• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Gold Member
Really enjoying the MP on this. I've put more time in on Survivor than I have single player, which is very rare for me. Still learning all the maps but so far I've been rocking the semi auto with silencer and it kicks some serious ass.

Got my 40 survivor trophy tonight too which was nice :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm curious to see who will stick around for this post-diablo and post-destiny

i don't think i'm going anywhere #shorty

Smidget

Everyone still having problems joining games while in parties? My brother and I tried to play last night and got like 2 matches in and between each of us joining each other and resetting matchmaking a bunch of times we got no where :(

aro52

Destiny will definitely be getting a big chunk of my time, but as others have said, they're very different games. I'll keep TLOU in the rotation as long as I'm enjoying it!

Everyone still having problems joining games while in parties? My brother and I tried to play last night and got like 2 matches in and between each of us joining each other and resetting matchmaking a bunch of times we got no where :(

A buddy and I get into matches just fine the first time, but it will usually split us up after a round or two. Kinda annoying, but kinda fun to hunt each other! We keep a side score until it puts us back together.

Vodh

Why wouldn't there be an option to see a small icon when your mic is active? Whyyy?

Never really played with a mic on console, am I in for a world of pain? The world where I'm the only one with a mic and the only thing I ever say is 'Hey can anyone hear me?'

Increasingly moving towards Team Fuck-The-Metagame. It feels like I'm being punished for playing Supply Raid. Even when our team wins handily my matches in that mode are rarely profitable.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Edit/TL;DR Rant over. I missed skill based games.

it is a skill based game, as well as a communication based one.

i think what you're referring to is that it's a slightly unbalanced skill based game... which i can agree with. the enforcer and damage targeting dlc items would compliment my play style a lot but i'm not going to buy the dlc. it's shitty, so i drew a line in the sand and i'm not going to personally support it. having said that, i'm not going to dismiss the otherwise great mp ND built.

Why wouldn't there be an option to see a small icon when your mic is active? Whyyy?

Never really played with a mic on console, am I in for a world of pain? The world where I'm the only one with a mic and the only thing I ever say is 'Hey can anyone hear me?'

play with gaffers only

Im also not going anywhere. Love this!

It's a totally different game. It will be in my library for a long time. #hawkeye3

Destiny will definitely be getting a big chunk of my time, but as others have said, they're very different games. I'll keep TLOU in the rotation as long as I'm enjoying it!

I won't be playing destiny, or any other big MP game coming out soon. TLoU all the way.

I'm gonna stick with it I think.

sweet. i'm planning to stick around for a while, too. no other MP looks like it's gonna touch this for a while.

Portugeezer

The MP is intense, but I'm getting used to it now.

Weapon damage seems weird though, sometimes I feel like I shoot people plenty of times in what seems the face and they don't go down. Any breakdown of how the damage works on this game?

I only play Survivors because I enjoy modes with no respawns, have to really think about sticking close to team mates, reviving, and causing a distraction and getting attention elsewhere.

edit: also, how do you tag players on this? I've seen people tagged, I've been tagged myself.

The MP is intense, but I'm getting used to it now.

Weapon damage seems weird though, sometimes I feel like I shoot people plenty of times in what seems the face and they don't go down. Any breakdown of how the damage works on this game?

I only play Survivors because I enjoy modes with no respawns, have to really think about sticking close to team mates, reviving, and causing a distraction and getting attention elsewhere.

edit: also, how do you tag players on this? I've seen people tagged, I've been tagged myself.

Look here http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/Factions#Basic_Weapons for details on how much damage certain weapons inflict.

And you tag people by aiming at them and pressing R3 at the same time.

i don't think i'm going anywhere #shorty

Not me, that's for sure. I only bought it as a stop-gap until Destiny.

It's fun, but I played like 50 hours of the MP on PS3 and had my fill. The PS4 version just happened to come out at the right time for me to play it again for a bit.

Would some Gaffers mind adding me so I don't have to always play with randoms. Unfortunately I don't have a headset but I do have common sense and did play well during my PS3 experience.

PSN: Kill Deaf Radio

I'll search through the thread and add some folks after work. I'm east coast and typically try to play after 7 p.m. during the week and sporadically on weekends. Hope to see some of you fine folk out there!

xinek

I really wish that when your team is down players, you'd get extra supplies from the boxes. Being down even one player is a massive hindrance.

Would some Gaffers mind adding me so I don't have to always play with randoms. Unfortunately I don't have a headset but I do have common sense and did play well during my PS3 experience.

PSN: Kill Deaf Radio

I'll search through the thread and add some folks after work. I'm east coast and typically try to play after 7 p.m. during the week and sporadically on weekends. Hope to see some of you fine folk out there!

Those are almost exactly the same times I and a few others play each week. We all have mics but I dont mind playing with those who dont (I dont use mine all the time anyway).

I tried adding you on PSN but it said it couldnt find you. Send me a request when you get a chance: brickwalker0

Those are almost exactly the same times I and a few others play each week. We all have mics but I dont mind playing with those who dont (I dont use mine all the time anyway).

I tried adding you on PSN but it said it couldnt find you. Send me a request when you get a chance: brickwalker0

Will do! Also, I failed to mention that there are underscores between each word (Kill_Deaf_Radio). That was probably the problem! I'll try to be on later tonight and maybe we can play a few matches!

GoaThief

Is there some trick to seeing through smoke, is it less desnse at 60fps or something?

Particularly noticeable today when I was spectating and someone solo with no tagging ability took two down whilst I couldn't see through it at all.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone playing atm? Randoms are kind of annoying me today... and I'm about to go into week 12 for my last MP trophy (finally done with the fanatical terrorist fireflies -- and lets be honest, their dumb-ass scarves) and if I lose mission on week 12 I will be so defeated.

Simo

I had some good games last night with Survivors despite the fucking stupid matchmaking.

Never mind putting us against higher level ranked players, which honestly doesn't mean anything, but the main issue was if a player left the opposing the team the game thinks it's a good idea to take one of our players from the team and put it on the opposite team leaving us with 3 v 4. It happened like that all night where either a 4th player would join on our team and then fucking leave during a round or it would take one of our new team mates and throw them on the other team during the next game leaving us with 3 again.

Loomba

z8kkFn6.jpg

Awwwwww yeah! ended up with 92 survivors. Completely MVP'ed the last two games got like 6000 parts in both of them.

It was a good job as well because I thought I thought I was on day 6 and not day 7 haha.

I can actually relax a little now!

Nvzman

The revolver + Reviving/Healing perks are godlike.
The other day I got 6,700 parts in a match off of this loadout.
My highest population is 129, and that's hard as shit to manage. How do people even make 400?

The revolver + Reviving/Healing perks are godlike.
The other day I got 6,700 parts in a match off of this loadout.
My highest population is 129, and that's hard as shit to manage. How do people even make 400?

The only things I can think of is semi-boosting with a loadout similar to the one you described.

Play Interrogation with a godly team, farm kills + be the only healer and communicate with your team so you heal them every chance you get.

Revolver
Crafter 3
First aid 3
(leftover point)

Perhaps?

AKyemeni

The only things I can think of is semi-boosting with a loadout similar to the one you described.

Play Interrogation with a godly team, farm kills + be the only healer and communicate with your team so you heal them every chance you get.

Revolver
Crafter 3
First aid 3
(leftover point)

Perhaps?
Crafter 3 is pointless, especially when you will be winning the whole time.

Replace it with executioner 3 and then slap on collector 1.

Meneses

I was having a lot of fun with randoms, the matches were quite balanced, but after like 3 or 4 the game just decides to matchmake all over again, separating everyone.

I hate it when that happens.

Footos22

Jesus christ.. so that's what it looks like when using it. OP as hell :( They should increase the drawing time or otherwise nerf it.

I liked the part where that chap but a few rounds in me and I turned and missed once then hit him twice and still killed him lol

Bow was OP as hell in the ps3 version and they did nothing to fix it in this one. Every match there are several people with that thing just destroying with it. I finished hunter story, and am about halfway through firefly. I just want to get it over at this point. I even started quitting out of matches to skip days. Great multiplayer destroyed by a few things that people have been complaining about for like a year. That lag(maybe?) where you get shot when behind walls is just as bad as it was in uncharted also

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just had probably my best game. Carried the hell out of my team. I went 21-15-5, 6430 parts. I ended up winning at the end 2v1 within the last 10 seconds.

Beatrix

Firefly/Hunter Journey trophies are my last 2 before platinum....such a drag. Anyone have tips to make this go by faster besides skipping games? At week 7 for the hunter journey :(

Firefly/Hunter Journey trophies are my last 2 before platinum....such a drag. Anyone have tips to make this go by faster besides skipping games? At week 7 for the hunter journey :(

theres not really anything besides quitting matches. I mean, obviously playing in a party makes it feel faster I guess. Maybe interrogation...but people like to farm in there, so it could wind up taking multiple times longer if you dont want to quit.

I still hate the bow and everyone who's using it. Overpowered piece of shit :(
I honestly get downed by less than one archer every three or four games. If you're positionally sound and aware, there isn't much a bow can do against you when you're riddling their face with fucking bullets.

Top Bottom