• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

^ I just wish you could press the share button to automatically capture and upload the last x seconds of footage, without going through the menu and taking yourself out of the game. Most of the footage people want to save are moments, not whole rounds of a match.

Anyways, for the newbies, what's your favourite map so far?

Majority of the people on PS3 seem to agree Lakeside is the greatest map. It was the De_Dust of Last of Us.

Three lanes of attack, a sniper perch in the middle, rooftops to climb, a blizzard that obstructs your view mid-game, nicely designed interior building in the middle that has awesome entry points, the whole Lakeside resort with two floors, the little house on the bottom that makes for some good hiding spots.

500px-The_Last_of_Us_-_The_Snow-Ridden_Map_Called_Lakeside.jpg

What maps have you taken a liking to?

Lakeside is still good, but it's starting to turn into a sniper fest. So boring sometimes.

University is my favorite map so far.

Good to know im not crazy. Lakeside is too narrow and promotes camping more than other maps.

High School and University are two of my favorites with Bills Town close behind.

Oh my god. Where to start?

Going from PS3 MP to PS4 MP... first match was a mess. 60 FPS was not my friend and my aiming was worse than ever. Was PS3 MP locked 30FPS? I'm not even used to the Dual Shock 4 so there was that too, I had to change the sensitivity to quite low to be able to aim properly. Not to mention the change of layout for controller. In 2nd match my friend told me I could change to the PS3 layout, which I did but then I started playing like the new layout xD

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
To anyone who doesn't know there's a ton of DLC that you have to ENABLE ON THE SEN STORE to access in the PS4 version. This is only for those who bought the season pass. Its really dumb and sort of shady as you might try to purchase something you already own.

I bought all of this shit yesterday... and I already have the season pass, :/

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It grinds my gears when a teammate runs to catch up to me, then crouch walks along with me. Especially when I'm in the process of flanking the enemy, but no.. now they know where both of us are. I need a nap.

This exact thing just happened to me. Ughhh

Moofers

I run all the time. If you're good enough go ahead.

Word. Everyone should be running at the start of the round to the nearest supply box. From there, you can usually dart part of the way to the next one as well. That's entirely up to you of course, but there's no reason NOT to sprint to the first one.

Besides, you move too slowly in this game and you're giving up too much of the field to the enemy. You wanna make sure you have some room behind you if you gotta fall back to a more advantageous position. All the classic maps (Dam, Checkpoint, etc) are laid out in such a way that you really can't afford to give up all the real estate by moving too slowly.

funkypie

Banned
It grinds my gears when a teammate runs to catch up to me, then crouch walks along with me. Especially when I'm in the process of flanking the enemy, but no.. now they know where both of us are. I need a nap.

Happened to me this morning. Guy runs up to me, gives us both away then the enemy throws a Molotov, both dead gg.

Moofers

I love guys like you, cuz I just hang back and wait for you to get killed while they expose their position and run out of ammo, and I swoop in for the free kills :)

Or they earn parts and buy armor, upgrades, more ammo, etc and have teammates remaining to help surround you. ;)

Jinjo

Is the Killer bundle DLC part of the season pass? I can access them on the ps3 for free but I have to pay for them if I want them on ps4, weird.

Moofers

I think EL CUCO and Exploratory should join a party with me and one other player so we can have a well-rounded team and dominate. ;)

AKyemeni

Varg

Banned
Had a horrible time last night trying to find games with my buddies. We got into two and had a blast. Pretty disappointed at the launch issues with matchmaking though.

This happens often. You CAN use this to your advantage though. The enemies see your team mate running, they don't actually know that there's two players in a certain area. Stick back or go back around another walkway to continue with a flanking strategy. With some luck and skill, you can still win an engagement.

The skill disparity between people who played the PS3 version and people who haven't is making things kinda rough. I'm seeing rank zero guys go double digit kills with one or no deaths.

The skill disparity between people who played the PS3 version and people who haven't is making things kinda rough. I'm seeing rank zero guys go double digit kills with one or no deaths.

That's to be expected though. It is like if someone picked up a CoD game for the first time compared to an expirenced CoD veteran. There is probably going to be a large skill gap. Once people start learning more of the fine tunings of the multiplayer the skill gap will begin to shrink.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So ND has shot down the idea of adding a new game mode? Why does everyone continue to neglect a tradition CTF type game.

It's good to see so many positive impressions. If word of mouth continues to spread that 1. TLOU has a multiplayer, and 2. It's actually fun, then we should continue to have a steady and active community for a while.

chri5t

Do you need to reach a certain level to unlock the DLC guns? I bought the Enforcer on the SEN store, but when I booted up Factions the gun still shows as locked and when I select it, it takes me to the Playstation Store where it says I've already purchased it.

I just wanna use the Enforcer!

"Pushing out another live update to TLOU: Remastered, continuing to work on the matchmaking issues people are having. Please reconnect to MP to get it. If you still aren't seeing it after that, restarting the game should snag it.

We're continuing to look into more issues with the matchmaking. Please keep posting here and in our other thread as you experience issues."

This is great if it actually made a difference. Anyone able to report on improvements to matchmaking?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Pardon if this has been covered, but if I had the season pass on PS3 how do I access the DLC for Remastered?

Top Bottom