• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers S3 |OT| The End Is Near - Premieres Sunday 4/16, 9pm on HBO

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(Sad piano music plays one last time)

Floor

Neo Member
it's sad that this is the last episode, but at the same time I'm thankful that we even got season 3. Very excited for the finale.

Having trouble getting too excited about the finale because I know it's obviously going to ignore every question I have. At least it'll be an entertaining hour.

Is that a futuristic cell phone Laurie's talking on?

edit: Also, I think Nora stopped it at the last minute, or the machine crapped out and didn't work, calling back to the tech issues she was having earlier in the season.

1) She went to the other side, an afterlife/universe and took over the other Noah, similar to what Kevin does when he goes to a new place. This explains Laurie being there alive, and Kevin not knowing anything.

2) This is a time jump, Laurie didn't kill herself and Kevin is either losing his mind like his father or is playing dumb for one last chance.

You won't get an answer out of this, this is the viewers choice.

Noah is in a very similar situation where she is completely lost, but is just going with the motions. This is much like when Kevin goes to the other side.

spyder_ur

I could go either way on the 'getting answers' stuff and wasn't really expecting that, but that episode just wasn't particularly entertaining.

Carrie Coon is incredible though.

Is there any symbolism in the last shot that I'm missing?

~Kinggi~

Banned
A nice emotional episode. Not quite as great a wrapup as i was hoping. Im of course still wondering what all the invisible GR people and the alternate reality hotel world is about. Nice to hear about the other side though. That shit must have been nuts. Provided a nice contrast that everyone else felt lucky, while in the current world everyone felt left behind.

MastAndo

None of it is true.

Kevin finally "found" Nora because he died from the massive heart attack. The whole episode took place in the afterlife, separate from those taken in the rapture. Nora figured this out, but didn't have the heart to tell him he's dead, or maybe didn't tell him for selfish reasons.

Then again, she does make it a point to mention that she doesn't lie in the beginning of the episode.

Ahh, I don't know what to think.

Top Bottom