Hunting Rifle.

I've beaten the VR almost every time that I face one. With the semi auto.

GnawtyDog

Banned

Disagree with both of those countered weapons. It is impossible to shoot 2 shotties before you are dead by 4 shots from an Enforcer.

And it is certainly not possible to beat a Variable Rifle with a Semi-Auto. The VR shoots enough shots before you can even get 2 SA shots to kill you.

^ These are based for the majority of time when I play.

Good that you agree to these practices being not good even though you are able to overcome them.

They can be countered. You can state your opinion like it has more weight than that of others but it does not. Def not fact.

Second and third bold I can not agree....SHOTTY: Shoot, duck, move, shoot at close range. Better than any other pistol for me. Def a better hand-weapon for window/doors/wall peeks at close range.

Semi-Auto is a 3 hit down rifle. Def better for moving targets.

Enforcer is 4HK.

Anyway, I have all the DLC weapons and I don't even use them. That should tell you something about their "OPness"...

More powerful? All the DLC weapons are technically weaker than the stock weapons. Enforcer takes 5 shots to down, revolver takes 3. The variable rifle takes 4 shots to down, the semi auto takes 3. And the full auto takes 5 shots to down.

I have also played hundreds of hours in this game, I can honestly say that the DLC weapons are just fine and in no way OP.

So guns which takes MORE shots BUT FIRE 'x' times quicker makes the difference does it?....

I've beaten the VR almost every time that I face one. With the semi auto.

For my personal experience, I can only fire 2 shots of SA compared to 4 on the VR. Hence, UNLESS I get a headshot, the VR always wins = VR more powerful = Have to pay to own VR = Pay to win, imo. Again, perhaps its down more to tickrate/lag.

They can be countered. You can state your opinion like it has more weight than that of others but it does not. Def not fact.

Second and third bold I can not agree....SHOTTY: Shoot, duck, move, shoot at close range. Better than any other pistol for me. Def a better hand-weapon for window/doors/wall peeks at close range.

Semi-Auto is a 3 hit down rifle. Def better for moving targets.

Yeah sorry about that but isn't that what you're doing, you know stating your opinion as fact?

What good is the shotty to duck move etc if some guy has a PAID for Enforcer and fires his 5 shots (in my experience, 3-4 to get you down) when you can't even get your second shot off?

Agree on the SA for a better for moving targets though. Although, not always 3 shots again due to this games shitty netcode/tickrate/servers. Isn't this a reason enough less people are playing this game?

Sorry not quoted the poster who said about less people using the Paid Weapons = this proves they aren't more powerful. This proves nothing of the sort imo, for obvious reasons.

Gray Matter

So guns which takes MORE shots BUT FIRE 'x' times quicker makes the difference does it?....

For my personal experience, I can only fire 2 shots of SA compared to 4 on the VR. Hence, UNLESS I get a headshot, the VR always wins = VR more powerful = Have to pay to own VR = Pay to win, imo. Again, perhaps its down more to tickrate/lag.

what youre explaining here is players beating YOU, not the gun theyre using. if you really think this game is pay to win, then thats on you

The game isn't pay to win but it comes pretty damn close to it. The entire purpose of traits and guns is playing around with all the features so you pick the loadouts that best fit you. You can't do that when both weapons and traits are hidden behind paywalls.

I can't tell what is more sad and pathetic, Naughty Dog applying this bullshit moneywall or people like you that defend them. It's really a toss up.

After testing the newer weapons over many hours I still think the Semi-auto and Revolver are better choices. IMO "Pay-to-win" isn't applicable here.

Gray Matter

The game isn't pay to win but it comes pretty damn close to it. The entire purpose of traits and guns is playing around with all the features so you pick the loadouts that best fit you. You can't do that when both weapons and traits are hidden behind paywalls.

I can't tell what is more sad and pathetic, Naughty Dog applying this bullshit moneywall or people like you that defend them. It's really a toss up.

i am in no way defending them putting the dlc weapons and skills behind a paywall, but it is what it is. the dlc is not OP, it just isnt, and it makes me laugh when people complain of them being OP, especially when they havent used them. if you feel like youre being put at a disadvantage because other people are better than you, why dont you buy the dlc and stop complaining, or just stop playing altogether.

AKyemeni

Who's defending pay to win?

what youre explaining here is players beating YOU, not the gun theyre using. if you really think this game is pay to win, then thats one you

Not getting into an argument here. You are obviously NOT reading ANY word I've said. I'm pretty good at the game and know when I'm beat with another players skill. If I'm shooting a guy, EVEN IF HE ISN'T AWARE OF ME, and I put 2 SA bullets into him but he can turn round and fire 4 VR bullets which prevent me EVEN firing another SA bullet and get me down, then this is bullshit and his weapon is more powerful (It doesn't matter if he needs 4 bullets to get me down with a VR and a SA takes 3 - because his fires at a much quicker rate). IF then he has armour then this situation is exaggerated even more, regardless if I, myself, has armour as well. *THIS IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE. Add the fact that THIS PAID FOR WEAPON can also be used to scope for distance. IE. THIS HAS MORE ACCURACY AS CAN BE USED TO PINPOINT headshots, the whole point of HAVING A SCOPE. Then how the fuck is this not PAYING TO WIN?

Btw, why the fuck ARE people buying the weapons if they ARE WORSE - you see, that doesn't make sense either now does it? They are buying them because they want a better way of beating people....

SPOT On!

After testing the newer weapons over many hours I still think the Semi-auto and Revolver are better choices. IMO "Pay-to-win" isn't applicable here.

Perhaps its more to do with your tickrate/lag/cpnnection then BUT after many many hours myself, I disagree totally. In fact, some peoples playstyles almost prove the OP of the weapons in that they have over confidence running and gunning AND BEING SUCCESSFUL with merely an Enforcer.

i am in no way defending them putting the dlc weapons and skills behind a paywall, but it is what it is. the dlc is not OP, it just isnt, and it makes me laugh when people complain of them being OP, especially when they havent used them. if you feel like youre being put at a disadvantage because other people are better than you, why dont you buy the dlc and stop complaining, or just stop playing altogether.

Nah. I don't agree with the ' put up or shut up ' statement here. I bought the game just like everybody else and I didn't sign up to PAY TO WIN. I can even use the Enforcer myself but refuse to out of principle (I got it when I got the DLC from the ps3 version).

This SHIT should not be happening in games. End of. It's not a fucking FREE TO PLAY title...

Btw, why the fuck ARE people buying the weapons if they ARE WORSE - you see, that doesn't make sense either now does it? They are buying them because they want a better way of beating people....
Because they're cheap and people were curious to use them in custom loadouts?

As I said, I don't even use them anymore. Why would I lie?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if there are enough teams though :S and for some people cod is right around the corner

Down for another tournie with pure Gaffers. Less teams may register this time around, which would be a blessing in disguise in terms of making this an effective tournie

Why don't you just pay the shitty microtransactions and stop complaining!! Great logic mate, you should start working as PR for the big companies who also don't understand why gamers get mad when game companies bend them over. I'm not being put as a disadvantage by people that are better than me, I and others had had parts of the games removed that should absolutely be there. Stop trying to shoehorn bullshit implications when you quote when I never implied or stated such a thing, ok champ?

I don't feel the weapons are OP, I just feel that taking away some weapons and traits in a game where the online is made to style weapons and traits based on what you're best at as a disgusting practice.

Top Bottom