• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So GAF, I've played about 6 matches so far and I'm really bad at the MP. Won about half but the wins had nothing to do with me. I'm not really getting many parts at the end of each match, <1000, and I don't know how to earn more like the other players.

I've been throwing everything I've got at the enemy and they just aren't going down. I just finished a match where I thought to play at a distance and could have sworn I have had about 4-5 kills... I looked at the stats and i had 0. Revolver head shots don't down an enemy apparently. Reversely, 2 shots to the torso with an assault rifle seems to down me. I've had people run through my bombs and molotovs and not go down. The only time I seem to successfully kill is with melee.

I don't know how leveling works, I'm still at 0 (if that is indeed the level number) and everyone I match with is anywhere between 10-40. Maybe they have perks etc where I haven't unlocked anything yet.

Two games ago some guy on my team was yelling at me for following him, so i suppose a decent team makes a big difference.

Try starting off with support, backing up your team and observing, absorbing things and then start taking the offensive more?

The 'level' is just what week people are on, so it shows how long they've played, not necessarily their skill level. You should unlock at least the second level of each perk by the end of the first 12 weeks, along with all loadout points (13). In the meantime you can use the presets to give access to more points and high level perks

So after my mishap I almost considered not worrying about the Hunter trophy but I put some time in here and there and slowly the disappointment faded and I began having fun again.

10 Weeks, 2 Days - the end is almost here and this time I will pay more attention to the last quest!

Think you have two more. It surprised me. Had an attack in week 11, then another one in week 12. Nearly fluffed it

Grinchy

Banned
Setting up a party now, have 2/5. We win a lot but we're not overly serious about it. Join us, dammit. Fucker's not gettin up.

Just send a friend request or message to me (Grinchy).

Think you have two more. It surprised me. Had an attack in week 11, then another one in week 12. Nearly fluffed it

Yeah, I only fluffed up because I had building work going on the basement and thought I had hit the goal already and kind of only half healed the last challenge - RIP to 12 weeks of work.

Once I'm done this I can feel happy to replay TLoU on my own time for Platinum.

kubus

How do I know when there's a 100% risk mission? I'm at the beginning of week 5 now. I really don't want to screw this journey up but the mission thing has been a bit unclear so far.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do I know when there's a 100% risk mission? I'm at the beginning of week 5 now. I really don't want to screw this journey up but the mission thing has been a bit unclear so far.

Weeks 6,8,10,11,12. It will be very clear with big red "100% population risk" text and a picture of a guy with a big gun. As long as you save easy missions for these you should be fine. Eg heals is really easy, even after you've done it a few times - pick the preset support class and you can often clear all three requirements in the first game you play

kubus

Weeks 6,8,10,11,12. It will be very clear with big red "100% population risk" text and a picture of a guy with a big gun. As long as you save easy missions for these you should be fine. Eg heals is really easy, even after you've done it a few times - pick the preset support class and you can often clear all three requirements in the first game you play
Alright, should be seeing them pop up soon then I guess. I'm scared :( I've been trying to save the easy missions so far so hopefully I won't run into any trouble. Thanks!

Alright, should be seeing them pop up soon then I guess. I'm scared :( I've been trying to save the easy missions so far so hopefully I won't run into any trouble. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I got multiple 100% risk events during week 12, fyi. I also think the "gift giving" mission is quite easy for the first one or two times since there is low skill involved. Just make sure to craft as many items as possible i.e. a shiv and smoke bomb instead of one normal bomb. You can run around to all the supplies if you really need to, and should be able to give 4-5 gifts per day (12-15 crafted items). Support class or anything with Crafter 2 works well.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I need to play with some good players im tired of playing with randoms, I play supply raid or interrogation (dont like surviviors so much), I like using the rifle and am a team player

Alpha_Zero88

drotahorror

Do you not get anything at all for being thrown into an ongoing match? I had a really good game after being throw in one and I didn't notice any progression in anything. Not even towards my next unlock.

So I made this video in the SHAREfactory. Took way too long lol. Basically this guy ragequit during the execution. I screencapped some of the saved video and messaged it to the guy...his reply was just...hilarious to say the least.

Ragequit

Dreez

So GAF, I've played about 6 matches so far and I'm really bad at the MP. Won about half but the wins had nothing to do with me. I'm not really getting many parts at the end of each match, <1000, and I don't know how to earn more like the other players.

I've been throwing everything I've got at the enemy and they just aren't going down. I just finished a match where I thought to play at a distance and could have sworn I have had about 4-5 kills... I looked at the stats and i had 0. Revolver head shots don't down an enemy apparently. Reversely, 2 shots to the torso with an assault rifle seems to down me. I've had people run through my bombs and molotovs and not go down. The only time I seem to successfully kill is with melee.

I don't know how leveling works, I'm still at 0 (if that is indeed the level number) and everyone I match with is anywhere between 10-40. Maybe they have perks etc where I haven't unlocked anything yet.

Two games ago some guy on my team was yelling at me for following him, so i suppose a decent team makes a big difference.

-If you're just starting off try using the premade loadouts since you haven't unlocked all your slots.

-always fully upgrade your main weapon first. Always.

-Stick to your team, but don't. Take advantage of them getting attention and flank. Or if they're flanking, keep your opponents attention.

-Don't ever stick to one spot for too long; keep it moving. If you're rockin covert, know that you don't always need to crawl, especially if you know the other team's attention is elsewhere.

-Always keep full health--there's plenty of health packs around. It's ok to bail if the fight's not looking good so you can live--lives are really important. Bail and reset.

-Know how many hits each weapon takes to down. Watch SanchoWest youtube videos.

With that said, yeah everyone sucks only 6 matches in haha.

Korten

Banned
Was playing with a GAF tournament ally, 2 times on Dam we completely destroyed. First game we had the entire team left and we won by defualt, the other only one guy stayed...

Then I was playing a match and it was just me and him on Supply raid, 2 v 4, we were tied in lives and we managed to secure a victory. Was very, very tough.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So the burst rifle is godly... never knew this.

I feel this is an important community announcement. Consider it, going forward.

Also. machete has the best damn executions. So awesome.

Jinjo

So the burst rifle is godly... never knew this.

I feel this is an important community announcement. Consider it, going forward.

Also. machete has the best damn executions. So awesome.

Shame the "buff" actually ruined all machete viability. Shorty-chete combo was awesome and too much fun. Now it just doesn't work anymore, making the weapon essentially useless.

Try the burst with sharpshooter 3 and scavenger 2 btw. Makes the gun even better without having to deal with lack of ammo.

And my god, I get matches more quickly but the lag is insufferable. Game completely locks up at times. It's definitely not my connection since all other games work fine. Heck, even the ps3 version didn't have this horrible netcode. The fuck naught dog?

Started up the MP to go for the platinum. Luckily its pretty gud

Is there anything I have to keep in mind so I don't wipe my colony of peoples?

Strider

Started up the MP to go for the platinum. Luckily its pretty gud

Is there anything I have to keep in mind so I don't wipe my colony of peoples?

Yes. Save the easier missions for the 100% population risak. If you fail one of those missions then everyone dies. Downs and executions r pretty easy

Cool. I just did my first mission, I chose 3 downs with the enforcer which turned out to be really easy. Probably should have saved that one.

I just had this weird game of survivors where the last two of each team ended up taking turns getting downs over and over. Is this something that happens often?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
only have a handful of days left (and one last 100% mission)

anyone want to join me?

psn: cool_calm_jon

thanks!

They seriously need to give you a huge bonus to supplies and parts when you don't have a full team. It's so easy to get shut down when the teams aren't even.

BadHand

OK GAF, what did I do wrong?

Played interrogation for the first time. I looked up a quick explanation (5 interrogations and open the lock box). Seems easy enough.

Spawned in a match, got 2 interrogations and my team got another 3. I went to the indicator labeled "Attack" and found a safe to unlock. Hit triangle, unlocked it and the game ended in a victory. My teammates suddenly went ballistic and kept calling me a retard into the next match until I disconnected.

I have no idea what I did wrong here.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Played interrogation for the first time. I looked up a quick explanation (5 interrogations and open the lock box). Seems easy enough.

Spawned in a match, got 2 interrogations and my team got another 3. I went to the indicator labeled "Attack" and found a safe to unlock. Hit triangle, unlocked it and the game ended in a victory. My teammates suddenly went ballistic and kept calling me a retard into the next match until I disconnected.

People unlock it 2/3s of the way and farm for supplies unless they're about to lose. Then they'll just finish unlocking it.

Faithless

Typically, the winning team will stop opening a box when it's 2/3rds of the way open and farm the other team for parts. This elevates your overall score and unlocks perks.

I'm not sure I agree with the practice.

I love this dumb Firefly attack crap. I am on Week 12 Day 4 and before I get to choose what goal I will go for I get backed out and so it just gave me a random pile of garbage I NEVER get. FREAKING AWESOME! This is the last trophy to get the freaking plat and this dumb garbage happens.

a916

I've witnessed the dumbest of dumb teammates in TLOU MP... In this situation it was 3 on 4 Interrogation with the 4 in our spawn not opening and farming kills while 1 player was on the other side of the map oblivious to this going on.

He decides the best time to come in is when they wipe out 2 of our players and decides to go 1 on 4 for some idiotic reason. Shockingly, he get's wiped within a second.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I love this dumb Firefly attack crap. I am on Week 12 Day 4 and before I get to choose what goal I will go for I get backed out and so it just gave me a random pile of garbage I NEVER get. FREAKING AWESOME! This is the last trophy to get the freaking plat and this dumb garbage happens.

go back to the main menu and login to factions again. That should reset your mission selection (if you havent finished 1 day already)

Åesop;125865011 said:
go back to the main menu and login to factions again. That should reset your mission selection (if you havent finished 1 day already)

I freaking hope you are right. It is for 2 Long Range Kills. I have played the crap out of this game and I think I have gotten ONE lol.

EDIT: Tried it and it worked. Had to search for a game first... THANK YOU!

Got the game on PS4 (had it on PS3 but didnt play MP much) and played a few matches.

I really like how this game really need cooperation.

You go alone you die.

It also gives some cool toys for beginners so they can take out veterans, but veterans still edge out knowing how to use each weapon and skill effectively.

I died twice because a guy kept throwing smoke bombs and shiving me.

Had a lot of fun.

I can only play at night (around 8PM Eastern) during the week.However, will start adding some of you tomorrow. Hope we can play together :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow. Just saw someone take out 10 reinforcements from sudden death (our team) with nothing but the shotgun (silenced?) and bow with a few bombs/smoke bombs and a moltov, IIRC. One of the most badass things I've seen ever.

Top Bottom