• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

I would go with default stealth loadout for bow, just go Covert 2 in sharp ears 1 instead so you have a space for shotty as backup weapon in tight situations.

Alienous

The metagame should have simply been shortened, and put in its own lobby. Therefore everyone trying to arbitrarily collect supplies are playing together. Call it the 'Factions' lobby, sort of like competition modes in other games.

Every other lobby would be players using the extent of everything available to play their best and win matches.

There are so many Stealth players in Survivors mode right now. I just had a match where 6 out of 8 players were using Stealth. Not very much fun.

The metagame should have simply been shortened, and put in its own lobby. Therefore everyone trying to arbitrarily collect supplies are playing together. Call it the 'Factions' lobby, sort of like competition modes in other games.

Every other lobby would be players using the extent of everything available to play their best and win matches.

Maybe some bonus missions for resources, or one use boosters that gives you a bonus percentage of resources or something.

Have you used the booster that gives you extra parts? Parts convert to resources too.

Alienous

We have room for 2 in a GAF group. Add me if you want in: kilgoreisdead

I'd join, but I still need rest. I put in a fucking pitiful performance (I'm Msharingan) and I must've fallen asleep while playing. Woke up midday in the UK.

Hopefully there's space available later in the day.

I wonder, are there any in-depth resources on weapons, skills, etc.? Only one I know of is SanchoWest's YouTube channel, but that's not very comprehensive and a bit dated. Might compile my own guide based on my PS3 experience with help where needed if there's some demand for it.

Loomba

Is there a limit on the types of missions you can do. So can I only do somany healing teammates missions? Or can I do it all the time?

Darknight

Is there a limit on the types of missions you can do. So can I only do somany healing teammates missions? Or can I do it all the time?

Every time you complete a mission, the next time you pick it, it will require more things to accomplish. This makes it so you either work harder to get the kills or whatever or pick something else. I completed my first 12 weeks and I must say its not bad at all. Its only bad when you have to change your class or play style to get kills.

Nvzman

No it isn't. It is almost never used in any competitive game.

I'm going to go with this quote again:
I see guys using the bow effectively at 2-5m.

I also see guys using it as a silent sniper from 30-40m.

The "reload" speed is ridiculous.

Its completely silent

The entire weapon is OP.

And Naughty Dog won't do a damn thing about it, the forums screamed about it since the ps3 launch.

ND designed it to be a sniper-ish weapon without the scope (hell it even does the same damage as the rifle, except it doesn't have that awkward-ass scope), instead people abuse its absurdly fast firing rate and high damage output.
This is from a damage analysis wiki page:
Bow:
Hunting_Rifle%27s_Damage_Output.png

Semi-Automatic:
Semi-Auto_Rifle%27s_Damage_Output.png

Revolver:
Revolver%27s_Damage_Output.png

So if you were body-shotted by a bow, it would only take 1 more hit with the absurdly fast firing rate to down someone (mind you, it completely knocks off armor too), where as the semi-auto would require 2 more shots.
There is no defending it. It is just an OP weapon that Naughty Dog refuses to nerf despite practically every non-user of the weapon clamoring for it. And at least one person per match uses it on the PS4 version anyway. Hell, I was playing a match where some guy with the bow got 18 downs with that thing and he wasn't half good at all in the previous match where he was using a burst rifle.

People also don't use it much in competitive games because IIRC some of the ones hosted on other sites actually banned them, or limited their use towards early matches.

AKyemeni

I'm going to go with this quote again:

ND designed it to be a sniper-ish weapon without the scope (hell it even does the same damage as the rifle, except it doesn't have that awkward-ass scope), instead people abuse its absurdly fast firing rate and high damage output.
This is from a damage analysis wiki page:
Bow:
Hunting_Rifle%27s_Damage_Output.png

Semi-Automatic:
Semi-Auto_Rifle%27s_Damage_Output.png

Revolver:
Revolver%27s_Damage_Output.png

So if you were body-shotted by a bow, it would only take 1 more hit with the absurdly fast firing rate to down someone (mind you, it completely knocks off armor too), where as the semi-auto would require 2 more shots.
There is no defending it. It is just an OP weapon that Naughty Dog refuses to nerf despite practically every non-user of the weapon clamoring for it. And at least one person per match uses it on the PS4 version anyway. Hell, I was playing a match where some guy with the bow got 18 downs with that thing and he wasn't half good at all in the previous match where he was using a burst rifle.

People also don't use it much in competitive games because IIRC some of the ones hosted on other sites actually banned them, or limited their use towards early matches.
These same calls for OP happened when the PS3 version came out, when everyone still crouch walked everywhere and stealth was everywhere.

Fast forward to today and on the PS3 version, you can play dozens of matches without seeing a single bow user.

If you use a bow and you are hit by shots, the pain wobble is absolutely ridiculous. You can let off 3 semi shots faster than you can fire off two shots with the bow. It is also the hardest weapon in the game to get a headshot with.

You almost always cannot use the bow aggressively and successfully against a competent team.

And can you please link me to the sites where the bow is banned? I'd like to see them.

Eh bows not that OP. I full auto bow users and they don't even hit me because I'm knocking their aim off and juking at the same time.

You would definitely need that perk that stops that in order to beat me with full auto.

Nvzman

These same calls for OP happened when the PS3 version came out, when everyone still crouch walked everywhere and stealth was everywhere.

Fast forward to today and on the PS3 version, you can play dozens of matches without seeing a single bow user.

If you use a bow and you are hit by shots, the pain wobble is absolutely ridiculous. You can let off 3 semi shots faster than you can fire off two shots with the bow. It is also the hardest weapon in the game to get a headshot with.

You almost always cannot use the bow aggressively and successfully against a competent team.
I've been playing the PS3 version for a long time too and while yes, there are less bow people on there, that's because playing with parties is the only way to truly beat bow users. The only way you can win against a bow user 1v1 in a gunfight is literally to pray he fucks up a shot. If you have a competent team, you can obviously take him down easily, but isn't that the case with every other weapon in the game?.
When you are playing with no parties 9 times out of 10 you are on a really bad team up against a bow user who can snipe you and down you before you can figure out who is shooting you. On top of that, they likely have covert training too, which means you can't even alert your teammates to their presence either.

Carbonox

No other multiplayer I've ever played as made me as joyous/enraged as this one. The unpredictability of it, the players, etc. It's an emotional whirlwind.

fuck bows man FUCK THEM

15 matches until I've beaten the Firefly Faction story and can be done with MP altogether (decided to Platinum the game as it will give me something to do until Destiny).

thats a lie ill probably still play why

I have a question, does TLOU use the mic on the playstation camera for in game chat at all? as when I speak I see no speaker symbol by my name on the game.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe this bow talk lol..

To the people who think its op, try to use it for a few rounds.. try to hit a running target or get a headshot against someone who isnt a beginner. The bow is only good if you sneak around all the time and hit isolated targets in the back. In every other encounter you're in a big disadvantage

Bow is definitely OP

It's the only weapon which can basically corner-shot ! And that's because firing animation is just broken.

Also it's the only weapon that enables you to retrieve ammo. You can also pick/steal arrows from your enemies !

And on top of that you start with 7 arrows. That's 3 and half downs ! No other weapon comes close to this.....

AKyemeni

Åesop;124734509 said:

To the people who think its op, try to use it for a few rounds.. try to hit a running target or get a headshot against someone who isnt a beginner. The bow is only good if you sneak around all the time and hit isolated targets in the back. In every other encounter you're in a big disadvantage
It's the same thing the people talked about when the PS3 version hit.

Bow is definitely OP

It's the only weapon which can basically corner-shot ! And that's because firing animation is just broken.

Also it's the only weapon that enables you to retrieve ammo. You can also pick arrows from your enemies !

And on top of that you start with 7 arrows. That's 3 and half downs ! No other weapon comes close to this.....

Corner shooting is there because of the insane damage wobble. The bow is practically useless until its first upgrade, too. You get more arrows because you're going to miss more. The max ammo for the bow is 16, anyway. The semi-auto is what? 40?

so the semi-auto is more powerful than the auto, right? I've been going back and forth messing with some different loadouts and it doesn't feel that way.

Brandwin

It has the best features of both pistols. The fire rate/accuracy of the 9mm, and some of the damage of the Revolver.

Well worth the DLC purchase, I love that gun.

I've been running with a silenced enforcer. What loadout do you recommend if I want to roll with just one gun, or do you all advise against it?

Åesop;124734509 said:

Yeah, bow is my main and you can pull off downing someone head on if you're fast and lucky but most of the time a rifle will beat you.

It's fun, but not OP. A lot of shortcomings to round it out.

I use bow a lot and it is definitively not OP. It has a lot of things going for it but in close range battle against a decent player it shows all of it's weaknesses.

The bow is amazing if you're sneaking or the enemy isn't focused on you. If you're using it in a firefight its not that good.

Also, I'm not sure how anyone can play this game without using the invisible in listen mode while crouched perk.

hey everybody. does anyone have any tips on how to get long range downs? I chose that as my week 7 mission and so far it has seemed impossible. I've down people (using the HR) from basically across the map on Dam and bill's town, and I still can't seem to get one to register. is this some sort of bug, or do you have to just be on certain maps or using a certain gun to get it?

I fear I am going to lose 60% of my population

Top Bottom