• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

ramuh

ibbWQEMyc7Bmh7.gif

OMG. Sorry bro! Lol.

benjammin

Sorry to whoever I played with earlier. I was benjammin172, and my wife came home with her sister when I got the game invite. I tried to talk to them and play with the volume down and no mic and it was a shit show. My controller died and I figured it was a sign so I gave up. Fun games though, I laughed out loud at the nail bomb spam kill.

Following the tournament match today, somebody rekt me with the semi auto. After we were done, I decided to give it a go. Played with it for the past 2 hours or so and damn it's a great gun. But HOLY FUCK DOES IT COST SO MUCH TO GET THE 2ND UPGRADE. But it's totally worth it. It's my new favorite weapon and all I can say is damn, ND really did a great job of making all the weapons balanced. A truly impressive feat considering how often they tweaked weapons in Uncharted 3. Good stuff ND, good stuff.

ramuh

Following the tournament match today, somebody rekt me with the semi auto. After we were done, I decided to give it a go. Played with it for the past 2 hours or so and damn it's a great gun. But HOLY FUCK DOES IT COST SO MUCH TO GET THE 2ND UPGRADE. But it's totally worth it. It's my new favorite weapon and all I can say is damn, ND really did a great job of making all the weapons balanced. A truly impressive feat considering how often they tweaked weapons in Uncharted 3. Good stuff ND, good stuff.

I've fell in love in just running the enforcer and no big gun.

I wonder how many people are playing this game. I've been playing with randoms mostly and have played with a guy named andysweatpants at least 10 times over the past week.

So now there is no way to get the season pass that was on ps3 and have it transfer is there? I had no idea how multiplayer stuff is locked behind dlc.

*Apparently they stopped may 13th

Oscar

Maybe I'm just not that good, but I don't see the big deal about the Enforcer.
It has the best features of both pistols. The fire rate/accuracy of the 9mm, and some of the damage of the Revolver.

Well worth the DLC purchase, I love that gun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The metagame sucks tbfh. It's a good idea on paper, but people quit games when it's not going their way. Takes the fun out of it.

Eh, quitting so far has just made the day move forward and survivors sick/hungry. Maybe it's worse if you do it repeatedly, but doing it once or twice a week doesn't seem to be a huge deterrent.

Honestly, the "12 Weeks" meta-game is the thing that pisses me off. I've played about 10-20 matches so far and am in "week 3, day 1" where I have to continue to manage to have survivors to finish to 12 weeks and survive. Terrible.

Uncharted didn't have you continuously playing matches and hoping on doing well for the sake of completing a "campaign." :/

foxdvd

Eh, quitting so far has just made the day move forward and survivors sick/hungry. Maybe it's worse if you do it repeatedly, but doing it once or twice a week doesn't seem to be a huge deterrent.

Honestly, the "12 Weeks" meta-game is the thing that pisses me off. I've played about 10-20 matches so far and am in "week 3, day 1" where I have to continue to manage to have survivors to finish to 12 weeks and survive. Terrible.

Uncharted didn't have you continuously playing matches and hoping on doing well for the sake of completing a "campaign." :/

also, interrogation turns into a game of seeing how long you can keep it going instead of trying to win, so you can pad your score and get your survivor numbers up....

I don't know if this was fixed in the matchmaking patch, but the other day, they matches I played in were so lopsided. On my team there was one player that was ranked 1 and the rest of us were 0. The other team was made up of a 17, a 15, an 8, and a 9. Suffice to say, we were slaughtered every round. And each time a match ended, the teams for the most part stayed the same (especially the 17 and 15 guys). I know they weren't partied up, because I chose the MP that does not allow parties, yet they were in each mach together.

RedAssedApe

Banned
went the other night without winning a single game again...my friends and i keep getting matched up with people level 20 or higher. im not bad at these type of games but we are getting destroyed. seems like our guns just arent as good.

should we just drop out of a party andpick the parties not allowed mode to get opponents closer to our xp levels?

The MP is a sad joke (it was awesome on Ps3) because no one is working in a team,
I'm wounded? "Hey guys, one of our friends is down, just let him die!"
Or how about: "Hmm, seems I keep losing this match, so I better quit the game, fuck this team!"

...:/

The MP is a sad joke (it was awesome on Ps3) because no one is working in a team,
Or how about: "Hmm, seems I keep losing this match, so I better quit the game, fuck this team!"

The game has only been out for a couple of weeks on PS4. Lots of noobs still. If it gets too much for you, why not party up with some GAFers? Problem solved.

velociraptor

I had 115 population yesterday.

I always play with my friend though but the matchmaking is so broken it pairs us in opposite teams at times. I quit the game and now my population is 85.

Will I miss on any unlocks/rewards/trophies?

Gaz_RB

you really gotta team up with people you can communicate with and are willing to talk. Of course randoms are going to play like shit

lol this gif slayed me

Kyoufu

The day doesn't move forward and survivors aren't affected if you close the application from the OS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
also, interrogation turns into a game of seeing how long you can keep it going instead of trying to win, so you can pad your score and get your survivor numbers up....

Right. It's just a stupid thing to make a "survivor" game a survivor game, but it kinda flies in the face of multiplayer gameplay. :/

EL CUCO

Right. It's just a stupid thing to make a "survivor" game a survivor game, but it kinda flies in the face of multiplayer gameplay. :/

I actually like the meta game, what I DO NOT like is that sometimes it forces you to lose survivors even when you complete a challenge :(

Feel like every week I get hit by a 100% population risk...

Top Bottom