• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

This marks my first time playing the MP Factions mode of TLoU. Please give me some tips and strategy.

Follow teamates
Stay low most of the time
Read and experiment with the perks
Use listen mode
You can be seen by enemies in listen mode when crouch walking (with the exception of a perk)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Follow teamates
Stay low most of the time
Read and experiment with the perks
Use listen mode
You can be seen by enemies in listen mode when crouch walking (with the exception of a perk)

Start off with the support preset, healing and reviving teammates. Good way to get parts and encourage you to stay with teammates

The "survivors" that join your camp... Are those just generated characters that the game assigns you?

Edit: Yes I used support first match. This is pretty dope.

Add me: RJN

Gaz_RB

The "survivors" that join your camp... Are those just generated characters that the game assigns you?

Edit: Yes I used support first match. This is pretty dope.

Add me: RJN

Yeah, they're random. Unless you connect to facebook, then they are your facebook friends lol

Has anyone ever had a person in your party randomly put onto the opposing team in a match? I remember this being in the PS3 version and this just happened to me, really hoped that they had fixed that issue :/

Strider

Has anyone ever had a person in your party randomly put onto the opposing team in a match? I remember this being in the PS3 version and this just happened to me, really hoped that they had fixed that issue :/

Randomly? No. but sometimes the game will start 3v3 so one of ours will be on the other team, then 2 others join right after to make it 4v4

Gaz_RB

Say you have 4 people in your party, but there are only 6 in the game. It will move someone from your party over to balance (which is stupid because like 5 seconds in someone else joins and makes it 4v4). I've never had it happen in a full 8 player game.

Say you have 4 people in your party, but there are only 6 in the game. It will move someone from your party over to balance (which is stupid because like 5 seconds in someone else joins and makes it 4v4). I've never had it happen in a full 8 player game.

Yeah I can see that being the case, but in the pre-match lobby was full, unless someone left before that. Sucks either way...

Matchmaking is a mess today, takes forever and then finally tosses me in the middle of a match where it's too late to earn enough parts. ND needs to fix this asap, it was never this bad when the game released on PS3.

About to jump on (hope it works, heh) if anyone is down to play. Still relatively noobish, but have a mic and work with team as best as I can.

PSN ID is same as GAF name,.

FrsDvl

I just played a handful of games online for the first time. I figured it wouldn't be that exciting, but it is actually a lot of fun, especially if people work together!

I'll have to experiment with every load out a little bit, to see what the best one is. I can see my self waste a lot of time on this.

Add me: FrsDvll. I will only use my headset in the evening though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do you join a game with others? I joined a party, but then what? In the game it starts matchmaking me with randoms

GQman2121

Banned
There are definitely times when you'll land shots, see blood and the person will not go down. I've hit targets not wearing armor with four arrows and they run off. Hopefully it's connected to the server issues they're having and will work itself out.

It's amazing the matchmaking is still so bad. Are they on vacation?

Anyone know how to fix the problem of CE-38 something something when playing MP? My friend keeps frequently having the error when playing and his PS4 sometimes randomly shuts down too in the middle of a match.

Zareka

I know this isn't exactly game breaking, but is the game not loading Facebook display pictures for anyone else? It's been like this with me since Friday and doesn't seem to be fixing.

Zareka

What do you mean? Like pictures of your facebook friends?

Yeah. When it pops up at the side saying something like <Name> is out foraging." it's showing the loading circle thing constantly. It's never shown a display picture yet while it worked fine on the PS3.

I'm guessing it's to do with the other connectivity issues (I've been searching for a match for at least 20 minutes now) but with the way my Internet acts up I never know for sure.

HiiiLife

Is there a way to make my mic work in game? Party chat seems the only way.

And I love the bow and arrow online. Straight mopping kids up.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Yeah. When it pops up at the side saying something like <Name> is out foraging." it's showing the loading circle thing constantly. It's never shown a display picture yet while it worked fine on the PS3.

I'm guessing it's to do with the other connectivity issues (I've been searching for a match for at least 20 minutes now) but with the way my Internet acts up I never know for sure.

I didn't realize it did that, but yeah it's not loading pics for me either then.

CozMick

Banned
Is there a way to make my mic work in game? Party chat seems the only way.

And I love the bow and arrow online. Straight mopping kids up.

Voice chat is a fucking terrible, garbled, stuttery mess....cant remember it being this bad on ps3.

Subject change......

Werent we supposed to get a Banderas gesture? I dont see it in-game.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
I always come at the bottom of the MP matches :(
I feel like I'm just good enough for people to put up with me though lol

Top Bottom