• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Jinjo

The hint is looking at the logo next to their weeks. If they're level 100+ and have only completed the 12 weeks once or twice then you can guess what kind of player they are.

It doesn't say a thing. You can still quit at more than half your matches and still complete the journey. Just make sure you pass the 100% challenges with atleast the first level. It is literally almost impossible to lose your clan by quitting. You have to try really hard. (I tried once)

Level does not equate to skill, nor does passing the challenge equate to non quitters. Just time played, it's an arbitrary number. Offcourse higher level players tend to know the game better due to time investment and they might be better. But I've come across some god awful level 300+ players.

This MP is one of the few where I don't care about my KDR. It's going to be bad and I know it so I don't ever get frustrated about it.

The attrition rate is bad though. Won one match a couple of days ago and ended it with me and one other person left on my team. For a game about survival, it would make sense to have some big penalty against rage quitters such as having to replay that day if they don't complete the match.

Jinjo

This MP is one of the few where I don't care about my KDR. It's going to be bad and I know it so I don't ever get frustrated about it.

The attrition rate is bad though. Won one match a couple of days ago and ended it with me and one other person left on my team. For a game about survival, it would make sense to have some big penalty against rage quitters such as having to replay that day if they don't complete the match.

I love that interrogation doesn't even give you a number. I know mine is decent (2.5ish in supply raid), but it's nice not caring.

Speaking of interrogation, love my new Interrogator-loadout. Bomb expert 3, Executioner 3, Explosive Expert 1 and Marathon Runner 1. And your main weapon of choice (semi-auto for life). Smoking and shivving people is so much fun. Executioner makes it so I can even craft an upgraded 4x2 for a single smoke shiv-4x2 double kill. Bomb expert and explosion expert combo is so good for smokes, but also for nail bomb traps when defending.

Loomba

If you close the application there is no penalty at all, just goes back to the start of the day.

If you close the application there is no penalty at all, just goes back to the start of the day.

But isn't the argument that people who rage quit are still able to progress a day and thus move through levels more quickly than those who persist through the match? That's what I'm referring to as being an "advantage" for those who quit out early.

Closing the application is good for people who only carely solely about their KDR. If people want to just gain levels, they can just quit the match and move to the next day (I think).

Loomba

But isn't the argument that people who rage quit are still able to progress a day and thus move through levels more quickly than those who persist through the match? That's what I'm referring to as being an "advantage" for those who quit out early.

Closing the application is good for people who only carely solely about their KDR. If people want to just gain levels, they can just quit the match and move to the next day (I think).

Yeah it is a strange system, they should have kept the symbol for completing the 12 weeks but maybe had the number representing skill level akin to Halo.

I just look at the number as time played and not skill.

Gold Member
I got my ass thoroughly kicked last night in this. It'll take me a bit to get better...but it's definitely going to happen...

I did for ages too! Took me about 5 weeks before I learnt all the maps and started getting good. I just completed my first 12 weeks late last night and I was really getting into it.

I'm normally pretty shit at MP games but the pace of this suits me perfectly and I prefer the third person viewpoint. So sick of playing first person anything to be fair. Going to crack on with the next 12 weeks tonight :)

I just played a match of Interrogation that was so excellent and close I almost want to retire forever for fear of spoiling it.

The loadout I've been running with:
Revolver
Burst Rifle
Brawler 1
First-Aid Training 2
Covert Training 2
Explosion Expert 1

I've considered dumping Explosion Expert in favor of Covert Training 3 but I dunno how useful that would be without silenced weapons.

If you quit the match you lose a lot of clan members because your supplies collected are shit. Quitting is pretty lame, but I think that's already a pretty big penalty. I guess some people might not care about their clan, but they also probably wouldn't care about what 'day' it is either.

Darknight

The reason I quit was because of the metagame. And it was during an ongoing match that I was dropped into late from the genius matchmaking. So while I hate quitters, some may feel like they need to, to keep up with their clan.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

Nice! Hats are life

bbshockedattuco.gif

rbanke

Are any of the DLC skills 'must haves'? I'm enjoying the MP and wondering if any of the skills are decent enough to maybe pick up a bundle with them. Also the four weapons, does buying them allow you to use them as your main weapon on your loadouts or are they purchasables?

Man tonight was one of those nights that I probably should've just gone to bed.

Everything that could go wrong in all my matches went wrong. It was a weird night where I felt that everybody was either glitching and lagging...

This has been my experience a lot lately. Like I am going down nearly as soon as I see someone. Also why is it when I shoot people they don't stagger? When I get shot it feels like I am in a hopeless scenario because my guy just starts flailing.

The reason I quit was because of the metagame. And it was during an ongoing match that I was dropped into late from the genius matchmaking. So while I hate quitters, some may feel like they need to, to keep up with their clan.

Dropping in late doesn't add up to your days. The rewards carry over though.

Try it out for that's what I've been seeing lately.

N30RYU

If you quit the match you lose a lot of clan members because your supplies collected are shit. Quitting is pretty lame, but I think that's already a pretty big penalty. I guess some people might not care about their clan, but they also probably wouldn't care about what 'day' it is either.
I must admit that I quitted 2 out of 3 matches just to get to the 12 week on the second run for the trophy... The game is easiest that way if you have only to care for 25~30 survivors... They get ill, but quitting two consecutive times only kills about 10... And needing only about 25 supplies in the third match you get enough to get enough survivors again to re-start the 2/3 process... I know its lame... But I hate online trophies to get a platinum... All online trophies should be like uncharted2... Just try the online mode and that's it.

I'm sorry for all the teams I left being 3 vs 4... But that survivors thing is just asking for this for the ones that want the trophies... Just like rage quitting to the xmb if you won't reach the goal and will lose the 100% of your population in your last day.

Might seem like a weird question but in MP does anyone else notice that it feels like there is a little bit of a dead zone when moving forward? Like sometimes your character just won't move or will stop/start a little funky? I thought my DS4 was going bad so I started a quick game of Blacklight and didn't notice any movement issues. It's not a huge deal I just want to make sure my controller aint' borking out on me.

Might seem like a weird question but in MP does anyone else notice that it feels like there is a little bit of a dead zone when moving forward? Like sometimes your character just won't move or will stop/start a little funky? I thought my DS4 was going bad so I started a quick game of Blacklight and didn't notice any movement issues. It's not a huge deal I just want to make sure my controller aint' borking out on me.

Definitely doesn't happen/or feel that way to me, might be lag.

hydruxo

Any tips to keeping surviviors alive / getting more? Seems like whenever I get to around 30 or so, there's a firefly attack and I lose half of them. Not all that concerned with the survivor thing but I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Grinchy

Banned
Setting up a party. I think I'm at 3/4 now. Just send a friend request if you're interested (Grinchy). If there's not a spot open at least we'll be on each other's lists.

Superflat

Any tips to keeping surviviors alive / getting more? Seems like whenever I get to around 30 or so, there's a firefly attack and I lose half of them. Not all that concerned with the survivor thing but I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

50% comes down to how many parts/supplies you get on average and the other 50% comes from how well you do with the special 3-day challenge missions. The better you are at downing and executing people, the easier it will be, but even if you're not, there's some things you can focus on.

Always craft and revive safely whenever you can since that boosts the parts you earn. I got into the habit of crafting whatever I can as soon as I can, and it helped my overall earnings. At a certain level you can equip Collector 3 perk which earns you 20% more parts which helps a big deal too.

And like others have said, saving the easy objectives just for the Firefly/Hunter invasion missions is a good way to prevent losses (and not lose the campaign during 100% risk missions).

Man, this game is so much like Gears to me; and not just in the ebb and flow of its gameplay, but in how I am forever falling in and out of grooves and efficacy. Kicked so much bum the other night, yet last night I was a complete dropkick.

And just like Gears, It's also very, very addictive and very, very rage inducing. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't employed the Close Application trick on a few occasions (insane how quick this is, by the way).

I just got 167 clan members tonight. /stealthbrag

Honestly, once you surpass around 80-100 clan members its tough to obtain enough supplies per day. Playing interrogation helps immensely because 9 times out of 10 it lasts the entire alloted time. Unlimited respawns and the defensive nature of the gamemode also helps people who arent as skilled.

Playing with a good team is pretty important, obviously. It neds to be stated though because even if you're the random, you should support your team by sticking near them.

Find what youre good at. Support can get you insane parts. But if you're good enough, you can get a lot of points from kills.

Interesting side note, if you maks the entire enemy team rage quit, your clan will have perfect health after the match. Happened to my team twice already.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finished the Hunter campaign tonight. I'm not looking forward to sweating 84 matches as the Fireflies.

Game is alright, but not really my cup of tea. I will say when you get on a streak like I did (6-0 like 3 rounds) where you're healing supporting your team and rushing to revive, it can be kinda fun. Double so when they down someone, you down the next person that is coming to revive their person. Revive your ally and then punch the two to death.

I just played a match of Interrogation that was so excellent and close I almost want to retire forever for fear of spoiling it.

The loadout I've been running with:
Revolver
Burst Rifle
Brawler 1
First-Aid Training 2
Covert Training 2
Explosion Expert 1

I've considered dumping Explosion Expert in favor of Covert Training 3 but I dunno how useful that would be without silenced weapons.

Actually, Covert 3 is -very- useful for front-line combat. If you're marked by Hawk-eyed 2, your opponent can read all of your actions and movements even when you're behind a wall, making killing them a lot harder than normal. Normally cautious enemies will also beeline if they know your exact location and know you're facing the wrong way, turning bad situations to worse situations quickly.

For extra fun, try diving into cover and pulling out a Shotgun while using Covert 3. Rushers will hate you when they can't see the Shotgun until they're staring down the barrel. Also a great weapon when your cover's blown and you need to kill people quick and get the hell out of there. If you're aiming for a Shiv kill, you should be trying to get close anyway. May as well make the most out of when things go south.

But does it come with The Gif? :eek:

Are any of the DLC skills 'must haves'? I'm enjoying the MP and wondering if any of the skills are decent enough to maybe pick up a bundle with them. Also the four weapons, does buying them allow you to use them as your main weapon on your loadouts or are they purchasables?

Enforcer is a cool hybrid of the Pistol and Revolver. High accuracy, high firing rate, little recoil, 4 shots to down, only 1 loadout point. Prefer the feel of the Revolver though which happens to be free.
Double Barrel is if you want the Shorty but don't want to drop your Pistol/Revolver or if you simply need some extra firepower but can't afford a 3-point purchasable.
Specter, eh, not much experience with that. I'm a maniac so I'd be okay with the Assault Rifle. :p
Not much experience with the Launcher either, sadly.

Of the four weapons, only the Enforcer is -not- a purchasable.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the DLC skills part.

Agility 2 is great on a few maps. Damage Marker is eh if you're used to marking normally. Fortitude 2 has its uses. In one match, I shot a guy twice to finish and had to run as his ally was coming, not realizing I needed three to finish until I ran. When I ran back, it turned out his friend had Reviver 3 and suddenly I had two guns pointed at me. Didn't end so well. Personally though, I'd recommend trying not to go down in the first place. Scavenger has its uses in Supply Raid and Interrogation. Gunslinger is eh. Better off getting a second weapon. Bomb Expert is pretty good. Executioner is good for early-match part boosting, though you should switch loadouts mid-match to maintain effectiveness once you've got your weapons upgraded.

Superflat

Man, this game is so much like Gears to me; and not just in the ebb and flow of its gameplay, but in how I am forever falling in and out of grooves and efficacy. Kicked so much bum the other night, yet last night I was a complete dropkick.

And just like Gears, It's also very, very addictive and very, very rage inducing. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't employed the Close Application trick on a few occasions (insane how quick this is, by the way).

It's ridiculous how different every match plays. The unpredictability and wildly different outcomes actually tire me out after just a few matches.

My first MP match of the day usually ends up being my absolute best or worst for the rest of my session.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been using covert 3 a bit lately just based on how much I hate playing people who use it... obviously it's pretty good if I find it so consistently vexing.

Mentok

Banned
Is sharpshooter only for weapons with a zoom? Like the bow and hunting rifle? I was considering putting it on my semi-auto build, but don't know if I'm wasting points...
Also, I need to play with more GAFers, it sucks playing with randoms who don't use mics.

Ughhh havent played since Ps3 and I'm awful. I really hate mp games. When you get a job it's no longer fun.

And I really really hate when devs think, "the more content we cram into mp the more fun it is!". Just makes it overwhelming to come back to.

At week 10 now. I find myself playing then seeing a mission pop up and I think, "I could probably knock that out now." then once that's done, "Might as well finish this week." and then, "Another mission?!"

Two hours later I come out of my trance.

Im pretty sure that if you join a match late, after the first minute or something, that day does not count towards your day count. you get the supplies, but you dont advance a day. You used to, but they changed that some time ago on ps3.

Im pretty sure that if you join a match late, after the first minute or something, that day does not count towards your day count. you get the supplies, but you dont advance a day. You used to, but they changed that some time ago on ps3.

I can confirm this happened to me earlier. Still kinda screws you over if you have a big group of people. No way you can get enough supplies in a game that's about to wrap up.

Yes, this has happened to me while using two different controllers.

Has anyone been able to figure out what makes joining an in-progress match still count as a day? For the most part it doesn't, but I've joined a few that have for some reason counted. I assume it has something to do with how much time is remaining in the match, but I'm curious what the cut off is.

Cutwolf

Had a few bugs crop up that I haven't seen before.

- Completed my mission, but somehow didn't "take" and ended up wiping out my clan. Maybe I screwed up somehow, but I've never had a clan die in hundreds of hours over PS3 and PS4.

- If I plant one more bomb and have it disappear into the void AND from my inventory, I'm going to need a new controller and TV.

RedAssedApe

Banned

I've actually had this happen to be a few times. I have some short Kontrol Freeks added to the top of my DS4 sticks so I thought they were causing the issue.

I don't think the multiplayer is as good as Gears was in it's prime (Gears 1/3). It doesn't have that adrenalin pumping action to compete with it in my opinion. It all feels a bit sluggish and I don't tend to like multiplayer that doesn't have some kind of pace to it. I hate how long it takes to kill someone when their down as well. In the past I've put three or four pistol bullets in to a downed enemy and they still don't die.

It's not bad but it's not great either. I finished the Firefly Journey yesterday so I might as well do the Hunter Journey to get the Plat. Bit of a slog though.

On the other hand, the single player is possibly my favourite campaign ever.

Mentok

Banned
I don't think the multiplayer is as good as Gears was in it's prime (Gears 1/3). It doesn't have that adrenalin pumping action to compete with it in my opinion. It all feels a bit sluggish and I don't tend to like multiplayer that doesn't have some kind of pace to it. I hate how long it takes to kill someone when their down as well. In the past I've put three or four pistol bullets in to a downed enemy and they still don't die.

It's not bad but it's not great either. I finished the Firefly Journey yesterday so I might as well do the Hunter Journey to get the Plat. Bit of a slog though.

On the other hand, the single player is possibly my favourite campaign ever.

This is my biggest gripe too. It shouldn't take more than 2 shots for a downed person to be finished, especially in a game with limited resources.

Dingotech

Am I the only one who can't connect to multiplayer currently?

It's just sitting on the 'Please Wait...' screen spinning forever.

EDIT - Finally connected after rebooting the game for the third time.

Top Bottom