• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

todd360

I'm on week 9 now. I just want the two trophies so I can get the platinum. The game is good, but it's starting to feel like a chore.

Any tips to speed this up?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm on week 9 now. I just want the two trophies so I can get the platinum. The game is good, but it's starting to feel like a chore.

(I know I'm going to get flack, but:)

Quit matches in the pause menu. So long as you don't quit during the 100% risk missions and keep some of your party alive by doing the required junk limits to boost them now and then you can keep them at 10-30 junk requirements and so long as you minimize the 100% risk missions (which are week 6/1, 8/2, 10/3, 11/6, 12/4) to 20% you should be able to speed through the days doing this. Some people will hate you for dropping instantly, but I know the pain. I'm nearly at the end of the first campaign and doing the second with the nearly dead PS3 community is going to drive me bonkers.

Strider

You can start a match then quit a few seconds in to progress a day. Dont do it too much though or clan members will die and especially dont do it during the 100% population risk missions.

it's a jerk move though

There is way more quiters in the remastered version than the ps3 one. People drop in and out throughout the whole match.

See what I posted above. That's probably why.

Gray Matter

If you're doing this just for a trophy and it feels like a chore you shouldn't be playing this.

The enforcer is easily my favorite handgun. Not sure I want to spend money on it though. Is there anything critical missing from the pre-made load outs that contain it?

Grinchy

Banned
It's that time again. I have 2/4 people in my TLOU party and I want to fill it up! Just send me a friend request if you want to join.

If you don't join, you won't get to hear me bitch about whatever weapon most recently killed me. Don't miss out!

btkadams

i find myself doing average at the worst in most matches i play solo, through the "no parties allowed" matchmaking.

however, my 2 friends and i were playing in a party last night through the "parties allowed" matchmaking and lost EVERY SINGLE MATCH for hours. did we just get hit with really bad luck or is the party matchmaking full of just insanely good players? none of the guys i was playing with were bad. i mean, we're all fairly new to the game since we never played online with the ps3 version, but we do pretty well in the other matchmaking.

i spent this morning studying last of us multiplayer tips lol. lots of great info out there but i still feel like winning last night was an impossible task.

Oscar

I spammed X when buying the Mohawk Toque, didn't realize it was a bundle exclusive until I had already purchased it.

God dammit lol.

nelchaar

Got the game on PS4 (had it on PS3 but didnt play MP much) and played a few matches.

I really like how this game really need cooperation.

You go alone you die.

I died twice because a guy kept throwing smoke bombs and shiving me.

Sounds like you played against Jeramii :)

So how about dem randoms? :/

Lost 3 matches in a row due to terrible teammates. One of them went to sudden death, and we lost because one guy decided he HAD to stay next to me, and just created a gigantic gap for us to be flanked. But before that happened, someone threw a bomb. I couldn't move. The random was blocking the path :/

I did however almost have a full comeback where I was the last one standing. The other team had 6 lives. Came down to the last guy, but I had no ammo or health. Would've made the night worth suffering through lol. I'm gonna log off and try again tomorrow. Like somebody said 3 or so pages back, the worst players play at night, the best during the middle of the day on weekdays.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
(I know I'm going to get flack, but:)

Quit matches in the pause menu. So long as you don't quit during the 100% risk missions and keep some of your party alive by doing the required junk limits to boost them now and then you can keep them at 10-30 junk requirements and so long as you minimize the 100% risk missions (which are week 6/1, 8/2, 10/3, 11/6, 12/4) to 20% you should be able to speed through the days doing this. Some people will hate you for dropping instantly, but I know the pain. I'm nearly at the end of the first campaign and doing the second with the nearly dead PS3 community is going to drive me bonkers.

This is why multiplayer trophies are stupid. If you're just interested in platinum, gen you aren't playing MP to enjoy it, so you're just gaming it and spoiling things for other players in your team. And teams are small enough to suffer if people drop out.

Not criticising your advice, just that the trophies make it necessary.

murgo

I finally understood the OT subtitle. I can't believe how people can't even grasp the basics of this game and keep sprinting around the map all the FUCKING time. Playing with a decent team is a lot of fun, but most of the times randoms just make me wanna break their goddamn necks. Dumb teammates are the worst in this game.

Canucked

Well I finished all the online trophies. Both the hunter and the firefly run.

Never once saw the downtown map doing remastered MP.

theaface

Having started out with no intention to double-dip on TLOU, I just placed my order with Tesco. A combination of various vouchers and codes meant that I paid a grand total of £0.00!

I haven't played Left Behind yet, so that was a large part of the decision to buy the PS4 version but to be honest, the story the first time around was so brilliant, it's worth it for the vanilla game on its own.

I finally understood the OT subtitle. I can't believe how people can't even grasp the basics of this game and keep sprinting around the map all the FUCKING time. Playing with a decent team is a lot of fun, but most of the times randoms just make me wanna break their goddamn necks. Dumb teammates are the worst in this game.

Trail behind the runners a bit and let them draw out the enemy. Then move in for kills. This works for me a fair amount of the time when playing with randoms.

Grinchy

Banned
Well I finished all the online trophies. Both the hunter and the firefly run.

Never once saw the downtown map doing remastered MP.

lol I vote Downtown every time it comes up just to see if I can get it to go through. I've gotten my team to suffer through it about 5 times or so now. I actually like that map though.

Jinjo

I don't care if other people run head first into combat and die, I do care about some fucker ruining my crossmap stealth flank by running for a few seconds to get to that box or whatever. Have some patience man.

Also, I never get revived. PS4 players are a bunch of selfish dicks. Atleast on PS3 you'd get revived here people just let you die right next to them or because they are afraid to move forward a bit.

Same goes, when I've downed 3/4 of an entire team while my teammates sit safely behind cover and just let the last one revive everyone I just downed and proceed to get their asses handed to them. Shouting through the mic to move up forward and stop being gigantic pussies doesn't help.

If it wasn't for 60 fps I'd be back to the PS3 version (seems to have a better netcode too).

ksdixon

Big problem you guys... Have naughty dog just region-locked the purchasable weapon/skills DLC?

- Bought TLOUR on my secondary USA account, and purchased the weapon packs from the USA Store.

- So far everything has been fine, I have been able to access game and dlc using my main UK account.

- Today I get on and TLOUR has a padlock icon on it, saying my UK account doesn't have the license to play the game. This has happened before, it usually just needs a half-minute to transfer licenses around. I log into the USA account, boot the game, close the game, log back into the UK account and can boot the game now.

- The game when playing as my UK account now has the purchasable weapons/skills locked/in a 'to purchase' state. The game when playing as my USA account has them unlocked/bought already, which is how it should be, and how it appeared on my UK account until today.

ksdixon

Big problem you guys... Have naughty dog just region-locked the purchasable weapon/skills DLC?

- Bought TLOUR on my secondary USA account, and purchased the weapon packs from the USA Store.

- So far everything has been fine, I have been able to access game and dlc using my main UK account.

- Today I get on and TLOUR has a padlock icon on it, saying my UK account doesn't have the license to play the game. This has happened before, it usually just needs a half-minute to transfer licenses around. I log into the USA account, boot the game, close the game, log back into the UK account and can boot the game now.

- The game when playing as my UK account now has the purchasable weapons/skills locked/in a 'to purchase' state. The game when playing as my USA account has them unlocked/bought already, which is how it should be, and how it appeared on my UK account until today.

- UK account accessing DLC items via 'related items > view all' on the PS Dashboard rather than going into the store is throwing up some wierd errors. Firstly the dlc isn't in a neat 3 column, there are occasionally boxes missing in the 3rd column. Secondly it keeps throwing me back out to the main PS4 menu.

- When I did scroll fast enough, the purchaseable skills pack was listed as free, but it had 'choose a version' instead of download, and the only options were 2x 'Game Pack', listed as free. Selecting one of those and gong to download presumabley downloaded it, as I was taken off the purchase popup, back to the item page, and a PS Store shopping bag icon appeared on the choose a version button, replacing the word free. This shopping bag icon was also present on both of the 2x Game Packs. The 'free' next to the item on the 'related items > view all' page also disappeared after downloading the dlc, which in itself was strange, I thought it was supposed to be replaced by 'purchased' text? No record of a download happening in my 'Notifications > Download' area though.

- After all of that, the purchaseable stuff is still locked and showing as 'purchase' on in TLOUR under my UK account. Trying to press 'X' to 'Purchase' from inside the Gear Up screen takes me to the PS Store, which spits out an error message that 'This content cannot be selected at this time'. I have turned my PS4 on and off again.

- Outside factors which could be a problem:

- Couple of days ago I purchased Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and TRIALS Fusion under my UK account. But even now I can play those games as my USA account fine.

- Last night I was on PS3 and my buddy and I couldn't see each other in our friends list (both the PS3 XMB and TLOU's list for viewing online friends in match making so that you can invite them etc.) We could see that each other was online in the PS App for android, and even shoot messages back and forth, but the messages from PS3 to PS3 didn't seem to be sending or receiving properly. After turning the PS3 off and on again I could see him in the PS3 XMB friends list, but TLOU still wouldn't list him at all. He managed to make me show up in his friends list in TLOU and he was able to invite me into a party and we played together after that, but it was really annoying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is why multiplayer trophies are stupid. If you're just interested in platinum, gen you aren't playing MP to enjoy it, so you're just gaming it and spoiling things for other players in your team. And teams are small enough to suffer if people drop out.

Not criticising your advice, just that the trophies make it necessary.

The thing is, Uncharted 2-3 forced you to do the same thing: Play online.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT: they only did it for TWO matches. Whereas the Last of Us does it for 160 or so matches (84 matches/days) while micromanaging a stupid as hell meta-game. Whoever at Naughty Dog thought forcing players to do this TWICE needs to be slapped.

Strider

pNDglPz.jpg

lol.

Except you know... 2 bullets to the head with the burst rifle downs someone. And it's a 3 round burst.... so... yea...

quickwhips

Anyone run a short shotty class for run in gun? My bro is doing this I'm running enforcer class we are actually winning running gunning its like people don't know how to counter feels weird though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I exploded someone's head with a single burst from the burst rifle yesterday... exploded.

Grinchy

Banned
^I'm making a party right now that's starting at 2/4. Anyone who wants to join can join. Just send me a friend request to make it quick, or send me a message for PSN to slow us down.

Cubed

I have all of the trophies to get 100% on this game except completing the two multiplayer journeys. Just like on PS3, they will be my last trophies before 100% and a platinum.

I really enjoy the multiplayer but in all honesty by the time I am one third or half of the way through the second journey I'm pretty much done with it.

lol.

Except you know... 2 bullets to the head with the burst rifle downs someone. And it's a 3 round burst.... so... yea...
Lmao, do that pretty often as a burst user myself. It can be annoying being on the other end of it, but I know it was a legit kill.

So I've been trying to play as much as I can before the semester starts next week, and all my games today have me paired up with TERRIBLE teammates. This just happened right now and it blew my mind. I had finally died and decided to look at the score out of curiosity. I noticed something:

IMG20140818204712.jpg

I had literally been doing everything on my team. The one execution? Dude straight up stole it from me. The game goes on and while they eventually get a few downs and kills, I ended up winning the game in an impossible sudden death scenario. This was the final score:

IMG20140818204718.jpg

How the fuck does this even happen? Most people would be proud of that score, and I am, but that's not the point. The only way I could be closer to literally carrying the team is if Naughty Dog enabled LAN party matches and they were all stacked on top of my shoulders, carrying their PS4s. Has anybody else had this happen? It's been happnening ALL DAY.

EL CUCO

Man tonight was one of those nights that I probably should've just gone to bed.

Everything that could go wrong in all my matches went wrong. It was a weird night where I felt that everybody was either glitching and lagging...

Liamario

Banned
Like the multiplayer. Very tactical, fun to play with friends. I'm also finding it quite limited. Not enough weapon variety or game modes. Wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but it has no longevity for me. When they release those new maps, I can't see this game surviving.

Khayam

Banned
Hey,

Just found out that on the PS3 MP, you could play with a mouse thanks to a third party device that I won't link.

Do we know if this is possible on PS4 ? Because I very much hope not.

Up to week 7 now. Started playing interrogation and it's pretty great. Haven't had a complete wash match yet. Whenever one team gets 5 the other can pick up easy interrogations from defending their lockbox.

Saw a dude at week 84. What the hell

murgo

Up to week 7 now. Started playing interrogation and it's pretty great. Haven't had a complete wash match yet. Weekender one team gets 5 the other can pick up easy interrogations from defending their lockbox.

Saw a dude at week 84. What the hell

That's nothing. I saw someone with 101 weeks. That's approximately 180 hours of playing. The game's been out for 3 weeks, that's 504 hours. Some people really have NO life...

WITHE1982

There is way more quiters in the remastered version than the ps3 one. People drop in and out throughout the whole match.

This is my biggest complaint with the remastered version. Matches with randoms very rarely end 4 v 4 and having a one man advantage is huge in this game. This happens twice as much as it ever happened on PS3 and I played that MP for 50h+.

It's basically happens as soon as someone is killed they just quit out to save their K/D ratio (as it doesn't count the stats from that match).

ND really needs to implement some sort of punishment for quitting matches continually.

That's nothing. I saw someone with 101 weeks. That's approximately 180 hours of playing. The game's been out for 3 weeks, that's 504 hours. Some people really have NO life...

A lot of people who just play to gain levels are just starting and quitting matches to advance the game by a day.

Technically you can get up to level 100 without playing a single match. It's pretty pointless but just remember that despite the majority of the high level players being genuine, a portion are just rage quitters.

The hint is looking at the logo next to their weeks. If they're level 100+ and have only completed the 12 weeks once or twice then you can guess what kind of player they are.

murgo

A lot of people who just play to gain levels are just starting and quitting matches to advance the game by a day.

Technically you can get up to level 100 without playing a single match. It's pretty pointless but just remember that despite the majority of the high level players being genuine, a portion are just rage quitters.

The hint is looking at the logo next to their weeks. If they're level 100+ and have only completed the 12 weeks once or twice then you can guess what kind of player they are.

Dude hat the X with 4 dots though. That would be 6 completed journeys :O

So completed Survivor journey last night and now onto Firefly. I kind of like the yellow hue around my team mates. I can see them better. Also, can someone explain how the number beside your name works? I see from earlier post the marking resembles how many journeys you've taken but I'm kind of confused on the number. How does the leveling work?

Top Bottom