• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
played my first match this morning

😍

dat frame rate

😍😍

dat whole-team-crouch-creep

😍😍😍

can't wait to start playing with GAF

doomquake

o7 reporting in!
Had lots of fun in the ps3 version and looking forward to some more with this remaster. Im in EU but on an NA psn account. Wonder if I get all that crazy gore..i dont remember it from ps3.
am i the only one that likes tlou multiplayer more than the single player?

Gbraga

When you say "stop running", you mean regular moving running or using the sprint button?

Like, should I be crouching the whole time?

Why is the Hermes delivery guy still not here? WHY???

I'm getting sick of watching streams of bad players on twitch :(

But on the other hand the last night I got destroyed by lvl380 players on PS3. I can handle those guys on PS4 right now :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This is now my main MP game... the fucking framerate man, changes everything.

Played my first round, rifle felt awesome. Had a nice little late game run that put us back in the match... still lost, but randoms, you know?

Anyway, I'll post some highlights later.

JB1981

This is now my main MP game... the fucking framerate man, changes everything.

Played my first round, rifle felt awesome. Had a nice little late game run that put us back in the match... still lost, but randoms, you know?

Anyway, I'll post some highlights later.

oh man can't wait. how do the controls feel with the DS4?

Evolved1

Actually, I'm fumbling a bit since they switched the shoulder buttons around... but it feels pretty great otherwise.

The difference of 60fps can not be overstated.

My only complaint is that there seems to be (like Destiny) a sticky aim assist that you cannot disable. And I just do not need that shit, it actually makes aiming harder because it's pulling against me all the time. Would be nice to turn it off, but at least it's not nearly as obnoxious as it is in Destiny.

Actually, I'm fumbling a bit since they switched the shoulder buttons around... but it feels pretty great otherwise.

The difference of 60fps can not be overstated.

My only complaint is that there seems to be (like Destiny) a sticky aim assist that you cannot disable. And I just do not need that shit, it actually makes aiming harder because it's pulling against me all the time. Would be nice to turn it off, but at least it's not nearly as obnoxious as it is in Destiny.

You can change the shoulder buttons from the Options.

When I run, NOT sprint, do I show up on the mini map?

funkypie

Banned

I found it hard at first. how everything works in TLOU works perfectly on a DS3.

because the DS 4 is larger it felt weird at first when changing weapons with the d pad etc. Also now that the track pad brings up crafting and options is pause.

Evolved1

You can change the shoulder buttons from the Options.

When I run, NOT sprint, do I show up on the mini map?

Depends. There are certain perks that give players additional situational awareness... just proximity can reveal you on the radar if they're spec'd for it. But most of those are pretty expensive, so rare.

Generally, you'll show up on the radar if you sprint, or fire a weapon.

You will be vulnerable to enemy wallhack at all times unless you have Covert 2 or better equipped. If you don't, crouch-walking is fucking pointless. I don't think a lot of people really understand that.

It's about as dumb as mashing triangle to pick up stuff... crouch-walk is just slow and annoying if you don;t have Covert 2.

Does it matter what faction we choose if I want to play with other people on gaf? What's everyone going?

Faction is irrelevant. Whatever faction you choose is how you'll see your teammates and enemies. What they picked doesn't matter from your perspective.

Evolved1

Hey OP will you please bold the PSN IDs column in the google doc? The Neogaf ID I guess are fine as is, but it's hard to read the PSN ID as they are.

Depends. There are certain perks that give players additional situational awareness... just proximity can reveal you on the radar if they're spec'd for it. But most of those are pretty expensive, so rare.

Generally, you'll show up on the radar if you sprint, or fire a weapon.

You will be vulnerable to enemy wallhack at all times unless you have Covert 2 or better equipped. If you don't, crouch-walking is fucking pointless. I don't think a lot of people really understand that.

It's about as dumb as mashing triangle to pick up stuff... crouch-walk is just slow and annoying if you don;t have Covert 2.

Faction is irrelevant. Whatever faction you choose is how you'll see your teammates and enemies. What they picked doesn't matter from your perspective.

Thanks man appreciate it.

It would be a lot better if y'all can change the OT to don't sprint instead of run :p

Crumbtiny

Never played MP on PS3 but now I'm excited to check it out. Just a few noob questions!

Evolved mentioned a "wallhack" in an above post. What is this?

Do you have character whose appearance you can customize? I see people wearing hats and masks and such in gameplay vids.

And it sounds like there are a few perks? Do you have a character who you select a few perks for or can you have different loadouts?

6 more hours of work, stop by Target to get a mic, then eagerly wait on delivery guy! Thanks for getting me hyped for this GAF. And for getting me through the work day!

While I'm on PS3 and will likely be staying on PS3 so I can't join you guys, I will say that running does have its uses. For example, if you want the 2x4 (insta-down when modified, hard to waste unlike molotovs/bombs if you can get close) in Survivors, running to reach it is necessary(Tip: To save time, don't even touch your own item boxes). At the very least, you will want to deny the enemy since, as veterans can tell you, getting whacked is the worst feeling.

And if you're the type who likes attention, by all means, do run and create noise when possible. Just do it away from your teammates so the enemy will only focus on you. That way, your stealthier teammates can stop crouch-walking everywhere (The enemy will not listen for them when they're already busy trying to kill you) to reach effective flanking positions quickly.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Can't fucking wait to get on some mp tonight! Played one match at like 2:00am yesterday and it was fucking amazing, looks soooooo good and ran perfectly. I'll be spending a lot of time with this one.

Business

While I'm on PS3 and will likely be staying on PS3 so I can't join you guys, I will say that running does have its uses. For example, if you want the 2x4 (insta-down when modified, hard to waste unlike molotovs/bombs if you can get close) in Survivors, running to reach it is necessary(Tip: To save time, don't even touch your own item boxes). At the very least, you will want to deny the enemy since, as veterans can tell you, getting whacked is the worst feeling.

And if you're the type who likes attention, by all means, do run and create noise when possible. Just do it away from your teammates so the enemy will only focus on you. That way, your stealthier teammates can stop crouch-walking everywhere (The enemy will not listen for them when they're already busy trying to kill you) to reach effective flanking positions quickly.

Yeah I don't think anyone says you can't run at all. I run at the start, when I stun shiv someone, when I run for my life or when I want to draw the enemy into a bomb I left, to avoid the enemy reviving someone or when a teammate needs quick help. But that's pretty much it.

Does it matter what faction we choose if I want to play with other people on gaf? What's everyone going?

I'm pretty sure factions don't matter in terms of matchmaking--you're essentially just choosing a team skin for the entirety of your "campaign"

So if you pick Hunter, you can get matched up with people who picked Firefly--they'll just appear on your team as Hunters.

LtOrange

I made a huge mistake by trying out the multiplayer before I dove into the story. I can't put the multiplayer down even though I am getting completely slaughtered every match. It is so refreshing to play a mp shooter that is really challenging and almost overwhelming to a beginner. I love it!

K_B

I made a huge mistake by trying out the multiplayer before I dove into the story. I can't put the multiplayer down even though I am getting completely slaughtered every match. It is so refreshing to play a mp shooter that is really challenging and almost overwhelming to a beginner. I love it!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who felt a bit overwhelmed. It really is a lot of fun anyway though.

Top Bottom