• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki |OT| The Empire Strikes Back

Sinople

After watching some Youtube videos, I don't know if I could play the game with such horrendous load times, even the PS3 version which is faster (and not going to be patched, right?).

EDIT: Actually, this is sound advice for any harder Kiseki boss on Normal. I even beat (3rd optional boss spoiler)
the double fight versus Loewe and Cassius
without taking much damage.

This one was surprisingly easy.

Gweg

Neo Member
Man, Japanese people sure have a knack for puns : the title for the most recent Sen no Kiseki thread on 2ch is アリエンロード..... :D

jdkluv

SCj6aAe.gif

One day I'll be able to hear all this amazing music in context ;_;. Kanji is no joke though...

Also, can't stop to hear this track. So good.

Shouta

After watching some Youtube videos, I don't know if I could play the game with such horrendous load times, even the PS3 version which is faster (and not going to be patched, right?).

This one was surprisingly easy.

They're going to patch it to fix the load times.

Aeana

OP doesn't provide any info. How is this related to Trails in the Sky?

Trails in the Sky FC and SC form a two-game arc of the Kiseki storyline, and were followed by Trails in the Sky the 3rd which sort of acts as a bridge between that and Zero, as well as filling out a lot of characters who didn't get enough development in FC/SC. After that came Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki, which form another arc, and this one presumably starts a new arc. The core storyline is ongoing, and many threads from the original arc are still being built upon and explored.

Dennis

Banned
Trails in the Sky is a three-game arc of the Kiseki storyline. After that came Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki, which form another arc, and this one presumably starts a new arc. The core storyline is ongoing, and many threads from the original arc are still being built upon and explored.

OK, thank you.

Is there any possiblity for an English language release do you think?

jdkluv

luca1980 please, don't link to sites with download links. Just link to sites like VGMdb. Thank you.

Also, track 2-27? That track doesn't even exist in Ao's OST. I think you're talking about the final boss theme, but no way in hell I'm gonna look at dat spoiler just to verify it. Still, I don't think that's an spoiler.

OK, thank you.

Is there any possiblity for an English language release do you think?

Honestly? I don't think so. That will depend on how well Second Chapter does when it gets released, so everybody please buy FC (PC) and SC when they come in English. We need more coverage to ensure the localization of the following games in the series.

omgfloofy

Banned

You're all good. I knew the track name before I played the game, and that didn't tell me anything. When the final boss was revealed, I wouldn't have guessed it at all by that name. So you're safe.

OP doesn't provide any info. How is this related to Trails in the Sky?

I wonder if we can pry the Vita out of Ryouga's hands long enough to get him to add that info to the post?

Takuhi

So is all the outcry about the loading times I'm reading on the Japanese sites overblown? I don't see anyone here complaining about it. (I know a patch is on the way.)

Aeana

So is all the outcry about the loading times I'm reading on the Japanese sites overblown? I don't see anyone here complaining about it. (I know a patch is on the way.)
There are complaints in here about it, but keep in mind there's only a couple of people playing so far. We were discussing it earlier when talking about a video. It looks pretty bad. I assume the lack of extreme outcry is because a patch is already announced.

RangerBAD

I haven't played it, but I've been watching streams and the loading times look pretty bad for a PS3 game at this point in the gen at times. The fact that a "Now Loading" text has to pop up is kind of telling. It seems to mainly be when fast travel (think Tales of Xillia) is used. I don't know about the Vita's load times.

There are complaints in here about it, but keep in mind there's only a couple of people playing so far. We were discussing it earlier when talking about a video. It looks pretty bad. I assume the lack of extreme outcry is because a patch is already announced.

10-20 second load times are common on the Vita version, 30+ when it gets really bad. I've kind of got used to them though haha.

jae

They're really bad on Vita. 30-40 seconds. I'm playing the PSN version, too. Have to put it down until the patch.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpzcCUrpg_s

load times seem kind of reasonable-ish on ps3. i mean it's not something that would make it unbearable to play like the vita. still shitty, but not exactly gamebreaking. coming from a shop out to the town field seems to be the worst offender.

im not going to be able to resist playing this once it gets here i think. i'll put off zero and ao for later - if no hd version appears then i'll play on vita tv. :)
from what i'm reading though, the game is pretty heavily tied to stuff from ao... argh

I think my brain just shuts off whenever I see the Now Loading screen pop up. Hahaha.

Anyway, Sen no Kiseki Chapter 1 character spoilers:
IS THAT BLUE BLANC I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE? Wasn't expecting him to pop up so early. HELL YEAAAAAAH.

/end flailing.

Figures GAF would annihilate my bandwidth allowance on photobucket. Lol.

Aeana

8th chapter of 3rd ... and HMV has forgotten me. By the time I start the game everyone will have beaten it already.

P.S. Ryouga, Your photobucket uploads are showing up "Look who's popular."

HMV always seems to ship a little later than everyone else, and the earliest I've ever gotten anything from them is the Monday after release.

HMV always seems to ship a little later than everyone else, and the earliest I've ever gotten anything from them is the Monday after release.

That's true. Being "in transit" for 2 days for an in stock item is pretty weird though. I don't remember this kind of thing happening with DQVII, but then again, maybe I'm a little more impatient when it comes to a new Kiseki game. I'll get it when I get it though.

Oh man, I can just sense the wait for the next one being painful.

The pics will be fixed in a few hours. I have no free time right now, but Floofy is hosting the images for me now.

I missed your comment on the photobucket thing, I didn't mean to complain.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Is a patch really going to do that much though? Usually long loading times isn't something you 'wait' to patch. I remember ModNAtion getting a patch to help with loading times, but they were still horribly slow.

Shouta

Man, I just got a shipping notification from AmiAmi. That means I'm probably getting it Monday.

Then again, the patch isn't out yet sooooo.

omgfloofy

Banned
Your avatar had been Falcom's worst name let's call him "Waji" for quite a while it seems like.

It sure was. Because I think Wazy's amazing. (I like him enough to have tracked down one of the Ao no Kiseki tapestries of him. D:)

But I'm fascinated with Crow's design and what's there about him so far.

I gotta say, Falcom certainly put some money into decent net/magazine advertising. Lots of cover stories, a day one guide book, GAF advertisements are all Kiseki for me, and even the top ad on Youtube here is Kiseki and a trailer.

Do the gates in the castle correspond to different characters? I wanted to keep Estelle with my main party, but I'm wondering if she should be with a more story relevant party.

I gotta say, Falcom certainly put some money into decent net/magazine advertising. Lots of cover stories, a day one guide book, GAF advertisements are all Kiseki for me, and even the top ad on Youtube here is Kiseki and a trailer.

On the 4gamer "most anticipated* (future) title awards, there was a link at the top to Sen no Kiseki's main page and its Amazon page.

*someone let me know if there's a better translation than the one I chose for my thread ...

Edit: SHIPPED! :D

hongcha

It looks like the patch will not be released before the end of next week:
https://twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/383419926041481217

Unfortunately it's only for the Vita version. They've said nothing about a PS3 patch thus far (unless I missed something). Perhaps the Vita loads will just improve to PS3 level, and they view that as acceptable? We'll see.

EDIT: well, now they've put word of the patch on the game's official site:

http://www.falcom.co.jp/sen/

They don't specify the patch is only for the Vita, so maybe it is for both versions?

Top Bottom