• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

EL CUCO

My emblem :)

i6QC3Yn.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also, I'm not sure how anyone can play this game without using the invisible in listen mode while crouched perk.

Easy. Stop moving like a jackrabbit every five seconds and you'll be invisible to listen since you aren't moving.

The bow is amazing if you're sneaking or the enemy isn't focused on you. If you're using it in a firefight its not that good.

Also, I'm not sure how anyone can play this game without using the invisible in listen mode while crouched perk.

Walk a lot. Your opponent can't keep up with you and stay invisible at the same time. Being out in the open too long from crouch-walking everywhere also leaves them vulnerable. More experienced players, with a bit of map knowledge and strategic positioning, will do their best to keep an eye on corners, giving enemies little chance to flank them unless they're occupied with another enemy. How long they spend though is up to skill and firepower and, well, some people are simply monsters on the field. They just wanna see you -try- to kill them.

Edit: Or ^^^.

Carbonox

is there any greater fear than when one of those 100% moments appear?

I'm so fucked. I think I've done three healing missions already lol.

The 100% missions are extremely easy providing:

* You do them on Interrogation. Why? Because everyone pricks around in this mode so you have pretty much up to the full time limit to work on your mission choice. With 3 days to roll with you should easily complete the minimum requirement in just one day's worth of Interrogation. Do another if you miss out.
* You ensure you left the easiest tasks alone for when you come across the 100% missions. All the other missions either add population or remove a lower percentage so you can use the harder tasks on those as if you fail, no big deal. The easiest ones are the Downs, Executions, Marks, individual weapon Downs, etc. and they should be left for your 100% missions.

It's very simple to get through.

Anywho I just finished my second Faction 12 week mission so that's 2 dots next to my name now and the final multiplayer trophy left to obtain is now acquired. On to single player to Platinum!

The 100% missions are extremely easy providing:

* You do them on Interrogation. Why? Because everyone pricks around in this mode so you have pretty much up to the full time limit to work on your mission choice. With 3 days to roll with you should easily complete the minimum requirement in just one day's worth of Interrogation. Do another if you miss out.
* You ensure you left the easiest tasks alone for when you come across the 100% missions. All the other missions either add population or remove a lower percentage so you can use the harder tasks on those as if you fail, no big deal. The easiest ones are the Downs, Executions, Marks, individual weapon Downs, etc. and they should be left for your 100% missions.

It's very simple to get through.

Anywho I just finished my second Faction 12 week mission so that's 2 dots next to my name now and the final multiplayer trophy left to obtain is now acquired. On to single player to Platinum!

Gift-giving and healing are the easiest as they require no skill

Kyoufu

Welp. I'm totally boned since I used healing missions on non-100%ers.
LLShC.gif

I could do the gifting one I guess. Seems pretty easy.

Carbonox

Gift-giving and healing are the easiest as they require no skill

I don't think I did a single one of those. :lol

Oh well, I had more than enough missions remaining to easily complete the 100% missions.

Speaking of completed faction stories, seeing people who've completed 3 or 4 faction stories already blows my mind. Crazy how much people get through.

Kyoufu

I don't think I did a single one of those. :lol

Oh well, I had more than enough missions remaining to easily complete the 100% missions.

Speaking of completed faction stories, seeing people who've completed 3 or 4 faction stories already blows my mind. Crazy how much people get through.

I saw someone at level 80 or something a few days ago. I don't think it's even possible to play that many games with this broken matchmaking :lol

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This new patch that is supposed to improve matchmaking has pretty much made it the worst fucking thing in existence.

I have played 5 separate times today and I have been stuck with a 15 minute wait.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Sushen

Yeah, bow is my main and you can pull off downing someone head on if you're fast and lucky but most of the time a rifle will beat you.

It's fun, but not OP. A lot of shortcomings to round it out.
As a guy with rifle with no upgrade, unless I get a headshot, even if I hit a guy with bow first, I lose the encounter. I guess, it's more of being a level 0 guy in this MP is no fun and frustrating.

Alienous

As a guy with rifle with no upgrade, unless I get a headshot, even if I hit a guy with bow first, I lose the encounter. I guess, it's more of being a level 0 guy in this MP is no fun and frustrating.

You have to team up with players. Join GAF lobbies. You'll improve.

Kyoufu

Well, to kill with a bow only requires 2 body shots, or 1 headshot. Rifles don't stand a chance if the bow wielder doesn't miss.

woen

Just did a few 'Supply raid' matches. You clearly enjoy it when you are with a good team who knows how to move together, shoot and revive allies. I'm still learning how to play in multiplayer (it's not infected or IA anymore), but I think it's going to reconcile me with MP for at least a few weeks...
The matching system is pretty slow and the loading screens too long.

Does someone know why I have a white plug on my screen and why I can't move during a few seconds while it appears ? Connection lost ? I was the only one in the match who had the 5 green thing in the menu.

edit : I love these 3 vs 4 matches, with 2 level 0-2 in the 3 people team, and 3 level 10+ in the other, so fair.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Tried for about 30mins to get a match today but no go. Seems to be getting worse for me. Oh yeah and fuck the bow! Fast, good range, silent, powerful and starts with 7 ammo! What the!

I love it when I throw a smoke bomb and then rush in and get molested by 2 dudes after realising I didn't stun them. lol

Yeah that or they wake up right before I reach them. Happens every time. >< I need to learn to just shoot them from far away!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Teammates running off so my "support" class can't heal and revive them. Pisses me off.

I also hate having to double-tap to get my smoke bombs out. It's extremely cumbersome, so it throwing the damn thing from cover. Ugh, I miss Gears/Uncharted's cover systems. D:

That said, landing a smoke rushing up as someone is pinging you and nailing the person you smoked
just to die after
feels badass.

Kyoufu

Teammates running off so my "support" class can't heal and revive them. Pisses me off.

I also hate having to double-tap to get my smoke bombs out. It's extremely cumbersome, so it throwing the damn thing from cover. Ugh, I miss Gears/Uncharted's cover systems. D:

That said, landing a smoke rushing up as someone is pinging you and nailing the person you smoked
just to die after
feels badass.

I love it when I throw a smoke bomb and then rush in and get molested by 2 dudes after realising I didn't stun them. lol

Egg0

Banned
Got into a match where some dude kept cussing and complaining about not having backup while sprinting off on his own.

My other two teammates and I stuck together and luckily we barely won it, even though the bulk of our reinforcements was used up on Mr. Badass.

Ryuuga

Banned
Who here has purchased a survival skill? I have not yet, but if I do I might as well find out which one is worth the money if any at all.

Kyoufu

Yeah that's the one I was eyeing, the most expensive of the bunch, but seemed useful for the amount of crouch walking you tend to do.

It's decent but I don't use it anymore. It's probably useful for certain builds, but I'm going to stick with Brawler 1 from now on.

Proxy

Just had an amazing match in which I joined late on a losing 2 player team with 5 respawns (enemy had 12) left and then proceeded to turn that shit around. Ended up going 10-0. Had to stop playing today because there's no way I'm going to top that.

EL CUCO

I have fallen in love with Survivors mode.

I cant get enough of it. So tense, and I feel that randoms value their life a bit more.

Top Bottom