• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Are you PS4 players seeing beach and financial district a lot? I've started to hate them because they're all that seem to show up in rotation. Bills town, checkpoint and dam seem pretty rare now.

At this point does it really matter? The majority of people already moved on to destiny and other games. Only the hardcore fans stayed to play.
Sad, but true. I don't feel inclined to play this game if no one else from my friends list plays it.

Well, ND wouldn't be doing all this if there wasn't a substantial amount of people playing, would they?
Compared to Destiny, our pool is smaller than a puddle. It doesn't cost them anything to release a LiveUpdate/hotfix (it's as trivial as editing an *.ini file, in case you are familiar with PC gaming), even if there are only 1000 players.

Hell, they don't even bother to release new hats anymore, lol... and that's harder than editing a text file. That should tell you something.

I hope that they will reveal a Remastered Uncharted collection (kinda like the Halo Master Chief collection) by December 6-7th, along with an Uncharted 4 gameplay trailer/U4 MP beta details. TLOU Remastered is already dead.

AKyemeni

Sad, but true. I don't feel inclined to play this game if no one else from my friends list plays it.

Compared to Destiny, our pool is smaller than a puddle. It doesn't cost them anything to release a LiveUpdate/hotfix (it's as trivial as editing an *.ini file, in case you are familiar with PC gaming), even if there are only 1000 players.

Hell, they don't even bother to release new hats anymore, lol... and that's harder than editing a text file. That should tell you something.

I hope that they will reveal a Remastered Uncharted collection (kinda like the Halo Master Chief collection) by December 6-7th, along with an Uncharted 4 gameplay trailer/U4 MP beta details. TLOU Remastered is already dead.

I blame ND for not giving it the support it really needs and deserves. That spoiled potential. It makes me angry.

ksdixon

On PS3 Beach/Financial Plaza seems to be all that I play, Over on PS4 thought they show up as often or as infreqently as any other maps, it's a lot more varied.

Gray Matter

I blame ND for not giving it the support it really needs and deserves. That spoiled potential. It makes me angry.

Yup. All the matchmaking woes it suffered at launch was really bad. I'm sure it left a sour taste on a lot of people, and that's sad because factions is fucking magnificent.

AKyemeni

Yup. All the matchmaking woes it suffered at launch was really bad. I'm sure it left a sour taste on a lot of people, and that's sad because factions is fucking magnificent.

Well, I've never had any launch matchmaking troubles.

I was more thinking about advertisements and more DLC. Connecting more with streamers and youtubers, community events. Stuff like that.

That and the fact that there was no digital upgrade option... lots of potential MP customers have been lost.

Can I just say playing this game again for the 2nd time on the PS4 how much I love sniping fools with arrows? I max out the arrow stuff first with the upgrade pills. What do you guys upgrade first? Or how do you prioritize upgrades?

Edit: BTW I have yet to play multi player but I intend to once I beat the main game again, whenever. Already beat Left Behind. Why don't we all form an online club with The Last of Us?

Gray Matter

I was more thinking about advertisements and more DLC. Connecting more with streamers and youtubers, community events. Stuff like that.

Yea, ND missed a lot of chances to make this even better. Maybe with the inevitable sequel we'll get more.

Am I the only one that thinks there's a lag hack in this game? It's happened on two different games the past 3 days, and it's not due to my internet. I was about to throw a molitov at someone today and it happened for 3 seconds only until I was brought back to the game in which case I was already dead. It happened for a split second with the guy being the only one left as I shot at him which give him time to get away.

I clicked the share button and it says the video is saved, btu I don't use this feature. Does that mean for certain my video is saved here and is there a way I can send this to NaughtyDog and get this twat banned from PSN?

They should have given this game to another company. It always seemed half assed to get online having several issues for a month and a half when it releases before it's fixed, it's clear their attention is on the other 2 PS4 as it should be. But don't use this as a lab rat experiment as we play on it. We would have 3-4X as many players in this game had the issues in the first month and a half not been happening at all (or fixed in a matter of days).

GnawtyDog

Banned
It happened to me in a couple matches and hasn't happened for the last 2 days I played. It's not recurring. I think it's some sort of lag/bug, not a hack.

Is it a bug from updates, because this hasn't happened for months to me. This time however I remember 2 instances of directing my weapon at someone and it happening on both occasions.

tahsutify

When I want to connect to the multiplayer, it takes at least 30 tries 90% of the time. Just displays stupid error messages like "make sure you are online" etc. Is it a problem of the game ( well it is a problem of the game since every other game work just fine) ? Anyone with a similar problem?

Eventually it works but sometimes I just try to connect for 5-10 minutes.

I agree with you 100% on this, the MP is so much fun and as other posters have said there's so much room for improvement like a horde mode. Or for that matter give us freaking something for dlc.

This game and Infamous both have the same problem where Sony hasn't really added anything worthwhile at all for owners of the game. I'm usually a hater of dlc, but if it's good quality for a game that I like than I'm all for it if it's reasonably priced.

I know there's First Light for Infamous but it's stand alone...........

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
there's so much room for improvement like a horde mode.

Not talking about you, but I don't get why so many people cry and bit** about a horde mode whenever Naughty Dog is taking questions.. Like seriously, how can a horde mode be fun for more than 10 minutes? Is that Zombie horde mode in Call of Duty even popular?

Cubed

This thread just reminded me that I still have to complete my hunter journey for my platinum and 100%.

::sigh::

I think I'm only on the second week.

Åesop;135397645 said:
Not talking about you, but I don't get why so many people cry and bit** about a horde mode whenever Naughty Dog is taking questions.. Like seriously, how can a horde mode be fun for more than 10 minutes? Is that Zombie horde mode in Call of Duty even popular?

Hate to be a month old quoting mf'er but it was pretty damn popular when done right. I can only attest for World at War and the first Black Ops, it was really easy to find matches and always seemed very well populated. I heard it got a little too obtuse during Black Ops 2 but I haven't played it so I can't really comment on that. Many people who own ghosts say that the extinction mode is their favorite part of mp which is basically zombies swapped for aliens from what I understand.

Gears 3 did it really well by adding static defenses and upgrades you could buy, and gears 3 horde matches could last multiple hours with it still being fun by adding boss encounters that were actually pretty damn cool.

I don't know if TLOU should have gone a standard copy/paste horde mode with it's limited set of enemies for infected. I do think that integrating the infected somehow into the competitive mp would have been really interesting if it could be done and pulled off. Who knows, maybe ND devs had the same idea and just weren't able to pull it off technically.

Anyways, I really wanted to post to say screw AKyemeni :p

After coming back to MP from TEW after a few weeks it seems like everyone and their mother is using the enforcer now and I solely blame YOU :p

What have you done.

AKyemeni

Hate to be a month old quoting mf'er but it was pretty damn popular when done right. I can only attest for World at War and the first Black Ops, it was really easy to find matches and always seemed very well populated. I heard it got a little too obtuse during Black Ops 2 but I haven't played it so I can't really comment on that. Many people who own ghosts say that the extinction mode is their favorite part of mp which is basically zombies swapped for aliens from what I understand.

Gears 3 did it really well by adding static defenses and upgrades you could buy, and gears 3 horde matches could last multiple hours with it still being fun by adding boss encounters that were actually pretty damn cool.

I don't know if TLOU should have gone a standard copy/paste horde mode with it's limited set of enemies for infected. I do think that integrating the infected somehow into the competitive mp would have been really interesting if it could be done and pulled off. Who knows, maybe ND devs had the same idea and just weren't able to pull it off technically.

Anyways, I really wanted to post to say screw AKyemeni :p

After coming back to MP from TEW after a few weeks it seems like everyone and their mother is using the enforcer now and I solely blame YOU :p

What have you done.
LOL what exactly did I do again?

LOL what exactly did I do again?

I'm just joking, had an off night jumping back into the game after playing TEW for a while on PS4. Was getting thrashed by quite a lot of people with enforcers so I was blaming you cause I see you use it quite often in your streams.

RELIGHT

Banned
I hate the delayed damage in this version online. So many times I turn a corner or go behind cover while being shot then suddenly I'm down. It can be super frustrating.

On another note the burst rifle and variable rifle are SUPER over powered.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I hate the delayed damage in this version online. So many times I turn a corner or go behind cover while being shot then suddenly I'm down. It can be super frustrating.

On another note the burst rifle and variable rifle are SUPER over powered.

It's nothing good stealth gameplay and teamwork can't beat :)

What's kind of frustrating is people camping with their shotguns on safes-being-opened in interrogation mode. I think the shotguns are a bit OP, the range isn't as short as it should be for a 1 hit down.

This is a fine damn MP, I don't know what was I expecting when I started playing some weeks ago but it sure wasn't this.

It feels like a complete different experience than any other TPS MP game out there. It is sad that it isn't as popular as it should be or as I feel it should be.

My only issue with the mode is the weapons and perks DLC, I am fine with the cosmetics, but I can't stand the DLC weapons and perks it feels like the mode is pay to win.

What I found interesting is that ND aren't known for MP games/modes and it is obvious that the main focus of all their efforts where on the SP side of the game yet the MP feels incredible. I wonder if they will (if they haven't already) make a dedicated MP team, which could focus on polishing the MP side of their games just as much as their SP always is, because it feels like even though I love the MP mode there are tons of areas where the experience could be even better whit a little work.

Damn if I ever found you online I will run on the opposite direction. From all my time playing I only got one time where I killed all the enemy team with a single bomb, that was incredible.

Etnos

Banned
Not sure if necro-ing this thread but man... I've been playing Factions for a week, and ohh boy this is the most interesting multiplayer I have play in a while, I'll be adding dudes (ps4 ver) from the doc, hopefully some gaf dudes are still playing it.

Cheers !

LifeLike

Not sure if necro-ing this thread but man... I've been playing Factions for a week, and ohh boy this is the most interesting multiplayer I have play in a while, I'll be adding dudes (ps4 ver) from the doc, hopefully some gaf dudes are still playing it.

Cheers !

I'm still playing it and I think there is still A LOT of players out there.
It's just too good.

wowlace

I jumped back into this today after putting Destiny down and boy, that 60 fps is sex. This is how multiplayer should be. If any gaffers are out there looking for some teammates hit me up, I'll be playing regularly.

PSN - wowlace

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just... don't understand how to play this on Survivor. I need to watch some videos or something.

Top Bottom