• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Its the only thing I didn't do on the PS3 version, so I am looking forward to playing MP on PS4.

Please add me! DC_Cha_Cha_Cha

So this 12 week setup in the game, is that a real 12 weeks? I did browse the Trophy list after doing all of the SP stuff and it sounded quite complex.

Gray Matter

Its the only thing I didn't do on the PS3 version, so I am looking forward to playing MP on PS4.

Please add me! DC_Cha_Cha_Cha

So this 12 week setup in the game, is that a real 12 weeks? I did browse the Trophy list after doing all of the SP stuff and it sounded quite complex.

One match=12 days.

BurakkuEmparaa

Neo Member
I saw some people in the OT mentioning people in Europe would be able to play the uncut multiplayer by making a US account. However, would I need a second PS+-subscription to be able to play online? And does Sony even allow something like that?

I didn´t find anything via search and these Threads are getting way too big to scroll through every page, so I hope someone can help me.

I don´t want to play the censored version again. :( (I´m in Germany btw)

Korten

Banned
I understand the want to play cautiously, but jesus it';s getting annoying how people will just sit back and not aid their team mates when they make perfect moments for them to come in and clean up.

Cudder

I forget, how many events are there during the 12 weeks that put you at risk of losing 100% population? 3?

I think the tagging challenge is easiest for those.

benzy

ibtjdyeNtb2Nt3.gif

Lol, is that in the game?

Zornack

Well after that atrocious first game we rolled fools for a few hours. Good games, fellas.

I saw some people in the OT mentioning people in Europe would be able to play the uncut multiplayer by making a US account. However, would I need a second PS+-subscription to be able to play online? And does Sony even allow something like that?

I didn´t find anything via search and these Threads are getting way too big to scroll through every page, so I hope someone can help me.

I have no idea if it lets you play uncensored but I'm 99% sure that a single PS+ account allows any account on the system to play multiplayer.

GQman2121

Banned
Well after that atrocious first game we rolled fools for a few hours. Good games, fellas.

Definitely. We'll do it again soon.

You make a US account.

You download the game.

You logout of your US account and log into your EU account that has your PS+ subscription.

You play the game.

That's it.

This mp is extremely fun. Damn, so awesome for me and my friend to se teamwork and get out of tough situations. It's a great feeling to be tactical and succeed.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Lol damn me and my buddy were getting our asses kicked all night. Must of lost like 7 games in a row. Decided to do one more game before headed to bed and had my best match yet. Down a player and facing a 0-3 deficit in survivors we straight came back and won that shit 4-3! Best video game achievement for me in a while haha. Was killing dudes left and right.

Fucking looooove this mp!!

ARlZcS.jpg

BurakkuEmparaa

Neo Member
Thank you so much GQman2121 and Zornack for the quick answers! Downloading right now, pretty hyped. Last of Us' MP was the only online mode in a shooter I really liked, looking forward to sinking many more hours into it, finally in 60fps. :D

hesido

The multiplayer seems to be very good but we should not support the DLC perks, like at all. A few cosmetic stuff, some different weapons (not overpowered) could be in DLC but the perks seem like a pay to win structure which gives serious advantage to its users. Pay to win, in a near full price game, is not something to look forward to in the future. It's not like they have to recoup money on a free to play game.

Wow the 60 fps on this multi is amazing.

Lots of new players though. Hopefully the skill level doesn't take too long to rise. I stuck with the game pretty often throughout the past year so I'm definitely at a big advantage, but it kind of stinks knowing you're beating up a bunch of newcomers who probably aren't having the best experience.

Love the multi, but it is a bit buggy. The game just crashed on me. It gave me an error message and kicked me all the way back to the ps4 dashboard (or whatever it's called.)
Felt like a PC game crash.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Wow, embarrassing how much content is locked behind a paywall.

ND is such a great developer, sucks their attitude towards MP DLC is so shitty.

Regardless, I'm still having a blast and I'm slowly getting better.
Me too. Like really really bad.

i need to figure out which perks are good for my play style, and how the overall "flow" of combat goes. i find myself getting killed during revives/executions too often.

Same but as long as your having fun who gives a shit :)

yerp

Enjoyed grouping with ya tonight, brother.
I am really enjoying this MP although I'm gettin' wrecked.

To sum tonight up, shiv & molotav 10, Daximuss 0.

yeah for sure dude. i'll pull my weight next time, honest!

Gave this a shot last night.

Yeah I think I can see myself sticking with this for awhile.

Add me if you don't mind teaching a newb wtf he's donig.

WHOAguitarninja

I'll add myself to the google doc tonight when I get home from work.

The supply drops are instanced, right? I'm not a jerk for taking everything in the box?

It took me exactly three games to get back into my revive-heal-bomb trap mindset.

I forgot how fun this is, even solo when playing like this. Already got a triple-molotov kill from a team "sticking together".

Zareth

I feel like an idiot but for the life of me I can't figure out how you use med-packs on your teammates. If anyone could please tell me how it would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like an idiot but for the life of me I can't figure out how you use med-packs on your teammates. If anyone could please tell me how it would be greatly appreciated.

You have to use First-Aid level 2, it costs 4 points.

From there all you have to do is hold X near an injured team mate!

So it doesn't use any first aid kits at all? not yours or your teammates? Seems OP.

Nope, it's slow until you use level 3. The downside is also you have to be close so if an enemy lobs a bomb or molotov your way they will almost always get a 2 for 1.

Plus, you would be surprised how little people want to play supporting characters, it's not an issue.

chippy13

Gave this a shot last night.

Yeah I think I can see myself sticking with this for awhile.

Add me if you don't mind teaching a newb wtf he's donig.

WHOAguitarninja

I'll add myself to the google doc tonight when I get home from work.

The supply drops are instanced, right? I'm not a jerk for taking everything in the box?

Everyone gets their own box, it's all yours.

Gbraga

From the few matches I've played, I think one thing I need to get used to is finalizing people by shooting them. I know I should be doing this, but the moment someone drops and starts crawling away, I just go after them to execute and end up dying.

I played around four matches yesterday, and while I still suck at it, it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to play some more today.

From the few matches I've played, I think one thing I need to get used to is finalizing people by shooting them. I know I should be doing this, but the moment someone drops and starts crawling away, I just go after them to execute and end up dying.

Better yet, let them crawl away and chuck a bomb in that direction. Usually people crawl to team mates for revives, potential two for one business.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OK played 2 matches before work. Finally starting to get the hang of it, and with no parties I'm not playing dudes who know these
maps like the back of their hand.

Ooooooooooh. I was about to ask in what ways I should be using the bombs.

I can already taste the salt.
Bombs and molotovs are also great for flushing people out of cover. As soon as you get into a standoff with a particularly defensive opponent just whip out one of those bad boys it toss it their way.

I played a couple of rounds solo last night in the no party match making. out of 2-3 rounds I had 1 down. Kinda depressing but somehow I want to keep trying. I want to get better at this as it still seems seriously fun.

I started with the hunting rifle and it took too long to get off two rounds IMO. The down I did get was with the revolver.

What seemed to happen the most was that as I was scanning my environment I would look one way and see nothing and then when I turned to look the other direction I would be taken out from the direction I just cleared
or didn't clear obviously

I didn't really use listen mode at all, I think because I am playing my campaign on hard with listen mode off so I keep forgetting about it in MP. Is it really helpful?

I played a couple of rounds solo last night in the no party match making. out of 2-3 rounds I had 1 down. Kinda depressing but somehow I want to keep trying. I want to get better at this as it still seems seriously fun.

I started with the hunting rifle and it took too long to get off two rounds IMO. The down I did get was with the revolver.

What seemed to happen the most was that as I was scanning my environment I would look one way and see nothing and then when I turned to look the other direction I would be taken out from the direction I just cleared
or didn't clear obviously

I didn't really use listen mode at all, I think because I am playing my campaign on hard with listen mode off so I keep forgetting about it in MP. Is it really helpful?
Listen mode is extremely helpful. You should get used to regularly using it to check for nearby enemy movement.

If I recall correctly it became less important in the PS3 version as time went on because the majority of the community was using the survival skill that makes you invisible to listen mode when crouch walking.

Listen mode is extremely helpful. You should get used to regularly using it to check for nearby enemy movement.

How long does it stay active for when its used? Can I scan around while it is active or is it just for a second or two? I am assuming that is how people are flanking me too. Since I am crouch walking most of the time I shouldn't appear on their radar, correct?

Top Bottom