• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Same issue here, also a problem with FC.

Well, let's get in some more information as that may help narrow down the problem: When clicking Manage 3D Settings for nVidia Control Panel if you click on Add it won't show either the game or the config as a recently used program. You can manually add both programs and tell them to use the nVidia GPU, but far as I can tell this is ignored. the nVidia GPU Activity indicator says that it isn't in use, whereas this will work with other games even when toggled out.

Hope that helps in either narrowing down the problem or at least cementing it as unsolvable!

I think some will still have issues. But if you're not going for the cheapest of the cheap it'll be OK problem. For reference's sake that Intel HD 5500 runs the game at a near constant 60 fps at 1080p, and that's the common integrated solution in anything over, say, $400 or $500. So use that as a bare minimum of what to go for if getting a new computer.

Yeah, that didn't work for me either. :( Oh well. I think it'll run just fine... hopefully. But it would be nice to fix if anyone knows how.

Erheller

Posted it on XSEED's forums, but I made some edits to that Neoseeker guide by Xcomp that was posted here before. Specifically, I removed all the intro sections so it only includes the "walkthrough" part, and within that all of the synopsis parts so it doesn't include the story summaries. It should be basically spoiler free now and just function as an ordered checklist of things to do at each point in the game.

So, disclaimers: It's not my work, I just cut out portions of the original guide, so I don't take any credit for the guide itself.

I don't guarantee it is 100% spoiler free. I haven't read the entire thing, I've just loosely used it for the prologue and early chapter 1. It seems like without those synopses it should be as spoiler free as a guide could reasonably be though.

I don't guarantee it covers a 100% playthrough. Again, I didn't read the whole guide, I've never played the game before this, so I don't know that it hits every single missable.

Finally, because this is a guide intended for importers, it doesn't use the same terminology and translations that XSEED's release does. Generally, it doesn't seem to be difficult to realize what's being referred to though.

With that out of the way, here's a link to view/download it. Here is the original guide.

Edit: Noticed I saved it wrong so all the Japanese characters were lost. Shouldn't matter, but I might fix it later.

Wow, this is great! Thanks for this.

Vamphuntr

That was an interesting read. She seems very good at programming. It's crazy the amount of work she did by herself, even adding PSP and PS3 features to the PC version. I admire the fact they are still patching FC to keep the localization up to par with the latter entries and still patching bugs.

What are the 2 new characters in the PS3/PSP version they added?

Aeana

That was an interesting read. She seems very good at programming. It's crazy the amount of work she did by herself, even adding PSP and PS3 features to the PC version. I admire the fact they are still patching FC to keep the localization up to par with the latter entries and still patching bugs.

What are the 2 new characters in the PS3/PSP version they added?

I assume she's talking about being able to take Muller and Yulia into the last dungeon, which you couldn't do in the original release.

Sara

I assume she's talking about being able to take Muller and Yulia into the last dungeon, which you couldn't do in the original release.

Yeah, it's Mueller and Julia. Julia was playable in the original PC version but only for all of two battles -- even she didn't have complete, usable code and the original game would misbehave pretty wildly if you hacked her in outside of battles. She didn't even have a real orbment setup; her Arts were basically "baked-in". Mueller was not playable at all.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the blog!

Tenebrous

Does every man woman & child in Liberl know who Cassius is? I thought it was bad in FC, but even now, as soon as Estelle mentions her surname, people are "Bright? Are you..."

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Argh left my laptop charger at work. Can I install the game from GOG.com on two computers, then copy and paste the save file to get it from one computer to the other?

Does every man woman & child in Liberl know who Cassius is? I thought it was bad in FC, but even now, as soon as Estelle mentions her surname, people are "Bright? Are you..."

Why is it surprising that people know the name of a national hero? Especially in a society with newspapers and seemingly pretty widespread literacy.

Sara

Argh left my laptop charger at work. Can I install the game from GOG.com on two computers, then copy and paste the save file to get it from one computer to the other?

Sure. The "Save Folder" button in the Configuration Tool will help you find the saves easier too.

expel

Oh I didn't know
those 2 chars are playable in the hd version lol, does that make the battle before the last easier? I hate his clones :p

Still can't believe I'm actually playing the game. Huge thank you to everyone at XSEED and especially Sara for localizing and releasing the game.

Sad, but totally understandable that the opened chests couldnt have unique dialogue for the PSP version. Have only played a few hours, but i can tell how much work you guys put into this!

Also, wow i forgot how good the music is in this game. Some amazing tracks just from the first couple of songs I've heard.

Slathe

Could you give this one a try? I'm still working through my own 100% replay currently or I'd have just used my own.

If this one doesn't work either I hope somebody can send me a 100% save to add to the OP.

I used the k file and it worked (the max bp test is whether I got a Fortune quartz from Kurt, right?). I tried it because I was getting a hotlinking warning off the L file in the OP.

It's not a clear file, but it basically is a save from right before the very final story sequence (Estelle and Joshua in the square) of FC PSP. It was a good place to load up since it's been forever since I played FC. I saved a clear file after completing that bit and got the Fortune quartz from Kurt in the prologue of SC when I loaded from it.

When I get home I can upload the clear file I made based on that save, if people don't have another way of getting it.

That would be great, thank you!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
man, playing on hard the difficulty of the bosses in the prologue is insane. My attacks do like 2% of their health and if the boss gets 2 turns in a row that is often a full health -> dead character without me being able to take any actions in between. Why am I only allowed to buy healing items that heal for 800 when the bosses hit for 1200 =\

Tenebrous

Is the Doom Baker achievement not popping for anyone else? I know for sure I've done that by now (unless it actually means win 10 encounters with food landing the KO).

Edit: (Spoiler? Don't spoil anything/hint anything for me, and don't click if you don't wanna know, haha).
Renne has those Joshua eyes. That same semi-stoned look that Joshua had when the society was revealed to him at the end of FC... Perhaps she's somewhat similar? A child killer... We'll see. Definitely more to her (and her parents), though!

Edit: No doubt remains in my mind.

Chapter 3.
Oh those high tech engines just going around without any sort of protection on the back of a truck aren't going to get stolen. Oh no, no no no... That wouldn't happen. Calling it now >.>

I'm stuck in a side quest it's early Chapter 2
Election Office Assault.

Details so far are
That no one has heard a sound except for the old man downstairs. The Kuper says that it is Herio, and the four options I have to ask about are: Kuper, Sound, Angry and Herio
I'm pretty sure I have asked every possible person about every single thing multiple times.
Schera and Olivier have moved to the lobby. Olivier says that the front might have more information, but I have no idea what he is talking about.

What am I doing wrong?

epmode

Am I crazy or does the inn in
Ruan
want sepith instead of mira? A decent amount of it, too! Was the first game like that? I'm legit low on both

rickyson1

I'm stuck in a side quest it's early Chapter 2
Election Office Assault.

Details so far are
That no one has heard a sound except for the old man downstairs. The Kuper says that it is Herio, and the four options I have to ask about are: Kuper, Sound, Angry and Herio
I'm pretty sure I have asked every possible person about every single thing multiple times.
Schera and Olivier have moved to the lobby. Olivier says that the front might have more information, but I have no idea what he is talking about.

What am I doing wrong?

go through the guy at the front desk's options again

Psxphile

Am I crazy or does the inn in
Ruan
want sepith instead of mira? A decent amount of it, too! Was the first game like that? I'm legit low on both

100 mira. I think you might be crazy. Or wait, does the sepith conversion chart appear when you're choosing to stay the night? That would be confusing I bet.

ohlawd

welp, still playing the prologue

am I supposed to have better armor than reinforced leather and boots? the boss in the fort kinda hits hard

Psxphile

That's exactly what happened. I am dumb.

Thought so. It's convenient though, since it occasionally changes to give you an idea on what sepith is worth the most when selling at any given time, and most shopkeeps (and the Inn too, I think!) allow you to convert sepith to mira in case you come up short.

So I downloaded the game and did the config launcher. It only lets me choose my on-board video card (Intel 5500 HD on my laptop) vs my main card (GTX 950M). I think the Intel will play it fine, but it's a bit annoying if I have issues. Can you think of any way to fix this?
I asked about this before launch and they said it would be the same as FC, which also didn't let you choose your GPU. It's very annoying.

thematic

Sure. The "Save Folder" button in the Configuration Tool will help you find the saves easier too.

sorry I didn't quote your "blog" post because there's spoiler tag

I've read your blog and you mentioned adding Xinput with icons. could you please add Playstation icon as well? or if you can't legally, please make the button icon easily modded :)

also are you really program the whole game (FC & SC) by yourself? that's super awesome

Bladenic

I'm having a tough time making the partner choice.
I loved Schera in FC and didn't care for Agate much at all, but that's what's making me consider him so maybe I'll like him more. Plus I feel as though he may be more useful as a brute force attacker with Estelle as mixed + support as opposed to Schera being average at everything.
ugh so hard

Tenebrous

I loved Schera in FC and didn't care for Agate much at all, but that's what's making me consider him so maybe I'll like him more. Plus I feel as though he may be more useful as a brute force attacker with Estelle as mixed + support as opposed to Schera being average at everything.
ugh so hard

That's why I went with
Agate
, and honestly, he's a lot more interesting than in FC.
He's
(personality spoiler?)
a lot kinder to Estelle now she's also a senior bracer, so it's no longer just "pfft, kids" insults.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Finally beat the prologue boss on hard... that only took like... 2 hours.

I really don't think there's a 'good' way to win that. If the boss decides to keep healing dishing out 1-2k damage per turn is simply unreasonable without getting destroyed. The only particularly useful tactic I noticed is if you space your characters kinda far apart (but not too far apart) then the boss will waste some turns going back and forth. And you have to just kind of get lucky on the AI being dumb and every once in a while you actually get to attack.

Even on my winning fight the boss healed himself about 6 times which meant he had 15000hp. It was like 20-30 minutes of heal, heal heal, poke for 400 damage, heal, heal, heal, heal, poke for 300 damage.

Has anyone taken him down on nightmare? I don't want to even think about that.

zakujanai

ugh so hard

I loved then both but I picked up a few clues about
Agate's past
in my last play of FC and it made me want to get to know more about them, though I think I'll need to go to
Ravennue
with them to really explore their past.

I'm only at the start of chapter 1 thanks to a week of ten hour night shifts, I'm not moving off my couch all weekend now that I can finally play this!

Edit:
That's why I went with
Agate
, and honestly, he's a lot more interesting than in FC. He's (personality spoiler?)
a lot kinder to Estelle now she's also a senior bracer, so it's no longer just "pfft, kids" insults.

Not cool, spoiler tags bro.

Right stick camera control is back, and I feel completely fulfilled! It's such a weirdly small thing and yet it's so awesome. Thanks Sara!

Finally beat the prologue boss on hard... that only took like... 2 hours.

I really don't think there's a 'good' way to win that. If the boss decides to keep healing dishing out 1-2k damage per turn is simply unreasonable without getting destroyed. The only particularly useful tactic I noticed is if you space your characters kinda far apart (but not too far apart) then the boss will waste some turns going back and forth. And you have to just kind of get lucky on the AI being dumb and every once in a while you actually get to attack.

Even on my winning fight the boss healed himself about 6 times which meant he had 15000hp. It was like 20-30 minutes of heal, heal heal, poke for 400 damage, heal, heal, heal, heal, poke for 300 damage.

Has anyone taken him down on nightmare? I don't want to even think about that.

The boss already does this on normal, and it's still a pain in the ass. I'd imagine the harder the difficulty the more you have to grind to be able to match up to the bosses in stats. It's even worse if he decides to buff himself since he gets atk/spd in one turn I think.

Two more questions

1) during the prologue can you win the fight against the
jeager who attacks in the night

2) going off the above, does winning/losing impact bp?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Question:

I played and beat the game five years ago, FC that is, should I start on Hard or Normal? I'm using a fresh save file, no carry over. I remember the end of the game being pretty tough, but don't remember too much.

What are you guys doing, normal or hard?

Question:

I played and beat the game five years ago, FC that is, should I start on Hard or Normal? I'm using a fresh save file, no carry over. I remember the end of the game being pretty tough, but don't remember too much.

What are you guys doing, normal or hard?

I'm doing hard and honestly it feels kinda brutal, for the whole prologue it feels like your characters are really frail and die quickly if you're not constantly healing.

Top Bottom