• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

gibration

I have come to the conclusion that the Enforcer is the best non-purchasable weapon. I didn't realize it until yesterday but it's nuts once you start upgrading it.

hesido

I thought I was the only one. Paying real money to have access to weapons and perks that other people can't have unless they ALSO pay real money is what made me stop playing the PS3 version. I'm not paying real money to nullify someone else's advantage. When I'm playing a game and a new update comes up with things like "Rocket Launcher and Homing Missile DLC - $2.99" I no longer support that MP. Honestly it bothers me to see a company like ND do this, it's not what I would expect. And the worst thing was I saw a ton of people using them, so a ton of people bought them, sending the exact wrong message.

This is worrying. I really enjoyed the 3 matches I did so far, got my ass handed in two of them, but if it turns out it is the guys the moneyz killing me, I won't be joining. (I read that people who paid walk/run faster and they run quiter, get ammo out of downed enemies automatically etc etc with seriously overpowering abilities.). This is not a free to play game (and even those allow most of those stuff to be grinded, theoretically letting everyone achieve perks), and it should not have been pay to win.

I wonder how GAF would lash against, say, EA, for example for similar DLC mentality (even BF4 is not pay to win, you can stand your ground pretty well with the default stuff)

ksdixon

^ I just wish you could press the share button to automatically capture and upload the last x seconds of footage, without going through the menu and taking yourself out of the game. Most of the footage people want to save are moments, not whole rounds of a match.

Anyways, for the newbies, what's your favourite map so far?

Majority of the people on PS3 seem to agree Lakeside is the greatest map. It was the De_Dust of Last of Us.

Three lanes of attack, a sniper perch in the middle, rooftops to climb, a blizzard that obstructs your view mid-game, nicely designed interior building in the middle that has awesome entry points, the whole Lakeside resort with two floors, the little house on the bottom that makes for some good hiding spots.

500px-The_Last_of_Us_-_The_Snow-Ridden_Map_Called_Lakeside.jpg

What maps have you taken a liking to?

I really like Lakeside, Checkpoint, University and The Dam. At first I hated The Dam but it grew on me and became one of my faves. Downtown is awful, can't remember if I'm missing any from the original maps.

From DLC 1 map pack I like Suburbs. Bus Deport and Bookstore are ok, but I don't find them to be anything special. Don't really like Hometown.

From DLC 2 map pack I like Water Tower and Coal Mine. Do not like Warf or Capital.

Trying out multiplayer for the first time, is it normal to wait 5+ minutes for matchmaking to put me in a game? It keeps saying 'searching for Close Game' but doesn't seem to find anyone.

I selected 'Supply Raid'

Pretty disappointed so far.

Edit: Tried joining a 'Survivors' game, 5 minutes later.. nothing.

Trying out multiplayer for the first time, is it normal to wait 5+ minutes for matchmaking to put me in a game? It keeps saying 'searching for Close Game' but doesn't seem to find anyone.

I selected 'Supply Raid'

Pretty disappointed so far.
Servers are getting hammered, I've had better luck getting into Interrogation matches, perhaps try that.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I've enjoyed all the maps that I've played on thus far. Honestly, I think ND has created some of the best maps I've played competitive multiplayer on, so kudos to them. I can't wait to play through the game's narrative again; the 60fps makes for an incredibly more enjoyable experience on the mp side of the game-can't wait to see what that entails for the sp.

I linked to my Facebook because what does it hurt and over half of the population of my clan has been "Jeff Shaffer."

I don't have a Facebook friend named Jeff Shaffer.

Need some advice please on growing my clan/population.

I'd like to unlock some hats and helmets and i need to reach at least 115 members and at the end keep it at 70 members.

So im playing mostly interrogation mode since it lasts longer and you can get more kills and points right ?
This way I get around 4000 parts per match.

Which loadout should i use ?

I'm currently week 3 day 7 and I have 90 members. Am I on the right path or is 90 members already too low to make it to 115 ?

Man, just had a nice save in interrogation that I had to save:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkAR-VediGU&feature=youtu.be

And I finally climbed up the leaderboard, sixth in clan members!

original

@AKyemeni

You got 200+ clan members.... So which loadout you use and which mode are you playing ?

Edit: Back on ps3 when TLOU came out I unlocked all masks and got 140+ clan members and usually got 6000-7000 points per match but this time it's harder :S
Did they nerf some perks ?

AKyemeni

Need some advice please on growing my clan/population.

I'd like to unlock some hats and helmets and i need to reach at least 115 members and at the end keep it at 70 members.

So im playing mostly interrogation mode since it lasts longer and you can get more kills and points right ?
This way I get around 4000 parts per match.

Which loadout should i use ?

I'm currently week 3 day 7 and I have 90 members. Am I on the right path or is 90 members already too low to make it to 115 ?

@AKyemeni

You got 200+ clan members.... So which loadout you use and which mode are you playing ?

Edit: Back on ps3 when TLOU came out I unlocked all masks and got 140+ clan members and usually got 6000-7000 points per match but this time it's harder :S
Did they nerf some perks ?

I use:

Hunting Rifle
Revolver

Sharpshooter 3
First Aid Training 3

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Are you aggressive and do you like to get lots of parts?

Enforcer

Executioner 3
Collector 2

*Insert 3 loadout point purchaseable of your choice here*

If newbies are having trouble, make a support class: Stick close to allies, provide the backup

Semi-Auto Rifle (Silenced?)
Shorty or Enforced

Reviver Level 2
Crafter Level 2
First Aid Training Level 2

^ Likely cant use them all so find a good combination. I suggest ditching Reviver, or keeping it at level 1 and going with Crafter or First Aid. With Crafter, keep making the cheapest items, and every 2-3 creations will allow you to gift a random item to your teammate.

Alternatively, be a dedicated healer and bandage up your allies. Reviver is also good if you manage to stick close and pick up downed enemies, especially if they are also newbies.

For a more offensive class, I like using Covert Training 2. It allows me to crouch walk without being detected by the enemy's Listen Mode. This is very useful to sneak up on players, especially newbies.

Depending on the map, you may want to equip the Full Auto Rifle for Close quarter combat.

I like using the Silenced rifle or AR for power weapons, but a shotgun can do the trick if you lure players/are playing on a CQC map.

I normally sit back watching the flank, but can be aggressive when needed. Here's my setup:

Silenced 9mm
Semi-Rifle

Reviver 1
Covert Training 1
Crafter 1

And Shotgun

I started to get the hang of this and was wrecking fools with a friend of mine.

Best thing about this MP, is that with smart tactical play a comeback is always a possibility.

Man those last two matches were booty butt cheeks.

I was there lagging up a storm, and gettin multiple disconnect images.

Naughty dog needs to check their net code out.

I feel like I'm the only person who hates Lakeside. Almost every match I have ever played has involved players on both sides resorting to waiting for the opposing team to move towards them. On the other side of the map. So as someone who plays with just a revolver, goddamn is it a pain in the ass to try and move towards the enemy without getting snipped. Assuming I can even make it to a good spot, I'm usually completely separated from my team, so I end up engaging in a 3-on-1 firefight while my teammates just sit behind cover all day. Eventually they start running towards me to try and give backup, but by then I'm already dead and now the other team has the upper hand since they're already in position to snipe! So when I respawn, it's just me by myself because my teammates are too busy being dead to help. AND THEN THEY SIT LIKE DUCKS AGAIN EVEN THOUGH WE'RE CLEARLY LOSING AND EVERY SECOND COUNTS ON THAT MAP. So we end up rushing like idiots at the end. This scenario happens so often. Downtown isn't a bad map. It's hard to play in because there's so many vulnerable spots, so it's the most skill dependent map of the whole game. But Lakeside?

Fuck Lakeside.

Revolver / Semi Auto

Brawler 2
Covert 2
Fortitude 3

Essentially, any variety of Covert 2 + Brawler 2 is what I find best; Reviver can be substituted for Fortitude if you're playing matches against good players/parties as those extra seconds make the difference (the points are nice too). Also, in case it wasn't obvious already, don't use explosive expert and Brawler 2 together...

Covert 2+ will make you die a lot less and give you some game-deciding flank opportunities if you know what you're doing. A lot of new players may not find the benefit in it though until they get better.

Knowing the maps and spawn points is just as critical in this multiplayer as any other, and probably more. Knowing the angles from which you can be shot from in each location on the map and the timings to certain boxes at the beginning of games will aid you considerably.

And then lastly, in my opinion, Brawler 2 is by far the best perk in the game.... you beat people in fist fights who don't use Brawler and you get an extra free down every time you craft a bat. Insane value

Vitanimus

Just had a pretty successful run with gibration, Evolved1 and bigzz and I think I shed some of the rust going from PS3 to PS4. Using the Support loadout worked wonders.

Crafter 3 still so far away ;_;

AKyemeni

Revolver / Semi Auto

Brawler 2
Covert 2
Fortitude 3

Essentially, any variety of Covert 2 + Brawler 2 is what I find best; Reviver can be substituted for Fortitude if you're playing matches against good players/parties as those extra seconds make the difference (the points are nice too). Also, in case it wasn't obvious already, don't use explosive expert and Brawler 2 together...

Covert 2+ will make you die a lot less and give you some game-deciding flank opportunities if you know what you're doing. A lot of new players may not find the benefit in it though until they get better.

Knowing the maps and spawn points is just as critical in this multiplayer as any other, and probably more. Knowing the angles from which you can be shot from in each location on the map and the timings to certain boxes at the beginning of games will aid you considerably.

I never use covert training. I don't find it necessary to flank efficiently. What I don't like about it is that it makes stick to a single playstyle, which is low cover, crouching, and quiet maneuvering (which I can do without covert training). I can use those points for far better skills and purchaseables. Plus, it only shines when the enemy is using listen mode and that's it.

Not being able to be marked is only good if the other team does not have mics. Otherwise, the team can just call out your position.

Garland7G

You can change helmets, hats and emblem but your character's appearance and gender will always be randomized.

Gotcha, now I need to figure out how to force randomize until I find a decent guy. ;)

Edit: restarting the entire game and it still sticks me with the same guy, oh well, I'm about to try my first match anyways and get a mask later.

Top Bottom