• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Business

Was playing MP this weekend (PS3) and I don't know how many times I repeated the title of this thread. I think it's getting worst and worst, everybody runs, and runs in the most stupid way, like sprint for 2 seconds and crouch... are these guys even aware of how the game works? I've seen people trying to flank an unsuspecting enemy running, running to an enemy to shiv him from the back from 20 meters... People respawning and running mindlessly into combat, every time. I was in awe.

I like to play stealthy and there's nothing worst than work for a while on the map to get a good flanking position only to find a team mate doing pointless little short sprints around you giving away our position... I'd shiv them myself if I could.

Demetrius

Neo Member
Was playing MP this weekend (PS3) and I don't know how many times I repeated the title of this thread. I think it's getting worst and worst, everybody runs, and runs in the most stupid way, like sprint for 2 seconds and crouch... are these guys even aware of how the game works? I've seen people trying to flank an unsuspecting enemy running, running to an enemy to shiv him from the back from 20 meters... People respawning and running mindlessly into combat, every time. I was in awe.

I like to play stealthy and there's nothing worst than work for a while on the map to get a good flanking position only to find a team mate doing pointless little short sprints around you giving away our position... I'd shiv them myself if I could.

It's even worse on the PS4. I lost my voice yesterday screaming to my team to stop running, and nobody gave a shit. Someone even told me to go fuck myself and kept cursing at me with a broken English even after I told him why he shouldn't be running around like a moron.

Hopefully they'll learn with time.

Gray Matter

It's even worse on the PS4. I lost my voice yesterday screaming to my team to stop running, and nobody gave a shit. Someone even told me to go fuck myself and kept cursing at me with a broken English even after I told him why he shouldn't be running around like a moron.

Hopefully they'll learn with time.

They will. You can't succeed in this game by playing selfishly.

I've been working on my husband for quite awhile and I think a PS4 is on the horizon. I'm so glad I waited to play this game and never got it on PS3. I actually think I'm more excited for the multiplayer than anything else.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They will. You can't succeed in this game by playing selfishly.

Idk... best player in TLoU MP that I've seen on GAF is Killthee and he has solo mode basically engaged at all times. He will play in a team, sure, so long as the team follows him. lol Otherwise he'll just be trotting through the level wrecking fools. Hardly ever crouches. Just kinda jogs through the level with his semiauto, winning everything.

Quite a thing to witness.

(edit: He's not selfish though, don't want people to think that's what I was saying.)

Evolved1

Sometimes when you're married, having combined expenses requires a bit of effort to convince the other party certain extraneous purchases are worth the cost for all involved.

Business

You mean like the people who shoot immediately at anyone their teammate downs to steal the execution point because KDR ?

The worst is when they steal your down after you revive them. When you find someone who respects that, you found a friend.

Evolved1

The worst is when they steal your down after you revive them. When you find someone who respects that, you found a friend.

Part of it is selfishness or obliviousness of the player, and part of it is the poorly conceived meta game that has stupid shit like that hardwired into it. Who gives a fuck about some random from matchmaking getting his kill when Jimbomb from Facebook is starving and you need that execution because reasons.

Business

Part of it is selfishness or obliviousness of the player, and part of it is the poorly conceived meta game that has stupid shit like that hardwired into it. Who gives a fuck about some random from matchmaking getting his kill when Jimbomb from Facebook is starving and you need that execution because reasons.

Thats true, but come on, you know you are not pressed for executions on every single game, it's about the KDR 90% of the time.

Gray Matter

Idk... best player in TLoU MP that I've seen on GAF is Killthee and he has solo mode basically engaged at all times. He will play in a team, sure, so long as the team follows him. lol Otherwise he'll just be trotting through the level wrecking fools. Hardly ever crouches. Just kinda jogs through the level with his semiauto, winning everything.

(edit: He's not selfish though, don't want people to think that's what I was saying.)

Like you said, he isn't selfish. Some people just go out there and do whatever the fuck they want. If you have the skills to do that, go ahead. But if you're a beginner, do not be selfish.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

that actually sounds pretty "TLOU"

we are on the same team, but i will steal from you because my family comes first

DoomGyver

I need some psn friends that play this from 10pm-5am EST. If you're normally on during the night please add me. PSN ID Full-Recovery

That's why I pretty much only played Survivor and will continue to do so on PS4. With one life per round people actually care, they work together and they stay together.

Evolved1

That why I pretty much only played Survivor and will continue to do so on PS4. With one life per round people actually care, they work together and they stay together.

Yeah, but sometimes on survivor, if you have a good team it's a meta game death sentence.

Generally I avoid the meta game altogether, but I dread having to think about it again for the cosmetic unlocks (which I actually enjoy). Too bad they tied unlocks and rank to it.

That's why I pretty much only played Survivor and will continue to do so on PS4. With one life per round people actually care, they work together and they stay together.

Haha, I forgot that noobs are going to be on my team as much they will be easy pickings on the enemy team :p On PS3, the people that play are usually veterans, so the worst is that you get steamrolled...sometimes by rushers, but rushers who at least know what they are doing.

I hope ND has some kind of day one tutorial. Even if it's just a pop up before playing a match... I know the "don't run" advice is shown during loading screens, but that appears randomly. People need to learn the basics without jumping into the game itself

Yeah, but sometimes on survivor, if you have a good team it's a meta game death sentence.

Generally I avoid the meta game altogether, but I dread having to think about it again for the cosmetic unlocks (which I actually enjoy). Too bad they tied unlocks and rank to it.

Yeah I have to agree with that, but what I started doing was failing all opportunities to gain survivors to make it easier on myself in later weeks and saving the easiest challenges for the last couple weeks like revives and rifle downs.

I also like the cosmetics as well, I have the skull mask unlocked on PS3, sucks that I'll have to finish with 120? (can't remember the exact amount) survivors to get it again, it wasn't easy.

AKyemeni

Survivors I think is the worst mode and so easy to manipulate the welfare system compared to the other modes. It's also the easiest to win.

Tagg9

I've been looking forward to this so much. My PS3 broke before the last DLC pack came out for TLoU MP, and I couldn't be bothered to buy a new console just for it.

Counting down the hours until 5pm tomorrow...

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
1 more day!!! Just saw a vid of this game running in true 1080/60fps goodness and it had my jaw on the floor. Cannot fucking wait!

Wubbys

I just got a ps4 thanks to that absurd trade in glitch at bestbuy. I am wondering if I should buy this game. I already beat the story and dlc. I would primarily buy it for multiplayer. Do you think the game will have a healthy online population for a few months?

Gray Matter

I just got a ps4 thanks to that absurd trade in glitch at bestbuy. I am wondering if I should buy this game. I already beat the story and dlc. I would primarily buy it for multiplayer. Do you think the game will have a healthy online population for a few months?

The PS3 pool is still quite big, so think yes.

Vitanimus

Haha yep. I remember this all too well. I miss the gaf party chat :(

That gore :(

Welp, at least I saved some money for something different.
Where can we enlist our butts?

I'm a little turned off by the gore as well, to be honest. I don't remember it being as... grotesque on the PS3, but maybe I just have a selective memory.

Bruticuz

Banned
Question was it confirmed that The Last of US EU version will be censored ?
And is it EU as a whole or only Germany.
If its censored i will buy the US version.
And then the second question, is there much lag on those servers or even if i buy the US version can i still play with EU based players.
Much thanks in advance.

Alienous

I had the EU PS3 version, and I'm yet to have the EU PS4 version, but from what I've seen I prefer the lack of gore.

Blowing someone's head off, especially in how they do it, is more cartoony than visceral, to me. The cinematic sense of violence is better portrayed by a violent head jerking and blood splatter.

Åesop;122974336 said:
here you go

eGlYJvD.png

https://twitter.com/Rekliss/status/493639119948365824

I got that error last night on the PS3 version after I finished day 7 of Week 12 for the first time.
The trophy popped, but instead of an ending (assuming you get one for surviving the 12 weeks) I got an error message and booted from the online mode :lol.

funkypie

Banned
Question was it confirmed that The Last of US EU version will be censored ?
And is it EU as a whole or only Germany.
If its censored i will buy the US version.
And then the second question, is there much lag on those servers or even if i buy the US version can i still play with EU based players.
Much thanks in advance.

all EU versions are censored because of germany.

there are no servers, buying the US version just means that words like centre will be showed as center should you choose to use subtitles.

the search feature puts you to the best connections I believe, so that would be local first.

Bruticuz

Banned

there are no servers, buying the US version just means that words like centre will be showed as center should you choose to use subtitles.

the search feature puts you to the best connections I believe, so that would be local first.

Many thanks, so US version for me it is.

Added myself to the doc and the PSN account. Steelbook comes on wednesday. PS3 mp 'till then.
I suck a bit :p haven't played it since last year.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

That's not true.. Germany would accept the gore if Sony/ Naughty Dog would actually submit the uncensored version for once. They never did

Jinjo

Is it me or is PS3 multi especially laggy lately? People getting killed but remaining in limbo forever etc.

Also, even on PS3, the runners are everywhere lol. If you wanna shiv, just walk. Slap on agility and you never ever need to run again, have patience for god's sake.

Top Bottom