• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Hatsuu

XSEED
Are there any plans to patch the GOG version any time soon? Friend of mine is still suffering from the quest update problem, presumably since while that was patched on Steam yesterday, the GOG version hasn't received any updates yet. And he wants the s-break fix too. :(

Yes! Sara uploaded a patch a couple hours ago, so GOG just needs to implement it.

desmax

Are there any plans to patch the GOG version any time soon? Friend of mine is still suffering from the quest update problem, presumably since while that was patched on Steam yesterday, the GOG version hasn't received any updates yet. And he wants the s-break fix too. :(

Yeah, I really want that patch too.

Honestly, even a compressed file containing the files that were modified (So that I can overwrite them) would be enough

Tarazet

I really don't know what I'm trying to do configuring these controls. Maybe I should just play with a keyboard.

You can play the entire game with the mouse, plus Z and X to rotate the camera. That's the way I've been doing it and it is a pleasure. I had to go into the config.exe and swap the mouse buttons, though, because the default setting was making me crazy.

Shiokazu

i alt tabbed after a battle, still in the victory screen, when i came back to the game window it crashed

i was running it in fullscreen, without the HD fonts.

alstein

You can play the entire game with the mouse, plus Z and X to rotate the camera. That's the way I've been doing it and it is a pleasure. I had to go into the config.exe and swap the mouse buttons, though, because the default setting was making me crazy.

I wish there was a button to set the camera to north instantly. The movement in this game is a little unusual to me.

Enjoying what I've played of it so far, and I've had no issues (I wonder if folks who are having issues haven't updated drivers- that's a common source of issues)

wrowa

And now that I got it to work I need to tune the volume down a little bit to match with the game better. And I'm curious if the music had a set point for the OGGs in when to loop, because I swear it looped seamlessly whereas with your own OGG files it acts like a CD track on repeat... kind of like older redbook audio games actually.

Another poster in this thread explained that you'll need to set loop tags in Audacity for the music to loop properly.

Despera

Banned
So that freaking plant self destructed out of nowhere just as I defeated it, which wiped out my party...

Talk about a cheap move :/

Eusis

Another poster in this thread explained that you'll need to set loop tags in Audacity for the music to loop properly.
Wow, nice. I'll have to see if that works and share the information for others who bought over iTunes (and I imagine Amazon, probably submitted exactly the same songs but in .mp3 and .m4a formats.)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, I want *some* intrigue. This is cookie-cutter as hell.

Dialogue is certainly passable-to-good, though both Estelle and Joshua's character archetypes have been done to death.

But I suppose you have some inkling of my tastes. = D

I'll run till the end of Chapter 1, then, I figure.

I recall it being pretty slow until the second half of Chapter 2, aside from the events at the end of the prologue and chapter 1. The second half of the game felt better paced to me.

Dialogue is certainly passable-to-good, though both Estelle and Joshua's character archetypes have been done to death.

Don't give up on this Feep. The payoff is soooooooooooooooooooooo worth it.

Until then, enjoy the extensive world building.

Just spent 2 hours grinding the Poms in the first chapter. Figured I might as well go ahead and get most of the 2 starting characters slots opened up. Seemed like a good way to pass time while listening to the Bombcast.

You gotta hang in there, mang. Think of it like building a good sauce. You keep adding bit by bit as you simmer to create depth and layers of flavor. Layers and flavor being things like Olivier, people bludgeoning Olivier, dastardly fluffs, monster bouillabaisse, cat dictionaries...

Definitely try to get to at least halfway through Chapter 2. The first part, as many have said, is pretty slow to get moving. This game also lends itself well to drinking. :D

You gotta hang in there, mang. Think of it like building a good sauce. You keep adding bit by bit as you simmer to create depth and layers of flavor. Layers and flavor being things like Olivier, people bludgeoning Olivier, dastardly fluffs, monster bouillabaisse, cat dictionaries...

Definitely try to get to at least halfway through Chapter 2. The first part, as many have said, is pretty slow to get moving. This game also lends itself well to drinking. :D
"Play til the play."

Keep playing, there's is a reason this game is so loved.

TitS is all about the characters and the world, it's beautiful.

krYlon

If you keep playing you will get plenty of intrigue, and the characters will turn out to be as rounded and three dimensional as you've come across in a video game.

Just have some patience, it will be worth it. Loads of people in the old PSP OT started off not liking it but by the end loving it. The world building is just on another level, the attention to detail mindblowing. The pay off, huge.

At least play until Olivier enters the game. Don't disappoint him.

Game froze twice after checking the chest again after looting in the Sapphirl tower with the army boots. High Res fonts enabled, will try without again.

edit: Nope still freezes

511BDAA6ECE4113D8BF08DB580F58252E9BACB91

Looks like except for some minor stuff the steam version is pretty much fixed at this point, with the amount of issues that cropped up I was expecting it to take longer.

wrowa

I love the chest dialogues... Always get a chuckle out of me. :p

Also, this thread already has more posts than the OT for the PSP version! Sadly, it doesn't seem like a whole lot people are actually talking about the game, though...

I love the chest dialogues... Always get a chuckle out of me. :p

Also, this thread already has more posts than the OT for the PSP version! Sadly, it doesn't seem like a whole lot people are actually talking about the game, though...
Well, hopefully people are actually playing it now that the bugs are almost all cleaned up.

I still can't get one of the first chest phrases to get registered for the achievement, which I WILL get cause I'm going to 100% this game... possibly several times.

I love the chest dialogue so much.

wrowa

I still can't get one of the first chest phrases to get registered for the achievement, which I WILL get cause I'm going to 100% this game... possibly several times.

I love the chest dialogue so much.

Have you seen Hatsuu's post? Story-related chests don't count apparently, so if it's just the chest in the sewers that won't get registered, you should be good to go.

Psxphile

Give it time.

For my part, I'm not all that far into the game and just feeling my way around the various systems. Heck, according to the save files I'm still in the Prologue. When I saw the Prologue chapter title appear after saving the kids I assumed I completed it and was moving on to Chapter 1... but no, seems I'm only just now getting to the prologue apparently.

Anyway, just going around and completing guild missions... slowly. I noticed you don't gain any mira (money) from defeating monsters. Rather, you fill your purse by completing guild missions and selling/trading in items and sepith. Didn't think they'd go that route.

Belated thanks to everyone who posted about the Milch Road monster and his little going-away present. When I ran into it I kept my distance and pelted it with Arts. :V

alstein

Just finished the prologue (haven't had a ton of time to play this for various reasons)

Even if Estelle's a little trope-tastic, she's just fun. The writing is fun also.

Give it time.

For my part, I'm not all that far into the game and just feeling my way around the various systems. Heck, according to the save files I'm still in the Prologue. When I saw the Prologue chapter title appear after saving the kids I assumed I completed it and was moving on to Chapter 1... but no, seems I'm only just now getting to the prologue apparently.

Anyway, just going around and completing guild missions... slowly. I noticed you don't gain any mira (money) from defeating monsters. Rather, you fill your purse by completing guild missions and selling/trading in items and sepith. Didn't think they'd go that route.

Belated thanks to everyone who posted about the Milch Road monster and his little going-away present. When I ran into it I kept my distance and pelted it with Arts. :V
The Prologue is by all accounts, a full chapter of it's own. And taking it slow is the best way to play this game IMO. Enjoy every second of it.

Just spent 2 hours grinding the Poms in the first chapter. Figured I might as well go ahead and get most of the 2 starting characters slots opened up. Seemed like a good way to pass time while listening to the Bombcast.

I'm still at the start of the prologue, just did the first couple of guild quests. There are poms on the Milch Road but I can't make any significant damage except with S-crafts and it still takes both characters to kill just one, so the others end up running away.
Any way to take these guys out this early in the game?

Shiina

I'm still at the start of the prologue, just did the first couple of guild quests. There are poms on the Milch Road but I can't make any significant damage except with S-crafts and it still takes both characters to kill just one, so the others end up running away.
Any way to take these guys out this early in the game?

Spending two S-attacks to kill even one of them is worth it imo. Especially if you have the patience to reload for a +sepith on the turn you kill them. You get like 50-60 of all sepith that way. I actually managed to kill two poms once by getting a little lucky with them not fleeing after I got critical S-attacks on them. Just had enough time to finish them both off.

aravuus

"Play til the play."

You could say the actual over-arching plot starts around there, so I'd personally suggest to just keep going if you get that far. I enjoyed the game till that point and really, really liked the rest. Cause I'm also one of those guys who like an interesting story more than a well-established world.

Jinko

Game looks and plays fairly well, only issue I have and I hope its something which could be address for SC is having analogue controls for the characters and digital controls for the menus.

It's really odd and not very accurate having to control the menus with the analogue stick and if you turn analogue off the character controls are pretty terrible with digital controls.

epmode

Game looks and plays fairly well, only issue I have and I hope its something which could be address for SC is having analogue controls for the characters and digital controls for the menus.

It's really odd and not very accurate having to control the menus with the analogue stick and if you turn analogue off the character controls are pretty terrible with digital controls.

JoyToKey can solve almost all of the controller issues. Leave analog controls on, bind the keyboard arrow keys to the d-pad.

In related news, I don't know why some people are so down on JoyToKey. It's easy to set up and works very well.
<3 open platforms <3

Jinko

JoyToKey can solve almost all of the controller issues. Leave analog controls on, bind the keyboard arrow keys to the d-pad.

In related news, I don't know why some people are so down on JoyToKey. It's easy to set up and works very well. <3 open platforms <3

Guna give it a try, thanks for the tip :D

You could say the actual over-arching plot starts around there, so I'd personally suggest to just keep going if you get that far. I enjoyed the game till that point and really, really liked the rest. Cause I'm also one of those guys who like an interesting story more than a well-established world.
That was the motto when the English PSP version came out for people who thought the story was too slow.

Things start to get real right about then.

Knurek

XSEED folks, maybe it's too early to ask, but on a scale from Renegade to Paragon, how blue are you at the moment with regards to game sales on Steam and GOG?

//EDIT: Looking at concurrent players on Steam, one could venture a guesstimate of ~15,000 sales on Steam, and about 30% of that, so ~5000 on GOG.

It's fallen out of the Steam top 10, time to cancel SC.

Still there in Europe. :)

Top Bottom