• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

KillGore

It depends. Do you want to be support or aggressive? Do you like to flank?

I'd like to be full support. I'm definitely not the best when I'm on the offensive but I've found to be really good at support. What do you recommend?

Edit: I've also seen people just using the revolver like you did in your video. They didn't have a long range weapon at all. Can that be done with support? that way I can free some loadout points.

What loadouts does everyone prefer? and for what reason? Interested in knowing others play styles.

Survivors - This loadout keeps me alive, aware of everything and keeps me hidden. 90% of the time I'm the last one standing at which point I can safely make it to a supply box, stock up and then run around a bit to attract the enemy in my direction.

Silenced Pistol
Silenced Semi-auto
Covert Training 2
Sharp Ears 2 (1 for now, I don't have 2 unlocked yet)

Interrogation - This nets me lots of points while playing both a supporting and attacking roll. The pistol is a beast, the ammo is super cheap, it fires really quick and once you start unloading into someone they jerk so much their aim is all over the place. Healing and Reviving net you a lot of easy parts, and it's good to keep you're teammates alive and in full health.

Pistol
Reviver 3
First Aid Training 2
Crafter 2

I don't play Supply Raid, so scratch that.

Uploading Video Soon

BuANZIpIEAAk3RU.jpg

30 downs in a single day when I barely hit that on three if I'm very lucky. Mind you, I rarely play Interrogations, but still, goddamn.

Revolver + Hunting Rifle 1 + Covert Training 2 + Sharpshooter 1 + Hawk-eyed 2 is my loadout so far, but I'm considering giving up on Covert 2 and going back to First Aid 1 + Covert 1 instead. It was already hard to get used to not have Crafting 1 anymore.

Any opinions?

Covert 1's main use is in Survivors where you won't have to spend scarce resources every round on a shiv, freeing up resources for a modded 2x4, bomb, or molotov. Now, resources are saved in the other two modes too, but you don't lose what you craft in those ones and resources aren't as tight. You also have to die to get your shiv in those modes which is a bit counter-productive.

First Aid 1 is a great skill for close-mid fights. Makes you far less vulnerable to rushes as more aggressive players will try to finish you when they see you trying to heal (I'm sure you noticed one of Hawk-eyed 2's uses here).

Can't really comment on Sharpshooter 1. I normally use Sharpshooter 3 combo'd with a Burst Rifle, banking on the Burst Rifle's flinch damage to knock their aim off while keeping mine should they be the first to shoot or should they get a lucky hit. The freak healing has also saved me on multiple ocassions.

------

To comment on the overall loadout though, really it all just depends on the game mode and your play style. I will say that if you are ultra-aggressive that you drop Covert 1 though. You'll be on the radar no matter what. Anyone who doesn't pay attention to you deserves to eat lead and anyone who does should pay attention to the loadout points you spent on extra firepower.

Gbraga

Wow, that's a very detailed feedback, thanks! I'll drop Covert 2 for First Aid 1 and maybe something else then.

I still didn't touch the other 2 modes, they seem to be more "serious", so I'd rather get more used to the game before playing them.

Calmine

Playing really badly been so long since playing ps3 controls really messing me up. Is it laggy for others? Feel like BF4 syndrome getting killed behind cover n all.

CozMick

Banned
Am i the only one with serious matchmaking issues? It takes me up to 10 minutes to find a complete group to play with. No matter if i choose parties allowed or not. It takes forever.

Im a european player, germany.

Same problem here. UK.

Naughty Dog catering for the US just as they did in U2 and 3? Maybe.

Moofers

Last night, me and firehawk12 are in a firefight with 2 enemies. We take out one and firehawk12 is injured a bit so he hangs back as I bandage him. As I'm doing that, I say "Ok, on 3 we just rush that second guy." For whatever reason, the enemy sits there, probably hoping to trade shots again, but before he knows whats up, we're sprinting like a couple of mad Scots in Braveheart. It was glorious!

TLOU:R - Way Of The Fist

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd like to be full support. I'm definitely not the best when I'm on the offensive but I've found to be really good at support. What do you recommend?

Edit: I've also seen people just using the revolver like you did in your video. They didn't have a long range weapon at all. Can that be done with support? that way I can free some loadout points.

If you're full support, what's wrong with the preset support class? You'd want first aid 2 at a minimum to allow you to heal teammates, and revive 2/3 to get good parts from reviving. I'd prefer something with a silenced 9mm or semi rifle, but I haven't got enough loadout points (the presets are all 13 points I think?)

I quite like a spot of melee, so am playing around with a brawler/covert custom build but they get expensive so I need more than 11 points

CozMick

Banned
Me and many others can confirm that this is not the case. Although, it has been alot better today

This is definitely not the case. I'm having a lot of problems as well.

Without trying to sounding like an ass this is good news.

ND without question screwed Europe over with U2 and 3 matchmaking.

e.g 7 Europeans. 1 American. Guess who got host?

But anyway. Hope they sort out the time it takes to find a server soon.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What loadouts does everyone prefer? and for what reason? Interested in knowing others play styles.

Survivors - This loadout keeps me alive, aware of everything and keeps me hidden. 90% of the time I'm the last one standing at which point I can safely make it to a supply box, stock up and then run around a bit to attract the enemy in my direction.

Silenced Pistol
Silenced Semi-auto
Covert Training 2
Sharp Ears 2 (1 for now, I don't have 2 unlocked yet)

Interrogation - This nets me lots of points while playing both a supporting and attacking roll. The pistol is a beast, the ammo is super cheap, it fires really quick and once you start unloading into someone they jerk so much their aim is all over the place. Healing and Reviving net you a lot of easy parts, and it's good to keep you're teammates alive and in full health.

Pistol
Reviver 3
First Aid Training 2
Crafter 2

I don't play Supply Raid, so scratch that.

I like your interrogation build - I think that would work well in supply raid too. I might use a silenced pistol and reduce reviver to 2 to pay for it.

I'd like a companion app to play with layouts when I'm not on my PS4

Edit: found this (apologies if old) - http://www.tlou-loadout.com

Quite like: silenced pistol, covert ops 2, brawler 2. That's 9 points, so if you have 11, that leaves 2 spare for a long gun, or maybe first aider 1

Canucked

I've seen a bit of in game lag too. But the joining matches part is the worst. It takes me forever to find a match.

Is that my connection causing an issue?

ImboSlice

Matchmaking better for me today.
But damn, been a long time since I played on PS3. Was decent back then, now it feels like starting over.
If someone wants to party up frome time to time, EU/GER, PSN ID: H_Y_F

KillGore

If you're full support, what's wrong with the preset support class? You'd want first aid 2 at a minimum to allow you to heal teammates, and revive 2/3 to get good parts from reviving. I'd prefer something with a silenced 9mm or semi rifle, but I haven't got enough loadout points (the presets are all 13 points I think?)

I quite like a spot of melee, so am playing around with a brawler/covert custom build but they get expensive so I need more than 11 points

Thank you!

Without trying to sounding like an ass this is good news.

ND without question screwed Europe over with U2 and 3 matchmaking.

e.g 7 Europeans. 1 American. Guess who got host?

But anyway. Hope they sort out the time it takes to find a server soon.

Yeah, I can understand your frustration.

It's been difficult finding a game, even at 3am. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. The more they wait, the larger the chances of people quitting it for good.

Joco

Is the community basically dead already? I tried to play multiplayer last night to take a break from the campaign but I couldn't get into a match.

ksdixon

i am in the uk, and have set-up a us psn account. all that works fine.

i'm just wondering if i will always have to purchase US Dollor PSN cards from Amazon.com for every purchase I make on the PS Store, or if i can add my UK Debit Card to my US PSN Profile. Or if I used a UK Credit Card if that would work also.

So i made a few adjustments to my WiFi connection, and while game still lags, it´s better than yesterday. I need an ethernet cable badly.
ND, please fix the lag for south american players :(

ksdixon

Yep its still there as long as its not the EU version.

Tried reviving Alizar last night and his legs got blown clean off from a bomb.

glad to hear. I was beginning to wonder after going to the trouble of getting the US version to play with my UK account.

I'm guessing that only some guns cause head exploding in special executions? Pretty sure the revolver and pistol are the same just with a bit more blood.

ksdixon

LOL I tried to shiv someone who climbed up a ledge. I thought I was gonna have to climb up after them and try again, but instead my guy just thrust the knife into the guy's ass in a stabbing motion and executed him that way. Thank god for the share button I got it on record.

ksdixon

I feel bad that since owning TLOU since launch on PS3 and having finished it 4 times now that I still haven't played the MP :/

I keep thinking that others are gonna be so much better than me by now and it's too late to just jump in.

There are many people playing on PS4 for the first time whom didn't have a PS3.

The PS3 players have also had their stats reset if I recall correctly, so everyone is pretty much on a even playing field, except that some have a little prior experience.

Disguises

Great. Matchmaking is even worse when there's 3 of us. We've yet to get in a game today without 1 of us dropping out before the match starts.

ksdixon

There's always next time buddy, but I'm tired of interrogation and want to play survivors but it still seems to be broken sadly. Also am I crazy or was water tower during night on the PS3 version?

Water Tower's always been daytime for me. But Downtown switched from nighttime to daytime if I remember correctly.

funkypie

Banned
There is no difference between us and EU players so you can't complain about servers as the game is all p2p match making between all regions.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just had a horrific team. No one else had more than 2 downs besides me. I was 15 downs, 11 executions.

I'm having terrible connections today, on the bright side I don't have to wait 20 minutes for a game anymore. Although the stuttery-disconnect janky lag is more than frustrating.

I like your interrogation build - I think that would work well in supply raid too. I might use a silenced pistol and reduce reviver to 2 to pay for it.

I'd like a companion app to play with layouts when I'm not on my PS4

Edit: found this (apologies if old) - http://www.tlou-loadout.com

Quite like: silenced pistol, covert ops 2, brawler 2. That's 9 points, so if you have 11, that leaves 2 spare for a long gun, or maybe first aider 1

The reason why I don't use a silenced pistol is because I'm usually right around my teammates to heal and revive them, so 95% of the time when I'm shooting, the enemy already knows our location because so many people don't use silenced weapons, that and they spot us shooting, lol. It's a waste of 2 points.

Strider

There's this guy lagging so bad in this game we're playing that he is running around invisible so we can't kill him. But he can kill us with bombs.

dat 0 bar connection.

Disguises

I'm done with multiplayer. If I ever do get into a game it's full of lag, disconnects, inconsistent bullet damage which makes no sense or team mates who lone wolf the game and lose it for us. I was really excited to play this with friends but we're all equally disappointed. The worst thing is the seemingly inconsistent way with how damage is given. I get shot twice to be downed and once more the be killed. On the other hand, I can shoot someone 5 times and they just run off. This happens far too often and I really can't see the cause of this. And yes, I'm aware of armour. These negative experiences are made worse due to the 30+ minutes between games.

Not enjoying single player either, I guess it's just not my type of game.

andycapps

I'm done with multiplayer. If I ever do get into a game it's full of lag, disconnects, inconsistent bullet damage which makes no sense or team mates who lone wolf the game and lose it for us. I was really excited to play this with friends but we're all equally disappointed. The worst thing is the seemingly inconsistent way with how damage is given. I get shot twice to be downed and once more the be killed. On the other hand, I can shoot someone 5 times and they just run off. This happens far too often and I really can't see the cause of this. And yes, I'm aware of armour. These negative experiences are made worse due to the 30+ minutes between games.

Not enjoying single player either, I guess it's just not my type of game.
Guess not.

Getting downed in one or two shots is definitely possible if you're playing against good players getting head shots. And you can finish someone in one shot if it's a headshot and they don't have on armor.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Interrogation is not the mode for me. Other players giving up a 4-0 lead because they want to lone wolf it. I'd rather play Supply Raid where I can turn the tides by killer other players quicker than my team can give up kills.

Top Bottom