• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Does anyone know if party chat disables the in-game chat?

I'm using party chat right now to talk to a friend and I don't see any flashing mic icon next to my name. I see other people with mics, but I cannot hear them.

How is it supposed to work?

They will. You can't succeed in this game by playing selfishly.

You can though. I originally never ran but towards the end of my play time I got good enough at it that I could flank and rush multiple enemies. You can't run all the time but on some maps you always have a general idea of where the enemy is.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if party chat disables the in-game chat?

I'm using party chat right now to talk to a friend and I don't see any flashing mic icon next to my name. I see other people with mics, but I cannot hear them.

How is it supposed to work?

You can switch the priority between ingame-chat and party chat in your party (left side). Looks like you can only have one enabled

Survivors I think is the worst mode and so easy to manipulate the welfare system compared to the other modes. It's also the easiest to win.

I wish they redid Survivors. I would love it if they limited the loadouts/boosters to make for a very barebones game. Give that mode its own rules instead of forcing the same system on all three modes.

Gray Matter

You can though. I originally never ran but towards the end of my play time I good enough that I could you flank and rush multiple enemies. Its definitely a mid you can't run all the time but on some maps you always have a general idea of where the enemy is.

But only of you're good enough. And even them is very difficult.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
So close.. hype intensifies
t1406606400z1.png

ivFwTZEqZy7LR.gif

Gator86

Was playing the ps3 version to refamiliarize myself with the game and my god, I forgot how janky it can be. The melee is such a random clusterfuck. I just called it a day after hitting a guy in the crotch with a molotov and having it do no damage to him. Still hyped to play this later tonight but the rose tinted lens have cleared up a bit.

Åesop;123085810 said:
the US gore edition of course.. ༼ つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽つ straight into my ***. #SIMFA
Question (that's probably been answered), but does the US digital edition lack censoring? I read Twitch comments (yes, Twitch lol) where they said the digital version will be censored.

Am I right to assume that the DLC weapons are being charged for?

People who purchased on PS3 get it on PS4, right?

Still, it just feels crappy to me that some people wont have all the weapons, especially since the Full Auto Rifle is behind a paywall!

How does it work? Is there another season pass? Am I mistaken? There is 80 pieces of DLC/microtransactions on the store already... are the boosters also behind a paywall?

Gray Matter

Am I right to assume that the DLC weapons are being charged for?

People who purchased on PS3 get it on PS4, right?

Still, it just feels crappy to me that some people wont have all the weapons, especially since the Full Auto Rifle is behind a paywall!

How does it work? Is there another season pass? Am I mistaken? There is 80 pieces of DLC/microtransactions on the store already... are the boosters also behind a paywall?

There are so many because you can either buy them together or separately.

Also, if you bought them in PS3, you can get them for free on PS4

I guess my chances at the multiplayer trophies are higher if I play with you guys, right?

I don't really like filling up my friends list with random people though. Wish they had some clan system.

nero2082

for the love of god please stop running

why stop? that's a legit strategy, I do it on purpose to lure players into certain area while my buddies keep watch on what's going on

I agree that 95% of times running is used in a stupid way, but there is an option to be smart about it

Gator86

Have to say the game feels completely different now. Aiming and movement are ridiculously smooth and everything seems to flow a lot better. This is a great remaster and I'm looking forward to playing it until Diablo and Destiny drop.

funkypie

Banned
Wow took me a game to remember how to play this. That smooth 60fps tho.

Trying to use mic and its just morons who have static spewing out.

karma2578

Ok bit of a noob question but this is my first us digital download. I can play story on us account but when I sign in with my uk account it asks for a licence, is that only because the game is still downloading multiplayer and dlc?

rafaelr

Ok bit of a noob question but this is my first us digital download. I can play story on us account but when I sign in with my uk account it asks for a licence, is that only because the game is still downloading multiplayer and dlc?

have you made your console the "primary" for your us account yet? that should allow you to play the game with your uk account.

Gator86

I forgot how infuriating this game is playing solo.

I actually had an amazing night partying with randoms. Everyone was ridiculously nice and cooperative. Even the people who were miserable at the game seemed into it.

It was the polar opposite of the Destiny beta with randoms I was playing the last few days. That might me want to run into traffic. Just soul crushing awful.

funkypie

Banned
I actually had an amazing night partying with randoms. Everyone was ridiculously nice and cooperative. Even the people who were miserable at the game seemed into it.

It was the polar opposite of the Destiny beta with randoms I was playing the last few days. That might me want to run into traffic. Just soul crushing awful.

not fun though when you lose 0-20.

guys all solo, not communicating and just running everywhere :/

Vaga

Yes sir, I guess they realized the MP DLC trophies were too fucking hard. Now it's just getting 5 kills/downs.

Now it's too fuckin easy. It wasn't difficult to get 3 kills without dying, it was hard to actually get to play on certain maps because of that stupid voting system.

funkypie

Banned
Did they remove the ability to see when your own mic is picking up sound? I can't tell if my mic is being picked up in the lobby.

Top Bottom