• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Viruz

Please do something about the bow, it's too powerful. Soon I'll be quitting games and I don't like to do this.

What I'm saying is it doesn't make sense that an arrow is more than twice as damaging than a bullet, regardless if it came from a handgun or not. These are your bog-standard post-apocalypse grunts running around with basic weapons that are cobbled together with broken bits of scissor and sticky tape - yet, give them a bow and arrow and they turn into Legolas.

What your talking about is the bow being balanced in contrast to the other weapons (which makes sense), rather than arguing it not being over powered or not. It's just a matter of getting used to the damage points assigned to each weapon, in the beginning, if I go up behind a person and put a shorty or revolver to the back of their head I don't expect them to turn around and down me with an arrow to the torso.

This was ultimately my problem with the game. Put five or six pistol rounds into someone as they run towards me and they don't even stop, yet I'm dead with one hit with their board with a nail in it.

Tangeroo

Please do something about the bow, it's too powerful. Soon I'll be quitting games and I don't like to do this.

I destroy most bow users with my silenced semi-auto rifle. In a showdown situation, bow is pretty awful. If I get hit by an arrow from someone I don't see, it's safe to assume he's to my side/back and I immediately sprint for cover.

This was ultimately my problem with the game. Put five or six pistol rounds into someone as they run towards me and they don't even stop, yet I'm dead with one hit with their board with a nail in it.
This made me laugh, even if it is painfully true. I am determined to get the Platinum in this game, else I would shelved MP by now.

Superflat

The nature of bullets are faithless and fickle, but the righteous board-with-nail cares not for armor.

Needs to be printed on a fortune.

Obligatory 'git gud' response.

Seriously though. Read my above response about the bow. I'll reiterate briefly. Shit is balanced, yo.

And to Re-reiterate, the Hunting Rifle is way better than the bow.

The game has stopping power. If they run at you and start swinging, and you shoot them while they are in they animation, they will not hit you with the board. Simple as that. So your complaint is actually addressed within the game. Also 5 rounds from any of the pistols is enough to down anyone unless they have on armor.

The football helmet is 2 bucks. Samurai Helmet is 30 bucks.

jake-gyllenhaal-no.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Nice little fuck you from Naughty Dog to all the people that bought the season pass and previous hat bundles by making the samurai helmet exclusive to this bundle. They should make it so that if you have bought all the previous bundle you get the helmet too. Nice job on rewarding the loyal players (as in the ones who bought the hats before).

I have to agree, unless they release it standalone. Total dickmove.

TyrantII

Headshots are not instant death with revolvers or shortys but they are with arrows. Doesn't make sense.

It doesn't seem high risk when the entire match is compromised of expert archers and nothing else. And I've done it, I had my fun with the bow, but the fun wears very thin quickly.

The bow also isn't a hit scan weapon, but projectile that travels; adding an extra layer of skill needed to land shots. You actively need to lead targets, which makes using it a distance even harder.

Doing something wrong. Bull rushing outside of an enemy reloading just doesn't work unless they're already really, really close. Backing up and firing your weapon is enough to kill a rusher 99% of the time.

Unless there's lag involved, in which case that's the issue at hand.

Thanks for clarifying!
I personally agree with many others that removing this from the smaller bundles and limiting it to that all masks thing is a bit lame, but it was probably one of the most popular items used so they are trying to bank on it. Seeing as it's merely cosmetic, I don't mind TOO much and am more-so happy that the additional maps are now coming free.

BadHand

Doing something wrong. Bull rushing outside of an enemy reloading just doesn't work unless they're already really, really close. Backing up and firing your weapon is enough to kill a rusher 99% of the time.

Unless there's lag involved, in which case that's the issue at hand.

I hate this user blaming stuff, as if rushing people with bats (or even fists) doesn't get downs. Besides, rushers usually succeed when charging around corners or through doorways, and bullets don't fire around corners.

TyrantII

I hate this user blaming stuff, as if rushing people with bats (or even fists) doesn't get downs. Besides, rushers usually succeed when charging around corners or through doorways, and bullets don't fire around corners.

So if I'm getting this right you think you should be able to beat someone that got the obvious jump on you? Cause thats what it sounds like.

I've done that to people myself and you can see them panic. That's a valid tactic of them leaving themselves open to attack.

Rushing dead on from 5 feet out is and always will be suicide. Unless the guy forgot to keep an eye on his ammo and starts reloading or has to switch to a secondary / fisticuffs. IE his misjudged badly.

And sorry, but not everyone gets a trophy.

Thats how terrible games get made, or everything gets nerfed to being just a cosmetic difference. There's plenty of options to deal with melee rushers, and often when you go down its something you did or didn't do. Learn and counter. That's part of the fun.

BadHand

So if I'm getting this right you think you should be able to beat someone that got the obvious jump on you? Cause thats what it sounds like.

I've done that to people myself and you can see them panic. That's a valid tactic of them leaving themselves open to attack.

Rushing dead on from 5 feet out is and always will be suicide. Unless the guy forgot to keep an eye on his ammo and starts reloading or has to switch to a secondary / fisticuffs. IE his misjudged badly.

And sorry, but not everyone gets a trophy.

Thats how terrible games get made, or everything gets nerfed to being just a cosmetic difference. There's plenty of options to deal with melee rushers, and often when you go down its something you did or didn't do. Learn and counter. That's part of the fun.

Where are you getting this from? I haven't complained about the melee mechanic (or trophies for that matter). I just pointed out that rushing is easily done if they don't have a clear shot on you. It's something I've used often and it works. I assume it wouldn't work on you though because by the advice you give you've obviously never made a mistake, never hesitated and always back up and shoot rushers "99% of the time".

The guy made a point which I thought was at least valid. His gripe was with nail-bats being more powerful than guns which you dismissed by telling him he's doing it wrong.

Lets face it, everything that gets a kill is a "valid tactic" and anytime someone dies it's because they did "something wrong". It's just a little bit silly to counter people's opinions with "DOING IT WRONG!!".

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just had a match where my whole team left even though we were winning easily. I ended up winning with the timer running out.

After a few weeks with the MP, I can safely state that I am truly horrible. I have flashes of competent play, but then I'll go an entire Supply Raid match with 0/0/8, or some shit.

So if I was the noob you guys were complaining about, my apologies. I swear I shoot people, but they don't go down... I run out of ammo and don;t have parts to buy more... and even with Brawler 3, I cannot seem to win melee fights... for shame.

TyrantII

Where are you getting this from? I haven't complained about the melee mechanic (or trophies for that matter). I just pointed out that rushing is easily done if they don't have a clear shot on you. It's something I've used often and it works. I assume it wouldn't work on you though because by the advice you give you've obviously never made a mistake, never hesitated and always back up and shoot rushers "99% of the time".

The guy made a point which I thought was at least valid. His gripe was with nail-bats being more powerful than guns which you dismissed by telling him he's doing it wrong.

Lets face it, everything that gets a kill is a "valid tactic" and anytime someone dies it's because they did "something wrong". It's just a little bit silly to counter people's opinions with "DOING IT WRONG!!".

Not at all, I make terrible decisions and pay dearly for it all the time!

The thing with nail bats is you first have to craft them. The second is you actually need to be pretty damn close to connect. I have a video of myself swinging to heaven with one and missing every single time because the other guy was smartly more nimble than I was expecting. The third thing, as mentioned above, is staggering someone swinging a melee weapon means it won't connect 90% of the time.

My biggest gripe is host advantage and lag tends to throw a lot of this stuff off balance sometimes, but that's ultimately a different issue. Like getting in 5-6 swing and the guy downs you after the game only showed you his two hooks.

Fair enough though, I should have offered the advice without the first part. But people also tend to have their playstyle and are not want to change it up. Which is why you have a lot of people always asking for changes to games.

Smidget

Are there more new weapons for purchase?

I see for $0.99 each but no bundle for next Tuesday?

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Burst Rifle
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Weapons|Released Aug 26, 2014

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Fully-Auto Rifle

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Semi-Auto Rifle

The Last Of Us™ - Variable Rifle

Posted in the other maps thread, but looks like they took them down?

Gray Matter

Are there more new weapons for purchase?

I see for $0.99 each but no bundle for next Tuesday?

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Burst Rifle

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Fully-Auto Rifle

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Semi-Auto Rifle

The Last Of Us™ - Variable Rifle

Posted in the other maps thread, but looks like they took them down?

Hmm... ND hasn't specified the release of these new guns/maps yet tho.

I destroy most bow users with my silenced semi-auto rifle. In a showdown situation, bow is pretty awful. If I get hit by an arrow from someone I don't see, it's safe to assume he's to my side/back and I immediately sprint for cover.

yeup. bow and hunting rifle aren't OP to me at all because a bow user very very rarely kills me without a headshot. if i don't know where they are, you head for cover fast and heal. if i see them one on one i can usually win out with the semi-auto

for some reason everyone i played with today was run happy, telegraphic movements and shit. i felt like i was the only one using radar

Superflat

If I play with a bow, I absolutely need covert 2 and be a designated flanker of the team, which is pretty darn risky. At the very least I have to hang back and join the fray when the enemy is distracted engaging someone else. A bow user going head to head with rifle users is just asking for trouble more often than not. Not a good front-line weapon at all.

I only have TLOU and Wolfenstein, need to finish both. I am torn between paying for PS+ or getting Metro 2033 Redux. How is the MP here?

I am not that much into MP, I mean I will play 2 MP games at most. I want PS+ for the free games and sales mostly.

I only have TLOU and Wolfenstein, need to finish both. I am torn between paying for PS+ or getting Metro 2033 Redux. How is the MP here?

I am not that much into MP, I mean I will play 2 MP games at most. I want PS+ for the free games and sales mostly.
It's great. Tactical 3rd shooter + splinter cell pandora tomorrow feels + ammo conservation. Very fun.

MP is fantastic and mostly team based. You have to actually think when you play, and there is a lot of skilled involved unless you use the bow or like to craft Molotov's all day.

SirCrush

Not at all, I make terrible decisions and pay dearly for it all the time!

The thing with nail bats is you first have to craft them. The second is you actually need to be pretty damn close to connect. I have a video of myself swinging to heaven with one and missing every single time because the other guy was smartly more nimble than I was expecting. The third thing, as mentioned above, is staggering someone swinging a melee weapon means it won't connect 90% of the time.

My biggest gripe is host advantage and lag tends to throw a lot of this stuff off balance sometimes, but that's ultimately a different issue. Like getting in 5-6 swing and the guy downs you after the game only showed you his two hooks.

Fair enough though, I should have offered the advice without the first part. But people also tend to have their playstyle and are not want to change it up. Which is why you have a lot of people always asking for changes to games.

Don't get me started on lag. -_-

It has caused me to play this game sparingly the past week or so. Up for some games tomorrow, Ty?

...and what's with you apologizing? Weird! O.O :p

SirCrush

Has the matchmaking improved at all since 2 weeks ago?

Yeah it has. I still get some trouble joining games on the first go but backing out/re-entering matchmaking seems to work like a charm now. The ol' PS3 fix is back in action, I suppose.

Even waiting in a lobby seems to only take a few minutes. Still...minutes more than it probably should but better than it was before. And I guess they're still working on it?

Mentok

Banned
Shooting a downed person is balanced against special executing them. I like the trade offs depending on the situation.

Plus a headshot will instant kill them anyways with anything but the 9mm.

Really? I could've sworn I tried this... maybe it wasn't to the head... gonna go play right now!

SirCrush

Really? I could've sworn I tried this... maybe it wasn't to the head... gonna go play right now!

No...it doesn't. Unless he is talking about when they are down...headshot while down is a 1 shot execution but headshots are NOT a 1shot down for most weapons.

BadHand

Is anyone else experiencing massive server issues?

I get to the point the map is picked and loading, then I'm booted back to the lobby without an error message.

The worst thing is is that the game registers it as a round (except the day doesn't progress) and my survivors are moved to either hungry or sick... happened twice in a row and my healthy clan of 60+ is now either sick or hungry.... im on week 12 day 5 so im pretty scared to do it again as it could wipe me out soon.

rbanke

Is anyone else experiencing massive server issues?

I get to the point the map is picked and loading, then I'm booted back to the lobby without an error message.

The worst thing is is that the game registers it as a round (except the day doesn't progress) and my survivors are moved to either hungry or sick... happened twice in a row and my healthy clan of 60+ is now either sick or hungry.... im on week 12 day 5 so im pretty scared to do it again as it could wipe me out soon.

I've been having lots of issues getting into games all night. And when i have gotten into one I get put back into looking for a game by myself after every match.

Proxy

After a few weeks with the MP, I can safely state that I am truly horrible. I have flashes of competent play, but then I'll go an entire Supply Raid match with 0/0/8, or some shit.

So if I was the noob you guys were complaining about, my apologies. I swear I shoot people, but they don't go down... I run out of ammo and don;t have parts to buy more... and even with Brawler 3, I cannot seem to win melee fights... for shame.

Go Crafter 3 and just craft shit and hand it out to your team mates. BAM! Top of the scoreboard.

Top Bottom