• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki |OT| The Empire Strikes Back

Eusis

Against my better judgement I decided to import a Vita copy from Play-Asia. I have -zero- Japanese knowledge, but I just want to see game with my own eyes and see how far Falcom has cone with their design.
Hahaha, damn. I'd save a few Youtube videos for that (enough to see where they've gone in regards to loading time! Unfortunately) and have just gotten Nayuta no Kiseki or something. Sounds like despite a higher story focus than their other ARPGs the star of the show IS the gameplay anyway. Music's awesome at least.

Kamion

I'm still contemplating buying a PSN card and getting the digital version so I can play right away... Waiting a week for my Falcom Online Shop order will be awful.
I should have ordered somewhere with FedEx, but I can't not order at Falcom directly, considering they're the ONLY ones who actually do that. I want to support them.

Also, I just binge bought Light Novels... so yeah, I'll have to wait for a week.

Don't spoil me, guys.

Pooya

watching footage on youtube from ps3 verison, go outside of the room, loading, go inside loading loading loading, battle transition loading . looks like everything takes like 10 seconds to load. Looks terribly annoying.

So this is a thing that just happened.

BU_rnasCAAA-EVU.jpg:large

People are getting their copies, which means PLEASE BE SUPER CAREFUL ABOUT SPOILERS.

And to further emphasize using caps, IF YOU'RE GOING TO TALK SPOILERS, PLEASE PUT THE CHAPTER BEFOREHAND SO PEOPLE CAN HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT IT MIGHT BE.

EDIT: Played the first ten minutes. The load times are definitely bad. Glad Falcom's gonna be patching this.

Sorry for the double post. I've played about an hour so far am pleasantly surprised that the entire opening up till this point has been fully voiced. Curious to see how long that lasts.

The music is fantastic as always. Loving some of the area themes.

The load times on the Vita version are pretty horrendous. PS3 version seems to have won out in that respect, at least until the patch hits.

Kamion

Let's hope the patch hits during next week. Will probably get my copy on Wednesday-Friday. It would be grand if they could do that (considering how fast they fixed Ys 6!)

Not holding my breath though. At least it's not crashing all the time *nudge nudge*

Still in the first dungeon. Didn't realize that the active voice system was actually...voiced. Lol.

I just assumed it'd be text for some reason.

Also Zero/Ao/OPENING TEN MINUTES OF SEN SPOILERS:
Basically the opening ends with the cannon about to fire on the tower in Crossbell, signaling the beginning of shit going to hell in Ao no Kiseki. Sarah also mentions that the mechanical enemies were built by a "certain group," so she's at least aware of Oroboros' existence. Huh. It's cool to see how shit went down on the other side.

Sitrus

Time to log off of NeoGaf's Sen no kiseki thread until it arrives. I will play it without having finished Ao though. I hope i can put that into retrospective later when Ao Evolution comes.
(Playing the games in the wrong order can be pretty fun like I did with Golden Sun xD)

Checking in! Thanks for the wonderful OT, Elliot.

This is my first Kiseki release having been completely caught up on the series (finished FC in 2011, SC, 3rd, Zero, and Ao in 2012) and as such I'm insanely excited.

Went to see if I could pick the game up today, but they only had the regular version. Definitely wanna get the drama CD, so I'm just waiting patiently til the morning.

omgfloofy

Banned
As someone who's gone through THE WAIT for every game in this series, I feel terrible for HOW AMUSED I am at watching so many friends crawling up the walls (especially you, Ryouga) with the next game to come out.

But then I realize that these friends will have the game before me and I go cry in a corner. That's what I get for being amused at a terrible thing. xD;

Gweg

Neo Member
So far, SC is the only game that has made me use a countdown tool on my computer to count the days to the release :D
None of the other Kiseki games were as suspenseful as the FC>SC cliffhanger. They were still awesome though.

omgfloofy

Banned
So far, SC is the only game that has made me use a countdown tool on my computer to count the days to the release :D
None of the other Kiseki games were as suspenseful as the FC>SC cliffhanger. They were still awesome though.

Exactly. Even to this day, the wait from FC to SC was the worst wait, and the happiest moment of getting the next game in your hands. xD;

Though it still doesn't help the hype of the last few weeks of any of the Kiseki series. xD;

Wild OT spotted !

Man i wish i could play this game , not because of the language barrier ( i'm fine ) but i seriously have no time left on my hands ... i'm counting on you all for the impression on the game.

This game look like so much fun ...
the fact that i have NOT completed Tits is also a reason why..i'm so far behind on this franchise.

The more Falcom makes these games the more they drive my desire to finally get my butt up and learn proper Japanese! Happy playing to all those who can play it! :) And on a side-note I wish they would encode/make these openings in 1080p, there's so much awesome wallpaper material there :(

Sen no Kiseki game of the forever confirmed.

Not really spoilers but in case people don't wanna see screens of a certain jovial, flirtacious, blonde haired badass, I'll just post the link.

This guy is still the best.

Finally finished the tutorial dungeon, about two hours in. There's some jank here and there, but I'm feeling reaaaaal good about this one. Also I think I'm getting used to the load times, which scares me. OTL

Zephyx

Sen no Kiseki game of the forever confirmed.

Not really spoilers but in case people don't wanna see screens of a certain jovial, flirtacious, blonde haired badass, I'll just post the link.

This guy is still the best.

Finally finished the tutorial dungeon, about two hours in. There's some jank here and there, but I'm feeling reaaaaal good about this one. Also I think I'm getting used to the load times, which scares me. OTL

Which version are you playing with? :)

Kamion

As much as I wish that everyone could play the game right away, it's quite consoling that a big part of my Twitter TL suffers with me.

What doesn't kill you and all that.

I'm worried about Sen being engulfed by its proximity to mh4 and performing poorly. I almost feel like they should have waited until mid october.

My brief 3 hours with the game confirms to me that Trist and Thors basically serve the same function as Crossbell did in Zero/Ao, at least early on. They function as the hub since that's where your home is in-game.

Also the OST is kind of a mix of early Kiseki and the more recent stuff. It's really cool.

Jonnyram

I had no idea so many people on GAF were into Kiseki.
I only got it into it last year, thanks to Zero Evolution on Vita, and I'm trying my best to catch up, but I don't think I'll be there until Ao Evo next year. Depending on people's reactions, especially Ryouga, I might play this before Ao. Just depends how "safe" it is.

Shouta

Lots of Import Trails GAF, lol.

Definitely doing Ao Evo next year. Probably with a VITA TV and streaming it too like I'll be streaming Sen no Kiseki.

Aeana

I had no idea so many people on GAF were into Kiseki.
I only got it into it last year, thanks to Zero Evolution on Vita, and I'm trying my best to catch up, but I don't think I'll be there until Ao Evo next year. Depending on people's reactions, especially Ryouga, I might play this before Ao. Just depends how "safe" it is.

I see.
I see how it is.

Just a heads up that somebody is uploading a rip of the OST onto Youtube, but something went horribly wrong and they've been pitched + slowed down.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Really tempted to just skip Zero and Ao and jump into this >_>

I must stay strong.

omgfloofy

Banned
3 attacks in a row, Jesus! But I beat him. So far the most painful fight in the series for me has been Ao's final boss.

Ao final boss spoiler (and a little of 3rd)
Somehow, I managed to avoid that 'mandatory game over' because of the knee-jerk reaction to Charge Attack+All Defenses Down that came about from 3rd's final battle on Nightmare. And I knew HIT IT HARD. USE BURST MODE. NAAAAAAO because I didn't have the CP to use Zero Field.

Funny how lack of CP saved my life there. Even more funny because people yell at me for never using my S-Crafts because I'm PARANOID about using them at the wrong time.

Nothing comes close to the pain and agony that was 3rd's final boss.

I'm still traumatized by it even now. Made me scared to play Zero a few years back. Haha.

Nothing comes close to the pain and agony that was 3rd's final boss.

I'm still traumatized by it even now. Made me scared to play Zero a few years back. Haha.

Now I'm scared, guys.

Out of nowhere hard bosses in Kiseki games are the reason I haven't made the jump to harder difficulties yet. But when I get Zero Vita ... I might take up the challenge.

Kamion

Don't be too scared. I killed the boss on my very first try on Normal. Just Earth Wall (+ Kevin's first SCraft) sensibly and it's rather easy.

Now on Hard on the other hand...

EDIT: Actually, this is sound advice for any harder Kiseki boss on Normal. I even beat (3rd optional boss spoiler)
the double fight versus Loewe and Cassius
without taking much damage.

Don't be too scared. I killed the boss on my very first try on Normal. Just Earth Wall (+ Kevin's first SCraft) sensibly and it's rather easy.

Now on Hard on the other hand...

EDIT: Actually, this is sound advice for any harder Kiseki boss on Normal. I even beat (3rd optional boss spoiler)
the double fight versus Loewe and Cassius
without taking much damage.

That's how I dealt with
Cassius
, basically.

Top Bottom