• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

kG70CpJ.gif

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is there some setting that will stop you from getting put on matches that are almost over?

Twice I have been put in a survivors match where the opposing team already has 3 victories.

Seriously. It's that restarted.

Cubed

Dudes, seriously, I can't even access multiplayer.

I keep getting "Authentication Failed" over and over. Is this a known issue or do I maybe have wifi/router settings F'ing me up? I feel like I can't play anything online since I moved and got a new internet provider.

Watch Dogs cut in and out, Destiny beta never worked, and now this won't even let me get to the MP sub menus.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I love it when I throw a smoke bomb and then rush in and get molested by 2 dudes after realising I didn't stun them. lol

I know that feel. :(

I'm week 4; day 1 in the PS3 version and I'm worried about the stupid missions. I've done healing twice and Shivs once. I worry that's about the only two I'm good at since hitting armored dudes with pistols is a fools errand for me.

Holy shit the game just crashed on me and I lost all of my progress for the past 7 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else? And it keeps signing me in to facebook. The fuck is going on?

Grinchy

Banned
Well the matchmaking is faster for me, but now if I'm in a 2 person party, it's splitting us up every single game no matter how many players are there before it starts. It's making no sense.

Tapejara

Well the matchmaking is faster for me, but now if I'm in a 2 person party, it's splitting us up every single game no matter how many players are there before it starts. It's making no sense.

I find if I try joining a game in a party, I get weird connection errors (see the video Jeramii posted) in game. They definitely still have some stuff to fix.

I keep getting "Authentication Failed" over and over. Is this a known issue or do I maybe have wifi/router settings F'ing me up? I feel like I can't play anything online since I moved and got a new internet provider.

Watch Dogs cut in and out, Destiny beta never worked, and now this won't even let me get to the MP sub menus.

You definitely have router issues.

At the start of a match are you too far away for sprinting to appear on the map or something? Because every game I'm in without fail people on my team sprint to the supply box but the enemy never appears on the radar.

At the start of a match are you too far away for sprinting to appear on the map or something? Because every game I'm in without fail people on my team sprint to the supply box but the enemy never appears on the radar.
I think so. Everyone always sprints to the box. Even if you did show up on radar it wouldn't do either team much good at the start.

Kemal86

uuuugghhhhh

40 matches played so far and Coal Mine has only shown up once and was voted out. Last one I need >.>

Going by the trophy %'s it's the lowest of the DLC maps by a small amount.

Loomba

I'm really not sure I can get 85 survivors after 12 weeks.

I'm on 128 with two 100% loss missions coming up. That's 40% off the population, so I need to get about 8 people in about a week while needing 100 supplies...

They make this unnecessarily hard ffs

Wha is your NAT type? If it is type3, you have some router/firewall/port issues. You can check it by doing PS4's network test.

I love it when you have to wait 15 seconds to spawn just as you are killed by your safe and the enemy starts unlocking it, no wait I hate it, seriously 15 second spawn wait, wtf.

Alienous

I love it when you have to wait 15 seconds to spawn just as you are killed by your safe and the enemy starts unlocking it, no wait I hate it, seriously 15 second spawn wait, wtf.

You realize the game mode simply wouldn't work without that spawn delay. If they immediately spawned you in the middle of the map, you could probably sprint to either side quite quickly. If you were spawned closer to your safe, they'd have no chance. If you were spawned closer to theirs, you'd be better off getting killed.

You realize the game mode simply wouldn't work without that spawn delay. If they immediately spawned you in the middle of the map, you could probably sprint to either side quite quickly. If you were spawned closer to your safe, they'd have no chance. If you were spawned closer to theirs, you'd be better off getting killed.

then it should be 8-10 seconds that spawn time lost us the match which btw was 3 (our side) vs 4 (their side) in which until that spawn rate messed us over we were winning. They had completely unlocked the safe before the 15 seconds were up, total joke. From no quadrants to all in less than 15 seconds, game didnt even give us a chance.

oh and i'm not complaining about there being a spawn delay i'm complaining about how damn long that one was and how it cost us the match.

Cudder

I know a lot of people swear by the semi auto rifle, and it's what I've been using most of the time, but I just switched to the auto rifle and am absolutely wrecking people. You actually stand a chance if you're facing off with someone with armour.

Kyoufu

I know a lot of people swear by the semi auto rifle, and it's what I've been using most of the time, but I just switched to the auto rifle and am absolutely wrecking people. You actually stand a chance if you're facing off with someone with armour.

I'm a big fan of the Full Auto but I feel like Semi has a higher skill cap, so I've been trying to get better with that.

Full Auto is just so nice though :s

Cubed

Wha is your NAT type? If it is type3, you have some router/firewall/port issues. You can check it by doing PS4's network test.

Just checked it and I have Type 2. What does this mean?

Excuse my ignorance, please.

EDIT:
So, I Googled it and see Type 2 means hooked to a router and using wifi, Type 1 is a direct link/Ethernet... not sure what Type 3 is.

Anyway, is it possible I have some protection activated? If I have a Type 2 NAT connection but can't get online games to work I guess I have some strict filtering going on, but I have no idea how to change it.

TyrantII

I'm really not sure I can get 85 survivors after 12 weeks.

I'm on 128 with two 100% loss missions coming up. That's 40% off the population, so I need to get about 8 people in about a week while needing 100 supplies...

They make this unnecessarily hard ffs

It should be IMO. Especially since there's no trophy attached, just bragging rights.

The magic number is 106 clan members on your last day of week 12 assuming you've aced the level 3 challenge.

Interrogation makes it much easier.

Just checked it and I have Type 2. What does this mean?

Excuse my ignorance, please.

EDIT:
So, I Googled it and see Type 2 means hooked to a router and using wifi, Type 1 is a direct link/Ethernet... not sure what Type 3 is.

Anyway, is it possible I have some protection activated? If I have a Type 2 NAT connection but can't get online games to work I guess I have some strict filtering going on, but I have no idea how to change it.

NAT Type2 should be good. I have that too and everything works well. There still might be some ports blocked or some other network related problems. Here is some guides about port forwarding and router settings.
http://portforward.com/

Loomba

Is there any reason why we need 106 members on the last day?

It's just to get the skull mask, it requires 85 members after 12 weeks. There is a 20% off population mission near the end takes you to 85 if you have 106 members at that time.

I'll probably do it, just really hard imo. Realised I haven't done any revive missions and I'm on level 2 give items so I can do that too with Crafter 3.

I've never tried interrogation so I'll try that tonight, thanks.

stryke

I'm probably lttp on this guy but watching a livestream on twitch atm by some guy by the name of TommyLoveHD - his team is absolutely steamrolling every match, it's amazing.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Matchmaking doesnt really puts you with people of your same level, isnt it? seeing lots of lvl 1-2s against lvl 20-30s.

There has been no consistency with matchmaking. I get paired with freakishly good players on missions where I need to make constraints quite a bit and end up having to quit the game using the XMB button to prevent my day from advancing.

Top Bottom