• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki |OT| The Empire Strikes Back

Been going through my copy of the Crossbell Archive, and man, there are so many little details that I totally forgot.

Really love the way this game compliments Zero/Ao.

Ao spoilers and Sen chapter 5 spoilers:
I was mostly reading about the big meeting in Crossbell and the subsequent terrorist attack by the Erebonian Liberation Front (partnered with Calvard!), and it dawned on me that pretty much all the terrorists get slaughtered by the Red Constellation. Does that mean that G ends up on the unfortunate end of their weapons?

So much to think about.

luca1980

Banned
wow. from my point of view of a beginner student of Japanese I really cannot understand some of you, capable of playing and understanding the Japanese of kiseki titles, jumping on sen ASAP and skipping the titles before..,.
I mean I suppose every title has little improvements for gameplay and game design so IMHO it would be better to let sen for last ..

Ch. 3 staring at the stars ... Alisa isn't really that bad of a character. She's growing on me. A certain other character's design bothers me though.

oh god stawp

i can't do it

just stawp

OTL

It's not specific info, just the nature of it.
That the game differs from the norm by not really having a "punctuated" ending like FC or Zero. So we'll have to wait for the sequel without the meager sense of closure that FC and Zero provided.
Depending on how it's handled, it could work it could feel off.

omgfloofy

Banned
Given what I've heard about this game's ending, the wait for part two is going to be the most unbearable yet.

I haven't heard the specifics of the ending, but I've heard this. I've heard that it makes the wait from FC to SC seem super easy, too.

As a result, I kind of dread it and at the same time, I really want to see what it is to see what's happening. xD

Holy crap at the beginning of Ch. 4 and the opening shots of
Heimdal.
I'm starting to get excited here.

I haven't heard the specifics of the ending, but I've heard this. I've heard that it makes the wait from FC to SC seem super easy, too.

As a result, I kind of dread it and at the same time, I really want to see what it is to see what's happening. xD

Wait a minute. Conjecture:
We should probably already have an idea of what kind of ending it is. How did the game start?

What is your definition of "mild spoilers" when we're talking about the ending? lol

In any case, I'm just gonna wait and see for myself.

What is your definition of "mild spoilers" when we're talking about the ending? lol

Well, I haven't finished the game. XD.

Still chugging along in chapter 5. Trying to pace myself, but failing miserably.

My Vita died last night, so it forced me to not play for an entire day! Woh is me.

Well, I haven't finished the game. XD.

Still chugging along in chapter 5. Trying to pace myself, but failing miserably.

My Vita died last night, so it forced me to not play for an entire day! Woh is me.

Well, in that case .. I went ahead and read it. And it got me excited.

This. Game.

Also, lol, you're chugging along? Here am I just finishing up some preliminary quests in the beginning of Ch. 4 and smashing my OCD to pieces my accidentally saving over my End of Ch. 3/Beginning of 4 save file.

Well, in that case .. I went ahead and read it. And it got me excited.

This. Game.

Also, lol, you're chugging along? Here am I just finishing up some preliminary quests in the beginning of Ch. 4 and smashing my OCD to pieces my accidentally saving over my End of Ch. 3/Beginning of 4 save file.

My Vita died on me last night and I discovered that I hadn't saved for two hours following a certain boss.

My last save file was before said boss.

ETERNAL SADNESS.

My Vita died on me last night and I discovered that I hadn't saved for two hours following a certain boss.

My last save file was before said boss.

ETERNAL SADNESS.

Oh man, I feel for you. : ( Shouldn't your spot have been sort of saved with save states though? I lucked out on a few PSP games that way.

I haven't. I'm at the last dungeon though.

I probably won't be there for another two weeks.

@________@

How do you even charge it?

A hilarious process that involves putting something heavy on a certain part of the charge cable to that the connector pushes into the Vita at a certain angle.

It's all very complicated math and science. I bought a new pink Vita today so I'm done with that though.

Shouta

Chapter 3 was really good, back to the "usual" business for a Kiseki game. Started Chapter 4 and I just got the new hub. Very nice though it would've been sweet to get it as one big city instead of broken up into areas. But I guess they had to do it this way to support the Vita.

The slot on the Vita for the power cable somehow melted.

The whole thing is busted, which is why I gotta buy a new Vita. Haha.

Just in time for 2000.

Sony: According to keikaku.

As for me, I think I'm at the very end of Chapter 4. I've not read any spoiler in this thread unless it specifically states it is before where I am, but from the rumblings, I'm getting pretty excited...

omgfloofy

Banned
Chapter 3 was really good, back to the "usual" business for a Kiseki game. Started Chapter 4 and I just got the new hub. Very nice though it would've been sweet to get it as one big city instead of broken up into areas. But I guess they had to do it this way to support the Vita.

I think there's something else going on with its setup. I noticed a bit of 'player control' happening there, at the same time. It was somewhat subtle, but because there was one particular place I REALLY wanted to see the whole time I was there, and I was never given an opportunity to do so from the game, I'm led to being way more suspicious of a number of things in capital as a result.

In
Elliot's house,
a book titled "Christ, who's gonna die first?" Lol ...

A hilarious process that involves putting something heavy on a certain part of the charge cable to that the connector pushes into the Vita at a certain angle.

It's all very complicated math and science. I bought a new pink Vita today so I'm done with that though.

.... Well congrats on the new Vita. The fact that you were able to play Kiseki at all seems pretty impressive.

And yet, at the forefront of the Vita library is a game that takes place in a giant floating city.

Chapter 5 complete/opening of chapter 6 spoilers:

Man, that was awesome. I loved being able to see how that terrorist attack went down across the boarder, knowing how things went in Crossbell.

Looks like I was totally right about Gideon being among the group that gets slaughtered by Red Constellation.

ALSO MULLLLLLEEERRRRRRRRR WOOOOOOOOO.

Just finished chapter 6, so I'm finally listening to the drama CD.

Family no Kiseki.

Dad no Kiseki

All appropriate names for this game. Hahaha.

WOH. Drama CD spoilers:
Goddamn. Bleu Blanc is behind the whole sudden storm, mostly because of his interest in Class VII. And since his eternal rival, Olivier, is behind them, all the more promising. He also goes on to properly introduce himself as a member of Ouroboros. Holy shit. I'm shocked this wasn't in the game, but it's still awesome.

Also looking forward to seeing where his interest in Rean leads to later on.

Nice to see everybody's favorite jackass still on the move. In any case, that was a great hour long Drama CD. Make sure to listen to it post chapter 6 and no earlier/later.

Another character with a sickeningly sweet voice. There's something really weird with the female VA direction in this game. It doesn't sound natural at all. : (

Edit: Oh, it's
Misty.

Final Chapter time.

If it looks like the last dungeon, smells like the last dungeon, and tastes like the last dungeon, it's probably the last dungeon.

Pretty fucking cool looking, though I find myself progressively more on edge every time a character FINAL CHAPTER SPOILERS + AO NO KISEKI SPOILERS:
a character shrugs off Crossbell's declaration of independence as some powerless gesture. "They don't even have a proper military force!" etc etc. I checked my Crossbell Archive/s book, and timing-wise we should be right on top of the joint invasion which results in the giant guns being erased from existence. This game is clearly not going to end well.

It looks like things are lining up with my intuitions. Ch. 5
Lianne Sandlot is related to Arianrhod.

Yup, which explains AO SPOILERS
Ellie's reaction when Arianrhod has her mask knocked off in Ao. I had initially thought that she was in fact Sandlot, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

Shouta

I started chapter 5 last night myself, heh.

But I was right about the time frame of the game. Suck it haters on other boards. >=D

Yup, which explains AO SPOILERS
Ellie's reaction when Arianrhod has her mask knocked off in Ao. I had initially thought that she was in fact Sandlot, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

I briefly entertained that thought before dismissing it. But then again, who knows.
Perhaps the power to "bring back the dead" will come up later? Perhaps not literally, but as some sort of "illusion?"
We'll almost certainly see her in the next game and we'll have our answers. Or at least 1/4 of them.

Speaking of mysterious elements, I'm excited to see
Emma's story
play out soon. I'm really excited to see what will happen on Day 2. She's been the most intriguing classmate for me thus far.

I briefly entertained that thought before dismissing it. But then again, who knows.
Perhaps the power to "bring back the dead" will come up later? Perhaps not literally, but as some sort of "illusion?"
We'll almost certainly see her in the next game and we'll have our answers. Or at least 1/4 of them.

Definitely.
I just love the way Ouroboros has been operating throughout the entire game underneath the surface. It's so unsettling.

Top Bottom