• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Kyoufu

Had a pretty good game with the Semi Auto. I'm trying to decide which feels better, a Smoke -> Shiv combo or a Molotov double kill.

Both are extremely satisfying.

Jeramii

Banned
Need a game. Alone this time, anyone have anything? I had to get offline for a minute and my game is gone. Add me: Jeramii

Edit: playing with Quint now. Add me if you want to join.

I just played a game of interrogation and I'm not really a fan of it. My team got to five interrogations before the other even got one, and they didn't get their five until about 6-7 minutes later. It ended up being a tie because of the BS locking speeds later on that can help a sucky team if they get lucky. I think locking speed should only increase in set time intervals after you get five interrogations. It shouldn't be a universal time that helps both teams.

I just played a game of interrogation and I'm not really a fan of it. My team got to five interrogations before the other even got one, and they didn't get their five until about 6-7 minutes later. It ended up being a tie because of the BS locking speeds later on that can help a sucky team if they get lucky. I think locking speed should only increase in set time intervals after you get five interrogations. It shouldn't be a universal time that helps both teams.
It's perfectly fine the way it is. It makes it interesting and gives a reason to attempt to sneak a last second victory. There has been some exciting games that went to the literal last second and we won because of it. Too bad I didn't save the match.

Auctopus

Tired of playing with Lone Wolves and people who don't heal.

Add me, UK, playing Hunters atm. Up for some mic play.

PSN: Auctopus

That look when you're about to get a shiv.

kD68tAs.jpg

mollipen

So, when I first played MP back on the PS3, I never even realized that there was the concept of healing other players (beyond revives). Playing around with the game again on the PS4, I found the loadout option where you can heal teammates - and I've never looked back.

I'm having a LOT more fun with MP now that I can play a role I more enjoy, reviving / healing people and providing some secondary gun support. I still hate that I can't pick my character - I swear I'm always some ugly old white guy - but I have a lot more appreciation for the mode now.

So, when I first played MP back on the PS3, I never even realized that there was the concept of healing other players (beyond revives). Playing around with the game again on the PS4, I found the loadout option where you can heal teammates - and I've never looked back.

I'm having a LOT more fun with MP now that I can play a role I more enjoy, reviving / healing people and providing some secondary gun support. I still hate that I can't pick my character - I swear I'm always some ugly old white guy - but I have a lot more appreciation for the mode now.

I love the healing roll as well, never used first aid in any of my loadouts on PS3 so I wanted to try everything this go around that I didn't back then and it really love it, unless the dingus you want to heal keeps moving.

I've been trying all sorts of loadouts this go around and having fun with almost all of them.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I thought it was custom, then I made the emblem, got all worked up on how it looks, and it turns out no one really cares about the emblem or what you look like. I spawn as a female or male, a different race, etc. The only thing that matters is your load out.

There's some real shitty airtime when someone's got their mic on and it's giving that horrible feedback sound. I almost instantly mute the match before it starts. I wish more matches were that quiet. Thankfully there are character voices to listen to. Hearing someone go on and on on the other side is probably one of the worst features to going online. Period. I don't see why some people play with mics. No ones actually going to work as a team for the majority of the match. It's all about self reliability and enjoying the game. Screw the voice mechanic.

Alucrid

Banned
clutch lockbox open

http://a.pomf.se/xuopsh.webm

Using crafting three, revive three and just using a silenced pistol is actually really fun. I always end up with a lot of items, gift at least 2 items near the start of the game, and still provide decent fire with my pistol. This only works when your teammates are decent though, can't do much against a whole team with just a pistol.

Kyoufu

Only when I'm not throwing them at my own feet by accident. It happens more than I like to admit.

At least yours make contact with something other than... well, jackshit. I whiffed so hard earlier today that even my random teammate was disgusted over voice chat. How embarrassing. :3

Yah everyone should have First Aid 2. It's so damn cheat.

I just love it when I'm healing a guy nonstop as he gets shot up and doesn't die. The other team wastes all their ammo on someone who doesn't drop lol.

wowlace

I thought it was custom, then I made the emblem, got all worked up on how it looks, and it turns out no one really cares about the emblem or what you look like. I spawn as a female or male, a different race, etc. The only thing that matters is your load out.

There's some real shitty airtime when someone's got their mic on and it's giving that horrible feedback sound. I almost instantly mute the match before it starts. I wish more matches were that quiet. Thankfully there are character voices to listen to. Hearing someone go on and on on the other side is probably one of the worst features to going online. Period. I don't see why some people play with mics. No ones actually going to work as a team for the majority of the match. It's all about self reliability and enjoying the game. Screw the voice mechanic.

I dunno man, I played with randoms yesterday and I was talking at them via mic. A lot of people did respond to my ques. I do like to say thanks to those that revive me too.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else sweat like crazy while playing this? Cause I sure do. Only game I can remember doing that. I would say it's because the games is super intense but I don't wanna sound like a bad 80's commercial.

Kyoufu

Anyone else sweat like crazy while playing this? Cause I sure do. Only game I can remember doing that. I would say it's because the games is super intense but I don't wanna sound like a bad 80's commercial.

Are you sure it's not because of the summer heat?

EL CUCO

I dunno man, I played with randoms yesterday and I was talking at them via mic. A lot of people did respond to my ques. I do like to say thanks to those that revive me too.

Lol I enjoy listening to people call out enemies and talking during a match...even if nobody else is responding. I usually only turn on my mic with randoms when I have to say "Dont open the lockbox yet, pleaaase!" during Interrogation.

Was todays patch supposed to address the matchmaking or are they still working on that?

1.02 was supposed to help out, as they re-wrote some of the code. They did say they would continue to review the matchmaking, so I'm sure the patch helped, but not a complete fix.

It's been working much better for me though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I've had that too, but I notice for whatever "good" you come across, that same many come off as being "bad". I had one match like it was the console launch day all over again, then I've had some where I wanted to break the remote so I could never turn up the volume ever again.

Like the guy I saved from getting sheaved at the University. He said, "Thanks Monk". I couldn't reply back, but I smiled at the screen. It's probably just repeating itself with standards and archaic jargon that offends people, but sometimes I feel like using the mic is pointless.

That humming noise is constant. It isn't like these people actually talk. You can hear what their roommates are doing, what they're watching, their conversations, etc.

EL CUCO

Matchmaking is still fucked up for me. Sitting here right now for about 20 minutes trying to find a game. I wish this would get fixed already....

You should never be waiting this long. If you haven't found a match after a couple minutes back out and try again. It usually throws me into a match almost instantly.

Edit: Late. Sorry

You should never be waiting this long. If you haven't found a match after a couple minutes back out and try again. It usually throws me into a match almost instantly.

Edit: Late. Sorry

Yeah thanks. I'm just gonna keep retrying then lol. Just chillin, drinking some beers and trying to enjoy some Last of Us MP dammit.

Edit: Finally found one yay!

ramuh

Ugh. I really wanted to play tonight but we had a bunch of people over and I smoked all day. Exhausted. Will be on tomorrow for sure.

Ugh. I really wanted to play tonight but we had a bunch of people over and I smoked all day. Exhausted. Will be on tomorrow for sure.

Damn, was gonna see if you wanted to play tonight :/

Ill be on tomorrow morning/afternoon myself but will be busy at night.

Top Bottom