• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Jinjo

Only agree with your last edit (2). They need to add a game mode that's grounded+, no listening mode, only thing in the supply boxes are ammo and you get 1 molly and one crafted bomb. No perks, all weapons are maxed or left on the second level.

Why can't a dev have the balls to make a mp game where it's about skills and not the perks you have equipped? Or the guns you bought

That sounds like the most boring gamemode ever. The loadout system is what makes the multi fun, so many ways to play (and kick ass).

Also, the bow is fine. A good semi-auto player will always outfire a good bow user.

Enforcer requires 4 shots to down, revolver requires 3; it balances out.

Molotov requires you to get materials from like 3 different boxes and you only get it if you don't build anything else beforehand, it balances out (imo)

I agree on the bow though.

The problem with the molotov is that you can get it from crafting as well. I've been in so many matches where both sides have a stockpile of them. Even worse is when the game gives the losing team a free one. Not balanced, just very annoying.

Superflat

Fuck anyone that...

-Buys the Enforcer; because they damn well can't use the stock guns. How can the accuracy, recoil, and rate of fire be so good? Really unfair, even though it's a low price; it's pathetic of Naughty Dog to do that. Needs to be nerfed.

-Uses the Bow; honestly? Do I have to explain this? 2 hits to the body, a ridiculous rate of fire, and no reload basically. I refuse to use (heh) this weapon. Honestly takes no skill, and the fact that you don't show up on radar paired with the fact the thing makes near no noise when I have my headphones on full blast is ridiculous. Needs to be nerfed.

-Throws Molotovs. Honestly fuck these things. It's really just pathetic when someone camps in the back of the map behind a wall and waits for me to get close enough for them to kill me with one. Way overpowered, and should not be insta-kill. Takes the skill out of the game and pretty much breaks it, especially when you can carry multiple. Needs to be nerfed.

Okay, I understand that Naughty Dog needs this stuff in the game to celebrate the casual gamer or people who really don't have the skills to use anything else. I just really wanted some skill based MP, but these things ruin it for me. Hopefully ND sorts this stuff out fast.

Edit/TL;DR Rant over. I missed skill based games.

Edit 2: Add new Gamemode for people who actually want to play without handicaps

So fuck anyone that plays the game? lol

I dunno man, it's stuff everyone has access to. Everyone has their preferred load out and play their own way.

There's plenty of skill to be shown through TLOU MP.

Jinjo

So fuck anyone that plays the game? lol

I dunno man, it's stuff everyone has access to. Everyone has their preferred load out and play their own way.

There's plenty of skill to be shown through TLOU MP.

Making different loadouts work in all sorts of situations, even ones they are not good for takes skill in my book.

All this skill = fox only, no items, final destination mindset needs to go.

Mullah88

That sounds like the most boring gamemode ever. The loadout system is what makes the multi fun, so many ways to play (and kick ass).

Also, the bow is fine. A good semi-auto player will always outfire a good bow user.

You can still have your load outs. Just remove the perks. Some of us like boring skill based shooters...Not that the game doesn't require skills as is, just something more hardcore

Fuck anyone that...

-Buys the Enforcer; because they damn well can't use the stock guns. How can the accuracy, recoil, and rate of fire be so good? Really unfair, even though it's a low price; it's pathetic of Naughty Dog to do that. Needs to be nerfed.

-Uses the Bow; honestly? Do I have to explain this? 2 hits to the body, a ridiculous rate of fire, and no reload basically. I refuse to use (heh) this weapon. Honestly takes no skill, and the fact that you don't show up on radar paired with the fact the thing makes near no noise when I have my headphones on full blast is ridiculous. Needs to be nerfed.

-Throws Molotovs. Honestly fuck these things. It's really just pathetic when someone camps in the back of the map behind a wall and waits for me to get close enough for them to kill me with one. Way overpowered, and should not be insta-kill. Takes the skill out of the game and pretty much breaks it, especially when you can carry multiple. Needs to be nerfed.

Okay, I understand that Naughty Dog needs this stuff in the game to celebrate the casual gamer or people who really don't have the skills to use anything else. I just really wanted some skill based MP, but these things ruin it for me. Hopefully ND sorts this stuff out fast.

lol, all this whining and you don't mention the one-hit planks? I'm surprised.

Kyoufu

You know what my biggest peeve is?

The sad fact that if there's anything between you and the enemy then your melee weapon won't reach them.

For example if they're behind a wall which is only 5 inches thick then I have to be on their side of the wall in order to hit them. That's really annoying.

hesido

Uh no. I always outplay them. I usually go around 15-1 every game, but that one death aggravates me because it's usually never from losing a legitimate gunfight, it's some noob-friendly unbalanced death that could easily be fixed by ND.

While I agree about the bow, you are against these because you want to go 16-0?? Really? Give that "noob" a chance, will you?

Loomba

You know what my biggest peeve is?

The sad fact that if there's anything between you and the enemy then your melee weapon won't reach them.

For example if they're behind a wall which is only 5 inches thick then I have to be on their side of the wall in order to hit them. That's really annoying.

So you want a wallhack, basically?

dl77

I always smile when this sort of stuff comes up whenever a new multiplayer title comes out. I find that the nub of peoples issues generally boil down to "The developers should reduce the power of any weapons I don't use."

• If a gun's high powered, don't openly fight that person.
  • If someone sneaks around with a bow, pay more attention to your surroundings.
  • If someone molotovs you, don't hide behind a three foot wall where you can easily be reached.
It seems to me that a lot of people are playing this like a slower paced FPS and that as soon as you see an enemy you should start laying into them rather than wait for the right moment where you have the advantage.

I'm not brilliant at it but I know that getting into a one on one gun fight across half the map should really be the last resort.

While I agree about the bow, you are against these because you want to go 16-0?? Really? Give that "noob" a chance, will you?

He's probably using the overpowered Semi-Auto or the overpowered El Diablo or runs around only one hitting with the cheap ass upgraded plank.

... everything is so overpowered in this game that it's the only reason my KDR is only 19.2~!

Meneses

It's gone to shit for me after the patch too (Euro land). Before, I had very short wait times, but now i'm stuck waiting for it for a long time (leaving the lobby and re-entering sometimes helps, but not always).

dl77

It's gone to shit for me after the patch too (Euro land). Before, I had very short wait times, but now i'm stuck waiting for it for a long time (leaving the lobby and re-entering sometimes helps, but not always).

In Europe and the same for me. Got into one game last night after trying four times and waiting around ten minutes each time. I did better than that before the patch!

#miller

Fuck anyone that...

Excuse me for playing the game and for using what the developer includes in the multiplayer. :)

I mean, the microtransaction stuff is a bit ugly but it sounds as if this MP isn't that mich for you. Why not adept and play as you are played by the others?
For me this ugly "everything is allowed" and "shoot to death" really suits the atmosphere.;)

murgo

I started playing the MP just yesterday and I'm already frustrated beyond belief. Sometimes matches go pretty well, other times we get completely steamrolled in Supply Raid. I just lost a match with the enemy team still having 16 respawns. Are you fucking kidding me? I try to get shots off behind cover and keep getting killed by bows. Fuck this shit...

Oh, and did I get this right. If I manage to wipe out my clan I lose the journey and I have to start all over again? Why did they have to include these stupid MP trophies... :(

Neil_J_UK

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but whilst we're on the subject of pet peeves - the most annoying thing for me is when I'm aiming at someone behind cover with my hunting rifle, I can clearly see a part of their body over the top of it, but when I shoot the bullet hits an invisible wall of sorts.

I do love factions though, it's the most fun I've had on MP in a loooong time.

murgo

Seriously:

FUCK THE BOW!!! I can't believe how fucking OP that thing is. I never stand a chance against anyone using it. They pop out of cover and before I can even get a shot off I'm dead. I hate this crap. I'm not having any fun at all.. maybe I need to stop playing with randoms. Most frustrating MP game I've ever experienced :(

Spineker

Banned
The Bow is fucking OP and there can be no debate about it. Two shots in quick succession, both of which are invisible on radar and you're down like a sack of shit.

Mullah88

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but whilst we're on the subject of pet peeves - the most annoying thing for me is when I'm aiming at someone behind cover with my hunting rifle, I can clearly see a part of their body over the top of it, but when I shoot the bullet hits an invisible wall of sorts.

I do love factions though, it's the most fun I've had on MP in a loooong time.

the character behind cover automatically docks

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously:

FUCK THE BOW!!! I can't believe how fucking OP that thing is. I never stand a chance against anyone using it. They pop out of cover and before I can even get a shot off I'm dead. I hate this crap. I'm not having any fun at all.. maybe I need to stop playing with randoms. Most frustrating MP game I've ever experienced :(

The Bow is fucking OP and there can be no debate about it. Two shots in quick succession, both of which are invisible on radar and you're down like a sack of shit.

If you get hit once, dont just stand there.. get moving. The bow needs a lot of time to readjust aim. And most importantly get some cover. I see a lot of people sneaking around the whole time without having any cover for retreat. If you see a bow pop out of a corner and get hit by it twice, then its obviously your fault. What we're you doing? Don't try to aim at their finger lol

Loomba

Åesop;124965257 said:
If you get hit once, dont just stand there.. get moving. The bow needs a lot of time to readjust aim. And most importantly get some cover. I see a lot of people sneaking around the whole time without having any cover for retreat. If you see a bow pop out of a corner and get hit by it twice, then its obviously your fault. What we're you doing? Don't try to aim at their finger lol

"Just get out of the way" works in theory but when your hit once, you don't know where it's coming from and another one downs you less than a second later, you're pretty much screwed.

WITHE1982

I've come to really hate bow users with covert training. Once the bow is upgraded and they learn the maps they're almost impossible to beat.

Saying that I do love a challenge when facing a few of them. As long as your team are up to the task they can be dealt as they rarely have any backup due to "lone wolfing".

I tried using the bow myself and found it quite boring but I think that's just due to my lack of patience. I feel the same about sniping despite being OK at it.

CLBridges

Had someone send me a message when the teams tied in Supply Raid. They had some very choice words that involved female body parts and other profane language. It was pretty funny as this was the first time this has happened to me with this game.

I guess he expected my team during the last minute to just rush out and let his team get easy kills to get the win. Some people take that meta-game really seriously, gotta get dem supplies for the clan.

Neil_J_UK

I tend to switch between loadouts that mainly use the bow, hunting rifle, and revolver. Obviously the bow is strong, but it has some disadvantages. Arrows can get caught on objects and scenery incredibly easy, making it frustrating to fight in certain areas. Fighting for the supply point at the top of the Dam comes to mind, it's really hard to hit people with arrows that are aiming between the small metal gaps.

Plus, trying to shoot at someone running can be hard as you need to lead your shots.

scott!

Neo Member
I bought the enforcer, love the bow, and nothing is more satisfying that a Molotov to the face of a guy that just went 15-0 over the previous three rounds. :p

Wow, I went to my cousin's house yesterday and he has TLOU on PS3. I cranked up the multiplayer and wow the downgrade. I can say though the frame rate was not bad but everything else...whew. So glad for the upgrade in multiplayer.

sjay1994

I want to play more of the MP so badly.

But the amount of connection problems I have plus the long times to find matches are really discouraging.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I bought the enforcer, love the bow, and nothing is more satisfying that a Molotov to the face of a guy that just went 15-0 over the previous three rounds. :p

3628557+_1f369bfc0381a555fa0fab02ccf71c7b.jpg

I bought the enforcer, but now after using the revolver and the Level 3 gifting perk I wish I hadn't.

"Bow is OP because I don't know where the shots are coming from and it hits so hard!"

See, if you don't know where the shots are coming from, that means you've been flanked. Noise or no noise, you're at a severe disadvantage and will likely go down no matter what. Hell, some noisy weapons outperform the Bow when flanking. Hunting Rifle users get all the time in the world to line up a headshot (and it's far easier to do so with it than the Bow) while Burst Rifle users, already major threats in direct firefights, will laugh as they score up to three easy headshots on you (as if they don't get enough of those when not flanking). Nevermind the purchaseables which'll wreck anyone faster than the Bow ever could.

"The Bow is just too fast! I don't stand a chance in a firefight!"

No, you do stand a chance and that's because it's not very fast. At least, it's not fast on the first shot. It has a slower draw time than all of the firearms and is more difficult to aim due to the lack of a scope or reticule, forcing Bow users to spend more time than the average player to line up their shot. You, on the other hand, can spend less time. If you realize they haven't drawn yet, draw first. They try to draw, you shoot. Bow users suffer from much more damage wobble than others, making it nearly impossible for them to win if they've been shot.

Their advantage comes in once they've drawn and lined up their shot. If you've fought Hunting Rifle / Military Sniper users, you'll know that trying to fight one who set their sights on you is just like asking them to blow your brains out. Same applies to Bow users. Popping out is just asking for trouble. Not as much trouble as they aren't as likely to score a headshot, but it does happen. Even if not a headshot, once you're hit, you'll only stand a chance if you're using a rapid-fire weapon and that's if they're sufficiently out of cover. They have no need to adjust their aim anymore. They just need to ready the second arrow.

Point is, learn when to back off and learn when to stand your ground. If you learned against standard firearms, I don't see why you can't learn against the Bow. When you back off, you can heal or, hell, if you're not hit, you can simply wait for their arm to tire and force them to back off after.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
"Bow is OP because I don't know where the shots are coming from and it hits so hard!"

See, if you don't know where the shots are coming from, that means you've been flanked. Noise or no noise, you're at a severe disadvantage and will likely go down no matter what. Hell, some noisy weapons outperform the Bow when flanking. Hunting Rifle users get all the time in the world to line up a headshot (and it's far easier to do so with it than the Bow) while Burst Rifle users, already major threats in direct firefights, will laugh as they score up to three easy headshots on you (as if they don't get enough of those when not flanking). Nevermind the purchaseables which'll wreck anyone faster than the Bow ever could.

No, you do stand a chance and that's because it's not very fast. At least, it's not fast on the first shot. It has a slower draw time than all of the firearms and is more difficult to aim due to the lack of a scope or reticule, forcing Bow users to spend more time than the average player to line up their shot. You, on the other hand, can spend less time. If you realize they haven't drawn yet, draw first. They try to draw, you shoot. Bow users suffer from much more damage wobble than others, making it nearly impossible for them to win if they've been shot.

Their advantage comes in once they've drawn and lined up their shot. If you've fought Hunting Rifle / Military Sniper users, you'll know that trying to fight one who set their sights on you is just like asking them to blow your brains out. Same applies to Bow users. Popping out is just asking for trouble. Not as much trouble as they aren't as likely to score a headshot, but it does happen. Even if not a headshot, once you're hit, you'll only stand a chance if you're using a rapid-fire weapon and that's if they're sufficiently out of cover. They have no need to adjust their aim anymore. They just need to ready the second arrow.

Point is, learn when to back off and learn when to stand your ground. If you learned against standard firearms, I don't see why you can't learn against the Bow. When you back off, you can heal or, hell, if you're not hit, you can simply wait for their arm to tire and force them to back off after.
Great post, sums it up nicely.

AKyemeni

This right here

Strider

Fuck anyone who shoots me, shivs me, or throws things at me. The weapons they use are OP, and should be taken out of the game.

You forgot perks. How dare they use perks that could help them have more ammo to shoot at me, or give things to their teammates to throw at me. And the one that takes away my wallhacks?! OP as hell.

You forgot perks. How dare they use perks that could help them have more ammo to shoot at me, or give things to their teammates to throw at me. And the one that takes away my wallhacks?! OP as hell.

True. I also forgot about people whose character have limbs. Fuck those assholes with limbs. They are OP, and should be taken out of the game.

Walking around and holding weapons? Uneven, and unfair playing field.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
True. I also forgot about people whose character have limbs. Fuck those assholes with limbs. They are OP, and should be taken out of the game.

Walking around and holding weapons? Uneven, and unfair playing field.

Bumper wheel chairs. Why is he faster? His tires have more traction than mine.

Gxgear

Only just started using the bow after some talks here (didn't touch it even on PS3), and now I'm a true believer. Still prefer a semi-auto for close quarter maps, but definitely going with it on the more open maps from now on.

Gray Matter

Only just started using the bow after some talks here (didn't touch it even on PS3), and now I'm a true believer. Still prefer a semi-auto for close quarter maps, but definitely going with it on the more open maps from now on.

People will hate you from now on.

Hubb

So just got kicked from a match, and I lost connection to host earlier. First time either of those things have happened to me.

Top Bottom