• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Just read Sara's blog post. Reading all these horror stories genuinely makes me worry about her health.
SC seems to have released in a good state (I've played 7 hours across 3 different PCs without a single issue or crash) so I hope she's taking it easy now, since there don't seem to be any game breaking issues needing to be patched.

Just so I'm clear, how many sets of books are there in the game? I'm assuming it's just the Liberl News and Gabmling Master. Any other ones to worry about? I saw someone mentioning Doll Knight.

Varion

Just so I'm clear, how many sets of books are there in the game? I'm assuming it's just the Liberl News and Gabmling Master. Any other ones to worry about? I saw someone mentioning Doll Knight.
It's just Liberl News and Gambler Jack. The Doll Knight books are just something you can read in one of the embassies in Grancel.

Really tempted to redo my current SC run because I missed some bracer points
due to dialogue options -_-
and chests. Oh well, I'll do that in the 2nd run instead.

Chapter 1 got so much interesting when
a certain musician arrived

Had to take screenshots for each thing he said lol

Finished with Chapter One.

The interactions between Olivier and Bleublanc were hilarious at the end. I also like how they revealed some additional details about events from the first game there. Happy that Oliver and Kloe will be sticking around for the time being.

Got the liberl news 1 when I first started the game but forgot to buy it when I started again on normal.
Currently in chapter 1, went to
the orphanage
and did some sidequests on the way.

aravuus

Fuck you
Renne
, I don't have time for your hide and seek bullshit. Thank god for the neoseeker guide.

Thank god for guides in general. This kind of pixel hunting is never fun in JRPGs.

It does. You just need to replace the regular voice files. There's an archive floating around with the JP voices that makes it as easy as just dragging a dropping into SC's folder. As soon you do that the switching option will be available.

OK

Thank for the info. Played FC with the jap voice and it would distrubing to switch to english after so many hours listening to the jap dub.

Will look for it.

Fuck you
Renne
, I don't have time for your hide and seek bullshit. Thank god for the neoseeker guide.

Thank god for guides in general. This kind of pixel hunting is never fun in JRPGs.

Renne may drive you up the wall, depending. :V Fair warning!

duckroll

I'm posting this here because it's an active thread, but I'm playing FC and I'm running into a really annoying bug. Is it a known issue and is there a way to fix it? Very often, I find that the descriptive text display at the bottom bar of the inventory menu simply isn't showing any text. So when I'm picking stuff from the inventory, or select equipment, there's vital information about what the items actually do which isn't being displayed. It's really annoying! Help!

Psxphile

I'm posting this here because it's an active thread, but I'm playing FC and I'm running into a really annoying bug. Is it a known issue and is there a way to fix it? Very often, I find that the descriptive text display at the bottom bar of the inventory menu simply isn't showing any text. So when I'm picking stuff from the inventory, or select equipment, there's vital information about what the items actually do which isn't being displayed. It's really annoying! Help!

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/132240605240/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-second

Another bug that’s been noticed at times is disappearing menu descriptions, also occurring in FC. If this happens, just close your menu and re-open it; they were just a bit shy, so they went into hiding. I’m still working on this, and definitely expecting a fix before long. Lastly, there -are- still some widescreen issues in cutscenes, as mentioned before. Just ignore them and maybe they’ll go away. Nah, but seriously, there will be a lot of little patches to address these, as well as fixing the stragglers in SC.
Is it this?

I wanna play SC, but I also feel like SC needs to dive way deeper into the mysterious ancient civilization thing, otherwise I don't really give a shit.

aravuus

I know, I know, memes are meh

Swu7bJh.png

But this made me laugh regardless.
Looks like Renne is probably a bad guy, which actually means I MIGHT end up liking her. So far I've found the bad guys more fun than the main party.

e: lol no need for the "probably" there

I wanna play SC, but I also feel like SC needs to dive way deeper into the mysterious ancient civilization thing, otherwise I don't really give a shit.

I'd love this too, but I don't expect them to. Keeping my expectations low.

Eusis

I'm, like 99% sure it does, heck, (light spoiler but just as well)
the PS3 cover and Steam banner showcase something that looks like it'd have come from said civilization.

And really, it's just bad story telling if you set up as a big cliffhanger directly tying into said ancient civilization only to just act like it didn't exist.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I get the impression that is a core component of the series going forward, not just something touched on in SC.

Finalow

got 14 bonus BPs from the prologue mission, did I miss anything?

oh,
Kurt
sure was a fucking sponge. that last battle in the prologue had me falling asleep
can't imagine how you can win that fight on nightmare if he's spamming shadow spear. that alone dealt 1000+ damage on normal, plus the spell has 20% chance to kill instantly. RIP

I'm, like 99% sure it does, heck, (light spoiler but just as well)
the PS3 cover and Steam banner showcase something that looks like it'd have come from said civilization.

And really, it's just bad story telling if you set up as a big cliffhanger directly tying into said ancient civilization only to just act like it didn't exist.

I'm hoping it's like the typical anime formula where the first 12 episodes are all slice of life with some foreshadowing, but then the last half of the series is dark as hell and very tightly plotted. If I'm running errands for more bumpkins for another 20 hours...

Finalow

You're supposed to have 16 according to this:
yeah I meant 16 total, 14 bonus. it's all good then :p

useful link

Sounds like it. But the fix suggested doesn't really work that well. I've closed and reopened the menu dozens of times and it still has the bug. Sometimes when it's working, it just works great. When it's gone, it's gone for ages. :/
what happened to me was that when I moved my cursor to the last slot and saved/loaded the game, descriptions were gone. how I ''fixed'' it - putting the cursor back to the orbment, items or whatever other slot and then closing the menu. next time I opened it descriptions were there.
considering how often I used to save it was really fucking annoying. not that I needed to read the descriptions all the time but seeing them disappear like that was bothering me

I get the impression that is a core component of the series going forward, not just something touched on in SC.
yes, it seems the ''core lore'' of the series. if that's the case it's not obviously going to be explained or discussed a lot only in one chapter.
quite similar to Ys lore (edit/ similar in how it gets mentioned, treated etc. during the games - at least that's the impression I got), I'd say.

Someone on the localizaiton team was really hyped for MGS V, huh

... that's a meme?

I mean, I wrote that version of the line (and it's very close to the Japanese, tbh), I essentially wrote it years ago, and I will be honest, I have no idea what meme it would be referencing.

If anything, if it shows up in MGS5, that writer and I were probably referencing the same broad concept.

But hey, if people want it to be an MGS5 reference... that's cool too!
emot-v.gif

desmax

... that's a meme?

I mean, I wrote that version of the line (and it's very close to the Japanese, tbh), I essentially wrote it years ago, and I will be honest, I have no idea what meme it would be referencing.

If anything, if it shows up in MGS5, that writer and I were probably referencing the same broad concept.

emot-v.gif

Nah, MGS V is called MGS V: The Phantom Pain

I just though it was funny to see

Someone on the localizaiton team was really hyped for MGS V, huh

... that's a meme?

emot-v.gif
Haha, that's an amazing coincidence!

You could say MGSV had it's trails in the sky...

One thing I really love about the Trails series is how they use several different character portraits when they talk. It adds a lot of personality to the characters and makes me grin a lot while reading dialogue. I know other games have done that too but just saying.

aravuus

One thing I really love about the Trails series is how they use several different character portraits when they talk. It adds a lot of personality to the characters and makes me grin a lot while reading dialogue. I know other games have done that too but just saying.

Yeah. I don't really like Estelle that much, but she has great reaction faces.

Top Bottom