• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

leehom

Didn't realize this till today, but there are some hackers on PS4. I will find a spot, sit there and not move. Guy will throw grenades at me and come around and shoot me. Another weird thing is how I get killed with one shot with the burst rifle. It usually takes me two to three shots to down someone.

Another weird thing is how I get killed with one shot with the burst rifle. It usually takes me two to three shots to down someone.

I think this is a quirk of the burst rifle. If you aim at the center of the body, fire, and then drag the reticle toward their heads all three bullets will land, the last being a headshot. That should be enough to take someone down.

leehom

I think this is a quirk of the burst rifle. If you aim at the center of the body, fire, and then drag the reticle toward their heads all three bullets will land, the last being a headshot. That should be enough to take someone down.

No, their whole team was one shotty burst rifle killing my entire team in two matches. I should've saved the replay, I forgot to :(

I'm looking to get into some games. I hear the multiplayer is a load of fun!

Gaf Username: Heyo_Rockbrealer
PSN ID: Heyo_Rockbreaker
Timezone: Central Standard Time
Mic/No Mic: I have a mic.
Additional notes: I have never played The Last of Us multiplayer. I'll try my best, but be warned.

Gray Matter

Didn't realize this till today, but there are some hackers on PS4. I will find a spot, sit there and not move. Guy will throw grenades at me and come around and shoot me. Another weird thing is how I get killed with one shot with the burst rifle. It usually takes me two to three shots to down someone.

As OP as that sounds it isn't cheating/hacking. If you aim the gun just below the head you'll die in one burst.

My friend does it all the time, which is why I don't play against him lol

eLGee

Just started out with the MP on the EU version. Never saw myself as a multiplayer person at all, but I'm really enjoying this. Shame I'm playing the lesser version, though. Actually reconsidering just buying the US version as well, but I think I'll wait until it's on sale. Still. Fucking germans.

foxdvd

does anyone know why my level listed in MP does not match the week I am on? I am on week 5 of my firefly run (after completing the hunter path) but it says I am level 12 (should be 16-17)

Just finished my week 24 and didn't get my trophy! fuck this game :[ I failed my last mission I had to do completely, but I was so sure it said lose 60% of your survivors instead of 100%. I don't know if I have the heart to do another 12 weeks...

Psyae

Sorry if this was asked already, but does this game have any type of matchmaking to put you against players at your skill level?

I've only played online with my friends, and we're not the best at these types of games. It always seems like we get DOMINATED. We're each around week 5 and a lot of the time we're put up against week 30 people, and this is just not fun at all. I had a blast when the game first released and people were still getting the hang of it, but now it seems like everyone is too good. Did they just not think to put in a feature to put you against people your level or does that get overridden if you're in a party with friends?

(I know it's our fault for sucking and that practice makes perfect, but this just makes me want to cry)

mstevens

I really, really hate how it doesn't progress your days if you join a game late. Just spent 18 minutes and got a ton of supplies for nothing. I mean, it even gives you a late join supply bonus.. what is the point of that if you don't get the supplies?

I really, really hate how it doesn't progress your days if you join a game late. Just spent 18 minutes and got a ton of supplies for nothing. I mean, it even gives you a late join supply bonus.. what is the point of that if you don't get the supplies?

Yeah, I'm not sure how it works, but I quit out of every game I join late. My supplies don't seem to carry over, and I miss the tide of the initial game, which matters to me.

What's with everyone that's downed magically dropping a bomb on death. Is there some DLC perk to do it? It's far too prevalent and popping up in every game I play, bringing on flashbacks of martyrdom from CoD4. Dieing around corners also brings back CoD4 flashbacks; dedicated servers have spoiled me and made it very difficult to adjust back to PvP.

What's with everyone that's downed magically dropping a bomb on death. Is there some DLC perk to do it? It's far too prevalent and popping up in every game I play, bringing on flashbacks of martyrdom from CoD4. Dieing around corners also brings back CoD4 flashbacks; dedicated servers have spoiled me and made it very difficult to adjust back to PvP.

I've never ran into a martyrdom type scenario, but, if I know I'm overrun and about to be down, I'll drop a bomb if I have one. Or, I'll crawl to a bomb if I know there is no chance of a res.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I liked the part where that chap but a few rounds in me and I turned and missed once then hit him twice and still killed him lol

There are a lot different factors that decided the outcome of that encounter:

- you had armor on
- even though he flanked you, your armor didn't come off until you had already located his position
- it looks like your bow was upgraded at least once (very quick draw)
- he was using a burst rifle out in the open from a decent distance away
- he missed multiple shots, you only missed one

If he would have attacked you from behind cover and been the least bit accurate with his shots then you would have been an easy down, even with your upgrades.

Loomba

Does this happen 100% of the time? I'm sure I've joined matched late (where it's like 20-19) so I've stayed and gotten supplies at the end of it.

Hurley

Last night I downed someone who then got up, shot me then they died, it was really weird and I've had a few cases of people hitting me with a melee weapon or a bomb when they are in the downed state.

I'm new to the multiplayer so is there a upgraded perk that lets you do that or a store bought one? I was thinking it was lag but yeah, was weird. Apart from that I'm enjoying it.

murgo

I honestly get downed by less than one archer every three or four games. If you're positionally sound and aware, there isn't much a bow can do against you when you're riddling their face with fucking bullets.

I recently fought against a team with 3 archers. All unmarkable. I couldn't even pop out of cover to take a shot without taking several arrows to the face :/

had a game on high school interrogation

killed 3 of the other teams guys with 1 min left and fully unlocked the safe while being covered when my teammates finally caught up

Loomba

Congrats!

It feels great not having to worry about getting supplies, I was at a point of trying to get 115 supplies. Now I need 20 haha. Plus the fact I can use perks to actually kill people now and not have needless points on collector.

Since I got everything I wanted when playing firefly, can I get the hunter achievement by just getting through the 12 weeks, doesn't matter how many clan members I have?

It feels great not having to worry about getting supplies, I was at a point of trying to get 115 supplies. Now I need 20 haha. Plus the fact I can use perks to actually kill people now and not have needless points on collector.

Since I got everything I wanted when playing firefly, can I get the hunter achievement by just getting through the 12 weeks, doesn't matter how many clan members I have?

Yeah, just get through the 12 weeks with some survivors and you're good.

Jinjo

Kinda funny that with all the Bow = OP outcries it's the semi-auto rifle that got nerfed way back. I still miss its real glory days.

areal

Quick question. Is there any aspect of this that is region locked? I'm considering buying the Australian retail version but my primary PSN account is North American.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is Hawkeye 3 underpowered? I'm trying it because often teams will be close by each other, and if I mark one it should mark nearby enemies. But it doesn't seem very sensitive. I had one situation where I could see two enemies close to each other, I marked one but the other remained unmarked. What is the approximate range for Hawkeye 3?

If that worked well, I quite like the silenced enforcer/Hawkeye 3/Covert 2/damage marker 1 combination as a kind of 'tactical support' role to help the rest of the team take enemies down. My alternative would be silenced 9mm/hawkeye 2/covert 2/strategist 2. Doesn't do as much damage but gives me more situational awareness.

Wow, anyone have problems getting on PSN last night? I kept getting server error and maintenance. I was truly sad. I had a few hours to put in and it was down. :(

Just eclipsed the 1 = 1 kill/death ratio after 20 hours or so of playing. Took a while to get the hang of it.

Love this multiplayer. Can't wait for new maps.

Need two solid team players for a game now. Anyone interested in joining my party?

Add me on PSN: SolidChamp

I'll send an invite out immediately.

Wow, anyone have problems getting on PSN last night? I kept getting server error and maintenance. I was truly sad. I had a few hours to put in and it was down. :(

All night. I was able to add a couple of Gaffers that I had talk to earlier yesterday, but it would drop immediately. Apparently NC was one of the hotspots for the outage.

Hopefully I can get on tonight. Seems the network is good to go.

Yep, me too. I have a Canadian PSN account but I live in Taipei, Taiwan...and for the past few days I was having serious internet problems, and that included the PSN. All of it related to North American websites, servers, services, etc.

All night. I was able to add a couple of Gaffers that I had talk to earlier yesterday, but it would drop immediately. Apparently NC was one of the hotspots for the outage.

Hopefully I can get on tonight. Seems the network is good to go.

Yeah, I'm in South Carolina and I kept getting errors. I was pretty pissed as that was my agreed night I could have 2 hours on TLOU. My wife is secretly laughing, I know it!

Loomba

Yeah, I'm in South Carolina and I kept getting errors. I was pretty pissed as that was my agreed night I could have 2 hours on TLOU. My wife is secretly laughing, I know it!

I feel for you man, I can't count the amount of times my missus has made me watch Grand Designs with her when I really want to be playing TLOU.

andycapps

As OP as that sounds it isn't cheating/hacking. If you aim the gun just below the head you'll die in one burst.

My friend does it all the time, which is why I don't play against him lol

Yup, the burst rifle can be devastating at close range if you use it correctly. It's easy to take out someone in one burst.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Thank you.

or should i say shawwwttyy

actually i think i got my final, preferred loadouts:

shorty or (revolver)
hawkguy 3
first aid 2
covert 2
(pistol auto zoom 1)

i initiially rolled reviver 2 instead of covert 2 but even as a support class the utility just isn't there

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
... :(

____

Edit: Also, it's really upsetting how few people use their microphones / headsets in this version of the game. It's ironic because PS4 came with a mic, unlike PS3. -_-

I see a decent amount of people using them, but the in-game chat kind of sucks. It breaks up a lot, and the party chat is way better.

No problems on PSN in general, but I had several "error obtaining config file" or something like that when trying to access TLOU's MP servers.

I wasn't a fan of pistol zoom before. Decided to add it to as a compliment to my burst rifle class. Holy shit the pistol zoom coupled with a revolver is legendary. I was out sniping hunting rifles. I also put it on my enf only class and it compliments it so well.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fuck covert.

I don't care if you know where I am... still gotta shoot me before I shoot you.

Agility 2 for life.

murgo

Ahhh... FUCK this shit. I just had the most useless team of randoms I've ever encountered. Fun = 0. Rage = 100. Sometimes I really hate playing this..

Marvel

could never
I wasn't a fan of pistol zoom before. Decided to add it to as a compliment to my burst rifle class. Holy shit the pistol zoom coupled with a revolver is legendary. I was out sniping hunting rifles. I also put it on my enf only class and it compliments it so well.

I may try this, I use the suppressed Enforcer a lot.

Top Bottom