• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

How long does it stay active for when its used? Can I scan around while it is active or is it just for a second or two? I am assuming that is how people are flanking me too. Since I am crouch walking most of the time I shouldn't appear on their radar, correct?
Basically you hold down the button to use it and you can use it for a few seconds. There is a meter next to your health that shows how much of it you have at any given time. I usually only activate it for a split second so that I can use it more frequently.

When you hold the button you instantly go into crouch walking movement. You can move and move the camera around while you are in listen mode.

While crouch walking you won't show up on the radar but you will show up in listen mode unless you have the Covert Training Level 2 survival skill equipped.

Strider

Just played my first MP game. Had no problems finding the match and ended up with a K/D of like 5.0. Not bad for the first game back!

I have stuff to do sadly but I'll be playing a bunch this afternoon/night I think. If you haven't yet add me to your friends list (I'm on the doc).

Jinjo

Lol, so many runners. Don't make me shoot you with my shotty when you come running 'round that corner. Don't do it, young blood.

Also, why are the dlc items not up in the eu store? I need mah hats.

I got my covert training 2 and sileneced semi back. It feels good to be king stealth again.

If I buy the Enforcer for use from the PSN store, is it equippable for use like the shorty pistol or do you have to buy it with parts during a match like El Diablo? I thought it was the first, but the description of it in the store makes it sound like the second.

I got my covert training 2 and sileneced semi back. It feels good to be king stealth again.

If I buy the Enforcer for use from the PSN store, is it equippable for use like the shorty pistol or do you have to buy it with parts during a match like El Diablo? I thought it was the first, but the description of it in the store makes it sound like the second.

It's a standard sidearm, you don't have to buy it during the match.

nicolajNN

Lol, so many runners. Don't make me shoot you with my shotty when you come running 'round that corner. Don't do it, young blood.

Also, why are the dlc items not up in the eu store? I need mah hats.

They should be up now, though they only appear to be in the in-game store

I stopped playing on PS3 before they added all of the PSN microtransactions. Is all of that stuff (skills, weapons) still stuck behind a paywall? If so that is incredibly lame...

I love teammates that execute the enemy instead of reviving you.
Best part is:

Execution = 50
Special Execution = 75
Revive = 100

They would get more parts for reviving you, haha. Idiots.

I love teammates that execute the enemy instead of reviving you.

It is even better when your buddy tries to execute while there is another guy right nearby on radar. Ffs just let the man bleed out or shoot him. The extra death in supply raid isn't worth the bonus parts.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Best part is:

Execution = 50
Special Execution = 75
Revive = 100

They would get more parts for reviving you, haha. Idiots.
Yep.
It is even better when your buddy tries to execute while there is another guy right nearby on radar. Ffs just let the man bleed out or shoot him. The extra death in supply raid isn't worth the bonus parts.
Yeah, I usually just shoot people unless I know we wiped out their team.
If you're really close to each other, the triangle prompt becomes a real pain, so it might not have been intentional.

If he was across the map, then yeah they suck.
We were on separate sides of a room.

edit: The OT name is perfect, I keep having people that spring around the map.

alterswede

Neo Member
The servers are slammed in Europe. (i live in sweden)

Me, my neighbor and a friend who lives in germany cant find any games to join.
Stuck at "Searching for optimal game" and "Searching for close game"

The servers are slammed in Europe. (i live in sweden)

Me, my neighbor and a friend who lives in germany cant find any games to join.
Stuck at "Searching for optimal game" and "Searching for close game"

It was like that last night for US servers. This morning I was finding matches quickly however. I'm just hoping that the long queues don't return tonight.

Moofers

I played a couple of rounds solo last night in the no party match making. out of 2-3 rounds I had 1 down. Kinda depressing but somehow I want to keep trying. I want to get better at this as it still seems seriously fun.

I started with the hunting rifle and it took too long to get off two rounds IMO. The down I did get was with the revolver.

What seemed to happen the most was that as I was scanning my environment I would look one way and see nothing and then when I turned to look the other direction I would be taken out from the direction I just cleared
or didn't clear obviously

I didn't really use listen mode at all, I think because I am playing my campaign on hard with listen mode off so I keep forgetting about it in MP. Is it really helpful?

Yeah man, you should be using it all the time. When I was way into it last year I got very good at doing a "photograph" of listen mode. Basically, move to a new spot, hold the listen button for just a second, then move while kind of marking in your mind where you did or didn't see people. Keep stopping and listening for real brief moments so you can do it more often. Those long listens that fully drain your meter are less useful because of the possibility of flanking and whatnot being so likely.

Also, some people are really good with that hunting rifle, but I recommend trying the semi auto rifle. You can down a guy in just 3 shots if you hit them in the right place and those shots can be popped off quickly. Plus once you unlock the silencer, you can be a stealth machine. Its all I ever use unless I want to go nuts with specific perks in which case I go revolver only.

Keep at it. Half of this game is learning all the maps. Once you're familiar with where people could be coming from, it gets so much easier to feel alright about not looking behind you constantly. I didn't really play some of the last DLC maps so I'm way more out of my element on those than I am on The Dam or Checkpoint or the other classics.

Also, it'd be nice if the OP could get updated with tips for beginners. I keep posting the ones I wrote to the point where I'm worried a mod is going to yell at me, but people keep asking so I want to keep posting them.

So that said, here's a link to my tips for newcomers (older post from this thread)

Lucky Post #777 - Have at it, newcomers!

I love using a random class every week. It really helps to fulfill challenges by mixing up your gun usage. Hunting rifle one week, Semi Auto Next week,etc.

Gaz_RB

Are the purchasable skills in the psn store unlock able in game normally? If not, that's fucked up.

I think you can access them in the premade classes, they just aren't available to use in custom classes.

Yes, it's fucked up. The way ND did DLC for this game is crazy.

I think you can access them in the premade classes, they just aren't available to use in custom classes.

Yes, it's fucked up. The way ND did DLC for this game is crazy.

Yeah it's really fucked up, hopefully Naughty Dog gets enough negative feedback and changes it.

Thanks man, I could only play 1 match last night on a dark map so couldn't really tell.

So it doesn't use any first aid kits at all? not yours or your teammates? Seems OP.

Its not OP because its slow as hell at 4 points and while the 6 point version is really good...it costs 6 points. Which is a ton.

Toreal

I can not get a game in supply run, it just searches and searches but never finds a game for me.
With Survivors I get a game in 30 seconds, is this a bug or are just the servers getting hammered?

To anyone who doesn't know there's a ton of DLC that you have to ENABLE ON THE SEN STORE to access in the PS4 version. This is only for those who bought the season pass. Its really dumb and sort of shady as you might try to purchase something you already own.

Smidget

To anyone who doesn't know there's a ton of DLC that you have to ENABLE ON THE SEN STORE to access in the PS4 version. This is only for those who bought the season pass. Its really dumb and sort of shady as you might try to purchase something you already own.

Links to any? Preordered and saw them download in related items, but not sure how to get any of them to show up....

Basically you hold down the button to use it and you can use it for a few seconds. There is a meter next to your health that shows how much of it you have at any given time. I usually only activate it for a split second so that I can use it more frequently.

When you hold the button you instantly go into crouch walking movement. You can move and move the camera around while you are in listen mode.

While crouch walking you won't show up on the radar but you will show up in listen mode unless you have the Covert Training Level 2 survival skill equipped.

Awesome, thanks!! This helps a lot. I can't wait to to give it another go tonight. Maybe I can double my previous high in downs.
from 1 to 2 ;P

Anybody roll with the Enforcer handgun? It's freaking amazing! The upgrades make it god like. My entire party was running around with it last night. It's almost like we got the UC2 pistol back. Might try a class with just the Enforcer equipped. Hope they don't nerf it to hell and back.

Anybody roll with the Enforcer handgun? It's freaking amazing! The upgrades make it god like. My entire party was running around with it last night. It's almost like we got the UC2 pistol back. Might try a class with just the Enforcer equipped. Hope they don't nerf it to hell and back.

it's behind a pay-wall off course its gonna be gud

ksdixon

60fps on ps4 version is awesome. there were times i thought i was running, but it was just 60fps making your regular jog look faster.

The maps being in one pool helps mix things-up and not have as much repetition. Very awesome.

So far I can deal with aim/shoot being on the new L2/R2 buttons in single player. There it feels natural, like most other games having aim and shoot on the back two shoulder buttons. But in Factions mode, I'm still far to used to L1/R1 being aim/shoot through sheer muscle memory.

They've done something to the 'your teammate is downed' icon, adding more red and blue to it. I'm not sure what they're trying to show with the icon, but it's a little jarring... at least until I get used to it.

Unfortunately I've not been near an exploding nail bomb to see an enemy loose their legs, or done a large firearm special execution to see heads explode yet, now that i'm playing the uncensored USA version. Will have to change that soon and get in close etc. Pity I have to purchase the weapons/abilities again instead of getting them for free as part of the PS3 Season Pass, since I'm buying it on a different account, but I feel the gore will be worth it. Especially with the share button.

Talking of the share button... it's a bit hard to double-press it to initiate a video clip recording. A lot of the time I will either enter the share menu loads, or take multiple screenshots when trying to start a video clip. Default share settings are: press share = enter share menu, long press = take screenshot. Easy Screenshots share settings are: press share = take screenshot, long press = enter share menu. Start a video clip recording always = double press share button...

Luckily you don't always have to. The PS4 is always capturing footage, and it's already saved my ass. I wasn't recording a video already, but pulled off a cool shiv kill. I immediately hit the share button and 'saved video clip', which was the previous 15 minutes of play. One I get a USB pendrive into operation, I'll be sure to upload the clip.

Top Bottom