• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

I bought the original game when it came out for PS3, but for whatever reason never tried the multiplayer. I bought the remaster mainly to play the Left Behind DLC and check out the upgraded graphics. I've been totally sidetracked by Factions. The multiplayer of TLOU is by far the best multiplayer experience on PS4 right now. (Minus the matchmaking problems).

That all being said, I feel I could get a great deal more out of it if I were playing with folks in a party. If you are interested with playing with a Factions noob, please feel free to add me. PSN: JustinBbad

Rodelero

Has anyone ever had a person in your party randomly put onto the opposing team in a match? I remember this being in the PS3 version and this just happened to me, really hoped that they had fixed that issue :/

Had it today. Was pretty funny actually, because neither of us realised immediately. As I was moving into the center of the map to secure the supply create, I saw the entire opposition team moving into a building to my right, and I started marking them. I was talking to my mate as I did it, telling him about the 'marked players', which he said he couldn't see. I followed them, flanking all four, before raising my gun and seeing my friend's psn name popup! Between me and my three teammates, we immediately went four kills up, and went on to thrash the other team.

I think I quite like this little matchmaking quirk :)

ronco2000

Here's how you play the game, people.
  1. Play as a group.
  2. Have one player be a bait/decoy and have him run around like a douchebag, when the other team spots him and tries to kill the mofo then the rest of team silently flank them. Boom!!!
BTW, I suck at this game. lol

Zombine

Banned
I am playing much better in multiplayer on PS4 than I did on PS3. Frame rate? Controller? Both? Whatever it is, I'm enjoying myself.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm going to be playing in about 20ish minutes if anyone wants to join. I have a second person already, so we just need a couple more. Just message or friend me (Grinchy) on PSN if interested.

We have fun and talk shit, you can be horrible at the game and we won't care.

Everyone's a critic:
z4Kw0s9.jpg

chaosaeon

If I ever do get into a game it's full of lag, disconnects, inconsistent bullet damage which makes no sense. The worst thing is the seemingly inconsistent way with how damage is given. I get shot twice to be downed and once more the be killed. On the other hand, I can shoot someone 5 times and they just run off.

I rarely have matches where this doesn't happen. Exact same thing. I can sink every shot I have into a person crouching at a supply box staying completely still, and they just run off unharmed while a teammate instant downs me with the same weapon. I also throw smoke bombs that land at their feet, stun ME from 20 feet away and DONT stun them, however that works. I also used the flamethrower and got downed by someone running toward me through the fire and hitting me twice with a 2x4 all the while being sprayed thoroughly. They went down 3 seconds later from the fire after I was already dead. 1 bar connection is apparently the best power weapon in the game. I never feel a game should give worse connections the advantage. It ruined UC3 MP for me, well that and all the DLC and ridiculous joke hats.

Grinchy

Banned
Any groups looking for one more?

PSN: lZR0COOLl

I'll send you a friend request. My group should be starting up pretty soon here. If you get another one though, that's cool.

edit- I couldn't get your name to work on PSN. You can send me a request if you want (Grinchy)

Gaz_RB

I'll send you a friend request. My group should be starting up pretty soon here. If you get another one though, that's cool.

edit- I couldn't get your name to work on PSN. You can send me a request if you want (Grinchy)

the two l's in lZR0COOLl are lowercase L's.

Quick question: does the PS3 Season Pass cover the DLC in the PS4 version (abilities, hats, etc)?

Also is there a GAF clan, or do we just organize games in this thread? I just bought the game last night (mainly for photo mode), but I loved the deathmatch on PS3 and will probably get into it again.

Zornack

Quick question: does the PS3 Season Pass cover the DLC in the PS4 version (abilities, hats, etc)?

Also is there a GAF clan, or do we just organize games in this thread? I just bought the game last night (mainly for photo mode), but I loved the deathmatch on PS3 and will probably get into it again.

1. Yes, but you have to have claimed all of the DLC in the PS3 version for it to be registered as bought in the PS4 version.

2. I don't think there's a clan, I've just been using this thread to find people to play with.

Yes the PS3 season pass does cover all the PS4 dlc with the exception of one cosmetic which came out on TLOU: R Launch Day. You have to have "purchased" the bundles in question for PS3 for it register, and I had a register with it still not unlocking. Simply restored licenses on my PS4 and that did the trick.

1. Yes, but you have to have claimed all of the DLC in the PS3 version for it to be registered as bought in the PS4 version.

2. I don't think there's a clan, I've just been using this thread to find people to play with.

Clans would be awesome for LoU2. Fightimg other clans for resources to keep your friends alive :p

wowlace

Great. Matchmaking is even worse when there's 3 of us. We've yet to get in a game today without 1 of us dropping out before the match starts.

You need a full party of 4. Think about how hard it is going to be to find that 1 guy who is stupid enough to go into parties alone? Solo players always go no parties.

Gaf, if you party up make sure you are full. It will reduce matchmaking issues.

This mp is my favourite since forever. I love the methodical play style. It's really not dependant on your internet or location, no twitch spray and pray shit. You need to flank and pick your shots to not give away position. You need to be absolutely sure you can take the guy down or you will die. I've leant this the hard way. I have played with a full team of America gaf and had no issues with lag etc. I'm in Australia.

I roll support class with gaf and striker if I am lone wolf with randoms. Seems to work for me.

Gaz_RB

+edit

Never mind, sounds cool.

Be nice to have registration open a little longer, especially as there only seems to be a couple of teams in each.

As I've posted before, it's a soft registration deadline. I'll still allow teams to join afterwards.

quickwhips

I haven't become very consist in this game but damn is it fun...even losing. If I'm on I would love teammates to train me into a winner. PSN: quickwhips

JB1981

Hit detection/lag just completely shits the bed up close. Why is there no stopping power? How does a guy run through 3 bullets to chest and still get off 3 melees with a pipe?

Hit detection/lag just completely shits the bed up close. Why is there no stopping power? How does a guy run through 3 bullets to chest and still get off 3 melees with a pipe?

That doesn't happen to me, I love when people run up to me swinging, or attempting to while I watch their body jerk as I unload a clip from my pistol.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think the way you stun other players by shooting them is one of the absolute best things about the multiplayer.

I've killed so many people that tried to rush me.

Gibran7

Sorry to bring this up again but I tried to follow it earlier and it didn't really go anywhere.

There was a gif with some gore in MP that was posted earlier but I haven't seen the same level of gore in the MP itself so far. Someone had suggested It was dialed back. Is that true?

Canadian/us version here.

Sorry to bring this up again but I tried to follow it earlier and it didn't really go anywhere.

There was a gif with some gore in MP that was posted earlier but I haven't seen the same level of gore in the MP itself so far. Someone had suggested It was dialed back. Is that true?

Canadian/us version here.

Nope, lots of gore here. Canadian version.

I've seen faces smashed in, limbs blown off and just about everything else you see in SP. You might just not be noticing it.

when someone is downed and they trigger a bomb is probably the highest level of gore, arms and legs flying off.

HiiiLife

Is the bow overrpowed? I feel like a dick using it. I think new people (I'm new as well) really underestimate it right now.

Top Bottom