• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Tenebrous

Not just that but I think the achievement icon is wrong as well. Could be wrong on that front but we'll see.

Also I'm still getting frame judder when walking around; especially bad in Grancel. Should I enable Vertex Shading to get rid of it?

I couldn't fix this. I think it's a problem with vsync not working at all on my 60hz display... Hell, even limiting the game to 30fps through the launcher still resulted in me getting 125fps ingame. Every time the framerate dropped to 110 or less, the game would stutter. I tried forcing a lower cap through nVidia CP, but that didn't work, either.

In chapter 2
he was on top of the fort he nearly fell off or something when the earthquake happened

No bugs there. You're alright.

I couldn't fix this. I think it's a problem with vsync not working at all on my 60hz display... Hell, even limiting the game to 30fps through the launcher still resulted in me getting 125fps ingame. Every time the framerate dropped to 110 or less, the game would stutter. I tried forcing a lower cap through nVidia CP, but that didn't work, either.

No bugs there. You're alright.

The achievement says follow him across Liberl which I assume his failures are meant to be a running gag though the whole game, not just though chapter 2 :X

epmode

The 125 FPS thing happens in FC as well. It's pretty strange. I'm not sure if that vertex option or G-Sync is smoothing out my framerate now but I'm glad it stopped.

Tenebrous

The 125 FPS thing happens in FC as well. It's pretty strange. I'm not sure if that vertex option or G-Sync is smoothing out my framerate now but I'm glad it stopped.

Don't remember any stutters in FC, though.

how? all anyone says about her is that she's very smart and super adorable

Same. In neither game did I see Tita being suggested as a partner to anyone else in the group as others here have mentioned.

Famassu

So where do you have to take the photograph on top of the tower (in Chapter 1). It has to be "simple", so straight ahead from the direction of the stairway (?), but from how far?

Tenebrous

So where do you have to take the photograph on top of the tower (in Chapter 1). It has to be "simple", so straight ahead from the direction of the stairway (?), but from how far?

Are you going after maximum BP? If so (spoiler)
you need to have Dorothy with you.
If not, anything between the stairway and the halway point towards the item will do.

Famassu

Are you going after maximum BP? If so (spoiler)
you need to have Dorothy with you.
If not, anything between the stairway and the halway point towards the item will do.
I'd like to try for 100%.
All I need to know.. is Dorothy missable? Or will she join us at some point as a part of the story and at that point we'll have to go to the tower?

Ultimadrago

The game's BGM is giving me distorted audio (as in songs will play normally for a bit, distort for a second and then continue on). Anyone heard of this issue?

C'mon SC

Edit: Okay, the problem seems to have subsided for now. Not sure if the Optimus NVIDIA GPU issue is fixed, but hopefully.

eastx

Are you suggesting that the age of consent in Japan is 12? Or that if sexualizing children was a part of Japanese culture,that it would somehow make it okay?

The age of consent there is 13. I don't know where you're from, but we're not the culture police. That can be a complex topic though - I wasn't too fond of the writing of the gay character in Falcom's Gurumin.

Nobody has provided one example of inappropriate dialog and the others aren't seeing it, so it could be something that exists only to the one(s) complaining about it.

The achievement says follow him across Liberl which I assume his failures are meant to be a running gag though the whole game, not just though chapter 2 :X

Yeah, it's gone a bit wonky. We're looking into that one.

And speaking of achievements...

Since this one seems to be mystifying a lot of people:

Breakfast Safari Achievement Hint
(Spoiler Tagged just in case some want to figure it out on their own)

CTGEKEPUcAAEHVd.jpg:large

Oh hey jess!

Speaking of achievements, what causes the counter for Master Chef and Penguin de Samba to increase?

Using recipes learning or making dishes from recipes hasn't helped :/

And as for the other one...
I did the chapter 2 quest and it didn't increase the counter

Vylash

Oh hey jess!

Speaking of achievements, what causes the counter for Master Chef and Penguin de Samba to increase?

yeah i was curious about the penguin quest myself

Oh hey jess!

yeah i was curious about the penguin quest myself

Hola~

For the Master Chef one,
it should be to cook one of each recipe, not just collect.

And for the Penguin de Samba,
you'll need to defeat one of all types of penguin monsters. There are multiple colors, so I'd say target them all.

I'll check in with the crew to see if those are the exact requirements, but those are basically the guidelines I set up when I originally wrote the list.

Question about saves. I missed the steam sale on FC, but it's on GOG for $10. When it's time to play this game can I use the GOG FC save for the bonus if I buy the Steam version of this game?

The age of consent there is 13. I don't know where you're from, but we're not the culture police. That can be a complex topic though - I wasn't too fond of the writing of the gay character in Falcom's Gurumin.

Nobody has provided one example of inappropriate dialog and the others aren't seeing it, so it could be something that exists only to the one(s) complaining about it.
I didn't screenshot the original Olivier conversation (if I recall correctly, it's incidental, non-storyline dialogue when
you're still in Ruan and someone mentions Professor Russell and Tita
), but it's basically him talking about how pretty she is and Estelle telling him, "Don't get any ideas." Tita is a girl of 12, less than half Olivier's age, but Estelle still feels the need to remind Olivier she's off-limits, and the script treats this as comedic. At very best, it's tacky.

Also, when you
go to the school, he says it's "Full of budding flowers trembling with potential, dewed with the passionate moisture of sweat and youthful tears..."
Again, he's talking about minors (and in Japan, you're a minor until you're 20). I fully appreciate Olivier makes jokes to shock people for reasons, but it's unfunny to me when it's directed at teens and children, and it makes me like the character much, much less.

Also, the age of consent is not 13 because every prefecture sets its own age limit, and most of them forbid sexual activity with anyone under 17 or 18 without parental consent.

Hola~

For the Master Chef one,
it should be to cook one of each recipe, not just collect.

And for the Penguin de Samba,
you'll need to defeat one of all types of penguin monsters. There are multiple colors, so I'd say target them all.

I'll check in with the crew to see if those are the exact requirements, but those are basically the guidelines I set up when I originally wrote the list.
That's exactly what I did for both of them.

No achievement or increase in the achievement stat counter :(

Thanks for the answer!

Question about saves. I missed the steam sale on FC, but it's on GOG for $10. When it's time to play this game can I use the GOG FC save for the bonus if I buy the Steam version of this game?
You should be able to.

The only difference being that you will have to make different folders for the game to read it from GOG, I think.

Some things are really just beyond cultural relativism. Japan catching up with the rest of the world in terms of things like attitudes towards homosexuality or women aren't really equivalent to this. Nor is it true that it's "okay," but this kind of bs found its way into ffvi and seems prevalent through Japanese games these days.

I consider what i posted in spoiler tags to be inappropriate.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Olivier's dialogue doesn't really bother me, and I'm somebody who is usually bothered by underaged nonsense in Japanese games these days. He just doesn't do anything to give any indication he should be taken seriously in those sort of situations (or really, in most situations).
It feels more like that "side" of him played up as a cover anyway. He has his moments where he shows a more serious side, like when Estelle finds him in the hold on the airship.

I also don't feel like the game is implying anything with
Agate and Tita. It feels a lot more like Tita is filling the gap that Mischa left, not that there is any sort of romantic stuff going on.

Chapter 4 did somethings that kinda left it even
on the one hand, the Evil Twin thing kinda lost steam, but the dream was insightfully rough.

"Dad, I thought you were busy with army stuff."

"You're up early!"

*door opens*

Me: "Oh shit, there's Joshua; I see how this is."

*sees her mom, sees Estelle turn 6yo*

"Well shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeet".

Olivier's dialogue doesn't really bother me, and I'm somebody who is usually bothered by underaged nonsense in Japanese games these days. He just doesn't do anything to give any indication he should be taken seriously in those sort of situations (or really, in most situations).
It feels more like that "side" of him played up as a cover anyway. He has his moments where he shows a more serious side, like when Estelle finds him in the hold on the airship.

Agate and Tita. It feels a lot more like Tita is filling the gap that Mischa left, not that there is any sort of romantic stuff going on.

Or more that Tita's the one with ideas. Agate's married to his job.

CrazyDude

CH4 glitch maybe?
I am in the dream sequence and the mother told me the key to the room is on a drawer near the bed, but I have walked around the room and there is no prompt at all. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Found it, it was downstairs. That was badly worded/shown because you think the mothers bed is the one we saw her sleeping in which was the upstairs. You think the fathers bed is the downstairs one.

Pretty sure the game says that's Estelle's room. If not, FC did.

The age of consent there is 13. I don't know where you're from, but we're not the culture police.

As far as NeoGAF is concerned, I am one of the culture police, and I'm just going to warn you and everyone else very, very clearly that we are not going to cut any slack on advocating child sexualization, making cultural-relativism arguments in support of it, claiming that societal differences make an adult hitting on a 13-year-old not-creepy, etc. Nobody in here is going to get a second warning on this.

zakujanai

Yeah, it's gone a bit wonky. We're looking into that one.

And speaking of achievements...

Since this one seems to be mystifying a lot of people:

Breakfast Safari Achievement Hint
(Spoiler Tagged just in case some want to figure it out on their own)

Spoiler tags don't work on images if you're on mobile. I don't mind this one since I needed the hint but some might?

I'm annoyed that I've been missing this, especially since just the other day I loaded up FC to have a run around Rolent for absolutely no reason. I'm not entirely sure why but I decided to try talking to
the birds that fly away. Almost died when one spoke back and had a name.
Unfortunately I forgot all about it in my delirium at getting ny hands on SC.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Finished the game, clocked in at 65 hours. Glad I was finally able to see the story through to the end, been waiting for years to do so!

Spoiler tags don't work on images of you're on mobile.

Ugh, seriously? Why even give the ability to spoiler-tag images at all then?

*sigh* Guess I'd better edit one of my earlier posts... Thankfully, my image wasn't THAT bad of a spoiler...

eastx

As far as NeoGAF is concerned, I am one of the culture police, and I'm just going to warn you and everyone else very, very clearly that we are not going to cut any slack on advocating child sexualization, making cultural-relativism arguments in support of it, claiming that societal differences make an adult hitting on a 13-year-old not-creepy, etc. Nobody in here is going to get a second warning on this.

That's a good policy. I didn't say I was cool with sexualizing the character. It just seemed like someone was seeing something that not everyone else sees there, or interpreting it a different way. Then they provided actual examples, so at least we who hadn't seen that element can see where they're coming from.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Some side quest help in rolent.

Doing mine commission side quest, any one know what those block hints mean?

Extremely vague:
A group of objects oriented in that manner.

Bit more specific:
The objects are crates.

Straight giveaway:
The crates are on the side of the mayor's house.

Re: the latter - the third game explicitly suggests such a relationship.

That's exactly what I did for both of them.

No achievement or increase in the achievement stat counter :(

Thanks for the answer!

You should be able to.

The only difference being that you will have to make different folders for the game to read it from GOG, I think.

Hmm. :/ I'll pass those on as potential bugs to Sara and see what she can do. Sorry about that.

For the Olivier thing, yeah. He's not meant to be taken seriously, or at least, that was never my impression of any of his banter. It's practically a running gag that he says absurd flowery stuff all the time, usually to get a rise out of people, not because he's serious. The guy would wax romantic about a soap dish if he thought it might cause Mueller grief.

And the whole
Tita/Agate
thing is also exactly as you say (IMO).
If it moves to something else later, I couldn't say, but it seems pretty brotherly/sisterly to me.

Spoiler tags don't work on images if you're on mobile. I don't mind this one since I needed the hint but some might?

I'm annoyed that I've been missing this, especially since just the other day I loaded up FC to have a run around Rolent for absolutely no reason. I'm not entirely sure why but I decided to try talking to
the birds that fly away. Almost died when one spoke back and had a name.
Unfortunately I forgot all about it in my delirium at getting ny hands on SC.

Well, it's hardly a spoiler per se. Some people are just super do-it-themselves that I didn't want to take away any potential fun. However, it's also one of those things that no one has any great chance of just guessing since it's something we added in especially for the PC version, and the bloody
things fly away
whenever people get near. :)

I don't think it's a big deal, personally, but I'm happy to remove it if people are really worried about.

zakujanai

Well, it's hardly a spoiler per se. Some people are just super do-it-themselves that I didn't want to take away any potential fun. However, it's also one of those things that no one has any great chance of just guessing since it's something we added in especially for the PC version, and the bloody
things fly away
whenever people get near. :)

I don't think it's a big deal, personally, but I'm happy to remove it if people are really worried about.

No I didn't find it particularly spoilery, just thought I'd warn you about tags not working on mobile in case anyone kicked off about.

I think I tried talking to them because of
the chickens. Won't leave those little buggers alone until one gives me an egg. Somewhat disturbing since they all appear to be male.

I just remembered that the
bird
in FC was called
Bagel
. I'm so stupid for forgetting that, especially as it made me chuckle.

Ratrat

Just to be clear, that means shit when every prefecture has ordinacnes that forbid sex with anyone under 18. Also, please do not imply that its socially acceptable for 13 year olds to be in a relationship with an adult in Japan. Its not.
Thankfully none of that even happens.

Eusis

Patch just hit? I'll have to check it out when I can. Wonder if it'll make the game visible to my nVidia GPU now?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Avast picked up Config2.exe from SC as a threat.

Not sure what exactly Erheller's post is referring to but hopefully it means the stuttering is fixed.

eastx

Just to be clear, that means shit when every prefecture has ordinacnes that forbid sex with anyone under 18. Also, please do not imply that its socially acceptable for 13 year olds to be in a relationship with an adult in Japan. Its not.

Thankfully none of that even happens.

My point was that artistically it's more acceptable over there to sexualize younger characters than here. But I'd rather drop the subject if possible.

Top Bottom