• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

aro52

I see a decent amount of people using them, but the in-game chat kind of sucks. It breaks up a lot, and the party chat is way better.

This right here. The amigo that I play most of the time with, and I, are very communicative -- calling out enemies, planning routes and such -- yet we stick to party chat. We feel guilty about it, but every time we've attempted the open chat it's been a choppy mess.

Neil_J_UK

Sooo, what's the deal with Agility? It might just be me, but it feels like the speed increase is negligible. I had a crouch race with a friend (granted, I was just using Agility 1 at the time) and the very minor speed increase felt like a waste of points. Does Agility 2 increase the crouching speed even more? I had a few games with it and didn't notice.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Ahhh... FUCK this shit. I just had the most useless team of randoms I've ever encountered. Fun = 0. Rage = 100. Sometimes I really hate playing this..

yeah the game really isn't all that fun unless you're in a full 4 person party

yeah the game really isn't all that fun unless you're in a full 4 person party

Nah, when my friends aren't on, most players are pretty smart and actually get it. Then you do have your dumb ones. I actually have to yell at most people to not heal me as I know there are enemies around and we both will die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAaQ8VItRdU

10570390_626142140830952_8146308173483387766_n.jpg

Greg

just started playing this...

is there any way to turn off/has there been any discussions on giving an option to remove the aim assist?

in SP it's whatever, but aim assists in MP bother me (slight tracking of new targets/slowing of the cursor)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
NaughtyDog plz. Stop putting me on losing teams, I'd like to finish these campaigns before the PS3 multiplayer community dies.

I haven't been keeping up on this thread but I've playing this pretty steadily over the past few days and I'm thoroughly enjoying it but I'm having one MAJOR issue that I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out.
Whenever I play supply raid and a teammate dies, they stay dead for me and my enemies start sliding around the map on their knees. I can still interact with the world and the game is still going on around me (I can hear it/see scoreboard) but I can't kill anybody and nobody can kill me.
Also, the past 2 times I've played interrogation I've become invincible when unlocking the lock box and none of my enemies can kill me.
This is extremely bizarre and I know it's not my connection because it's not absolutely TERRIBLE (10.2 MBPS) and every other online game has worked perfectly fine for me.
Is this a known issue or is my copy cursed by the Naughty Gods?

Mechazawa

What the hell is up with this game's matchmaking? A buddy and I that are the same rank/level/experience/whatever are playing and we're constantly getting put up against premades who are in the 30's/40's while it's dumping us with 0s?

Fuck is that?

foxdvd

After about 140 games of MP I finally hit a wall with enjoyment. At first it was amazing, and I was able to overlook the matchmaking problems. Not anymore. I find that over a good 3 hour night you have the same 2 or 3 types of matches over and over again. Walk, craft, repeat. There is so much good about the mp, mixed with so much imbalanced crap. In most MP games they always put something in it that helps balance out other items. Outside of taking it slow and not getting flanked, there is NOTHING you can do if you get smoked or hit with a Molotov. In other MP games they might put a perk or skill that will counter these things (which you have to chose and give up something else like flak jacket in the COD games) but not in this game.

That being said, I could still enjoy the game if I did not have to wait up to 10 minutes for a match. Then at times it will throw me into a match already going. I am ok with this, until I realized you get no credit toward your weeks if you start a match late. So you say to yourself, "well I will stick it out and then I will be in group" only to see the group break up after the match is over and you begin to understand that you wasted 15-20 minutes with no credit toward that last trophy you are trying to get.

Getting this last trophy will be harder than both grounded trophies by FAR!

nelchaar

Ahhh... FUCK this shit. I just had the most useless team of randoms I've ever encountered. Fun = 0. Rage = 100. Sometimes I really hate playing this..

Anyone got a party going and need another? PSN: ScareGoat

Murgo, feel free (and anybody else) to add me. My PSN ID is LebGuns. I play mostly at nights (mountain time), but I'm currently slammed writing my PhD dissertation. Hillsighed i just added you.

Cheers all! This is probably one of the best multiplayer game I've played (minus the awful matchmaking)!

Garland7G

or should i say shawwwttyy

actually i think i got my final, preferred loadouts:

shorty or (revolver)
hawkguy 3
first aid 2
covert 2
(pistol auto zoom 1)

i initiially rolled reviver 2 instead of covert 2 but even as a support class the utility just isn't there

Here is my current loadout:
Silenced Enforcer
Bow
Covert Training 2
Sharp Ears 1
Sharpshooter 1

So far so good. ;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This right here. The amigo that I play most of the time with, and I, are very communicative -- calling out enemies, planning routes and such -- yet we stick to party chat. We feel guilty about it, but every time we've attempted the open chat it's been a choppy mess.

Does ingame chat stop you talking when you're dead? If so then party chat could be a little OP if you're guiding from beyond the grave :)

Does ingame chat stop you talking when you're dead? If so then party chat could be a little OP if you're guiding from beyond the grave :)

Party chat is always OP compared to in-game chat in every situation, especially if your party breaks and half the people go into opposite team.

Huggers

Pretty new to the MP. Having fun though. Just got the captains hat which I wanted. Wtf is the deal with the 'Enforcer'. The only way to get it is to buy it?

HiiiLife

Thanks. So the only way to have it without paying for it is in a preset load out? Bit annoying but better than nothing

Yes along with the double barrel, a couple other in-game purchasables, and also a few perks. Kinda wack but I make do with the free perks and hunting rifle.

murgo

I seem to have a talent of finding the most goddamn retarded, idiotic and useless players on this whole fucking planet. I can't believe this shit. One dude was the last man standing in our team, what did he do? SPRINT AROUND THE MAP!!!! I can't... I just can't... I'm hyperventilating right now.
Instead of watching out for other enemies, TWO fucking teammates come running to heal me and die in the process. That shit happens almost every fucking match. JESUS CHRIST!!!

Kogepan

The matchmaking is absolute shit.

5-10 minute wait to get into games, and when you can finally join its 90% a game already in progress so you dont get any progression .

Why weren't the review scores docking points for this trash?

Looking for plenty of late-night/early morning players to play in private matches with. We're a good group of people who have a lot of fun, and friendly games. Party chat as well.

Send me a PSN friend's invite and I will add and invite you promptly.

PSN ID: SolidChamp

Hope to get a full 8 people for a private match. I won't respond on here, so just add me.

This is for RIGHT NOW!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Last night was a combination of being probably a bit too tired for competitive mp and getting a rare string of actually good opponents.... but damn. We lost a whole bunch.

Died as much as I downed. And whined a lot. Sorry. lol.

Hopefully will be better today/tonight.

Weird. In 15-20 odd hours, my matchmaking experience has been incredibly solid, bar a couple of off nights. It seldom times out, but even then, all that's needed is a back-out. I'm never waiting more than 30 seconds to a minute to find a full game.

Funnily enough, it was at its best before any of the patches dropped.

US digital in Australia, by the way.

Hoodbury

How come when you respawn you have your secondary weapon equipped instead of your primary? Kinda annoying to have to switch everytime.

Liamc723

Unfortunately the matchmaking has sucked all the enjoyment out of the multiplayer for me, I'm sick of waiting forever just to get into a game. I think I'll be done with this once I get the multiplayer trophies.

BadHand

So GAF, I've played about 6 matches so far and I'm really bad at the MP. Won about half but the wins had nothing to do with me. I'm not really getting many parts at the end of each match, <1000, and I don't know how to earn more like the other players.

I've been throwing everything I've got at the enemy and they just aren't going down. I just finished a match where I thought to play at a distance and could have sworn I have had about 4-5 kills... I looked at the stats and i had 0. Revolver head shots don't down an enemy apparently. Reversely, 2 shots to the torso with an assault rifle seems to down me. I've had people run through my bombs and molotovs and not go down. The only time I seem to successfully kill is with melee.

I don't know how leveling works, I'm still at 0 (if that is indeed the level number) and everyone I match with is anywhere between 10-40. Maybe they have perks etc where I haven't unlocked anything yet.

Two games ago some guy on my team was yelling at me for following him, so i suppose a decent team makes a big difference.

Gray Matter

So GAF, I've played about 6 matches so far and I'm really bad at the MP. Won about half but the wins had nothing to do with me. I'm not really getting many parts at the end of each match, <1000, and I don't know how to earn more like the other players.

I've been throwing everything I've got at the enemy and they just aren't going down. I just finished a match where I thought to play at a distance and could have sworn I have had about 4-5 kills... I looked at the stats and i had 0. Revolver head shots don't down an enemy apparently. Reversely, 2 shots to the torso with an assault rifle seems to down me. I've had people run through my bombs and molotovs and not go down. The only time I seem to successfully kill is with melee.

I don't know how leveling works, I'm still at 0 (if that is indeed the level number) and everyone I match with is anywhere between 10-40. Maybe they have perks etc where I haven't unlocked anything yet.

Two games ago some guy on my team was yelling at me for following him, so i suppose a decent team makes a big difference.

I was the same. Just play enough and you'll slowly pick it up. It's very rewarding at the end.

So after my mishap I almost considered not worrying about the Hunter trophy but I put some time in here and there and slowly the disappointment faded and I began having fun again.

10 Weeks, 2 Days - the end is almost here and this time I will pay more attention to the last quest!

Top Bottom