• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Omg, I am IN LOVE with the bow. Seriously. It just feels so smooth to use and so, so satisfying. I love having to lead the target, it really makes me feel like a badass when I pull off headshots on moving targets.

It takes a little while to get used to, but if you stick with it you can become a real monster. Earlier today I downed a guy in full armour with my bow, despite the fact he was shooting at me with a semi auto from like...6 feet away.

terrible

Banned
I just finished playing a few rounds with the best random team I've been part of so far. I don't even blame half the enemy team for leaving.

9PRceLI.jpg

Shiv executions should be listed as very, very easy. Pick running perk and crafting perks, and 95% of the time grabbing supplies from two boxes will yield enough materials to craft 1 shiv and 1 smoke bomb.

Then you just got to use the smoke bomb, run straight at the guy and shiv from the front.

It's even pretty easy to do Shiv 2 & 3; 9 and 15 respectively for level 3 challenges.

The easiest challenge in the game is healing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Shiv missions can blow up in your face under the right circumstances. It's kind of a gamble. I would never attempt on a 100% mission. Save that for clan growth missions instead.

Darvan

Your not the only one I have the same issue, I'm kinda shocked more people aren't talking about I hope it gets fixed soon.

Is anyone who's populated their clan with Facebook friends got broken integration? Since launch I just get an infinite loading symbol for my Facebook friends.

I had the PS3 version day one and never had this problem so I'm wondering if it's just me or If it's something ND gotta fix.

Loving Factions all over again

Matchmaking has been way better since the patch. Good stuff.

I still can't get used to the Semi Auto though. It feels so slow even though it's supposed to have a higher fire rate than the Full Auto. :|

That...might've been a mis-listing on the weapon stats page and I'd sure hope so because the Semi-Auto downs in 3 shots opposed to the Full Auto's 5. :p

Just finished playing a few games with some folks from here namely NoMoreTrolls (YouGotReaped), Daraman, colingt255, and UnstableH2O. Sorry I don't know your NeoGAF handles. I had a blast playing and winning all those rounds with you. I would've kept on playing if only it's not 2:30 AM my local time. Haha! Til next time!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Right as I get to 37 people for the 40 people in the group trophy... Matchmaking gives me three shit teams in a row.
KCSeU4L.png
Thanks, NaughtyDog?

Edit: Oh thank god. The healing mission I got pushed it to 40 anyway. Now I can start to kill people off so long as I reach the end of these twelve weeks. And then I have to do it over again.
KCSeU4L.png

mstevens

Right as I get to 37 people for the 40 people in the group trophy... Matchmaking gives me three shit teams in a row.
KCSeU4L.png
Thanks, NaughtyDog?

Edit: Oh thank god. The healing mission I got pushed it to 40 anyway. Now I can start to kill people off so long as I reach the end of these twelve weeks. And then I have to do it over again.
KCSeU4L.png

About how many supplies do you need to get daily to finally push over to 40? I just finished my firefly journey by keeping my numbers really low, but I'm going to try and push to 40 quickly during the first few weeks of my hunter journey.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
About how many supplies do you need to get daily to finally push over to 40? I just finished my firefly journey by keeping my numbers really low, but I'm going to try and push to 40 quickly during the first few weeks of my hunter journey.

All I've been doing is reaching the match limit by healing or killing (and failing at that) people. If you support downs or heals every like... two bandages you'll get one supply. If you do that and the heal missions at least twice you'll get to the 40 pop pretty easily if your teams are good.

(This is PS3, I have no clue for PS4)

Nvzman

I am 99% sure it is impossible to maintain any more than 120 survivors without barely breaking even.
I made around 128 survivors and the amount of supplies you need are ludicrously high.

Superflat

Going the crafting/healing route. With advanced crafting I'm just making as much as I can and gifting players items to boost my supply. Been ranking much better this way. Also makes me more focused somehow so my downs and executions have been better than usual.

This time I'm reading for the 100% risk missions so I should be set on getting the first Journey trophy.

Good stuff!

Looking for some people to play with. All the gaffers that added me seem to just ignore my invites and carry on playing solo :/

I'm on right now, my PSN is the same as my Gaff name :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are there stats recorded in this game? Just wondering if I can see my k/d ratio anywhere. Curious about maybe joining a future GAF tournament but I'm not very good at headshots and fast reactions (more support/stealth) so wanted to check first :)

mstevens

I'm getting really worried about this hometown trophy. It's the last map I need and it hasn't been picked in 13 weeks.... if it ever shows up, I'm gonna be so nervous I'll probably blow it and not get 5 downs or executions.

terrible

Banned
I'm getting really worried about this hometown trophy. It's the last map I need and it hasn't been picked in 13 weeks.... if it ever shows up, I'm gonna be so nervous I'll probably blow it and not get 5 downs or executions.
I just got it on my first try. I was getting a bit nervous because my team was good and I was having trouble getting any kills in myself but it worked out in the end.

Yeah seems to be one of the least popular maps. Yesterday I had quite a few matches on it though, so just have to stick with it!

So I was playing Multi for the trophies, but my Knowing the Basic trophy is bugged.

Now I have no desire to play the game cuz I can't get my platinum anymore.

So I was playing Multi for the trophies, but my Knowing the Basic trophy is bugged.

I think you need to play and win on the original maps. It didn't pop for me either until I was on my second Journey, I don't play Supply Raid much, but that's probably why. I wasn't even paying attention to the trophies since you don't really need to go out of your way for any of them. But when it did pop I checked to see what it was and I was surprised that it took me so long to get it since it was the first trophy to pop for me on PS3.

Just as a heads up, there are no 100% glitched trophies, there are glitchy trophies, but nothing that will prevent 100%

I think you need to play and win on the original maps. It didn't pop for me either until I was on my second Journey, I don't play Supply Raid much, but that's probably why. I wasn't even paying attention to the trophies since you don't really need to go out of your way for any of them. But when it did pop I checked to see what it was and I was surprised that it took me so long to get it since it was the first trophy to pop for me on PS3.

Hmm original maps huh... I'll try that out.

TyrantII

Anyone notice a glitch were if you come in below supplies one round, then exceed them the next, after the screen that heals your hungry and sick members sometimes it glitches and suddenly a lot are sick and hungry?

I messed up one round and came in slightly below and some of my members went hungry. Next match I got 90 cans which should have healed most all of them, but after doing so my clan further fell in the hole with a whopping 50% hungry.

Also notice Facebook is not connecting as it did on the PS3 and randomluly messages about clan members dying will cycle through even when at 100% healthy.

Think the meta game still has some bugs.

Superflat

Weird didn't notice it but when I checked my trophies mine didn't pop either, and I played at least 60 matches by now, 90% of them supply raid tho. Should get some Survivors matches in when I get the chance.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
What about it? I played 300 TLOU multiplayer matches and the story 5 times. Why else would I want to play other than the Platinum?

Judging from your post it sounded like you're one of those trophy hunters who see it as some kind of work instead of just enjoying the game

mstevens

MP is unbelievably frustrating today. Getting rocked every match, getting 1/3 of the supplies I normally get, and now I've joined about 5 already in session matches in a row which don't even move progress on the journey.

edit: ahhh the ole' neogaf reverse jinx. Finally got the last map I needed and finished with more than enough downs/executions! whew

MP is unbelievably frustrating today. Getting rocked every match, getting 1/3 of the supplies I normally get, and now I've joined about 5 already in session matches in a row which don't even move progress on the journey.

Same for me too. But part of it was trying to play via remote play. Lol

lmao

you should try playing video games for fun sometime....

I play video games, not a video game.

There are about 20 games I want to play right now. The only thing I want to do is get the plat to show my appreciation to the game.

And saying that...

I think you need to play and win on the original maps.

Thanks, I guess I never got a match on Survival for the original maps. It did it.

Kyoufu

The metagame sucks tbfh. It's a good idea on paper, but people quit games when it's not going their way. Takes the fun out of it.

Karl Hawk

Banned
The metagame sucks tbfh. It's a good idea on paper, but people quit games when it's not going their way. Takes the fun out of it.

Stupid question, but what's metagame? I see this phrase being used sometimes on MP games.

And matchmaking has improved with the new patch, huh? Guess I have no excuse not to play the Multiplayer now.

Huh? Quitting the game kills you in the metagame. It's the worst thing you can do (assuming they're not dashboard quitting).

Nine times out of ten people quit because their team is just getting rolled over.

Also it won't matter after a few weeks have passed and the trophy hunters have their pixel gold.

Superflat

Stupid question, but what's metagame? I see this phrase being used sometimes on MP games.

And matchmaking has improved with the new patch, huh? Guess I have no excuse not to play the Multiplayer now.

Metagame is the "game outside the game"

For TLOU it's the weekly survivor count/facebook stuff on your MP menu. All the parts you get during MP matches go towards keeping your survivor count high and healthy. The risk missions to get antibiotics or fend off invaders that pop up are also part of it.

mstevens

Huh? Quitting the game kills you in the metagame. It's the worst thing you can do (assuming they're not dashboard quitting).

Nine times out of ten people quit because their team is just getting rolled over.

Also it won't matter after a few weeks have passed and the trophy hunters have their pixel gold.

I think he means dashboard quitting. That just restarts the day.

ButchCassidy386

Neo Member
I got screwed last night because the server messed up and dropped 3 people right off the rip. So it was 2v3 then my teammate quit so it was only me. I was left with playing it out and making my friend wait, or quit. I quit, and it destroyed my survivors.

Kyoufu

I got screwed last night because the server messed up and dropped 3 people right off the rip. So it was 2v3 then my teammate quit so it was only me. I was left with playing it out and making my friend wait, or quit. I quit, and it destroyed my survivors.

In that situation I'd dashboard quit, not from the menu.

Loomba

I have 126 survivors on week 10, I just need to get 85 over 12 weeks and then I never have to care about all this survivor stuff again I can't wait

TyrantII

I have 126 survivors on week 10, I just need to get 85 over 12 weeks and then I never have to care about all this survivor stuff again I can't wait

I believe the magic number is 106 at day 3 of the last 100% challenge assuming you only lose 20%.

TyrantII

It'll die down once people have their gear unlocked and start focusing on downs, kdr, and parts. Until then cans are the name of the game.

1398567963808.png

After you unlock everything and you just don't care anymore about collecting supplies.....it's like playing a whole different game, it's so liberating.

Now I intentionally fail missions just to see them die and starve lol :D

Top Bottom