• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki |OT| The Empire Strikes Back

I actually don't know about this. I know that there's more to Celine than meets the eye, but considering the artwork that's been released of the Master Arts cards from Ao no Kiseki....

Sort of SC/Zero/Ao spoilers:
There's just gotta be more to her than just being a cool looking cat. The series has yet to have a random animal friend that amounted to nothing, so the question is what the hell is she then? Calling it now: LEADER OF OUROBOROS.

Clearly I've lost my mind. TRUST NO ONE.

Young Magus

I've followed ENOUGH non-spoiler stuff to know this is kind of a bad idea. Maybe it's friendly to newcomers, but whether or not it is there's a lot of continuity that's a huge draw for the series, the Third was even setup for this and the last two games. Probably should just get through them in order.

It depends on what you consider "mid-low," but you might want to consider playing through FC in Japanese on PS3 and gaining access to a handwritten Kanji dictionary, then make your way through the titles. This method can take quite a bit of discipline (and time), but if you have the grammatical foundation and can get through FC, you can continue through the rest of the series (PS3, Vita versions so that all Kanji are clear and visible).

Don't just jump in at Sen regardless, though.

If nothing else, I recommend starting at the beginning so that you'll have a lot of context sensitive language explained to you as you go. You'll build a huge vocab by the time you get to Sen.

Unrelated: at TGS last week I recorded nearly the entirety of JDK Band's mini-concert. Some good shit in there.

http://www.japanator.com/tgs-2013-jdk-band-live-was-amazing-29661.phtml

Thanks for the responses everyone, looks like I`ll sit this one out for now. I`ll pick this up if/when I play/pick up the other games down the road.

Floof just reminded me on Twitter, but the trophy list for Sen no Kiseki is out. Obvious possible spoilers all over the place.

TROPHY LIST OF DOOM

For those of you who wanna know how many chapters are in the game:
THIS IS FILLER TEXT. There's a prologue chapter, six normal chapters, and a final chapter. Dear god this is gonna be a huge game. Holy fuckles.

omgfloofy

Banned
Sort of SC/Zero/Ao spoilers:
There's just gotta be more to her than just being a cool looking cat. The series has yet to have a random animal friend that amounted to nothing, so the question is what the hell is she then? Calling it now: LEADER OF OUROBOROS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(continuing the above spoilers! Sorta)
She's got competition against Antoine for that role!

Clearly I've lost my mind. TRUST NO ONE.

You have fallen to Falcom's plan. That's okay! I think we don't trust anyone either. Yotaka's already listed his suspicions on the main cast on gamefaqs, for example. xD;

Floof just reminded me on Twitter, but the trophy list for Sen no Kiseki is out. Obvious possible spoilers all over the place.

(Prep your window, Ryouga. :D)

Also, that trophy list mentions the book series title... I'm just dropping it in in Japanese, because it's too damn early in the morning for me to brain it enough to translate it in a way that makes sense. xD;
Title:
獅子心英雄章

Something in that caught my attention. SC/3rd/Zero/Ao spoiler!
The title for the Eighth Dominion is: 吼天獅子

Sitrus

Guess I will get it while waiting for Ao remake or just bite the bullet and buy the version for psp to play before starting sen. What to do...

hongcha

Those loads are awful. Apparently the vita version has bad loading times too, but they're working on a patch to fix that. I have not heard they are working on a similar patch for the ps3 version.

I am switching my preorder to the vita version due to this.

Aeana

Those loads are awful. Apparently the vita version has bad loading times too, but they're working on a patch to fix that. I have not heard they are working on a similar patch for the ps3 version.

I am switching my preorder to the vita version due to this.
I would expect both to get it.

Bebpo

Banned
That's hilarious in a depressing way.

Is this Falcom's first fully 3d game explorable game or something? Gurumin was 3d and I don't remember it have load times really bad. Same with Ys 7 and Celceta. But those are all smaller scale 3d worlds and I'm not a programmer so I dunno.

I mean I think it's cool Falcom is finally getting big enough to do a fully 3d full scale traditional rpg. But it's possible being like 10 years behind everyone else will lead to the first few games of this type having the same technical flaws that Xenosaga ep1 and early PS2 jrpgs had :\

Aeana

I think this might be Falcom's first time using a licensed engine, which would explain the lack of optimization.

Shouta

Since when did you become a graphics whore, Bebpo. D= I do wish it looked better overall but honestly, I don't really mind that much. I'm more than happy with PS2 era graphics that are cleaned up.

Anyway, I've got mine preordered. I kind of wish I had ordered from Falcom directly instead to support them but oh well.

Also, you need MOAR EFFORT in your OT Ryouga, like mine.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500402

Still less than the crazy goons that did the XIV OT though.

Holy shit on the load times. D=

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Those are really bad loading times. I almost wonder if it was a bug that ended up in their final code that broke caching or something. Would explain a fix via patch. Either that or it's just extremely inefficient use of system RAM, and I doubt that's the case since they did just fine with previous games.

Foffy

Banned
5 years is incredibly optimistic. Look at how long it's taken to get SC.
And there are 3 games after that.

Three? I thought there was more. Wasn't there a platforming-ish game in the same series? It was more like Ys than LoH.

Kainazzo

I've got it preordered, but I may end up waiting a couple of years before jumping in. I just need to make sure I download the patch (if there is one) before the PS3 part of PSN gets shut down. I suspect they'll give plenty of warning.

Edit: I do love the graphics; it's like the PS2 never left us.

Jiraiza

Waiting on my Vita so I can play through FC. Then I'll get started on the next four games. Then I will finally be able to play Sen no Kiseki that will more than likely sit on the shelf for half a year or so.

omgfloofy

Banned
I've heard that someone on 2ch (means to take it with a grain of salt) said that there are plans to put out a patch to fix the load times. I'll see if I can find the post myself later today after work. I'll be able to gather information on it then.

(Proooobably not a good idea to look at 2ch from a work computer. I mean, they block 4chan from us. xD)

Three is a lot. Considering that I heard Zero or AO {both?) are even bigger then SC...

Each one alone is bigger than SC. SC had 3.6m characters, and Zero breaks 4m, with Ao larger than it. Then Falcom's officially said that Sen's script is bigger than Ao's.

Shouta

I'm at an event in Canada this weekend anyway so I can't start playing it until Sunday at the earliest. I hope it comes anyway though. =O

Man, those load times would drive me nuts. Almost makes me glad that if we ever get this game in English it'll be so late that they'll have had plenty of time to hopefully fix that (or have ported it to the PC where the extra power & a SSD will easily take care of them).

Nuh uh. :mad:
I'll have it on Friday morning by 10:30 AM, as usual. Based FedEx.

What is this FedEx you speak of?

I only know of walking to places and handing over money! =0

*is an ass.

EDIT: I imagine that even if a patch isn't in the works, it probably is now given that everybody is commenting on the loading times. I doubt Falcom will just let that sit.

omgfloofy

Banned
EDIT: I imagine that even if a patch isn't in the works, it probably is now given that everybody is commenting on the loading times. I doubt Falcom will just let that sit.

Yeah, as I said on gamefaqs, Falcom managed to have a patch out for Ys VI when it first came out on PC- I remember that it came out before my copy arrived, and I had it by that weekend. I remember most people couldn't actually run the game at all, because most graphics cards couldn't render the 3D backgrounds. The game would crash on loading the prologue.

Aeana

They patched in the dash jump fix before I got my copy of Ys 6, too.

But, well, a PC game lets them put patches out when they want. I think there's a bit more bureaucracy involved for patching on a closed system. Hopefully they can get it out quickly anyway.

Eusis

"I've been living a lie!"
Haha, not like I picked my username for this game anyway. Though the source I got the name from (Japanese name of Rolf from Phantasy Star II) was apparently romanized as Yousis instead, so it's not as if it was "correct" from the start. Well, both of these are spelled out as Yushisu anyway.
Man, those load times would drive me nuts. Almost makes me glad that if we ever get this game in English it'll be so late that they'll have had plenty of time to hopefully fix that (or have ported it to the PC where the extra power & a SSD will easily take care of them).
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, or even to PS4 where they could take an approach like Wind Waker and just load up the entire game world at once in the RAM, or at least most of it.

ranmafan

Well this is a surprise, my copies of the game just arrived a day early. Strange I didn't even get an email saying it was shipped. But I have mine now. Problem is when can I play it. Finally get a game a day early and I can't play it immediately ha ha. Still nice to have it.

Young Magus

Why do you have the game early? Why do you have it before me?

Why isn't it 4 in the afternoon yet? Why am I at work. Where did the question marks go.

AAAGGghhHhhGgdsf

Calm down Mr. Saotome.
Sucks to hear about the load times ;_;, hopefully the patch comes real soon.

Also how's the Kiseki OT going?

ranmafan

Why do you have the game early? Why do you have it before me?

Why isn't it 4 in the afternoon yet? Why am I at work. Where did the question marks go.

AAAGGghhHhhGgdsf

I'm not sure. I ordered it direct from falcom, I guess I just got lucky today for once. Hopefully you get yours soon too.

Calm down Mr. Saotome.
Sucks to hear about the load times ;_;, hopefully the patch comes real soon.

Also how's the Kiseki OT going?

Gonna wait for Sen to be properly out and for people to play it before throwing that up.

I don't want two hot spots for discussing the game. I'd rather that discussion stay in one thread until some time has passed.

I feel like a Kiseki community thread right now would be the place where most folks end up discussing Sen.

Against my better judgement I decided to import a Vita copy from Play-Asia. I have -zero- Japanese knowledge, but I just want to see game with my own eyes and see how far Falcom has cone with their design.

Gonna wait for Sen to be properly out and for people to play it before throwing that up.

I don't want two hot spots for discussing the game. I'd rather that discussion stay in one thread until some time has passed.

I feel like a Kiseki community thread right now would be the place where most folks end up discussing Sen.

Maybe delay it until the PC release of FC is available on Steam?

Top Bottom