• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Having issues with forming parties... pretty weird stuff.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The matchmaking has borked up again. I was having no issue last couple of nights, now I can't find a damn game. Doesn't matter the game type.

So lame.

I know the feels and when it does put me in a match its far enough into it that it won't advance me a day.

Rixxan

this is getting infuriating

i dont have the time to sit in lobbies for 15 minutes looking for a game

what the hell man, cmon

RedAssedApe

Banned
i suck at this game but its oddly addicting. maybe a pride thing where i refuse to rage quit. played til 4 am on fri/sat morning until we finally won a game lmao

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This thing is straight-up broken for me right now. Can't even get into a solo game. Can't form a party.

i suck at this game but its oddly addicting. maybe a pride thing where i refuse to rage quit. played til 4 am on fri/sat morning until we finally won a game lmao

It is very immersive and I think it works well with teamplay, even without using a mic and playing with strangers.

I don't really agree with the damage modelling and think it's odd that the game modes are so limited. I wish we could have a 'Survival' mode without the strict timelimit and without the 'listen' mode...

Quixz

Enjoying the game a lot, it's currently 2:46AM and I have work in a few hours :D
Not a trophy hunter but this game is stingy as hell!!

matchmaking is dead

takes 20+ minutes of sitting in no-party supply raid to get dumped into an in-progress match

Yea things were rough tonight for me. We sat around for over 30 minutes unable to get into a match. After getting worked in our tournament match we played some random games and so much weird stuff was happening. Literally watched a friend hit a guy twice who had no armor with the 2x4 and the guy didn't go down and instead punched him out. lol

Mullah88

I sprint to supply boxes all the time. :p

Don't know why people bitch about that, the beginning of a match I always sprint to the farthest supply box and double back to the one back at the spawn point. I remember on the ps3, on checkpoint the SB inside the pharmacy always had the 2x4 and the box outside had the crafting tools to mod it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Weird that so many people are having matchmaking problems tonight. It's been almost instant for me today. Are you guys in parties? I've been having zero problems getting into Supply Raid matches with no parties.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Anyone have any weird lag in general? Couple players tonight where I felt like I was getting enough hits to drop but they kept going. Didn't think much of it until the matchmaking fucked up.

Does this game have zero concept of what matchmaking is?

Like, three games in a row. Couple of 1's versus peeps in their 20's. Just rolled over.

GG Naughty Dog.

Between all the Microtransactions including paying for perks and weapons, and all these server issues I'm really disappointed in Naughty Dog and Sony.

I was having a hell of a time getting into anything, but finally was able to get into Survivor (no parties) for a round.

Played with some dude who kept talking and trying to be strategic, but ended up flipping out and yelling "OH MY GOD FUCK THIS GAME" when he got killed haha

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I was having a hell of a time getting into anything, but finally was able to get into Survivor (no parties) for a round.

Played with some dude who kept talking and trying to be strategic, but ended up flipping out and yelling "OH MY GOD FUCK THIS GAME" when he got killed haha

That's when you should start stealing his executions for double trouble.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does this game have zero concept of what matchmaking is?

Like, three games in a row. Couple of 1's versus peeps in their 20's. Just rolled over.

GG Naughty Dog.

It's even worse on PS3 when you're rank 0-20's going against two 200-300's. It's like "really, Naughty Dog?"

Even worse is when you get a 100 with three 0-20's and you're facing off against a 300 with 0-20's. The 100 will run off to try to solo while getting creamed by three people (generally the 300 and two low ranks) while you (0-10) try to heal them/support them only to run off like rabbits.

I hate the fact I have to deal with 50+ rounds of this TWICE to get the two faction survived trophies. Uncharted wasn't this sadistic for people that didn't care about the multiplayer with that. "Hey, you just have to complete a few rounds with versus and co-op and then you can forget it if you don't like it. Cool?" Here: "Fuck you guys, you're gonna have to survive a meta game and hope your team does okay-ish to survive for 'twelve weeks!'" :|

(And I say that as someone that REALLY enjoyed Uncharted's multiplayer until Naughty Dog ruined it 'Call of Duty'-fying it with 1.05 in Uncharted 2.)

It's even worse on PS3 when you're rank 0-20's going against two 200-300's. It's like "really, Naughty Dog?"

Even worse is when you get a 100 with three 0-20's and you're facing off against a 300 with 0-20's. The 100 will run off to try to solo while getting creamed by three people (generally the 300 and two low ranks) while you (0-10) try to heal them/support them only to run off like rabbits.

I hate the fact I have to deal with 50+ rounds of this TWICE to get the two faction survived trophies. Uncharted wasn't this sadistic for people that didn't care about the multiplayer with that. "Hey, you just have to complete a few rounds with versus and co-op and then you can forget it if you don't like it. Cool?" Here: "Fuck you guys, you're gonna have to survive a meta game and hope your team does okay-ish to survive for 'twelve weeks!'" :|

(And I say that as someone that REALLY enjoyed Uncharted's multiplayer until Naughty Dog ruined it 'Call of Duty'-fying it with 1.05 in Uncharted 2.)

If you're giving shit to ND for "forcing" you to play 168 matches of mp, instead of just ignoring the meta game and playing for fun...well the problem here isn't ND.

Fuck anyone that...

-Buys the Enforcer; because they damn well can't use the stock guns. How can the accuracy, recoil, and rate of fire be so good? Really unfair, even though it's a low price; it's pathetic of Naughty Dog to do that. Needs to be nerfed.

-Uses the Bow; honestly? Do I have to explain this? 2 hits to the body, a ridiculous rate of fire, and no reload basically. I refuse to use (heh) this weapon. Honestly takes no skill, and the fact that you don't show up on radar paired with the fact the thing makes near no noise when I have my headphones on full blast is ridiculous. Needs to be nerfed.

-Throws Molotovs. Honestly fuck these things. It's really just pathetic when someone camps in the back of the map behind a wall and waits for me to get close enough for them to kill me with one. Way overpowered, and should not be insta-kill. Takes the skill out of the game and pretty much breaks it, especially when you can carry multiple. Needs to be nerfed.

Okay, I understand that Naughty Dog needs this stuff in the game to celebrate the casual gamer or people who really don't have the skills to use anything else. I just really wanted some skill based MP, but these things ruin it for me. Hopefully ND sorts this stuff out fast.

Edit/TL;DR Rant over. I missed skill based games.

Edit 2: Add new Gamemode for people who actually want to play without handicaps

Auctopus

Fuck anyone that...

-Buys the Enforcer; because they damn well can't use the stock guns. How can the accuracy, recoil, and rate of fire be so good? Really unfair, even though it's a low price; it's pathetic of Naughty Dog to do that. Needs to be nerfed.

-Uses the Bow; honestly? Do I have to explain this? 2 hits to the body, a ridiculous rate of fire, and no reload basically. I refuse to use (heh) this weapon. Honestly takes no skill, and the fact that you don't show up on radar paired with the fact the thing makes near no noise when I have my headphones on full blast is ridiculous. Needs to be nerfed.

-Throws Molotovs. Honestly fuck these things. It's really just pathetic when someone camps in the back of the map behind a wall and waits for me to get close enough for them to kill me with one. Way overpowered, and should not be insta-kill. Takes the skill out of the game and pretty much breaks it, especially when you can carry multiple. Needs to be nerfed.

Okay, I understand that Naughty Dog needs this stuff in the game to celebrate the casual gamer or people who really don't have the skills to use anything else. I just really wanted some skill based MP, but these things ruin it for me. Hopefully ND sorts this stuff out fast.

Joke post? No point ever complaining how people play a multiplayer game. Just outplay them.

Joke post? No point ever complaining how people play a multiplayer game. Just outplay them.

Uh no. I always outplay them. I usually go around 15-1 every game, but that one death aggravates me because it's usually never from losing a legitimate gunfight, it's some noob-friendly unbalanced death that could easily be fixed by ND.

Loomba

Fuck anyone that...

Enforcer requires 4 shots to down, revolver requires 3; it balances out.

Molotov requires you to get materials from like 3 different boxes and you only get it if you don't build anything else beforehand, it balances out (imo)

I agree on the bow though.

nomis

How to instantly balance the bow:

Make it's damage output relative to how long it's drawn, with max damage being a couple of seconds, not milliseconds.

Make the redraw time longer.

Mullah88

Fuck anyone that...

Edit 2: Add new Gamemode for people who actually want to play without handicaps

Only agree with your last edit (2). They need to add a game mode that's grounded+, no listening mode, only thing in the supply boxes are ammo and you get 1 molly and one crafted bomb. No perks, all weapons are maxed or left on the second level.

Why can't a dev have the balls to make a mp game where it's about skills and not the perks you have equipped? Or the guns you bought

Top Bottom