• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Right. Just the two snipers and bow.

Mostly they all need to be lvled in damage first for a one shot down. I still think the bow is a little OP. At least you need to aim the rifles. I see so many people just spamming arrows hoping to get a down. They need to at least make the draw take longer for the shot to do damage.

There are only 5 100% wipes. Use downs/kills/marks for those. You should be doing all those every game anyway. All other missions where you lose clan members, chose downs with your prefered weapons. All other missions, experiment or just don't care. Of course healing and gifting are easy too, but im specifically telling you ones that won't affect your play style. Easy.

Bolded part is the problem. It's not a big deal, but I think the clan meta-game was a missed opportunity. The MP stands on its own just fine though.

Like I said, I never had a problem completing the events. You can mitigate their influence on your play style but not eliminate it completely, especially if you are new to the game. It's the fundamental issue of team play vs. individual interest.

MP is fantastic and mostly team based. You have to actually think when you play, and there is a lot of skilled involved unless you use the bow or like to craft Molotov's all day.

Perhaps its not the bow its just your skill against bow users i almost always take down a bow user in a firefight and molotovs are few and far between

Mentok

Banned
No...it doesn't. Unless he is talking about when they are down...headshot while down is a 1 shot execution but headshots are NOT a 1shot down for most weapons.

Yeah he was talking about downed opponents. It's funny how many parts I've gotten from going around crafting and healing teammates. I realize I'm a good support player more than the "lone wolf". Although I had a funny moment tonight when my team was pinned down 3 on 2, and instead of crawling to them, I slow walked behind the enemies, who were all bunched up together. 1 molotov later, and I was laughing.

I hope there'll be another tourny!

zkorejo

Life has to stop getting in the way of me playing this game.

Same here.

The last time I played the game I had an amazing experience. I played almost all matched really very good since buying the TLOUR. Been trying to get to play this game again since last week but something always comes up. :/

Loomba

My level number goes up on the 7th day of the week and not at the start of the week, is that normal or has something messed up?

andycapps

If I play with a bow, I absolutely need covert 2 and be a designated flanker of the team, which is pretty darn risky. At the very least I have to hang back and join the fray when the enemy is distracted engaging someone else. A bow user going head to head with rifle users is just asking for trouble more often than not. Not a good front-line weapon at all.

Yup, it's a weapon that's best used when the enemy is looking at someone else on your team. And I agree, it's not a good weapon to be overly aggressive with. If the other team is very aggressive and rushing hard, it can be hard to use the bow against them, IMO.

I've been matched up with some pretty bad players these past few games.

There was one game where we lost and this dude with a mic who went 0-6 says "my team fucking sucks." :/

Gold Member

There was one game where we lost and this dude with a mic who went 0-6 says "my team fucking sucks." :/
There's always one :)

I was playing the other night and some random kid was cussing me trying to hit me all the time saying how crap I was. After the match ended I was 10-6-2 he was 1-0-5, I didn't even bother to point that out he skulked off shortly after the match ended hehehe.

Mentok

Banned

Hahaha, it's funny how often this happens. We finished a game of supply raid where We went most of the match 2 v 4. We lost, but still took them down to 3 lives and their worst player after the game started trash talking like "get good son!". I just laughed over the mic because he didn't even finish with a good score. I think he was like 3-4-7.

It's funny because the number of people who tea-bag is something I haven't experienced in any other multiplayer game outside of CS. It's almost every match.

AKyemeni

Hahaha, it's funny how often this happens. We finished a game of supply raid where We went most of the match 2 v 4. We lost, but still took them down to 3 lives and their worst player after the game started trash talking like "get good son!". I just laughed over the mic because he didn't even finish with a good score. I think he was like 3-4-7.

It's funny because the number of people who tea-bag is something I haven't experienced in any other multiplayer game outside of CS. It's almost every match.
Because crouching and uncrouching is so smooth in this game. Dat animation!

DrKelpo

Banned
i got my population to 75 yesterday thus unlocking the hockey mask, which was the last thing i wanted for my appearance.

i then stopped paying attention for the minigame and it just feels great... away is the pressure.^^

Yeah, I have played support and been at the top for parts, but that means shit when my k/d is 0/1/5. I stopped caring about the metagame when I didn't complete the first 12 weeks... now I actually want to help my team; and yes, I know that support is a sort of help.

TyrantII

Really? I could've sworn I tried this... maybe it wasn't to the head... gonna go play right now!

I'm talking about headshotting a downed player for a normal execution

Anyways, this is a game where bullets spread is huge if you're moving don't forget.

Headshots at any time are always denoted with hit markers that look like X and + combined in your reticule. if you see - . - , that's a hit against armor X or + alone denote a soft body hit.

Don't get me started on lag. -_-

Tell me about it. It's sad putting shots, or worse, arrows through someone multiple times to have them run up and hit you with a 2X4.

I'll usually find whoever is closest to the guy that just lag got me to only see how the game is being played via the host: Only to see the teammate popping off shots aimed 2-3 feet behind the guy that just got me and ending up dealing with the same fate. If the host is got bad latency to you, you're pretty much screwed and running with 200-300ms no matter what the connection graphic says. I guess I need to just start guessing which way they're strafing and lead them by 4 feet, and keep strafing myself.

The lag compensation and P2P netcode is bloody terrible in this game when people are moving around. It does heavily handicap people not expecting a brawler, which is where the complains are coming from I'm guessing.

Anyways, be on in 30! Beer run first!

i have experienced almost no lag issues in this game. but then again, i haven't experienced much at all since i went to 50mbps internet. occasionally i'll duck behind cover only to find out i was already hit by something, but it's few and far between

So this guy told me he's going to get me banned or something because I'm a lagger, and all the laggers are easy to spot because we all use the burst rifle.

Honest question, is the burst rifle OP or something?

Gold Member
So this guy told me he's going to get me banned or something because I'm a lagger, and all the laggers are easy to spot because we all use the burst rifle.

Honest question, is the burst rifle OP or something?
No lol, I think he was just pulling your chain mate. Besides he's going to report you for what exactly? Using a gun in the game that's part of the game? Or lagging which could easily just be his own connection? Neither are going to get you a ban.

Sounds like a prick to me, just mute people like that and carry on having fun :)

Flanking around the entire team with a bow and them killing a bunch of them before they realise you're there is so satisfying.

Also, I was playing Interrogation the other day and the opposite team were so damn cocky, they weren't defending their safe at all because they didn't think they had to (due to them killing us so quickly).

So I crouch walked around the entire map (agility and covert training ftw!), bow in-hand, watching them run by me with listen mode and cracked their safe and won the match for my team.

Felt amazing. I saw 3 red dots on the mini map, running towards my position, but it was too late. I just finished cracking the safe and taunted them, while they shot me down in frustration. Haha.

peetfeet

Anybody having problems partying up? Trying to and won't let me invite or join, getting unable to connect errors and says I'm kicked. Any ideas? Same if the other person tries too.
Both on NAT 2 btw

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
God I find the shotgun so hard to use. 1 down over 3 days yeesh.

EDIT: actually 0 down lol

It has recently become my thing. Close range weapon man... bait them in. Run first aid 2 at least, to keep ammo in it.

Anybody having problems partying up? Trying to and won't let me invite or join, getting unable to connect errors and says I'm kicked. Any ideas? Same if the other person tries too.
Both on NAT 2 btw
PSN has been having some problems lately. You might want to test your connection in the PS4 settings, or look up about changing your DNS settings. Does your PS4 run through the DMZ?

peetfeet

PSN has been having some problems lately. You might want to test your connection in the PS4 settings, or look up about changing your DNS settings. Does your PS4 run through the DMZ?
Connection is fine via settings, have previously changed DNS settings and opened all ports I could with a previous issue that seemed to clear itself up with black flag. Apart from those I haven't had any other issues at all with any other games. Inc the ps3 version of TLoU. Hopefully it's just PSN issues. Not sure if it's on dmz ATM but I remember doing that with black flag.

Connection is fine via settings, have previously changed DNS settings and opened all ports I could with a previous issue that seemed to clear itself up with black flag. Apart from those I haven't had any other issues at all with any other games. Inc the ps3 version of TLoU. Hopefully it's just PSN issues. Not sure if it's on dmz ATM but I remember doing that with black flag.
Yeah you might want to put your console on the DMZ if it's not. Always had problems with ND games before I switched.

Will I get any enjoyment out of this at all if I play it before even starting the campaign?

I've never played TLOU at all, but want to play it with my SO watching. (Loves watching me play story driven games).

But it's nice to have something else to play before we get a chance to sit down together.

Gray Matter

Will I get any enjoyment out of this at all if I play it before even starting the campaign?

I've never played TLOU at all, but want to play it with my SO watching. (Loves watching me play story driven games).

But it's nice to have something else to play before we get a chance to sit down together.

It will spoil some of the locations in the game, so I would say play campaign first.

Hoje0308

Banned
Two weeks away from finishing the Hunter's journey and getting the Platinum. Looking forward to taking a break with some inFamous: First Light. TLoU MP is great, but my God there are some truly terrible players that refuse to think during matches.

"Hey. what we're doing isn't working but I'm sure we'll win if we continue to use the same tactics."

or

"We have a healthy lead and there's 90 seconds left. Better split up and run toward all the good ambush spots."

Superflat

"We have a healthy lead and there's 90 seconds left. Better split up and run toward all the good ambush spots."

Yeah, there were a handful of matches where some people just start sprinting around when the other team are on their last set of players in Supply Raid. By that point I usually have my supplies so it doesn't matter a whole lot to me if we win or lose, but I love the hubris of a cocky team getting shot down.

I'm on Week Twelve of my Hunter campaign. After 5 or so matches I get to start from the beginning on my Firefly campaign! At least 84 matches! Wooohoooooooooo... ?

New maps couldn't come sooner! Thank got they're free updates.

God I find the shotgun so hard to use. 1 down over 3 days yeesh.

EDIT: actually 0 down lol

Try taking the time to flank around the enemy team and then come up from behind them and blast them away like sitting ducks.

i'm kinda ashamed to admit, i didnt know you could hold triangle to collect everything at once....i always hammered the button repeatedly

Omg, I never knew that. All along I've been mashing triangle like a mad man.

Holding triangle doesn't work well enough to use it. When it works it's great, but there are other times when you're just crouching there holding triangle and nothing happens because you're not close enough. Not worth the risk in my books.

Baliis

Holding triangle doesn't work well enough to use it. When it works it's great, but there are other times when you're just crouching there holding triangle and nothing happens because you're not close enough. Not worth the risk in my books.

Yea, it never works for me.

Top Bottom