• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

I want to add in to Guan's comments here, because I've been working on Endless History for over six years now, and I can promise it is INFINITELY easier to translate news, interviews, etc etc than it is to translate prose and any of the text out of the Kiseki series.
Just going to remind you (about a Twitter convo), there's footage of the secret Falcom HQ from Windows LoHIII: White Witch on YouTube. I think it'll be useful at least until you get a better recording, not that I'm expecting a Translation Tuesday for it soon.

So It's kind of a weird request but does anyone know where I could find a save file at the beginning of chapter 4 either on easy or on normal with properly leveled up characters?
I really hate grinding so I kind of "rush" my way through the chapters but it looks like a while lot of my characters are under leveled and I really don't what to grind.

So It's kind of a weird request but does anyone know where I could find a save file at the beginning of chapter 4 either on easy or on normal with properly leveled up characters?
I really hate grinding so I kind of "rush" my way through the chapters but it looks like a while lot of my characters are under leveled and I really don't what to grind.

Go to Esmelda Tower and find Poms. Keep running away until you find a group of enemy mobs with Shining Poms on it. Defeat the Shining Poms using S-Craft and you'll get a ton of EXP.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
End of chapter 6:

JOSHUAAA! And there was no contrived excuse for him to go off on his own again. One thing about Trails is that things frequently seem to work out for the better. Seems like every catastrophe ends with a smile and a handshake.

I wish Kurt and his team were playable. They're so much cooler than Estelle and co.

Speaking of Kurt for those who've played Third chapter
Is there any plot reason why Kurt isn't playable in third? Seems weird that Falcom programmed him playable for one small optional mission and didn't bring him back

I honestly kinda enjoyed the OVA, but do remember to finish SC before you give it a watch. It takes bits of the story from SC and alters it in order to make it work in mere two episodes. Basically, it's just pure fanservice ("omg it's a kiseki anime and omgomgomg that scene" etc). Incredibly well-animated fanservice, for that matter. Like, I seriously hope you enjoy sakuga because you're gonna be flooded with it.

The first half is probably better thanks to being more focused and smaller in scope, whereas the second really tries to condense the plot as if to act as a commercial for the game ("buy the game to learn more!"). A bit of a shame, but hey, it was fun in the sense of a "what if" scenario. I also really dig the character designs, so that's a plus.

Yeah, this happened to me to. XSeed should know it by now, I think (I sent an email).

Yeah the designs and action scenes were probably the only plus but the butchering of the story and not even doing the BEST parts of the story was pretty lame

Oh well. Probably would have been better suited to a 23 episode TV series or something

omgfloofy

Banned
Out of curiosity, which door is it ? Do you remember the type and number ? No spoilers, just something for me to look forward to.
I am currently playing The 3rd and Gu4n already helped me a lot with one of the doors =)

Star Door #2.

Just going to remind you (about a Twitter convo), there's footage of the secret Falcom HQ from Windows LoHIII: White Witch on YouTube. I think it'll be useful at least until you get a better recording, not that I'm expecting a Translation Tuesday for it soon.

I've had the footage thrown to me on both of my twitter accounts, too. xD; I've got it put aside on the EsteriorNet youtube account's 'watch later' list, to refer to it in the future.

Speaking of Kurt for those who've played Third chapter
Is there any plot reason why Kurt isn't playable in third? Seems weird that Falcom programmed him playable for one small optional mission and didn't bring him back

The characters that are involved in 3rd have a particular plot reason for it. That, and Kurt has another role in the game anyway.

End of chapter 6:

JOSHUAAA! And there was no contrived excuse for him to go off on his own again. One thing about Trails is that things frequently seem to work out for the better. Seems like every catastrophe ends with a smile and a handshake.

I wish Kurt and his team were playable. They're so much cooler than Estelle and co.

Oh ho ho ho ho ho!

Hah!

Told ya. Good stuff, huh?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Told ya. Good stuff, huh?
Indeed. Chapter 6 was one of my favorites in either game so far.

Kurt needs to show up as a major party member in a future game. He's too cool to be a guest character :x

Plus, his team's battle theme is the among the best in the entire series

omgfloofy

Banned
Indeed. Chapter 6 was one of my favorites in either game so far.

Kurt needs to show up as a major party member in a future game. He's too cool to be a guest character :x

Plus, his team's battle theme is the among the best in the entire series

Cold Steel brings a major influential person of the Kiseki series to the forefront, which I think may at least lead to something like you're wanting.

A few more details behind spoilers- these are very minor Kiseki-series spoilers:
Yun Kafei is Rean's instructor. Yun Kafei is also Anelace's grandfather, and the swordmaster whose style is critical to many of the great swordsmen in the series, like Cassius and Richard. I wouldn't be surprised if we get to have Anelace in the spotlight again in the future because of this- and Anelace may have Kurt and the others along with her.

SolVanderlyn

currently on Chapter 8

Holy balls this is the endgame beast

Loving it and should be able to wrap this game up in time for Cold Steel!
Be sure to climb every tower again, there's a monster on the top of each one that has an amazing accessory. The game doesn't tell you about or hint at this at all.

Be careful, though.
Dem space snails ain't playin

Also, midway through Chapter 8 of the second game, I finally figured out how to cook... lol

Be sure to climb every tower again, there's a monster on the top of each one that has an amazing accessory. The game doesn't tell you about or hint at this at all.

Be careful, though.

Also, midway through Chapter 8 of the second game, I finally figured out how to cook... lol

Yeah i got two of them down

Its a bummer I can only equip 2 accessories at this point! And just one now that I have this plot element holding me down lol

zakujanai

Be careful, though.

What's so great about the accessories? I only ever equipped one as the minor stat boosts didn't really seen worth having.

Okay
regarding the Hot Springs Sidequest in Chapter 8

Why the fuck do they keep running gasoline engines indoors? So dangerous!!

zakujanai

+50 to ats/atd/attack/or def, +10 to speed, +3 to move isn't a good set of accessories?

I don't remember the numbers but those values didn't seem that great as a percentage of the total stat. Earlier in the game they'd make a huge difference but by that point I preferred to have status ailment immunity and gladiator belts. Most of my characters could already move from one side of the screen to another without these so that one in particular was of no interest.

I'm not saying they're worthless. But for the difficulty of the fights (or at least the first fight before I gained a couple of levels) I was pretty disappointed with the reward.

SolVanderlyn

Chapter 8

I'M PLAYING AS ANELACE AND KURT HOOOOOOLY SHIT

7drHiqrh.jpg

Bladenic

I don't remember the numbers but those values didn't seem that great as a percentage of the total stat. Earlier in the game they'd make a huge difference but by that point I preferred to have status ailment immunity and gladiator belts. Most of my characters could already move from one side of the screen to another without these so that one in particular was of no interest.

I'm not saying they're worthless. But for the difficulty of the fights (or at least the first fight before I gained a couple of levels) I was pretty disappointed with the reward.

fights weren't that hard :eyeroll: and the rewards are more than worth it.

Diablos54

So after focusing on Xenoblade Chronicles X for a week or so (clocked almost 70 hours so far, still on chapter 8), it's time to jump back in SC! On chapter 3 after 25 hours or so, feels good to be back!

SephLuis

Star Door #2.

I already saw this door and it's exactly the one that Gu4n helped me.

The one about
The Pillar of Salt
, right ?

In your opinion. I'm allowed to disagree.

If you use some of the accessories to increase particular status in some characters, they are almost unstoppable.
Zane with a STR acessory or Shera with a ADS one made them deal considerable damage to late game boss.

Chapter 8

I'M PLAYING AS ANELACE AND KURT
That whole sequence is great for getting a couple levels on your party, too.

Imagine a Kiseki game where you play from the Society's (or maybe one or more Jaeger groups') perspective and
Gilbert
is a party member. Then, maybe then Falcom would give you a way to skip battle animations!

zakujanai

If you use some of the accessories to increase particular status in some characters, they are almost unstoppable.
Zane with a STR acessory or Shera with a ADS one made them deal considerable damage to late game boss.

I still don't see how +50 on a stat that's well over 1000 is a game changer. I should really let it be though as its obvious that I'm the only person who felt these items weren't good enough to warrant using a precious accessory slot on.

Bladenic

I still don't see how +50 on a stat that's well over 1000 is a game changer. I should really let it be though as its obvious that I'm the only person who felt these items weren't good enough to warrant using a precious accessory slot on.

That's fine but what accessories did you equip?

Gu4n

That whole sequence is great for getting a couple levels on your party, too.

Imagine a Kiseki game where you play from the Society's (or maybe one or more Jaeger groups') perspective and
Gilbert
is a party member. Then, maybe then Falcom would give you a way to skip battle animations!
What else do you think the 'Skip' button in Trails of Cold Steel does? Or... are you implying you suspect one of our dear Class VII members of being an Ouroboros agent? *throws suspicious look*

war-3B.jpg

Famassu

Omg, my copy of Cold Steel I has been despatched. Now the long & painful wait for it begins. Oh well, at least I have time & the possibility to finish SC now that my re-decoration of my living room is complete and I can use my PC again.

What else do you think the 'Skip' button in Trails of Cold Steel does? Or... are you implying you suspect one of our dear Class VII members of being an Ouroboros agent? *throws suspicious look*

I don't suspect Class Se7en, but I do suspect you!

Mr. #IstandwithWeismann ;)

Gu4n

I don't suspect Class Se7en, but I do suspect you!

Mr. #IstandwithWeismann ;)
Remember the words of instructor Sara from the trailer: "We now have a sixth class, appropriately called Class VII". Seven, huh? Very appropriate. *anime glasses*

!! looking forward to play it even more now.
The Sora Evolution games go even a step further and allow you to speed up not only cut scenes, but also battles by holding the X button. Alternatively, you can hit the Select button to have auto-battle in super sonic speed, which is terribly easy to gather CP in an area with low level enemies -- but also terribly easy to lose a battle when you're not on top of things. No, Cold Steel's approach is definitely the safest middle ground.

Chapter 9

Gospel ID's...Holo-rails...o___o

Really intrigued by the Aureole's info and revelations. Reached the residential block. Will continue later. I hope I get to read the data crystals from Chapter 7 as well. Was only able to read 4 of them so far.

I love love LOVE when Estelle and Kloe have "girl talk" moments.

They were amazingly well done! I only remember the one though. Almost done with chapter 8 but its all straight rollercoaster at this point

There hasnt been a quiet moment of characters interacting in awhile... not since the great beach scene

That's fine but what accessories did you equip?

I would assume he had grail lockets/anti status on as many people then gladiator stuff on whoever was going to be using a lot of cp. I do understand his point though at the same time I think he's undervaluing the set.

SolVanderlyn

Nice touch on Chapter 8:
You can report sidequests for any region at any branch. So if you kill a monster in Grancel and the closer Bracer building is in Rolent, you can still hand it in there.

Top Bottom