• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

SZips

As far as I can tell... No.

Typically unlocks say:

[Resource/Needed Resources] to Unlock.

However 8 of the perks say: X to purchase and bring up the PSN store.

And if you want said perks and weapons it sets you back... $14.

What the fuck. I'm fine with cosmetic things for multiplayer costing a few bucks but not something like that.

I noticed no one till now seem to respond to me saying that. I was looking forward to getting the perk agility... And then I noticed I had to pay for it...

Seriously, this is selling power bullshit.
Nobody responded because it's old news to many of us and its been talked to death already (again, by PS3 users). They added those purchasable perks just a few short months ago and has been agreed upon by many that the perks and weapons are not unbalanced. I can't say I'm as upset as someone playing for the first time, because I don't view it as locked out content on day one, but as dlc released almost a year after the game was released.

Personally, I don't find it as a fault because I just don't view any weapon or item as OP or game breaking. But that's me. I understand why you're upset though and it SHOULD have been free for everyone, period.

Korten

Banned
Nobody responded because it's old news to many of us and its been talked to death already (again, by PS3 users). They added those purchasable perks just a few short months ago and has been agreed upon by many that the perks and weapons are not unbalanced. I can't say I'm as upset about as someone playing for the first time, because I don't view it as locked out content on day one, but as dlc released almost a year after the game was released.

Personally, I don't find it as a fault because I just don't view any weapon or item as OP or game breaking. But that's me. I understand why you're upset though and it SHOULD have been free for everyone, period.

It just sucks that this is the "Remastered" version, basically a GOTY version for PS4, and there is DLC for Multiplayer that isn't cosmetic that isn't included. :(

Zornack

If anyone interested in skipping the search for a game and instead doing a private match send me a message on PSN (PSN ID: Zornack).

GQman2121

Banned
Playing with random people, with no mics, running all over the fucking place is the worst. I do love that I can send voice messages to these people explaining why they're dying so much though.

Does anyone need another gun?

Zornack

Playing with random people, with no mics, running all over the fucking place is the worst. I do love that I can send voice messages to these people explaining why they're dying so much though.

Does anyone need another gun?

Sure, what's your ID? Or just send a friend request PSN ID: Zornack

EL CUCO

MP is running like shit tonight. I've played like 1 game in the last hour.

Damn that sucks. I've been able to get in a bunch of matches after the connection issue was resolved. But ND does need to fix this, the matchmaking was pretty trash on the PS3. I cant imagine it'd go on long like this now that it's on PS4

EL CUCO

Closing the night with this one
dU26aFo.jpg

Not too many kills but 0 deaths pleases me.
Really glad Sony decided to put this game on PS4 :D

ramuh

How are you guys liking the different modes? I think I like Interrogation and "team deathmatch" equally.

Although Interrogation has a whole new spin on it.. Don't be left alone to be captured.. but you can also screw up by having three of your dudes blasted and there goes three ticks toward finding the crate.

I haven't dove into multiplayer yet but is buying it as DLC really the only way to unlock something that seems like a basic, almost essential gameplay mechanic? I mean, there's no way to unlock it later just through progression, just a DLC purchase?

No. These perks and weapons came as DLC on PS3. PS3 upgraders get it for free. Brand new players on PS4 don't. It's an incredibly crappy thing to do to both balance and people expecting to buy what is supposed to be a complete upgrade. They should be getting flak for it, but the MP is not popular enough, so most wont pick up on it.

Nobody responded because it's old news to many of us and its been talked to death already (again, by PS3 users). They added those purchasable perks just a few short months ago and has been agreed upon by many that the perks and weapons are not unbalanced. I can't say I'm as upset as someone playing for the first time, because I don't view it as locked out content on day one, but as dlc released almost a year after the game was released.

This is true on PS3. But not on PS4. The PS4 edition may have a single player pool, but they are just really being greedy by charging again for DLC that ought to be included. I know this isn't a GOTY edition or an "Ultimate edition", but I feel it is telling of how bad DLC has gotten on consoles.

One of the weapons that is in the DLC is the only automatic primary gun in the game. That gun is no slouch either. When new players get killed by this gun, as they will, they are going to see that they can never have it unless they pay. That's not a competitive MP. That's just straight up EA-level nonsense.

A game like Last of Us already has so few weapons, and each weapon makes a significant difference. You have weapons that fill a certain, significant role, whether it is the semi-automatic, the burst rifle, or the hunter rifle.

Then you have a weapon like the fully autmatic rifle behind a paywall. It just makes the significance of the weapon balance worse. It's not like Battlefield where you have hundreds of meaningless and similar weapons, and where the gun DLC doesn't feel so significant. But hey, even with a game like Battlefield, they release a GOTY Edition a year later that includes all the DLC for free.

Last of Us comes out again a year later, and continues to charge for content that already existed. That just rubs me the wrong way, and I care a lot because I have put a whole lot of time in the multiplayer.

The perks that are behind a paywall:

*Executioner (1 / 3 / 4 LP)

Level 1 - Earn double the parts for shiv kills.
Level 2 - Earn 50% more parts for special executions or interrogations, double the parts for shiv kills and get an extra shiv use every time you craft a shiv.
Level 3 - Earn double the parts for special executions or interrogations, double the parts for shiv kills and get 2 extra shiv uses every time you craft a shiv.
*Scavenger (3 / 4 / 5 LP)

Level 1 - Enemies drop 50% more ammo.
Level 2 - Automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills and enemies drop double the ammo.
Level 3 - Enemies sometimes drop a random crafting item, and automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills and enemies drop double the ammo.
*Damage Marker (3 / 4 LP)

Level 1 - Any damages dealt marks the target who receives the damage.
Level 2 - Earn double the parts for marking and any damages dealt marks the target who receives the damage.
*Awareness (1 / 3 LP)

Level 1 - Enemy nametags remain on screen for 5 seconds when you take damage.
Level 2 - Enemy nametags appear on screen at twice the normal distance and remain on screen when you take damage for 10 seconds.
*Fortitude (1 / 2 / 3 LP)

Level 1 - Bleed out time is increased by 25% and slightly increased downed crawling speed.
Level 2 - Earn 25 parts after healing more than half health and carry an extra health pack. Downed health is increased and bleed out time is increased by 35% along with even faster downed crawling speed.
Level 3 - Start with a health pack. Earn 50 parts after healing more than half health and carry an extra health pack. Downed health is increased and bleed out time is increased by 50% along with much faster downed crawling speed.
*Gunslinger (2 / 3 / 4)

Level 1 - Pistol ammo is increased by 30% at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
Level 2 - Pistol ammo is increased by 70% at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
Level 3 - Pistol ammo is doubled at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
*Bomb Expert (2 / 3 / 5)

Level 1 - Smoke bombs and bombs have a slightly shorter fuse when thrown.
Level 2 - Placed bombs. thrown smoke bombs and bombs have an even shorter fuse.
Level 3 - You are immune to the stun of your own smoke bombs. placed bombs. thrown smoke bombs and bombs have a very short fuse.
*Agility (2 / 3 / 4)

Level 1 - Crouch walk and climb slightly faster.
Level 2 - Walk, climb and crouch walk even faster.
Level 3 - You are nearly impossible to hear while moving. Walk, climb and crouch walk very quickly.

I find some of those pretty significant/game defining.

I just think it's a shitty thing to do to new players. On top of that, there is more map DLC on the way that they are going to charge for.

I hope this isn't seen as derailing the thread, but I am pretty annoyed and sad to see people not giving a damn. I suspect that is because most of the diehards already bought this on PS3 and got the free upgrade. I just think for new fans, it's not fair, and they are unaware since they are still learning the game.

Are all those weapon dlc's for MP or story mode ? Also i thought we got all the prior dlc in the remastered edition ? Why is there still so many up for sale?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Didn't play a lick of MP when I played the PS3 version. Now diving into it. What do I need to know, GAF? I'm used to shooters like BF and CoD, but I gather the tactics there won't work here.

Also signed up for the docs. Wish me luck!

Alright who wants to make a TLOU Tournament :D

If this happens I may have to jump on the game sooner rather than later D:

I think this could be a lot of fun, I always wanted to play a competitive tournament, but the PS3 MP was never as popular so early on.

GQman2121

Banned
Didn't play a lick of MP when I played the PS3 version. Now diving into it. What do I need to know, GAF? I'm used to shooters like BF and CoD, but I gather the tactics there won't work here.

Slow and steady wins the race. Communication is the key.

Zornack

Are all those weapon dlc's for MP or story mode ? Also i thought we got all the prior dlc in the remastered edition ? Why is there still so many up for sale?

MP but unless I'm mistaken you get all of it through the multiplayer unlock progression. There aren't any maps, weapons or perks you have to buy your way into, just helms and early unlocks.

Gaz_RB

If this happens I may have to jump on the game sooner rather than later D:

I think this could be a lot of fun, I always wanted to play a competitive tournament, but the PS3 MP was never as popular so early on.

Me and some fellow Gaffers were playing MP and said the same thing! We also need a GAF clan 1 through like 25. (groups of 4). :)

Hmmm I'd be down to try to organize it if there was enough interest.

I'm going to do a newbie tips write up. I'll post that tomorrow.

Moofers

I posted newbie tips and suggested they get put in the OP but nobody listened to me.

I'm on right now. Doing about 3 more matches before bed. Fuckin awesome times. Im getting my groove back already!

MP but unless I'm mistaken you get all of it through the multiplayer unlock progression. There aren't any maps, weapons or perks you have to buy your way into, just helms and early unlocks.

Like I posted above, I am fairly certain they are charging for the only automatic rifle in the game + another weapon or two + a bunch of boosters. These were DLC on PS3, and it's free if you bought on PS3, but they are charging the new players for it.

Korten

Banned

You're mistaken, there is some weapons and perks behind a paywall.

I don't remember enjoying the multiplayer in the PS3 version as much as I am right now. Granted I'm only playing Interrogation at the moment since that's the only mode the servers seem to want to let me play and I never tried that mode on PS3, but it's an absolute blast. Can definitely see myself sinking some serious time into it.

Jeramii

Banned
I played for a little bit last night. Out of 6 matches that I played, 4 of them were Bus Depot.. *__*

I have a feeling I'm never going to get to play levels like Subway again.

Top Bottom