• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Darksol

I've seen many a new player try and run and gun their way through matches. Meanwhile I move sneaky, find a point of advantage and try and pick them off with my bow ^-^

chaosaeon

Are the purchasable skills in the psn store unlock able in game normally? If not, that's fucked up.

Yes, it's fucked up. The way ND did DLC for this game is crazy.

Yeah it's really fucked up, hopefully Naughty Dog gets enough negative feedback and changes it.

Let's give them some negative feedback then.

I thought I was the only one. Paying real money to have access to weapons and perks that other people can't have unless they ALSO pay real money is what made me stop playing the PS3 version. I'm not paying real money to nullify someone else's advantage. When I'm playing a game and a new update comes up with things like "Rocket Launcher and Homing Missile DLC - $2.99" I no longer support that MP. Honestly it bothers me to see a company like ND do this, it's not what I would expect. And the worst thing was I saw a ton of people using them, so a ton of people bought them, sending the exact wrong message.

Pardon if this has been covered, but if I had the season pass on PS3 how do I access the DLC for Remastered?
Would love to know as well :) Thanks in advance!

On webstore, go to the last of us ps3 version > add ons. Click the down arrow with cart icon on season pass dlc you want on ps4, these should be listed as free. Complete checkout process and the season pass items should unlock on ps4.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Hopping on right now if anybody wants to play, if you were on the google list and north american I probably have you added, name is kgp11.

ksdixon

Goddam Sony, Release a version of the VITA with L2/R2 buttons and clickable R2/R3 sticks RIGHT NOW!

I've had to DIY my Vita and DS4 together using eslastic bands, a fuse and a metal bookend. This thing is heavy and not 100% stable.

WIN_20140730_213421_zpscde7d301.jpg

WIN_20140730_213426_zps1d5905fb.jpg

WIN_20140730_213435_zpse3311407.jpg

WIN_20140730_213520_zps1a163b42.jpg

Gaz_RB

Goddam Sony, Release a version of the VITA with L2/R2 buttons and clickable R2/R3 sticks RIGHT NOW!

I've had to DIY my Vita and DS4 together using eslastic bands, a fuse and a metal bookend. This thing is heavy and not 100% stable.

How do you use remote play and the DS4 at the same time?

I thought I was the only one. Paying real money to have access to weapons and perks that other people can't have unless they ALSO pay real money is what made me stop playing the PS3 version. I'm not paying real money to nullify someone else's advantage. When I'm playing a game and a new update comes up with things like "Rocket Launcher and Homing Missile DLC - $2.99" I no longer support that MP. Honestly it bothers me to see a company like ND do this, it's not what I would expect. And the worst thing was I saw a ton of people using them, so a ton of people bought them, sending the exact wrong message.

They all came with the Season Pass, which was a pretty good price (Left Behind, two map packs, etc.) I'm not condoning it, but that's why you see a lot of people with it. Personally I use almost all the default stuff aside from one of the perks. It would be better if they took a TF2 approach or some better way that wasn't real money only.

Smidget

On webstore, go to the last of us ps3 version > add ons. Click the down arrow with cart icon on season pass dlc you want on ps4, these should be listed as free. Complete checkout process and the season pass items should unlock on ps4.

Thank you!!! So the ones not in the season pass are the Killer Bundle and flag hats?

ksdixon

How do you use remote play and the DS4 at the same time?

Every time I remote play. Rear touch-pad sucks butt for competitive MP.

Which itself is a regular occurrence with other people using the main TV, or me wanting to game in bed/bath/on toilet etc.

Not anymore, it was even stronger in the haydays of the PS3 version, but they nerfed it pretry hard. Weapon balance is pretty even.

I miss the old explosion expert 2 though, that shit was insane.

Yeah, I always rock the bow. I feel like I'm not as unstoppable as I was on PS3 but I don't feel underpowered.

ksdixon

Every time I remote play. Rear touch-pad sucks butt for competitive MP.

Which itself is a regular occurrence with other people using the main TV, or me wanting to game in bed/bath/on toilet etc.

Oh, sorry, I thought you asked how often.

My vita is set-up with my USA PSN account, I remote into my PS4.
I press PS button on my DS4 and switch profile to my UK PSN account, my main account.
Thus I can remote play on my main account with the DS4 on the Vita. You HAVE TO put elastic bands around the Vita's sticks, because if you don't have them pulled outwards the Vita automatically dims the screen (and it doesn't have an option to stop it from happening.)

AKyemeni

Not anymore, it was even stronger in the haydays of the PS3 version, but they nerfed it pretry hard. Weapon balance is pretty even.

I miss the old explosion expert 2 though, that shit was insane.

This is actually funny.

They never actually touched the bow. Ever.

It was actually all in the mind of the players and slowly, the bow became very underused.

ChuckNyce

First thing that came to mind...

311447699_79e0170526.jpg

quickwhips

Should I have already bought the Multiplayer Item packs? I'm doing ok with MP without them but I'm thinking I would have a better advantage with them correct?

So ND has shot down the idea of adding a new game mode? Why does everyone continue to neglect a tradition CTF type game.

Not sure this would fit with this game. I love CTF, but I enjoy Interrogation as the unique mode.

The big issue with new modes, especially on PS3 was it was too much community fracturing. If anything, I really wish they'd redo Survivors to limit certain perks/design it in such a way to make it more competitive.

I wish they added split-screen though, for Party/Supply Raid

Should I have already bought the Multiplayer Item packs? I'm doing ok with MP without them but I'm thinking I would have a better advantage with them correct?

How often do you see the Full Auto Rifle being used? It's a formidable weapon behind a paywall. Boosters like Fortitude also seem very advantageous. It's not that you can't do well without them, but it's still pretty crummy that to get the full picture/set of skills, you need to pay for some pretty helpful content

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

The handgun is good. It's better than the 9mm and only one loadout point.

The double-barrel is pretty good too... since it's only one loadout point. It's also really cheap to buy during the match, and you can pretty much keep ammo in it all round without it getting too expensive, like the regular shotgun. Also, while better, the regular shotgun costs 3 loadout points, and is quite expensive to buy during the match and keep stocked. Imo, it's not worth the two loadout points and in-match parts for just a slight edge over the double-barrel.

The silenced SMG imo is a piece of shit.

I never used the launcher.

As far as boosters, most of the pay-for ones are crap imo, but agility is decent. It's expensive for your loadout, but it's nice moving around so quickly. That one's a toss up.

QTrain

Neo Member
How often do you see the Full Auto Rifle being used? It's a formidable weapon behind a paywall. Boosters like Fortitude also seem very advantageous. It's not that you can't do well without them, but it's still pretty crummy that to get the full picture/set of skills, you need to pay for some pretty helpful content

The Full-Auto Rifle is free on the PS3 and PS4.

a916

I find it beyond awful practice that they're selling perks individually... really?

There's a $2 perk that makes you immune to your own bombs. Or another for doubling your pistol ammo and another for "nearly impossible to hear while moving" while making yourself like twice as fast. Really?

I find it beyond awful practice that they're selling perks individually... really?

There's a $2 perk that makes you immune to your own bombs. Or another for doubling your pistol ammo and another for "nearly impossible to hear while moving" while making yourself like twice as fast. Really?

If you got the ps3 season pass that's all free.

AKyemeni

They sound overpowered, but they're really not. And gunslinger is a joke, since it no longer applies when you upgrade your pistol.

Just had a 12-2-2 Supply Raid match and a 8-8-0 Survivors match. Got them both with the share function. Will upload soon. I fucking love this MP. So much fun.

Is there a season pass or a cheap way to get all the DLCs for this game? I don't really like how they've DLC'd the crap of the multiplayer now.

Someone recommend me a custom class.

If newbies are having trouble, make a support class: Stick close to allies, provide the backup

Semi-Auto Rifle (Silenced?)
Shorty or Enforced

Reviver Level 2
Crafter Level 2
First Aid Training Level 2

^ Likely cant use them all so find a good combination. I suggest ditching Reviver, or keeping it at level 1 and going with Crafter or First Aid. With Crafter, keep making the cheapest items, and every 2-3 creations will allow you to gift a random item to your teammate.

Alternatively, be a dedicated healer and bandage up your allies. Reviver is also good if you manage to stick close and pick up downed enemies, especially if they are also newbies.

For a more offensive class, I like using Covert Training 2. It allows me to crouch walk without being detected by the enemy's Listen Mode. This is very useful to sneak up on players, especially newbies.

Depending on the map, you may want to equip the Full Auto Rifle for Close quarter combat.

I like using the Silenced rifle or AR for power weapons, but a shotgun can do the trick if you lure players/are playing on a CQC map.

Top Bottom